Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retro-Revolution

Year: 843 ABY
cd5280f212a630f378550ac9f15d23d6.jpg

The underground of Zorros bustled and buzzed. Weapons clanked as they were moved claimed. All around him, Vulpesen could see his newfound people preparing for war. But unlike anyone else he had ever known, there wasn't a sense of solemness. There was excitement. Foxes were saddled, ale was drunk, and weapons were cleaned with cheery songs. It took him a moment to remember that these were a warrior people. Since his arrival, it had taken a month of planning, scrounging, and sneaking around to get the proper supplies. But finally, here they were. Zipher locked in cages but tamed through the force. Veran foxes prepared to carry their riders to victory. As well as a multitude of other creatures that would come in handy. There was no mistaking that this planet belong to the zorrens. The bandit coalition might have crushed nature under heel, and built over it. But the Zorren people had tamed the remnants, and were now about to prove, what man could build in centuries, the wilds could take in an instant.

Vulpesen's hand rose up to pinch the bridge of his nose as he listened to his commanders speak about plans beside a hologram of the palace schematics. "I hope the distractions enough. And I hope you two know what you're doing. Garthux is a right bastard, and his men ain't much better," spoke a large grey tailed zorren spoke. Drant Claymus, known as the wolf among the people was proof that not all zorrens appeared vulpine in origin. His home had been in the mountains, and like many others he'd lost it all when the bandits took his home form him. So, here he was, leading the troops and looking forward to the day when he could stop smoking cigars in dreary tunnels, and start enjoying them while he blasted away the bastards that had killed his family. "I know you two have some tricks, but that fancy dancy force won't get you far. He's got it two, and his men probably have some big guns ready to knock holes into any glow stick holder who thinks they can keep up with the rate of fire."

[member="Alexandra Feanor"]

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
[member="Vulpesen"]

Alexandra sat silently, watching as those around her got about to finishing their preparations. She was in the meantime messing with her sabers and breathing slowly, still a bit out of place and trying to figure out what it was that she needed to do herself. She had come to the planet with Vulpesen, been there to support him in this but as far as she actually understood things here, it was utterly foreign to her. The people here were few and she barely understood them or could begin to believ in anything she saw considering the difference in how these people lived.

She wished to be back at her temple, or back around her books and her holo-records, away from all this. The thoughts made her shift where she sat and look around before focusing on the man she had come here with and sighing. That man knew what he was doing so she just had to trust in him and trust that this would all end well. She was already cautious about every step she took here but was certain things would improve if she simply relaxed and listened to the others.

Her eyes fell back on the saber in her hand, the phrik casing that had been created by herself and the man that she was helping now.

She had only recently recovered her memory after having it taken by the jedi technique that had been done with the intention of ensuring the dark spirit in her head didn't act up. She was still worried that Hel might take control of her and her eyes closed again as that fear ate at her insides. She had to breath slowly, had to focus, there was a reason her memory had been returned, there was a reason that they were here now and why he had come to her aid in that matter.

She sighed focused again, putting aside those thoughts for now. Her memories were back, all she had to do was make use of them.

"Are you sure you want to do this, kid? I mean, I'm all for guns blazing but really? he's killed us in droves and you wanna go through the front door? Sounds like suicide to me." Drant looked up at Vulpesen with a quizzical look on his face, his eyes darting to the man at his side, the previous ruler of Veradune. Of course Garren Torrevaso wouldn't miss out on this. Though he had lost it all, he was ready to fight beside his son to reclaim what his dynasty had lost.

"I'm no strangers to symbols, Claymus. Believe me, I'd love to slip behind this bastard and slip a dagger into his spine before he knows what hit him. But we have to send a message. The people have to know that Veradune will stand strong. That we'll topple any tyrant that comes our way. Besides, not the first trap I've stumbled into and it hasn't killed me yet." With grin, he rose up and walked away from the briefing table, casting another glance to the preparations around them.

"YET!"

"You alright, love?" Vulpesen placed his hand on Alexandra's shoulder, his tail flicking behind him as he peered over to see the saber in her hand. "Sorry I got you into all this, but I'd like to have a friendly face in all of it. Sure Garren's my dad, but I did just meet the man for the first time." In truth, he couldn't help but feel a bit guilty. Garthux was the main goal in this, the lynchpin that held the coalition together. And Vulpesen had decided to cut the head off the snake. And when asked who he would bring into the fray with him, the natural answer had been Alexandra. He wanted, needed to keep her safe. But he also needed someone he knew could watch his back.

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Vulpesen"]

Alexandra smiled as the hand touched her shoulder and the voice sounded, shoving the voice of Hel down under her thoughts again and trying to focus. The woman had become alot to deal with and it was becoming harder to focus every day but with Vulpesen there next to her she had started to calm down again and grab ahold of her mind. She would need some way to deal with Hel in the future, otherwise the woman would make things far more complicated.

"No need to explain Vulpesen, I will always be here when you call for me, you know that." She smiled at the man and closed her eyes while he stood there beside her. The words were the truth, especially with the state of things at the moment. The man was trying to regain his home, his past, and everything that he was while Alexandra was trying to find some way to deal with her actions of the past and the results that they had caused. Hel would take any chance to seize control and ruin everything, and Alexandra had to find some way to deal with and subdue the woman.

"Im glad to hear that you would prefer me beside you in this Fox Face, I was a bit worried you might go running off and leave me to deal with the trees on your home." Her tone had changed a small bit, a hint of joking left in the air by the soft voice and her own hand came up to place it on top of his. If she could, she would have turned back time long ago and stopped herself from doing what she had to create Hel, but that was in the past, for now she had to focus on what was important.

Grinning a bit, Vulpesen nodded and moved his hand over to his side, idly checking for what must have been the hundredth time that he had everything he needed. Hearing Alexandra's reassurance that she would have his back, did ease his jitters a little. "Who'd have thought that I'd be leading a revolution of a race I didn't even know I was a part of. Here I thought I'd live and die a jedi, yet here I am, commanding an army, whos about to take over a city in about thirty minutes."

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Vulpesen"]

She smiled when she heard him talking about doing something he was not expecting to do, and she was not surprised by that fact. The man was a jedi through and through, atleast, he had been since she had met him. Now she was standing there very different herself and never guessing this would be where she had ended up. Things were good here, and she preferred it that way. She still had duties of course, duties to her order, and she needed to figure out a way to deal with Hel for good. She had no way to deal with Hel and that still scared her, it was a fear she didn't want to share with Vulpesen because the man could help her no more than she could herself.

So she smiled at him and nodded, taking her sabers in her hand again and clipping them to her side. She was still wearing the trousers and shirt she had switched too when they had arrived to the planet. While she preferred the robes she had brought, they would be out of place considering the day and what they had to do. She was ready for it too, she had been ready for a while now and at this point was merely preparing herself for the actual physical part of the job and drawing in the force around her.

"Just remember your roots there fox face, just because you are a prince now doesn't mean you get any special treatment, atleast from me that is. Ill still be there to make certain that you remember that fifty years from now, ready to beat you in a duel like any other day." She knew she was the weaker of the two in a fight, the man had always been far more imposing physically and now she knew why, smiling on the inside at the gap that would always be there between them.

Did it mean she would give up trying to better herself farther than this telekinetic using fox? No he could have the martial strengths of their little team, she had something far more spiritual, if one were to use a word for it. She was a sage, a person that manipulated and bent the force to their will and used it in a far more refined manner than as a tool to improve the body and use in combat. She would always be the more skilled with the force, simply because that was where she held her strengths.

"Shall we move out?" She asked, the icy blue eyes turned on him now.

"According to the man over there," His head tilted towards his father. "these are my roots. But don't worry, I have no intention of changing who I am." As she mentioned beating him in duels, the zorren couldn't help but chuckle. "Of course you will. Yeah, let's move." Walking towards the entrance to the hideout, Vulpesen looked around at all the preparations, being made around him, particularly the dangerous animals that were being loaded onto grav sleds. The day was here. It was finally time to take back when his people had lost for so long.

Alexandra Feanor

Alexandra breathed slowly and stood, her hands crossed behind her back as she stretched and walked with Vulpesen. Her eyes staring ever more closely at the animals she was getting to observe from where she was walking, the soldiers getting ready for this fight of theirs and the father that Vulpesen had mentioned. She stared at the man for a moment and then turned her eyes on Vulpesen with careful eyes looking over the man. His roots...

Her eye twitched as something else ran through her head but simply silenced it for now. She had kept that witch quiet, and she had retained control for so long after they had been reunited. For now things were good and she was working with her friend to figure out some way to merge herself and Hel back into one being, but that was something that she would break to Vulpesen later on, for now they had a job.

Her hands twitched and brought the force to her body, letting it curl around her like a veil and start to feed into her body as she shuddered for a moment before smiling wider. She enjoyed this feeling and it was always the same strong warmth that filled her when she drew on the force. Her hand reached behind her and gripped at the collapsible staff she always carried and her feet started to plant a bit more firmly into the ground, waiting for the command as she moved in step with [member="Vulpesen"] .

Continuing his stride, Vulpesen finally made his way to a large black furred Veran fox. Its pelt had been painted with streaks of blue, and its eyes peered up intelligently at the zorren prince while another revolutionary strapped a saddle to its back. "I always hated speeders." Having been raised on Amar, Vulpesen had always had an affinity for animals, and an aversion to anything technological. To put it simply, he didn't trust his life to something that knew no better than to hurl him off a cliff if he wasn't paying attention.

"Well... let's get this show on the road." Jumping onto the Fox's back, Vulpesen reached down, offering Alex a hand to join him. It was a bit of a ride through the tunnels until they reached the surface, but once they were there, he knew that they would hardly have a moment to breath. The Capital City of Zorros was about to be under siege. And they could only hope that the siege would be fast and successful.

Alexandra Feanor

She watched the creature as Vulpesen mentioned speeders, her hand running over it's head and resting there for a moment before seeing Vulpesen reach out a hand to her in order to help her up onto the creatures back. She took it firmly and used him to get into the creatures back, resting behind him and gripping onto the man. She was itching to get down and start off into a sprint, but was happy to remain where she was for that moment.

"Agreed." She grinned and held on tight, waiting for the fun to start.

She had not been in a battle for a short while, having stepped away from that life for a time. Being away from the sith to be with Vulpesen had left her in a good state of mind for the last few weeks and Hel had been quieter during that time too. It was a break and a chance for the norm to be broken for a short time, something she hoped would continue during this battle.

Seeing that they had some time left, Vulpesen trotted around the base, overlooking everything from gear to plans, ensuring that all was in order. In truth he didn't expect running a revolution to be so technical. However, after quite a few minutes of checking, he nodded in satisfaction. "Well, I guess it's show time." Kicking his ride into a run, he made his way to the entrance where he sat up straight in the saddle. "Everyone! For hundreds of years, you have had everything taken from you! Your homes, your families, and even your lives have been ripped away by the hands of these monsters. They have trampled and hunted you like foxes! But still, you survived! You persevere and as Varos would intend, you dodged their traps again and again. You survived because you are clever! Now it's time to show that we are not just foxes!" His voice started to rise while the force carried it to the back of the room. "We are WOLVES! We are powerful! To fight is to breathe among us! To live is to hurl ourselves at our foe and TEAR THEM DOWN! It's time to show more than cleverness. It's time to show that we are STRONG, to show that this is OUR planet, and they they are NO LONGER WELCOME!" His saber flicked into his hand and ignited and raising it into the air, he accepted their cheers.

Somewhere deep in Zorros, a man upon an ill-gotten throne would be met with a sound that chilled his bones... The land itself was Howling.

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Vulpesen"]

Alexandra watched and laughed a bit on the inside, looking over the scene from behind Vulpesen and sighing. She leaned her head forward and rested her forehead against his back, resting her mind as she centered herself. Her breath slowed as she thought on the matter, thinking over what it was that was going on around her. She was uneasy, something about this day was off and she tried to situate herself into a place where she could focus on the moment and only this moment. She was glad to be here for this though, and her smile returned as the crowd cheered for Vulpesen.

She loved the man, more than enough to be proud that he had found his home again and that they had come to accept him so quickly and definitely. Her hand gripped at the fabric of his clothing and her other hand tightened on the staff that had been collapsed into a much smaller state, waiting to be extended once more and used. She breathed out again and let her head leave his back and look to her side a the crowd again.

It was time for them to get a move on and take down the ones that were holding Vulpesen's home.

The howls would cease and for a moment, Garthux would rest easy on the Zorros Throne. He knew that the Zorrens weren't extinct. Not yet at least, but those pelted nuisances would be soon enough, if he had anything to say about it. Still... there were nights he had nightmares. Assassins and attacks were always a threat. Some nights he woke wit the image of bared fangs burned into his mind. Was that howl just a figment of his imagination? The looks on the faces of his men said no. The way the ground seemed to rumble beneath screamed no.

The doors to the tunnels opened and turning around, Vulpesen kicked his fox into gear. "Hang on, love!" His saber pointed forward and he charged out, the zorren people following close behind him. Bursting out form the darkness of the tunnels, the revolution would be met with the entrance of Zorros, quickly overwhelming the guards that stood over it.

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Vulpesen"]

Alexandra's hand on his clothing tightened and she angled the warstaff back before letting it extend out and reach its full length. The rod rested with it running along her arm and barely past her shoulder blade, held in a ready position as they shot forward and towards the tunnel entrance. Her breath continued to slow as they got closer and closer and then it stopped as she closed her eyes once more, forehead touching Vulpesen's back one last time. She remained like that as the world became light once more, and Vulpesen's Fox slammed into the guards as they were quickly overwhelmed.

It was the first that had been hit that roused Alex, her eyes shooting open and her smile growing wide as she placed her feet on the back of Vulpesen's fox, her forehead leaving his back and a few words leaving her lips. "Ill be back in time for dinner." She placed a quick kiss to the side of his cheek and then she launched herself with the force up and towards the tops of the walls that surrounded Vulpesen's ancestral home. Her staff remained positioned behind her and her other hand reached up to grab onto the ledge of the construct.

"Why Hello There." She spoke, like a predator having caught her prey as she pulled her head right above the lip and looked at two of the mercenaries that had been placed there. They moved their weapons but she merely pulled hard and launched herself over the lip, swinging her staff and letting it catch the two men in their jaws. Her breath finally resumed and she looked towards the control tower with a grin, planting her feet firmly and starting to walk towards it while she let the force tug the two men off the wall and down to the ground below.

Bark,s yells, and howls could be heard form the city and rising from his seat Garthux watched his door slam open as one of his men ran in. "The Zorrens are attacking! And there's some sort of jedi with them! He's hurling lightning!" His face looked distraught enough, and behind him shouts of panic could be heard, as well as the beginning exchanges of blasterfire. "Then grab a gun and start shooting them you idiot! Everyone, wake up, the dogs are coming!" Walking over to the throne, he reached behind it and picked up a large repeater.

With [member="Alexandra Feanor"] going up above, Vulpesen rose up and stood on the fox's back, keeping his balance as he charged through the streets. All around him, bandits were starting to come out of the various buildings in various states of drunkenness. "For Veradune!" With the rallying cry, Vulpesen spread his hands and unleashed arcs of golden lightning. The first wave knocked several bandits back through their doorways, and those that managed to dive out of the way were descended upon by the zorrens which were now spreading out like a flood in the streets. Behind him, Vulpesen heard the cries of various animals, and the darts of a carmuuth flew past his shoulder and into the chest of a bandit which attempted to line up a shot on the revolutionary leader. A part of him itched to leap into the air and start striking with all he had, to carve his way through any man in his way. But that wasn't his mission. His job was to get to Garthux, the leader of the bandits and end his reign.

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Vulpesen"]

Unlike the man who had one mission, and one target, Alexandra could have a bit more fun as she reached out and slammed her staff into the chest of the guard standing outside one of the main terminals for the gates that led into the city itself. She paused for a moment to give the man a small break to realize he was screwed before pulling back the staff and swinging it hard into his head, dropping him to the ground with a bored look on her face before she cast her sight over her shoulder and at the others she had dealt with.

She had forgotten how easy it was to deal with mercenaries, used to fighting the soldiers of empires and galaxy spanning governments, those trained to be killers. She supposed these guys weren't really too different, but the majority of them felt like she was fighting children handling firearms. The thought made her sigh, turning her eyes on the console and waving her left hand, waiting for the door to open. Her eyes cast off to the left for a moment to check on the progress from those that had entered through their tunnel, knowing that that tunnel could be a death's sentence if things went wrong and that she needed the gate to be opened so the majority of Vulpesen's troops could enter.

She was about to turn her eyes back to the door as it opened when her body moved on its own and barely dodged the blade of a vibrosword, its hum cutting through the air above her head as she bent down and launched herself away from the man. What she was faced with was someone that looked a bit too familiar and she cursed herself as she could recognize the snow like hair that sat on the man's head. She always had a problem with Echani, mostly because anything she knew as far as swordsmanship could be thrown out as an advantage over others. Thankfully, she still had the force, something that she could fall back on.

Her hand reached out to grip at the man's leg, tugging on the air to drag the foot down and off the wall. It would not budge though, her influence faltering as she blinked and stared, looking back up to find the man grinning at her and his hand tapping at his belt. Sitting there was a weapon she wore too and she just cursed under her breath. Infront of her was a rogue, just as she was and taking the time to reach out in the force it became very clear what kind of rogue this man was, dark energy seeping out as he placed both hands on the vibrosword he carried. Luckily, he was the only one and her entire body started to tense up, ready for the fight infront of her.

She brought both her hands to the staff and positioned herself with it read to be used, knowing she was going to have some fun finally as she stared down the man infront of her.

"Odd to see one of your ilk here, would have thought you would be in charge unless your boss is like you too?" She didn't receive an answer, only a grin from the man who had been watching the gates. "Real talker ehh, well, shall you lead our little dance?" Her feet lightened on the ground, ready to move as he simply nodded, shooting forward to strike at her once more.

As Alex took control of the gates, the already growing flood of Zorrens became a deluge. Now with nothing in their way, the Zorren population was tearing through the enemy ranks with literal tooth and claw. What's more, even more of the tamed wildlife was joining them, with various deadly beasts charging through. After a moment more of riding and deflecting enemy blaster bolts, Vulpesen launched himself into the air, taking to the air while his fox continued to tear through bandit troops. "Eviction notice, incoming!"

"Come on, get up you lousy bastards! Grab a gun start shootin!" Garthux's voice boomed around the main hall of Tenevi Temple while he slammed rifles and blasters of all types into his men's arms. All the while, his lieutenants were feeding him information of how his defenses were falling. This can't be happening! Walking to his balcony, Garthux looked out over the city to see what was happening. He could see their leader riding below, a dual colored lightsaber ablaze and batting away bolts as if it were second nature. Then... he leaped. In an instant, Garthux was faced with a golden mask and declaration of his eviction and it was all he coudl do to draw his own lightsaber in time, bringing its purple blade to defend his head from the initial assault. "Who the hell are you!?"

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Vulpesen"]

Alexandra spit out blood and looked at her left arm, a gash on it colored red from the man infront of her and her eyes turning over a bit when he had slammed an elbow into her guy. She lost any breath she had held and now was launched back with a blast of force energy, slamming into the building hard, her head striking it as it fell back. She coughed hard and looked up as the blood trailed down from her mouth and she smiled. The man was good and that was a bit of a pain in the ass, better than her when it came to martial arts and closer combat.

Her left arm was hard to move and the right holding her staff was bruised as well, the staff itself was missing half of its length, having been cut through earlier. She had little choice at this point, her hand dropping the staff and instead drew her sabers to her hands. The one in her right activated but she could not move her left up, it was locked in place as her arm failed her. All the while the man chuckled and changed the way he held is blade, holding it in a manner befitting an executioner swinging his blade. She stared at him for a few moments before dropping the left saber and squeezing her hand tight.

At first, nothing happened again, for several long seconds there was nothing, they simply stared as she stood there bleeding and injured. Her hand turned the right saber to angle it for a jab at the man and she squeezed just a bit harder. A sudden pop could be heard and the man's own arm fell limp, leaving him with only one of use. She had broken the joint in his elbow, placed a great deal of pressure on the inside and burst it apart. She was happy at making this man's face burst into pain before it turned to rage and he charged her. Her saber turned in her hand and she met his more wild blade, turning it aside and bringing a leg up as she struck him in the gut.

She was back on the offensive now, the man falling back and using his vibrosword as his only strong defense. She would not lose quite yet, and this was not over.

After a month of working in the shadows, to finally engage his enemy head on was exhilarating. And it showed in Vulpesen's face as he battered at Garthux's defenses. Whirl after whirl of light spiraled in front of him as his saberstaff slammed into the single purple blade. "I am Vulpesen Espadus Torrevaso!" His saber too a sharp turn upwards, batting his opponent's into the air and opening him up for a strong kick to the chest. "Heir to House Torrevaso and the Zorren throne!" Stepping towards the man he'd just knowned through the air, Vulpesen lifted a hand and ushered out a wave of force energy which Garthux lifted two to stave off. "And you're in my house!"

He fast fast. He knew how to fight. And any blow he managed to slip through simply bounced off that damned coat of his. His voice echoed out from his mask as he identified and for the first time in years, Garthux felt fear course through his veins as a kick send him to the ground. This wasn't one of the zorrens he had hunted and purged. This wasn't a dog running from the hunters. This was a warrior. Wherever he'd come from, he had training and experience. And most of all, he had the force. With a single hand, this Torrevaso was scooting him along the floor while he used all the energy he had just to match the attack. "Damn it men! Help me and shoot him!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom