Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Return to Commenor [House Arenais + Friends]

Celeste offered a slight smile and a bit of a blush when Caedyn Arenais put two and two together. Her marriage to Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser had been a very private affair, and news of their union was not widespread. And she fixed her husband in a tiny sidelong glance—yes, after all these years... she managed to get him to put down roots in Silver Space.

But before she could respond to him properly, things... went south.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl had calmed, visibly and in the force, and the shift in her emotional state astounded Celeste. An empath, she reflected as she observed. Coren's words, that he wished to be a decent father, were earnest—she could attest to that—but the revelation that he was soon-to-be father of new twins was... well, it was rather big news. And Celeste's expression softened when Kyra broke down.

Watching as the Kyra turned to run, Celeste could feel her body move in that direction instinctively. But she paused and let her go. The last thing she probably wanted was to talk to her would-be stepmother.

With a soft sigh, she placed a hand on the swell of her stomach. She looked to the two men—each with their own connection to Kyra—and gave a slight shrug. She'd leave the situation up to them. But perhaps, Kyra just needed time.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn sighed quietly to himself, lifting his hand away from Kyra Perl Kyra Perl 's shoulder and reserving his words for the time being to allow her the comforts of retreating before she said anything she might regret. Turning back to look to Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser and Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel , he smiled sympathetically, understanding perhaps better than most how it felt to be on the receiving end of Kyra's emotional front.

"Give her time, she will come around eventually, I promise" Caedyn wanted to reassure Celeste, feeling like Coren might have already had an inkling given his history with the Perl's. "She's a wonderful girl, that daughter of yours" he added, looking to Kyra's Father now with something akin to pride; "She gave me an awfully hard time at the start of our pairing. 'I don't need a Master and I sure as hell don't need you'...-Or something along those lines, I believe" he laughed quietly under his breath shaking his head slowly.

"The ice will gradually melt though, the more time passes and the more she sees you genuinely care" Caedyn turned side on from the couple and waved them on in further into the Estate, realizing how long they'd spent standing at the entrance; "Come in please, my house is yours" he encouraged.

"I have to admit, I never imagined myself training one of Coren Starchaser's children" He spoke with a grin as he walked them into the main floor, the dining hall, kitchenette and living space all grouped together into one great open area, furnished with comfortable living wares; "The Assembly never told me who her Father was, and Kyra herself has always yearned for that relationship, deep down I've sensed".

Marcus Ismet-Ku Marcus Ismet-Ku
Jairdain Jairdain
NPC Treasury NPC Treasury
Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser
Kyra Perl Kyra Perl
Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel

As far as parents went, yes, Coren wasn’t all that good. His own parents had taken him on smuggling runs, and his father had spent time training Coren while on the run from Sith Inquisitors. For him, the Force had always been there, and so had his father, but in his own unique, and sometimes life threatening way. The kind where Coren could die, but he persevered. That was always the trick, wasn’t it? Being able to stay alive long enough to make the fighting worth it, and the knowledge all the more valuable. He built his first lightsaber with his father’s help at the age of 12. And here he was looking at a daughter that was much older than that, and remembering how he failed both Jared and Kaia.

And he was vowing to fix what he could with this one, and the two that Celeste was carrying. And here was his option to try to mend that bridge, but the young Perlchaser was running off. When she spoke and accused him, he could feel the pain in her voice, and even winced away from her. As she turned to run, he couldn’t help but watch her, looking between Celeste and Caedyn. Feeling Celeste move, Coren instinctively grabbed her arm.

Why was everyone’s name starting with a C, for Feth’s sake.

It didn’t matter, but his daughter did. “We never knew, not for certain. But the trip to Terminus seemed to cement it.” He signed, almost defeatedly. “You know her, Caedyn, is it better to let her get this out of her system?”

Caedyn Arenais
Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel
Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom