Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Return to Thyferra

With: Tala Vale Tala Vale | Chirp

Equipment: Lightsaber | Field Robes | LPD-11 Heavy Blaster Pistol

Beep boop.

Caden shrugged, eyes focused on the planet of Thyferra currently filling the viewscreen. He hadn't intended to return to the planet so soon after the mission with Loomi Loomi , but something about the pirates they had encountered that day hadn't sat right with him. Clearly, the Jedi Council thought the same when they read his report on the incident because he'd soon been assigned by Sword of the Jedi Valery Noble Valery Noble to investigate further.

Boop boop beep.

The astromech sat next to Caden beeped again. The young Jedi understood binary, years of exposure meant he could speak droid near fluently. He understood that Chirp was asking why they'd returned to Thyferra, reminding Caden of his promise that he had made when they had been in pretty much the exact same spot the last time they had visited Thyferra, the promise of one last mission before they returned to whatever else they were doing in the Galaxy, away from the Jedi.

"I thought so too buddy, but the Jedi have a point this time. Pirates aren't that well armed, not normally. Something isn't sitting right with me about it. Plus, the Force is almost clouded, I have no idea what happens next and I think it's related to the pirates on Thyferra. I don't know why, it's just a niggling feeling"

Patting the droid on the dome, Caden got to his feet.

He'd had to borrow a shuttle from the Jedi, considering what had happened to his ship on his last adventure to Thyferra. He had a plan to acquire a new freighter but he was waiting for a few contacts to get back to him. It was something that needed to be done entirely off record and that made communication with the potential owner of the vessel complicated at best. Luckily, Caden had strings he could pull and friends who could serve as a go between.

Caden adjusted his robes. He'd repared them after the Mortis incident, ensured they were back in working order.

Jedi Master Noble had assigned him a Padawan for his investigations, however it wasn't Loomi. He would have appreciated it being Loomi, she too had already seen the power the pirates possessed and would have been a fairly useful companion. Instead it ws a newer Jedi, a young female known as Tala Vale. She appeared roughly his age, possibily a little younger. She was much bigger than him, almost a giant compared to the smaller Jedi Knight.

Last Caden had seen her, she'd been in the back of the borrowed shuttle. He walked through from the cockpit, leaving Chirp to deal with the final pre-flight calculations and landings. It was something the droid was capable of, something the droid had done a thousand times. All Caden would need to do is ensure the final touchdown was smooth. Chirp tended to bring them in a bit too rough for the liking of the Jedi Knight.

"Padawan Vale, you doing okay? We'll be landing in the next ten minutes or so, so I wanted to check in. You got everything? You aware of the purpose of our mission?

Padawan Vale subconsciously nodded as she heard Knight's voice . Tala had mostly given the Knight space to plan and talk to their droid partner. She on the other hand spent most of the time cleaning the weapons she had checked out from the temple while listening and humming to her favorite songs. It helped calm her "first" mission nerves.

After realizing that her presence was needed, she got up from the floor where she cleaned her new Sohei blade. Looking at the bright beacon that was Knight Caden Evesa, she wondered what person she was going to be working with. She didn't know much about the man but he seemed okay. The Knight had mostly left her alone and talked to his astromech which was fine by her. It gave her time to review the mission and get her equipment ready for her first major deployment. "I'm ready to go. Are we going hard or soft during this mission?" While Tala would rather gather intel and get to the root of the pirate problem, it wasn't her call. The Knight called the shots for better or worse and his course of action would tell her what kinda of person he was.

Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

Caden nodded along as his companion spoke.

"The plan isn't to resort to violence, though I'd recommend equiping for it just to be safe. The plan didn't involve violence last time I ended up losing a ship. Things can turn quickly, especially with pirates. Plus, these pirates are well armed, dangerously so. Our mission is purely just to find out where they're getting access to military grade weaponary."

The young Jedi double checked his utility belt one last time. He had his lightsaber on his left hip and his blaster pistol on his right. He'd dressed in his armoured Field Robes, although he was hoping they wouldn't be needed. He hoped they could investigate without violence, but he'd also hoped diplomacy would work the last time he was on Thyferra and he'd ended up with his ship being blown up.

"Trust in the Force. Everything today should work out fine if you do"

Chirp beeped, summoning Caden back into the cockpit for the final decent. The young Jedi made it clear to his companion she was welcome to join him in the cockpit if she wished, or she could get her equipment and gear ready and in order whilst Caden brought the ship safely down into the rainforests of Thyferra. The choice was hers to make.

Taking a seat in the cockpit, Caden began to work. With his fingers dancing across the controls, Caden felt the shuttle respond to his every command. Within moments the duo of Corellian and Droid brought the borrowed shuttle down into the rainforest, just a short walk from the wreckage of the Jedi's former freighter and the factory where everything had gone wrong for himself and Loomi.

A deep breath came from the young Jedi, and he ran his hand through his hair. Chirp let out a beep and Caden patted the droid on the dome. He took a few seconds before heading out into the communal area of the shuttle to meet with his companion and run through the plan with the Padawan one last time. He used the Force to pull up a chair, and he nodded to Chirp who projected a holographic map of the local area between Caden and Tala.

"We have two options. Here is the wreckage of my old ship, destroyed by the pirates. Here is the factory that was originally taken over by the pirates. Me and Loomi... a Padawan I worked with, we cleared the factory out but never had chance to explore it further. Both options could lead us to evidence, which do you prefer?"

As he spoke, he pointed out the two locations. Chirp took the hint quickly and pinpointed both with red arrows on the holographic projection. He knew the factory would have information, but he had personal reasons to return to his ship. He wanted to collect a few items that he hadn't had time to rescue from the ruins of his ship before he and Loomi had to flee Thyferra the last time.

With how many well-armed factions have fallen apart in the last couple of years, Tala wasn't surprised that some had trickled down to a rag-tag pirate group. Those weapons could have been from anywhere (her bet was on the imps). As the Knight started to check his gear, she started to check her own. She carried a "Big Iron" in a custom shoulder holster made for her larger than average size. Her sword fit her back as well as her main weapon, an "Unmaker". In the tool pouches on her belt, she carried a couple of null grenades, extra ammo, and pouches for dried food and water. Hopefully, this mission would just be a day trip but one could never be so sure as what the Jungle would bring.

Dressing in light pants, combat boots, and a basic polyester athletic long-sleeve t-shirt with her Dooku Armor thrown over it. As the Knight commented that she should trust in the force, Tala only nodded in the affirmative with a small smile to the Knight that she was ready to go. The astromech's chirps that followed meant that it really was time to go. When the Knight gestured to the cockpit, the Padawan replied "Give me a second and then I'll join you." When the Knight had well and truly left, she plucked out a small flask from one of her belt pockets and downed the contents. The fiery sensation that came down her throat felt like it was from heaven and hell all at once. Wherever that liquor stand got their rocket fuel, it was damn worth the cost. Now she was truly ready to go into the hostile jungles.

Joining Caden in the Cockpit, she got a 5-minute view of the highlighted rainforest before the ship set down. It looked so pristine from up in the air that Tala almost didn't want to go down and disturb it. The landing was so smooth that Tala didn't realize they had landed till the Knight had gotten up from his seat. The trio then plodded their way out to the communal area and she saw the objectives they had to complete, it only took a coupled of seconds to pick their first target. "I have a feeling that the factory isn't going to be as abandoned as you think it will be. Even if it is not filled with people, it will probably be filled with traps. So my pick is the ship first. Hopefully, they haven't had time to booby-trap it too."

Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

The Jedi Knight agreed.

Tala had made a good point, and he found himself agreeing with it. The factory had been clear when he and Loomi had left Thyferra previously, but that wasn't to say trouble hadn't returned since they'd left. There was no saying that trouble hadn't moved back in, or at least rigged the building to go bang with the hope of taking out at Jedi who came looking for further information.

"The factory was empty when we left, but you're right. No saying they haven't returned. Good thinking kid. I'm hoping what's left of my ship doesn't appeal to them. Fingers crossed, there's something that they left there that can give us any sort of idea or clue about where they came from"

Caden nodded to Chirp, and the holographic projection vanished. The droid wouldn't be joining them on the mission, although Caden had ensured that he would be on standby if he was needed. He'd learnt throughout his time in the galaxy, you never knew when you'd need an astromech. Chirp had come in useful on more than one occasion, especially times Caden hadn't realised a droid would come in useful in the first place.

Slowly, the Jedi Knight led the way out of the shuttle to the surface of the rainforest below.

Closing his eyes, the Jedi Knight felt out with the Force. There was nothing local that he could sense, except what appeared to be local wildlife. He took a few more seconds just to ensure that their path was clear before opening his eyes and beginning to set off towards the ruined remains of his ship, hopefully with his Padawan friend following.

"So, what's your background? Always been with the Jedi or?"

Small talk had never been his forte, but he figured starting a conversation was somewhat better than walking in silence. The ruins of his freighter were a good five or ten minute walk from the shuttle they had used to arrive on Thyferra. Walking in silence for that long didn't appeal to him. Actually saying that, silence in general didn't appeal to him.

He carried on walking, waiting for the young Jedi Padawan to respond.

Tala gave the Knight an appreciative nod as she listened to the Knight's reply. She was glad that Caden had listened to her. She hadn't had the best experiences with Jedi of Higher Ranks so far so it was nice to have someone listen to her. "Would you abandon your most important facility with all of your workers? Without their infrastructure, they wouldn't be as nearly as much money lining their pockets. I bet they would have reinforced it with more thugs, repeating blasters, and hell maybe even starfighter support. They won't think that the Jedi will return to the same spot twice seeing how busy we are and even if we did, they will blow us away." But here they were, coming back into a death trap. Their only hope was that they could get in and out before the trap closed shut.

As the Jedi Knight scouted his way out through the force, Tala followed suit. Using her "eyes", she spied over the glowing pinpricks for humanoid forms but only saw treetop creatures chittering at them from on high. The Jungle really did seem endless below just had it had seemed above. As the Knight started to move out, Tala could only follow him, hoping the Jungle wouldn't swallow them whole.

Tala was humming along when Caden asked his question. Unlike him, she didn't mind the silence. It let her listen to the sounds of the forest and other sounds that meant enemies were approaching. Still, it would be impolite to shut the Knight up so she decided to answer him. "Well, I was with the Luka Sene which is basically... how would I describe it... a college for those of my people that are particularly gifted in the force for a few years under my dad before being given the choice when it was thought I was ready to make the choice if I wanted to stay home with the Luka Sene or join the Jedi and venture out into the galaxy. Now, your turn."

Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

Caden offered a nod to his companion.

"My turn? Well, what is there to know. I came through the Silver Jedi as a kid. Ended up on Yurb where I became apprenticed to Okkeus Dainlai. Fought in the Bryn wars for a few years, saw my share of combat fighting the Bryn'adul let's put it that way Left after an issue with Okkeus, ended up on Mandalore. Trained alongside the Mandalorian's for a while before returning to the Jedi. Did some Jedi things, got Knighted and went off exploring different sects of Force Users for a while"

He shrugged as if it was no big deal. He'd summerised a fair seven or eight years or so of his life into a few sentances pretty easily. He'd skipped out the potential romance, the fatherly bond with Damien, the fight between him and Okkeus, but he felt he'd gotten the big details and key events nailed down in those few sentances.

"Had no intention of returning to the drama of the galaxy until the Force called me to Mortis. Ended up dueling a Sith on Mortis before making my way to the Galactic Alliance for a debrief. Was intending to go back to my business but I was asked if I'd check out Thyferra before I left. Did that, returned to Courscant, planned to go do my own thing again and then the Sword of the Jedi decided to ask us to return here"

The young Jedi decided to leave out the feelings he'd been having in the Force. He wasn't intending to tell his companion, he didn't want her to worry. Thyferra felt important though, of that he was certain. The Force was keeping him attached to the Galactic Alliance and he wasn't quite sure why but he knew whatever it was, it was important and it was linked to Thyferra.

After a few moments, their target appeared in a clearing in front of them. Approaching the wreckage of the ship, Caden let out a sigh. He didn't sense anything out of the ordinary, but he still didn't trust that his ship wouldn't try to kill him. He didn't trust that the pirates wouldn't have rigged up traps or explosives to take out any passers by.

"Look what they've done to my ship"

Tala raised an eyebrow as Caden's story came spilling it. It seems that the Knight had quite the life. The ending wasn't as surprising and caused a smirk to Padawan's mouth. "You were out of the world-saving game but they pulled you right back in huh?" She wasn't surprised. It was hard to find force users and it was even harder to find trained ones. A lot of pressure must have been put on Caden to get him officially back into the Order. For better or worse, gaslighting had its place in the Jedi Order for keeping its people in line.

As they passed through the last of the brush, they came upon the hulk of misshaped metal that used to be Caden's ship. As she heard the man's sigh, all she could do is put a hand on his shoulder. "We'll get your home recovered when this is all over. I'll rebuild her myself if I have to... No one should lose their home." Approaching slowly, she couldn't see any electrical fields which meant there weren't any more mechanical traps that she couldn't see. "So... we just going start throwing rocks everywhere till we're satisfied that two logs aren't going to come together to crush us?"

Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

"Something like that, yeah"

He cast an eye to her as they walked. He didn't elaborate further on his response to her comment about being pulled back in. No-one had forced him into anything, he could have said no at any time. He chose to carry out the missions to Thyferra because the Force told him it was the right thing for him to do. That he would be in the right place at the right time.

Tala offered her suggestion about throwing rocks and the Jedi Knight offered a slight chuckle.

"There's an easier way to make sure we're not going to made into Jedi pancakes. You have a tool at your disposal in much the same way as I do. Trust in the Force, feel out with it. Use your senses, feel for any traps that have been laid and if you're comfortable that there aren't any, walk forward. The Force is your friend, it wants to keep you alive, so trust it to do it's job"

Caden spoke calmly, like a teacher to a student. Even though he wasn't a teacher and Tala wasn't his student. He felt responsible for her though, she'd been assigned to him for the duration of the mission and Caden figured she should at least take some knowledge and some training from it. He'd always found the best training wasn't in the classroom but was instead in the field.

The young Knight had already taken liberty of scouting with the Force. He'd already determined the chance of death from traps was low. He had the experience to sense out whilst talking, the experience of using the Force whilst multitasking. He wasn't entirely sure if Tala was at that level or not yet, but he figured he would give her time to tap into the Force.

"You have time, don't worry. Take all the time you need. As I've said multiple times, trust in the Force"

Tala grimaced as Caden told her to trust the force. It was easier said than done. It was easier for the person with eyes to fall back on if the force failed him. If it was feeling fickle when she tried to use it, she would literally be in the dark. Trust went both ways and it was hard to trust something that had more potential downsides than side effects. All she could do is hope for the best.

Grabbing a stick from the forest to use as a walking stick, she quietly tried to feel her way toward the ship. It wasn't the first time that she had been in one of these situations and it wouldn't be the last but it didn't make it any less scary especially when she had seen the same thing go wrong before. God, that day had been a bloody mess...

With her wobbly trust in the force, she moved forward. As she felt the bottom half not be disconnected from her top, she grew more confident and by the time she had reached the door hatch, she felt fully attuned to the force. It was also near the door hatch where she found the first problem. There was an invisible energy field covering the doorway with projectors on both sides. "We got a problem... I'm hoping you actually have tools in that tool belt because we might need them."

Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

Caden watched the young Jedi.

The first thing he noticed was her lack of confidence, especially in the Force. She clearly wasn't used to opening herself up and following it's call, which was understandable. Many Padawan's weren't. Caden also considered her disability, he could only imagine the extra difficulty on her with her lack of vision. It was something the Force could counter, if she learned to trust it.

When the young Padawan mentioned a problem, he nodded. He hadn't expected a force field, but it wasn't the worst problem. He'd disabled a fair few in his time. Granted, he'd normally have Chirp with him and this time and he had left Chirp on the ship but it was fine. He'd be able to figure it out and get them access to the ship, with any luck.

Or he'd find a plan B.

Approaching the projector, he crouched down. He was good with his hands, successfully building two droids at fifteen. Disconnecting this projector wouldn't be difficult, it was the projector on the other side that would cause more issues. He shook his head, getting back up to his feet. There was always an easier way to get around these sorts of problems.

"Some advice for you. There's always option two, no matter what you do. Think outside of the box, and you'll be okay"

Walking until he was under the ship, he took his blade from his belt and ignited it. He reached up, inserting the yellow blade through the panneling of the ship. He spent a few moments cutting a circle big enough for both Tala and himself to squeeze through. Nothing blew up, which he was excited about. It meant the ship hadn't been flooded with any sort of flammable gas.

He disengaged his weapon as a circle of metal fell. He stepped out of the way so that it didn't bounce off of his skull, before looking up into the hole he had created. Once he was satisfied that they wouldn't die once gaining access, he turned towards the Jedi Padawan who was accompanying him. He gestured to the hole in the ship and offered a laugh.

"You need a leg up?"

Tala could only roll her nonexistent eyes as the Knight's weapon cut into the metal hull of his own ship. "You're going to repair that hole if we ever get this hulk off the ground." She did take the knight's words at face value. There always was another option though Tala's second option might have been much more explosive than Caden's.

Politely shaking her head at the Knight's offer of help, Tala declined the Jedi Knight's help. To her, it sounded like pity and she didn't accept handouts. She would do this the hard way and prove that she could hold her own to her mission partner. "I'll be alright. Let's just get in there and get your precious action figure collection." Without another word, the padawan backed up to get a running head start, she ran up to the breach and jumped up. Her gloved fingers managed to catch the lip and after a couple of seconds, she managed to use her arms to lift herself up, enabling her to swing her leg over and enter the ship. Turning around, the knight would see the satisfied smirk on her face. "Need a hand?"

Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

She was much more like him than he had realised.

Both Tala and Caden shared a similar sense of humour. They'd only known each other hours and yet were poking fun at each other like they'd known each other for years. It was refreshing to see, especially from someone who'd spent so much time in the temple. It had taken him years to find his sense of humour after he'd joined Okkeus, he'd been raised in the temple and all he knew was professional Jedi speak.

Caden cast a smirk towards his companion and jumped up into the hole his yellow blade had left in the hull of his once space worthy vessel. His training with the Mandalorian clans and years of training in gyms across the galaxy paid off and he found himself able to climb through with no issues. He got up to his feet and let out a soft sigh and he cast his eyes around his ship.

"What a waste of a good ship"

Slowly, he took a torch from his hip and casually flicked the power switch to the on position. The power on the ship itself had been knocked out when it was destroyed and as such, the innards of the vessel were cast into an unsettling darkness. The light cast from the torch did little to offset the unsettling nature, but at least it meant the Jedi Knight can see.

"You try and find anything left by the pirates that might give us a clue about where they ran off to. I'm going to go and rescue the data on the ship. There's some sensitive information on there and I reckon it wouldn't go down well if it fell into the wrong hands"

And with that, he darted off towards the cockpit.

Tala sighed as she looked around at the permanent blackness as she tried to imagine what the ship really looked like. "Yeah... But all good things have to come to an end sometime..." The Young Woman only wished she could see it so that she could describe it more but by the way she heard the hull creak, right now it was nothing more to write home about.

Tala only absentmindedly nodded as Caden told her to search around. Telling a blind woman to look around. Atleast he has a sense of humor... As Caden darted off, Tala threw in one last comment. "Well, I guess we will see if Chirp deleted the important files and replaced them with his robot "videos". If he did and the thugs did steal the box, then we are going to have some mighty confused pirates on our hands." With that, she started to walk through the halls with a twisted grin on her face, imagining the pirate's faces wincing as they watched something that should not be watched by organic eyes.

The Red-Headed Jedi felt along the wall as she tried to navigate the hallways. The ship was thankfully still mostly in one piece and though thankful she was less likely to get tetanus, she still walked lightly in case she ran into something sharp. Instead, she ran into something else as she walked along, something light, just before it slipped through the floor's mesh and into the unknown, causing Tala to swear up a storm. Hell, %^&$ this @#$%^. Now I'm going to have to go in after it... Quickly, she took her sword out and hacked the lock to the entryway into whatever was down there. After saying one final prayer to Ashla and Bogan, she dived into the unknown like a good schoolgirl would go do a slide, feet first

She regretted that decision just as she hit the dirty sewer water. Following a large splash, the Jedi came up for air and started to search around. That card has to be done there somewhere... Eventually, after 15 minutes of sifting through the trash, she finally found the object she had been searching for. As she brushed off what she thought was a lamented business card, someone else found something it liked. Quickly, a tentacle twirled around the Padawan's leg and tried to drag her down. Soon, gunshots would be heard coming from the compartment as a vicious fight that could be heard throughout the ship broke out.

Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

Caden walked through his ship.

It was a wreck compared to what he was used to. Loose wires were exposed, panels blown apart and the entire ship was covered in scortch marks from the explosions that had destroyed it in the first place. It broke his heart to see the ship he had been in command of for so long in such a state, damaged beyond repair and likely not even recoverable.

Upon entering the cockpit, Caden let out a sigh. It was the most damaged part of the ship he had seen so far, to the point that Caden actually got sad when he entered. There was nothing left of it but broken panels and scortch marks. It was a fair assumption that the cockpit had been ground zero of one of the explosions that had destroyed the ship.

The Jedi Knight began moving fallen panels aside. He needed to get the data core of the ship secured, especially since it had operational information throughout all of his time in different Jedi Order's on it. It was all stuff that he should have deleted or wiped but didn't. He was aware the damage that it could do if it fell into the wrong hands.

He took the data core in his grasp, and freed it from the ship. He slid it into his pocket, and let out a sigh. He honestly hadn't been expecting it to still be present. It was a positive sign that it was still in place and clearly hadn't been tampered with. It meant the pirates hadn't searched the ship yet, meaning that Tala was likely to find evidence of where they had come from.

Then he heard blaster fire. And he ran.

Tala fired round after round as she tried to wrestle her leg away from the beast that plagued her. It was all she could do before the beast forced the gun out of her hand and dragged her under into its domain. Now she was underwater with the large Dianoga, holding her breath as she tried to fight the creature's mouth away as it lacked away, trying to get at its target any way possible. She was its domain now, its home and she would have to fight to get out of it. There was only one way she could win this fight before she suffocated if she ended it now. With some strong kicks, she pressed the hungry animal against the wall and unlatched her sword from her back. There was no hesitation as she shoved her sword through the eye of the beast, making it produce a blood-curdling wail that echoed throughout the ship. After a minute more of the beast's tentacles waving around wildly, the animal eventually fell silent and she was able to swim up to the surface.

After catching her breath, she dove again to pick up her service weapon before coming up to breath the smelly air. The Padawan then made her way over to the ladder and climbed her way up on shakey arms and legs. As the Knight came around the corner to see her cover in trash and who knows whatever else, she waddled over and took the dirty laminated card out of her pocket and slapped it into his hand as she said weakly. "Don't say I never did anything for you..."

Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

Late was an understatement.

He arrived right as the fighting and drama wrapped up, not when he would have been useful. He'd ran through the ship as fast as he could and he still hadn't made it on time. Luckily for him, Tala had proven that she could handle herself well against whatever it was she was fighting. Especially as she was the one who came away from the scenario still making witty comments.

"Did I say anything? I didn't say anything"

Caden offered a smile, taking the laminated card from the filth covered Padawan. His eyes danced over it, taking in as much information as he could. It seemed to be giving pretty accurate details of the big pirate hangout headquarters, which was nothing if not convenient. He slid the card into his pocket, casting his eyes back over to the Padawan.

"Looks like you rescued the one clue we needed. Let's get back to the ship, get you cleaned up and get in contact with Master Noble. See if she wants us to act on this or not"

Tala narrowed her eyes for a moment at the Knight, wondering if she could get away with rubbing her shit-covered body all over him before sighing and letting her anger go. It would be unbecoming of me... Her eyes did light up however when the Knight mentioned that she had found the one clue that they needed. She didn't know what that piece of flimsy contained but she guessed it was a good thing. "Yeah... It would feel nice to have hot water across my skin. Wait a moment though..." The redhead stepped back down the ladder only to come up with the large squid she had slain over her shoulder. "Better not to waste this creature's sacrifice... Besides, I want sushi for lunch."

-End of Thread-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom