Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Return to Commenor [House Arenais + Friends]

Marcus Ismet-Ku

Hold on, let me over think this...
“Thanks, it’s good to see you too Gramma.” He said, being sure not to make a fool of himself the same way twice in as many minutes.

If he could see, he probably would’ve looked around out of anxiousness, but he never picked up that habit. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to be here, or worried something bad was going to happen, he just didn’t know what to say. He spent most of his time manipulating equations and interacting with computers and A.I systems so he didn’t “get out” much, as others might put it. Instead of exploring new social domains, he explored mathematical structures and the space of computing ideas, which unsurprisingly left his social skills unpracticed.

When Kay was led away to freshen-up, he perceived that his uncle was once again free. “You don’t have to worry about me Uncle Caedyn, I don’t drink. Dulls the ol’ noggin. I mean, you know what they say, math and alcohol don’t mix, never drink and derive…” He snickered to himself, though even he had to admit it was wholly unoriginal.

“So uh… How’s it going with the Silver Jedi and your new Padawan? Must be a handful taking care of a kid all the time.”

Jairdain Jairdain Caedyn Arenais NPC Treasury NPC Treasury

The floating meat slipped from its bun and hit the ground, causing the hound to stop short. Kyra yelped, bucked off and sent flying, neither of which caught her by that much surprise. All that time on the moving obstacle course pulled through, and with a twist of her body and nudge of the force, she went scattering across with grassy hillside without much of an impact.

Damn dog left her hanging, going back for the dropped meat.

She could be heard leveling unintelligible words at him, storming back over and whapping his nose with the bun. He lobbed that from her too, his velvet tongue leaving her hands slimy and gross.

"Aw, yuck!" She complained. She looked up in that moment, feeling the attention on her. Oh, more party goer- she double took. And froze. Crystal blue eyes stared at the man across the lawn, the girl freezing up without even meaning to. Some things just took a bit of mental preparation. This one... this was it.

She turned and darted for the side doors she had exited out of, a mere twenty feet away. Yup. Nope! I dunno. She ran without thinking, a leaf in her hair as she splatted rudely into Caedyn's side in the main hall.

"What is he doing here?" She hissed, interrupting his company without care as she yanked demandingly at his arm.

She smelt like dog slobber.

@everyone ! .... sorry!

Last edited:

Caedyn Arenais

C
NPC Treasury NPC Treasury was obviously feeling a little claustrophobic around all the others, faces new and old, and plenty more company than she'd usually spend her time in these last years. Caedyn's Astromech whom he had inherited from his Father would cheerfully lead her downstairs, ignorant of the woman's anxieties whilst Caedyn himself would find Marcus Ismet-Ku Marcus Ismet-Ku making a rather amusing pun in his families dry and terrible sense of humor; Needless to say, Caedyn was plenty amused.
“So uh… How’s it going with the Silver Jedi and your new Padawan?
Must be a handful taking care of a kid all the time”.

A fair question, especially for those who hadn't grown into the role of teaching students the way Jedi Knight's were often expected to do. To be honest, Caedyn wasn't a confident teacher when it came to the classroom environment, however Kyra Perl Kyra Perl was something else. It was difficult to put into words, a sense of family in coming to know one another, their apprenticeship a bond of trust, integrity, experience and learning for the both of them. Had he the chance to change things, Caedyn could honestly say there was nothing he would have differently.

"What is he doing here?".

And there she was, as if on queue. Caedyn didn't even have to turn to meet her gaze as his Padawan put herself between him and his Nephew and Aunt Jairdain Jairdain , clearly feeling hard done by. The 'he' that she was referring to was of course none other than her estranged father, Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser .

"As I've explained before, Coren's one of the few remaining friends of my Father's..." He answered her softly, reaching out to brush a wad of Dog Saliva from her shoulder. She looked like she'd been rolling in the grass with them, which admittedly made him smile a little knowing that she was an animal lover like himself. "He was there for Veiere during one of the harder times of his life, and Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel has been a known associate and former member of our Order for quite some time now. I invited them both".

Kay quietly excused herself and followed the little droid as it beeped and chirped while leading her downstairs. Of course she couldn't understand it, but it was pleasant enough company. And at least the droid didn't know her history and didn't judge her like others would.

The room provided for her was much larger than her tiny room above the tea shoppe. She set the satchel down on the bed and took a look around. Fortunately Caedyn Arenais was good enough to ensure that there was a kettle for her, and even a cozy looking chair overlooking a pretty view. It looked like a nice place to stay for a little while. But Kay had no idea just how long or how short that time would be.

That all depended on how well she could pretend. More than likely people would expect her to be like she was when she lived on Commenor. But she wasn't that person anymore. She wasn't so sure if she ever could be.

Kay plastered on a little smile and then followed the little droid back upstairs and up to where the kitchen was. She needed to make some tea.

Though she couldn't see Kyra Perl Kyra Perl all that well as the girl played with the large dog by the hill, Celeste could see her flame-red hair. A mix of Joza's zeltron allure and Coren's charm... goodness. Watching from their vantage point, her brows arched as the girl was bucked off her canine steed. And Celeste brought a hand up to cover a soft chuckle. This girl was spirited, that she could already tell.

“I'm looking forward to meeting her,” Celeste said, smiling at Coren.

It was true. Celeste wasn't just saying that to act supportive, she was genuinely curious about the girl. A healer, she was tender-hearted, not the kind to turn to jealous spite or anger over something that happened in the past.

She watched as Kyra went immediately to the side of Caedyn Arenais – and not to greet Coren. Ah, yes... she glanced sidelong at Coren. The girl hadn't warmed up to her father just yet. It was understandable, really. Finding out that Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser was your dad would be quite the shock indeed.

“Shall we wait for her to to approach?” Celeste asked her husband in a hushed voice. “Or go to say hello?”

Celeste did need to thank their host for the invitation.

Everything was different than when he left the galaxy. Celeste may have been the only constant for him. But he came with her and saw everything that he went through, and stood behind him. He was so grateful that she was standing behind him even with his past. Sure, he had Jared and Kaia but he was married to their mother for a time, until she passed. He would never call any time with Joza Perl Joza Perl Joza Perl Joza Perl , especially as it resulted in Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Kyra Perl a mistake, but it was something in his past that he was a bit weird about. Well, only now…

Though, Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel gave him no reason to. Seeing the dog run, he looked to his wife and back up. “I think we need to let her come to us. We had a good talk when I brought her out to Terminus, but… I think there is still some caution.” Not a bad thing for a Jedi to have, honestly.

“Do you want to step inside? A few others are here, some familiar, some new.”

The galaxy had changed a touch.

There were many times in her life where Jairdain felt left out and this was one of them. While she was sort of part of the family, it was really her son that was. It wasn't that she was pushed away or anything, but she wasn't entirely included at the moment. Being patient, she was sure that would change when they all got inside.

As she allowed Marcus and Caedyn to chat, she couldn't help but notice when a girl arrived. Smelling like dog and nature, she was clearly upset at something. What that was, Jairdain did not know. Having been out of the loop for so long, it was hardly a surprise. Giving a mental shrug, she turned her attention back to the conversation between her son and Caedyn.

The explanation was clear and concise. Something that would be told to an apprentice from a master. How Marcus knew of this, she didn't know and did not ask. At least, not right now.

All she could do right now was follow along and wait. She had greeted the people she already knew and the others were too far away to introduce herself to. Time for that later.

Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Caedyn Arenais Marcus Ismet-Ku Marcus Ismet-Ku Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Marcus Ismet-Ku

Hold on, let me over think this...
On que, Marcus received an answer to his question when Caedyn Arenais' padawan, Kyra Perl Kyra Perl , came rushing in full of complaints. He quickly plugged his nose as she burst into the room. His acute sense of smell coming under assault from the dog slobber perfume wafting up from the agitated padawan. She was complaining, it seemed, about someone being at the gathering. For a split second, the self-conscious young man feared she was opposing his presence of all people.

Fortunately, his uncle’s response to her quickly made it clear that, like most things, it had nothing to do with him after all. Some, but not all, of the tension in his shoulders relaxed. Kyra was still a kid and Marcus was nervous around kids. Granted, he was nervous around most people, but kids always baffled him. Even when he was one. They were so chaotic and frankly, mean. At least in his limited experience.

“Uuuh… I’m going to go see how Mom’s doing…” he squeaked out as he shyly felt his way back to Jairdain Jairdain .

“I didn’t realize there were going to be kids here…” he said, now back to standing with his Mother. He mimed waving the stench away from his nose “and she smells like she just crawled out of a Rancor’s mouth too. So fair warning if you get near her.”

He then wondered how his grandmother was doing, which made him realize he didn’t know that much about his Mother’s time on Commenor before he was born. Except that it had something to do with NPC Treasury NPC Treasury hiring her to teach and advise his biological father. They didn’t talk about Bradshaw much. Marcus guessed the instruction didn’t go exactly as planned, though, considering he’d been born and his biological father had been missing in the galaxy for nearly two decades.

“Is it weird being back to Commenor?” he asked his Mom, “Has a lot changed? I mean, I know it isn’t ruled by Gramma anymore.”

Last edited:
Kyra's grip tightened on Caedyn Arenais 's arm, the girl utterly unaware to the dispersal of people, all caused by her interruption. "But you told me this was my decision," she wined, the words grinding through her teeth. Clearly that meant Caedyn was not allowed to associate or even like her father until he got her okay.

Didn't he know how teenage loyalty worked???

She glanced towards the front door, the familiar figure of him half visible through the small gathering. She had been doing a bang up job of pretending the encounter had never happened, but now the girl felt the sudden pressure to decide whether she liked him or not. Truth was, she didn't know. Was that how this worked? A decision yes or no? Accept or decline? There wasn't enough facts-- she couldn't-- This was very confusing.

She looked back up to Caedyn, stress straining through her features. "Did you get the test like I asked?" Forget the force, it lied right? Right?? A DNA test-- now that would tell the truth. ...Unless they messed up the vials. Or misread the results. Or- She weezed, quickly turning to step behind Caedyn and go unnoticed as she felt their approach to the door.

"I'mnothere." She insisted into his shoulder. Her elbow protruded from his side, her hair visible. She squirmed, racing to set her mind straight.

Celeste watched with a mix of curiosity and amusement as the teenage girl attempted to hide behind Caedyn Arenais. She turned a slight glance to Coren. Their plan had been to wait and allow the girl to approach them... well, it became clear that it wasn't going to happen that way.

“Oh.” Celeste breathed out and nudged Coren. “Let's just go say hello.”

This was supposed to be a light-hearted gathering to celebrate the new Arenais estate, there wasn't any need to fill it with drama—a measure of awkwardness, sure, but not drama. Taking a deep breath, Celeste started over towards the group gathered by Caedyn.

“Knight Arenais,” she said with a smile. “Thank you for inviting us to your beautiful home.” Celeste didn't know the young man very well, by reputation, mostly. The same went for Jairdain Jairdain , a name she'd heard around Silver Rest. “I'm Celeste Rigel—Coren's wife,” she said, knowing they would be familiar with her husband. “Nice to meet you all.”

And she shifted a small glance Kyra's direction. “Hello, there,” she added in a kind, non-threatening tone.

Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser , Kyra Perl Kyra Perl , Marcus Ismet-Ku Marcus Ismet-Ku

Caedyn Arenais

C
"You can decide how much time you want to spend with him, I'm not forcing you but he is a friend of the family and a friend of mine" Caedyn informed his Padawan, "The fact is that we Jedi need to stick together, to help and support one another. Tonight is in honor of my Father and my Family's time on Commenor before and returning now. Whether you use this as an opportunity to get to know them better is entirely up to you, though I strongly suggest you give him a chance. You were wrong about me after all, what makes you think you won't be wrong about him too" Caedyn couldn't force her one way or another, but he'd do a bloody good job to push her in the right direction. The direction that he knew she would benefit from in the end, whether she could see it now or otherwise was another story.

“Knight Arenais".
Caedyn blinked and turned to find Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel and Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser standing before them; the timing was both horrible and perfect for his Padawan all at the same time. Turning, Caedyn wrapped one arm around the back of Kyra Perl Kyra Perl 's shoulders and forced her to come forward at his side in clear sight of the two. She could hide all she wished but he wouldn't be her scapegoat.

"Master Rigel" Caedyn bowed his head respectfully in greeting, soon turning to look to Coren and smiling in welcome greeting; "Good to see you again Coren" he added, no less sincere or welcoming. "Kyra here was just telling me good things about your trip into the Outer Rim" he grinned, pushing his Padawan forward a step more with an encouraging nudge.

Caedyn didn't require a test to sense the resounding connection between them both.

NPC Treasury NPC Treasury | Marcus Ismet-Ku Marcus Ismet-Ku | Jairdain Jairdain

He was partially expecting to see his daughter here, she was Caedyn’s student after all, and this was Caedyn’s home. He knew there were a few others that were here. But his main focus seemed to be making amends with everyone here and showing those that were here that he was worthy of spending time within the Silver Jedi, and hoping that he could make some connections, or re-establish the ones he had from before the honeymoon. Watching the others, he heard Celeste speak about the elephant in the room and was smirking.

Watching Kyra, he was almost grinning to himself. Why were her nerves making him laugh?

“Of course.” He said to Celeste as he got nudged. As he and his wife walked up, he was all smiles, especially as he was greeted again by Caedyn. As Celeste spoke, he smiled and nudged her and Kyra in the Force.

“Was she now?” He grinned as he looked to Kyra then back to Caedyn. “What did she say about it?” He was wondering how close the Master and Student were on the feelings sharing side of things.

Caedyn Arenais Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel Marcus Ismet-Ku Marcus Ismet-Ku

Kay settled into a corner in the kitchen once the tea was brewed, cradling the cup in her hands. She felt almost as though the whole Estate was closing in around her. It was much like how she had felt a few times in her life already. So she recognized it for what it was; post-traumatic stress. Such a thing takes time to get over, although she didn't really get over the last episode. Perhaps it could be because she was alone.

She listened to the conversations going on inside of the Estate, their voices echoing off the walls. A part of her wanted to join them, but there was much holding her back. She didn't know everybody and there was much judgements against her that could be made. Her reputation was gone, tarnished beyond repair and the last thing that she needed to do was to make it even worse.

Kay sipped her tea, closing her eyes as the hot liquid started to do it's work and sooth her. She slid down in her corner, lowering herself until she was cross-legged on the floor. Leaning her head back against the wall, she listened to the conversations with half an ear. Life carried on, yet she couldn't help but feel dead to it.

Grief was cruel.

"Hey-no-" Kyra froze as Caedyn Arenais ducked out and forced her front and center, the usually loud and charismatic girl looking like a deer in headlights as she was brought before her Father. Her eyes darted between the faces, the same crystal blue of Coren's as he gave her knowing look. Was that amusement she saw?? This wasn't funny!

"Kyra here was just telling me good things about your trip into the Outer Rim"
“Was she now? What did she say about it?”

Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser nudged her through the force. She shoved back. ... Accidentally, as it stood, but it was a sign of rejection born from panic none the less. "I did not- Noooo. I didn't say anything-- why would I say anything? It's not like-" The girl double took, the blonde before her finally acknowledged, and not for lack of presence, cause chite-- pregnant much?

The sight of Celeste made Kyra's halting confusion that much more sudden, a violent shift of emotions rippling through the force from her.

"I'm sorry-- did you say wife?" Tension hung in the air, it's manifestation twisted and tangible. Caedyn was more than familiar with his padawan's tendencies to project her emotions into the force around her. It was a skill she learned young, the empathic part-zeltron forced to adapt in a culture where her biology did not match. To zeltrons, pheromones were common place and an extension to relationships. Kyra diluted ancestry had forced her to adapt. The girl had been influencing others through an force aura around her since she was young.

It was great for parties. Well... Parties she was enjoying. ... A bit dangerous for moments like this.

Kyra's attention dropped heavily to Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel 's stomach, the connections she drew displaying across her face like a book.

"Wife?" She demanded, looking back up at Coren.

Last edited:
Poor girl. Celeste smiled, but inside she might have been cringing just a little. The wide-eyed stare Kyra's face said it all. And as the healer took in the teen's appearance, the blue of her eyes was very familiar indeed. And the flow of the force between her and Coren (whether either wanted to admit it or not) was enough to convince Celeste of their bond.

“Yes,” she answered when Kyra questioned her, confirming that she was indeed Coren's wife. And the air between them suddenly became charged, tension palpable. When Kyra turned to Coren, Celeste did, too. A brow arched slightly as if to say 'you didn't tell her?'

For a brief moment, Celeste found her shoulders growing tight. Then, she realized just what was happening here. A projection of emotions—it was in the force all around them. She nudged him back in the force, oh dear. Drawing a deep breath, Celeste countered Kyra's tense aura with one of calm.

“Kyra,” she began in an even tone. “I am very sorry to spring all of...” she gestured widely around the area of her stomach. "All of this on you. I'm sure that... Coren would have mentioned all of this sooner, but he probably didn't wish to overwhelm you.” Celeste cut a reproachful glance in her husband's direction.

“I am glad to have this chance to meet you—I know you may not feel the same right now. But perhaps in time, we can get to know each other better.” Celeste offered her words with a kind, genuine smile. She'd never force herself as 'step-mom' upon her girl, but she did truly hope that she could simply be... a friend.

Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser , Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn very much wished to be amused by the position he had playfully put Kyra Perl Kyra Perl in, standing there before Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser and Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel looking rather gob-smacked for words. Initially she tried to defend herself, yet the words of Celeste finally caught up with her and through her emotions, Caedyn could feel her growing immediately defensive.

"I'm sorry-- did you say wife?".

Caedyn's hand touched upon the girl's shoulder and without the need to speak the words aloud, she would hear his cautioning her all the same. Manners. Calm. Respect. These words would be first to come to mind as guided through the Jedi Knight's strength of will and telepathic communication. She was his Padawan and under his roof as of this moment, while the situation developing between she and her Father was still rather fresh and ever-so-personal, Caedyn still expected her to retain some form of integrity in how she portrayed herself as well as how she treated those around her.

"Now that you mention it, Coren did mention having a Wife the first time we caught up in the Enclave nearby the Capital. I was too surprised by his arrival to be so forward as ask further" Caedyn smiled fondly to the married couple, looking to Celeste and chuckling softly; "I finally understand what's brought him to Silver Space...-And settled him down since last we met" Caedyn chuckled softly, looking back to Coren and giving him a cheeky lift of his head in a light half nod of acknowledgement.

"It's a real shame Asaraa couldn't make it tonight to meet you both".

NPC Treasury NPC Treasury | Marcus Ismet-Ku Marcus Ismet-Ku | Jairdain Jairdain

Even though Jairdain wasn't involved with the family reunion going on nearby, she couldn't help but feel what Kyra was feeling. Though she wasn't entirely sure of the situation and she wasn't the kind of woman to just pry for that information. At the moment, it wasn't something she wanted to worry about. She had her own problems and in a way being back on Commenor was one of them. Even if this was a new location for her, this world held so many memories for her.

Sensing the approach of Marcus, she placed a hand on his shoulder when he found her. Chuckling a little when he described the small of Kyra, she gently reminded him of some things he got into when he was younger. He was closer to an adult now than a child and Jairdain tried to treat him like one, even though he was her son. When he asked if it was odd being back on Commenor, she nodded. Through the Force, he would also feel that answer.

"It is but it also isn't. This home is new to me and I'm sure Caedyn is trying to start anew. I will support him with this and lend a hand if I can. You might not remember it, but you lived here for a while before we returned to Kashyyyk. Our home is still here and taken care of. We can revisit it if you want. When we are done here. I'm not in any hurry to leave though. Just when we are done."

This didn't fully answer his questions, but it might help give him an idea.

"Speaking of your grandmother, would you like to find her? I have the feeling, she's as much out of place here as I feel."

Marcus Ismet-Ku Marcus Ismet-Ku Caedyn Arenais NPC Treasury NPC Treasury Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel

He wasn’t really too worried, for Coren, things tend to work out appropriately. Well, at least on the battlefield. This, though, with Celeste and Kyra, and Force be damned if Kaia showed up, was not going to go his way, he didn’t think. But still, the Jedi Master had the lightsaber hilt that Kyra was fiddling with when he gave her a lift out to Terminus to meet up with her Master. Smirking as he and Caedyn seemed to be on the same wavelength when dealing with Kyra, it was a bit funny to bring the girl into a state of stuttering.

Would be interesting to see this one grow up as a person and in the Force.

Wife, yeah he did, didn’t he? In his defense, Coren didn’t want to spring everything on her all at once. Hey I’m your father and I have two other kids from my first wife, oh and I married again, not your mom though, sorry because Joza Perl Joza Perl is great but she isn’t a match to me, but also I have a pregnant wife. Did not feel like the best conversation to have without Celeste to back him up, or when it was just Kyra and him. How much of a cluster would that flight have been? With Celeste’s look though.

“Yeah, I uhh… Hi Kyra, this is Celeste.” And she’s pregnant and my wife.

“Sometimes the Force throws us in different directions, sometimes they’re messy, but right now? I’m settled, and want to help the Silvers, and…” He looked at Kyra. “Try to be a decent father.” Celeste already knew his thoughts towards the twins she was carrying, but this girl was able to listen at the moment, and that mattered.

Could the Sith declare a war on a world yet?

Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel
Caedyn Arenais
Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Kyra of two months ago would have flipped her chit.

Screams would have occurred, ear shattering. Things would have been thrown, like that vase with purple flowers across the room. Her gaze lingered intensely on it, the delicate porcelain vibrating against the counter top as her sense of betrayal flared.

Celeste's calming flow reached her. Caedyn's hand leveled on her shoulder. For all the influence she could impart on others, she was equally vulnerable to being influenced back. The untrained girl fell unknowingly to their influence, her emotions slowly dissipating from the force as Celeste pushed back.

Her shoulders dropped, her anger funneling into harmless tears.

"But you're suppose to be my dad." The accusation was thick with emotion, a vulnerable edge to the wobble that hit her lip. She didn't see it in that moment, but she had been looking forward to... having ... him. Her words expressed the decision she hadn't consciously made.

But this new discovery? A wife? Other... children? A whole other family?

Well it felt like losing him all over again.

She jerked from Caedyn's grip, no longer interested in standing there and making a fool out of herself. As the first tear fell, heat filled her cheeks. The girl shot her father a linger look of betrayal, then turned to run, snot dribbling out of her nose as she went.

Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Caedyn Arenais @why do you all have c names

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom