Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Return the Major Faction Check-Ins

EmKay

Good evening, folks. After thinking about and talking about Major Factions and activity levels, namely how a faction will have 500+ members and maybe 12 will be active, I asked if Major Faction Check-Ins are still a thing to find out that they aren't.

In my opinion, these were great ways to measure activity, rekindle activity, and generally put a fire under the butts of lazy factions. Not pointing fingers. Laziness happens. I'm very guilty of laziness. That said, I think returning the way to enforce
2. Major Factions must maintain 8 or more unique, individual, active characters to remain active. Each character must be written by a different person.
would be an excellent idea. I look forward to feedback and maybe a "We did this for a reason" from the Team. Thanks for your time.

Fairly sure this was replaced by recall warnings/notices because these can be gamed really easily. Dead-as-a-doornail factions were holding on for months and months on token activity. I'm not sure MF checkins ever led to a faction being removed.

Dezoti

D
I can dig it.

Honestly, it wont do anything to factions unless they're not active enough to pass, in which case they shouldn't be major.

Recalls are better, in my opinion, because they hold factions accountable and not just, "Oh, do you have X active members?" I could be wrong, but recalls don't immediately force a faction to minor. I believe worlds start going neutral first, which is more about ensuring that a faction is only as large as its activity; and that if they can't get people active to keep it from dying it'll go minor eventually.

Of course I could be absolutely wrong on that.

EmKay

Jorus Merrill said:
Dead-as-a-doornail factions were holding on for months and months on token activity.
Maybe request verification threads instead of member check-ins? Faction Threads/Dominions/Invasions made in the past month involving an average member involvement/post count or so. Something to truly measure activity instead of just "sign here".

Back in the day, folks would just bounce from Skype chat to Skype chat, contact to contact, hitting up any living thing with an alt in order to make check in. That was how factions like the Black Suns lasted well past their expiration date. So, I'm vastly opposed to the return of this system.

It's rather obvious which factions are and aren't moving. With the recall system, even the larger factions are subject to meeting the chopping block should their activity plummet (ala Primeval). So, let's leave things as is.

P.S. Luv u bby

Unnecessary.

The Faction recall system is a much better system. The factions which are self-evidently inactive will be sent a notice of recall and have time to get back activity before being voted on for a second time.

The check-in system was inefficient, time-consuming for both members and staff, and ultimately not an indicator of activity, just of how many members say they are aligned to it.

We are not omniscient, but we like to think we have a good handle on which factions are active or not. If you feel there is a major faction you feel needs to be recalled, contact an Admin privately and we will consider it.

[member="Kadri Ughad"] Indeed it is sad, but it is the way of factions.

We go for a while, then we go away.

We had a good run. Our faction lasted on the map for a whole year! That's pretty good compared to other factions. We were no Omega Pyre of course, but we had our limelight and got some good recognition. At least we have our Victory of Wayland, that shaped the history of the Chaos galaxy, to point to when people look back on us. :)

Besides, there is no saying we few who are active can't continue the remainder of our Civil War in the shadow of a minor faction. Personally, I'm hoping the Old Guard raids the Chiloon Rift and successfully destroys the Time Forge. I hope to send everything against Bastion, and make the sky fall, and basically just dismantling us as a cohesive whole... there is nothing like an apocalyptic ruination in my opinion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom