Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Return of the (Republic) Jedi

Alana Sunrider

A
Dremulae

While Dremulae was predominantly a tourist world, there were still a fair few more or less deserted islands in and around the Sea of Transparency. Alana had been using one of them for a while as a sort of base of operations. Not that it was very much yet. Just an island too small and rocky to be well developed. She'd found some tunnels down into the island itself, looking like either magma tubes or some ancient form of worm. No way to tell for sure, but she'd moved in and filed a homesteading claim on the land. A few small prefab shelters covered the tunnel entrances and worked as her living quarters as well as a small workshop with starship parts and semi-repaired droids. Down below was mostly storage for different supplies and some starship fuel.

But, she had been cleaning up lately. Making things a little more tidy and organized for there was something that could actually put the island to good use. The Jedi of this Republic were scattered, disorganized, and had no base to work from outside of Corellia. She definitely appreciated this style of Jedi compared to some of the others. They kind of each had their own sectors and systems to look after, which she considered it valuable. Some older records had spoken of Jedi Watchman, and Ohm-Lai seemed to have speak as if he was one. It was an interesting concept, especially since from what her study said, there had once been a renowned Jedi Watchman on Ambria itself who trained her distant relative.

Now that this was a little more inhabitable, she had invited the other Jedi of the Republic to come visit and sort out what they had in mind. There wasn't a council or grandmaster yet. If anything, this would be the first Council of the Republic Jedi. Perhaps something historic. The thought amused her immensely, but she set it aside as she dropped the last crate into a back corner of her little tunnel complex. They stretched down further and deeper than she had currently explored, but perhaps they would have a chance to expand and make it a livable location. Or at least a shelter of some sort.

They didn't have the resources for a fancy temple. She had only ever briefly visited a few and felt uncomfortable in most of them. Maybe these smaller little enclaves or shelters would function better. Keep them safer and more hidden as they went about their Jedi work. Something too small to attract much attention as a target. More elusive to better help them survive. Even the heavily fortified New Jedi Order temple had been destroyed through treachery and assault. Maybe this would help prevent it from happening the same for them.

Lanik Dawnstar Lanik Dawnstar Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar Vitaara Oduro Kaleleon Kaleleon Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga Khama Fett Khama Fett Junko Ike Junko Ike

Another republic, another jedi order... something to draw her out of Atrisian courts while the jedi walked and they had been working to rebuild and immprove the Agora temple. For the Atrisian Jedi Sect she had been working and investing in the mountain region there. So leaving it that they had been developing newer systems through the Anshin megastructure. "This is interesting." She could hear one of the handmaidens say as she was looking at her kimono robes. The deeper red that clung to her and went off her shoulder, her outer cloak down near her elbows as they rested there and eyes looking around. The solari make up that had been designed for her pulsated with the lightside of the force. Her crystal beads and hair pins dangling around her when she walked forward. Lightsaber on her hip and a smile on her face seeing some of the other jedi who were here.

Dremulae was an interesting place to set up a meeting of Jedi. When he'd been selected from the Green Jedi Council to attend as their representative his padawan had protested saying that it wasn't fair that Morteg got to spend a week on a spa and resort world and that he should come along as "protection". Morteg then gave him several research assignments, extra training, and a solo patrol to fill the time he'd be gone....Because the truth was, the meeting wasn't a week long. Morteg had just taken the time to relax and have some time to himself. He'd gotten a manicure, mud baths, and even had his hair done. He beamed thinking of how soft his hair was now compared to how coarse the locs had been before.

Clad in his robes now though, the diminutive Jedi wandered the halls, peeking around corners and into small rooms. A pair of Jedi security droids flanked him, clanking along loudly through the near empty tunnels. Now and then he spotted a mouse droid or a maintenance droid roll or hover by, sometimes a labor droid lumbering along...Rarely did he spot any living faces as he made his way to where the directions said they were meeting. There he spotted the small gathering of Jedi. He waved his hand and the droids looked at each other, shrugged, and lumbered off to wait outside.

"Good to see you all, it is. Good to meet you as well."

Val Ticon Val Ticon Junko Ike Junko Ike Alana Sunrider Vitaara Oduro Kaleleon Kaleleon Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga Khama Fett Khama Fett

Alana Sunrider

A
Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar Junko Ike Junko Ike

Alana looked up from where she had set the chairs, most well used and maybe a bit shoddy looking. The first two had arrived and she didn't know either of them. Regardless, she stood as they entered. One seemed to prick her memory, even if she couldn't recall the name. Perhaps he had been affiliated with the Green Jedi during her few stops with the sect. "Welcome to you both, glad you could join me. I'm Alana Sunrider and this..."

She gestured to the humble complex around them. "Well, I moved in a while back and made a homestead claim. Never got around to finishing things." She shrugged and took her seat again. "So plenty of space to fix this place up."

She activated a terminal and pulled up a three-dimensional holographic map of a small section of the cave complex. "Only explored the surface of the island and a few of the shallowest tunnel complexes. If we want to keep this place as a base, I'm willing to donate it to the Jedi cause. Can always find another hidey-hole to camp out in from time to time. Depending on what we want to do as Jedi working in the Republic."

A man can change his stars
Dremulae is not really what I thought it would be. Of course I did some research before coming out here. A planet typically left alone from the limelight of the galaxy. Left as one of the remote destinations to visit as a honeymoon, or a vacation. At least that is what it seemed like. I couldn't really judge planets on population, structures, and technology. Seeing as how I came from a backwater planet that had little more than animal drawn carts, and walking with little to no laser based technology. So much has changed in my life. Working with various Jedi Orders. Green Jedi, Silver Jedi, An attempt with Rogue Force users who were siding with the Mandalorians, the Outer Planets Alliance's Judges and Jedi. Now? I have seen the coveted Jedi of the Republic before the Fall of Order 66. So much data and stories I have read. How a once Jedi turned on his brethren and sisters for a vain attempt to gain power or to preserve something. Now? I just hoped it didn't end up the same way.

Looking down at the coordinates in my hand, I had no clue what would be out here. A full blown temple or just a shack barely held together by twine and rope. However, it was more than that. Quite appealing and on Weik, would fetch for a fortune of wealth. Here? it was likely considered a smaller home. Either way, I walked to the entrance and gently rapped my knuckles on the door before slowly pushing it open. Hearing the last little bit of context from a woman. I could not quite tell her age? Dressed for the role of a Jedi was clear. Even speaking of donating this place to the Republic Jedi cause.

"Any place is better than nothing. However, even the greatest of orders have started from such."

I smiled a little too brightly at the woman. Seeing Master Morteg within the room, followed with another individual. Human-like, but I couldn't place the species. Bowing my head to the little green man in a sign of respect. I couldn't say much since I have only seen him barely in passing with the Green Jedi.

"Master Morteg."

Nodding to them both I turned my attention back to the woman who had been speaking.

"Excuse my tardiness. Wanted to make sure this was the right place before walking in."

Alana Sunrider Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar Junko Ike Junko Ike Lanik Dawnstar Lanik Dawnstar Vitaara Oduro Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga Khama Fett Khama Fett

The Jedi religion was such an interesting thing. Jared, a sometime Jensaarai who was now seeing if he could really unlock the power his father thought he had by chasing messages in the Holocron, all around the galaxy. He was raised in a paramilitary unit out in the Unknown and that much stuck with him. He was raised to fight and was a defender of Corellia. Now though, he was seeing that the Confederation had expanded, was calling themselves the Republic, similar to the reformaton of the Outer Rim Coalition into the OPA. Both seemed appropriate, one group on the Rim, the other in the Core.

He knew a thing about scattered Jedi, he saw his father dealing with his own, and well, Jared wanted to help the galaxy. Maybe not a full on Republic Jedi, but between this group and the OPA? He could do a lot of good, and get free access to wide swaths of the galaxy, so long as his Silver Jedi membership held up. Or well, not membership, but permissions?

The man was a Jedi, after all. So he went where Jedi went.

And apparently that was to a world of tourism. He could deal with that. His E-Wing, finally repaired, set down on the landing spot. His Clawcraft was attached to the Wayward Spirit, up in orbit. Stepping in as the Sunrider woman was showing a map, he nodded, waiting his turn to speak. Jedi working within the Republic….

That was a statement he hadn’t quite thought would happen.

Alana Sunrider Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar Junko Ike Junko Ike

A Light Shining in Darkness
It wasn’t the Imperator’s halls of Coruscant, nor was it the Jedi Academy of old - but it was cozy, if not a bit disorganized. He enjoyed that about the more distant places of the Galaxy, how… unestablished they were - and when Wyatt came of age, he thought he might enjoy a planet like Dremulae for his own retirement. To sit, enjoy the quiet of it all - to be far from the spread of civilization and the crushing weight of its energies.​
He exhaled slowly as he rounded a corner in the building, drawing closer to the distant council meeting - or at least where the Force guided him. He wasn’t outright invited to the event, but the Force had given Wyatt a purpose, and the Jedi Master learned long ago that listening to the Force was the best chance he had to help the galaxy.​
With the doors opened; padawans, knights, and Masters alike gathered - with Wyatt the odd man out. Until recently, he didn’t even consider himself a Master despite the skill; and to stand before them and claim such felt… odd.​
Lowering his hood, he glanced to those in the room with the icy blue eyes some knew him for;​
Greetings, everyone. My name is Master Morga. Wyatt Morga.”​

"How interesting." Junko spoke looking at the others who had gathered around them... a different assortment it as sure but she wasn't here to judge.. she was here to see what they could do and there being another Sunrider well that just made it interesting. She would have to tell the Altisians and Morse Sunrider Morse Sunrider about this. The children of the jedi liked to try and keep track of potential family ties. "The locations state is not the problem, we can build it up." She shrugged though and slid her fan out to fan herself while looking over at a few of them. "I am Junko from Atrisia's jedi sect." She bowed her head though seeing some of the others. "I can bring engineers and artisans, we have some of the finests crafters."

When the Confederation became the Republic, it brought to mind the stories of a prior Republic that Dad had told him about from his early piloting days, when Rik was just a kid. By some measures, he was still just that, but by others that mattered, he was no child at all. Years training as a Jedi Padawan, first under Master Sedaire before his disappearance, then under a small number of other instructors as one good fit or another came and went, had taken a little boy with the stars in his eyes and dreams of life in a cockpit, and turned him into so much more - making the challenge of being without dictated direction for many, many months an easier one to bear.

Still, Andrik Perris still had so much to learn, and as he understood it, that growth would never change even after his body ceased to sprout, if he continued to seek it and kept an 'open' mind. An open mind was what he had, when nosing around the exterior of the buildings, checking the place out, with a keen eye... It wouldn't be good if such new buildings had structural weaknesses already, and less good if he didn't have the will and mental fortitude to ignore the mildly tempting thought to exploit a weakness, an itch that was stronger when he was a little one, pillaging the family nanny droid for parts for his next 'invention'.

The memory brought a bemused tinge to his lips, as he rounded a corner to join the growing gathering of other Jedi, and enter the building where they all were. Some were unfamiliar, and the closest of his friends were nowhere to be seen. Maybe they weren't coming? He lifted an arm when eyes turned his way. Maybe it was better this way, if he was going to get to know anyone else more.

"Hey. I'm Rik. Padawan Andrik Perris."

And as sometimes happened, people would occasionally recognise his surname, thanks to his grandfather - the former CEO of Incom Corporation, back in the days of the Galactic Alliance, or his father and mother, longtime fighter pilots. It was tiring to hear, not that he ever showed it. It wasn't Jedi-like to want recognition, even if it was to be recognised for himself and his own merits. Rik pulled on a smile, and lowered his arm.

Jared Starchaser Jared Starchaser Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar Kaleleon Kaleleon Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga Junko Ike Junko Ike Alana Sunrider

Last edited:

Alana Sunrider

A
Rik Perris Rik Perris Jared Starchaser Jared Starchaser Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar Kaleleon Kaleleon Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga Junko Ike Junko Ike

Alana trailed off as others began to enter. First one, then the rest. More than she had expected, honestly. Not that she was complaining. More Jedi never hurt. But it also meant more complications. They might need to explore and expand into the atoll tunnels soon than she had anticipated. And certainly needed more supplies than she had managed to stockpile. But that could come later once they better figured out what it was they intended to do.

"Hello everyone!" She said once it seemed that everyone had arrived. Now perhaps they could get to the business of discerning the best path for their future. "Honored to meet so many of you and have so many of you present. I am Alana Sunrider. And you have a good point. Even the greatest orders of old had to start somewhere."

She adjusted the dials on the display to enlarge the small map of the island tunnels she had charted. "And I appreciate the offer of engineers and artisans. Fortunately, these tunnels are very solid already and we could easily expand into them and make use of what is already here. Keep things discreet."

The woman let the words hang in the air for a moment before continuing. "Which begins the real discussion. How and in what ways do we intend to act in this fledgling Republic? Personally, I am from Ambria have spent only a little time as part of larger, more organized Jedi groups. I'm not even sure we have resources for something like that. What are everyone's thoughts?"

Three masters, a knight, and three padawans. The one who called the meeting was...Extremely young. He'd thought she'd be taller and older, and the Padawans were equally as young and he wondered if she had been knighted in one of the previous wars for convenience sake. The thought brought a tinge of sadness to his eyes as he wondered what hardships and war she had witnessed. Jedi were peacekeepers. Usually. That was what he told his own reckless padawan constantly, but Morteg was a poor example of that. He loved the thrill of combat and flying....But he had seen first hand what that life could do to a Jedi padawan or youngling. A deep darkness hid beneath the surface of his Padawan's force aura. Attuned to him as he was he knew he was the only one who could feel it.

He wondered if she harbored those scars as well.

A pride deep within him also made him wonder if these padawans were even fit to help decide the fate of a new Jedi Order. Each of them were strong in the Force, but that wasn't enough. One needed experience and the only one that had that confidence was the Starchaser boy. He knew the face, had seen him around the Green Jedi temple more than a few times. Of strong blood and sound spirit he would be a leader some day, he could feel it in the Force. Kale, he knew as well. He was like a beacon of light, filled with good intentions and naivete common in powerful padawans. But he also had the look of a backwater child still trying to figure out what foot to put in first in a space suit. Romi was doing her best but-

Wait, where was Romi Jade? Probably off on some adventure. He wondered how the boy learned anything, always apart from his Master.

The girl began to speak again and he pondered her words...

"A problem, resources are not," Morteg started. "A fine outpost, this place is. A good place to train the next generation and hide, it is." He looked at the young Knight and smiled warmly, "But hide we should not. A blinding light, the Silver Jedi cast on the Galaxy and meet it, the Sith Empire does. Behind this blinding light we work, in the Republic and without. Fear, we do not need. Many, maaany allies we have within this youngling Republic. Seek their aid we must, help them and all we need we shall have." He nodded with his eyes closed.

"Still damaged, writhing, the Force is. Change the flow greatly, Akala did. Many possibilities she left behind, and many the has found, and many shall find us. Grow quickly this Order will, as will our responsibility."

Alana Sunrider Rik Perris Rik Perris Junko Ike Junko Ike Wyatt Morga Wyatt Morga Jared Starchaser Jared Starchaser Kaleleon Kaleleon

A Light Shining in Darkness
Wyatt listened, and watched. Morteg had age to him, and was one of the only ones here that could be considered venerable - something Wyatt could respect. Despite all the masters he’d seen, age seemed to be one of the greater deciders for knowledge; though as the thought passed him, he considered just how true that was. Perhaps not the age mattered, but the life lived…​
Quickly, Wyatt cleared his throat and took a step forward - to add his own two cents to the Jedi that knew nothing of who he was, or where he’d been; let alone why he was here now.​
Of allies, I should say I am one. I represent the Jedi Order from Coruscant - and would you require, we could offer much in the way of support; though…”, he paused as he glanced to Morteg.​
The Silver Jedi, while powerful, ran from the Sith once; I would be… Wary of relying on them as protection. Not without support, I imagine, will they truly hold against their Dark Tide.”, he said with a nod to himself.​
The situation was far more complicated than that, of course, but the tide that was the Sith Empire was strong. He could feel it in the Force every night he slept, and their reach expanded deep into the Core up until only recently; while many still did. The First Order did much the same, though they were now broken into warring factions all looking to retain some semblance of control of their once vast empire.​
He pierced his lips, and glanced back to the group.​
Growing in numbers, strengthening the various Orders would be the best route - though I’d be curious how those here would approach such a subject. It is actually why I’m here…”​

She was looking at them and listening.. there was a lot of talk of support... mostly from other orders but little in the way of resources marshaled. The Sunrider descendant had a plan and she could support it. Building the Agora temple was a priority and with the jedi on Atrisia there was more to focus on but she could divide her attention here with them. The declining of resources offered meant things wouldn't have to be divided as she brought one of her holopads out bringing up different archives that had been constructed from different republics or orders when her family was involved. "Lets see, we have several republics that rose and fell to be a guide map for what could have and what might not have worked. We know how to rebuild an order as it is an annual thing these days. I beliee we created a hot key for it with Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha and Corellian Digital."

Water moved quickly around her forearm, the flow of the clear liquid rushed as Sapph continued to manipulate the water. Her hyerspace voyage had been rather tedious with all things considered, having already the holo-tapes of past discussions and furthermore none of them had given her much in a way of Force practice. Watching the star-lines blur in front of her viewport, she continued to manipulate the water with the Force, slowing down the movement of the molecules and lowering the energy to have the water freeze into diamond shape ice sculptures. One, two, three. . . four. . .

The Star-lines soon turned into their normal small orbs of light in the darkness of space and Sapph returned all the water into their frozen state as she directed her ship to continue its automated sub-light travel towards the planet of Dremulae. Her eyes stared intently through the viewport and noted how very busy the orbit of the planet appeared, several cruise ships and luxury star-ships either rising up or heading down like herself to the planet’s surface.

Sapph had always wondered what such a beautiful world such as Dremulae looked for so many people to make the effort and visit. The ocean waters to the islands, but as much as her mind wandered to the countless of far too interesting sights to see for herself, Sapph looked back down to her data-slate and reminded herself of her purpose to this planet.

Exiting from her ship, the Starport seemed to emulate the busy orbit of the planet, countless of tourists and other travelers making their way through the port. Sapph eagerly made her way through the crowds, wishing to avoid as many eyes and people as possible as she did so, her legs proved far useful in escaping the busier parts of the Starport and finally she escaped to see the even busier streets ahead of her.

Perhaps hours later, Sapph breathed heavily as she finally managed to climb her way out of the major city and out towards the more isolated areas before finally standing on an empty beach. Her eyes stared outwards, the island that her information told her would be was out there and with a determined look she stretched out her hands and extended the ice to levitate slightly in front of her as she started to walk over the ocean’s water. Sapph had always wanted to practice walking on her ice with the Force, thus this proved too great of an opportunity to pass. Though as she managed to pick up her speed to more of a slow run, her extreme usage of the Force began to wear away her mind and the tiredness began to encompass more and more of her body.

Sapph struggled through the waves as she finally reached the beach, her breathing ragged but she made it to the island. With taking several deep breaths her more extreme exhaustion slowly dissipated as her mind focused on recovering her stamina. Remember. . . calm your mind and focus on recovery. . . Sapph slowly collected the water running down her arms and legs and slowly used the Force to manipulate the water completely off. Clothes are still damp though. . . Sapph sighed but continued to move forward. Her senses already began to pick up several Force signatures, all unknown to her and quickly she began to move with renewed vigor.

Quickly Sapphire moved through the entrance, thankful for the darker rooms and hallways that allowed her to feel hidden, unseen, alone. There was a discussion to be had, and several strong Force signatures emitted from those talking while Sapph situated herself closer to the back of the room with the intention of being unnoticed. The larger galaxy may spin forever, and Sapph understood her small place within it and wanted spin gently along.

Alana Sunrider

A
Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar Junko Ike Junko Ike Sapphire Cerulean Sapphire Cerulean Jared Starchaser Jared Starchaser Rik Perris Rik Perris Kaleleon Kaleleon Vitaara Oduro

Someone else was approaching, but not by the speeder or ship. Instead, Alana found herself distracted by the fluctuations in the Force. Was someone using the Force to... travel? That was a new one. She brought her focus back as the masters spoke and nodded. She was more than willing to relinquish control of the meeting to them, but Jedi masters had a habit of moving more...slowly than she preferred.

"For growing, I say we ask for volunteers," Alana said. "Let those who wish to learn and serve join us if they would. Welcome those from other Jedi orders into our fold as our friends and family in the Force. Coruscant Jedi, Green Jedi, Silver Jedi, those on the Outer Rim. Bring what we all have together. "

She turned to Wyatt, Morteg, and Junko. "If you have experience with rebuilding, I would be glad to listen to how you have done it and following your suggestions. Once we make this place a little more inhabitable, at least, it should be easy enough."

As the new person entered, she turned and waved briefly. "Welcome to the discussion." She shrugged and looked to the others. "I've spent the last few years wandering the Mid and Outer Rim before coming home to the Core again. What does the Core most need from us?"

Ashani Kyp

A
eN2Zqew.png

Alana Sunrider Sapphire Cerulean Sapphire Cerulean Jared Starchaser Jared Starchaser Rik Perris Rik Perris Kaleleon Kaleleon Vitaara Oduro
It was another day for the Green Jedi moonlighting as a Corsec agent. word had reached her that the Reborn Jedi Order was convening on Dremulae and she had traveled quick to be there. She was late, entering the room with her tan duster flowing in the soft breeze behind her. Gathered were a few faces she recognized and a few she did not.

Without any hesistation she gave them a small bow.

"Ashani Kyp, weapons Master for the Green Jedi. I have to say, I am thinking about converting over. Have you any students yet?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom