Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Retalik

Status
Not open for further replies.
purple-universe-1024x640.jpg

Retalik, orbited by Draklos(left), Anstair(right), and Grulak(far right)
Name: Retalik
Region: Outer Rim
System: Retalik system
Suns: 1
Orbital Position: 6th planet from the sun.
Moons: 3, Anstair, Grulak, and Draklos.
Coordinates: Don't know exact name of coordinates; just centering the 'A' in Tingel Arm, North East of the map.
Rotational Period: 22 hours
Orbital Period: 296 days
Class: Terrestrial standard
Diameter: 14,832 km

jblQKUQISQsY9N.jpg
Crovhana, from the outside
fantasy%20trees%20lights%20shadows%20waterfalls%20rivers%201148x820%20wallpaper_wallpaperswa.com_14.jpg
Inside Crovhana
Atmosphere: Type 1
Climate: Temperate
Gravity: Standard
Primary Terrain: Mountains, grasslands, swamplands, forests, and oceans.
Native species: Weethrak, theowen, theowei
Immigrated species: None
Primary languages: Basic, theowei
Government: Monarchy guided by a council
Population: Sentient: 1.2 million Non-sentient: 2.6 million
Demonym: Retalikite
Major cities/locations: Crovhana, Lagnok ruins, forest of ancestors
Major imports: None
Major exports: None
Affiliation: None
Culture: Retalikite culture has changed drastically over the years. Currently however, the main culture lies with the theowei. In their society, a new king and queen are elected every ten years by the people and council. To make decisions, the council talks them over, and decides. It is then the king's choice whether or not to pass that decision. Because everything on the planet is connected through the force, there is a heavy focus on preserving life. There are also celebrations and recreational activities that theowei, and even theowen take part in.
Pastimes and celebrations
Though they have no particular economy, there are many ways theowei entertain themselves. For celebrations, there is the yearly celebration of the gods, called Nah'roh, and that of birthdays. Nah'roh is usually celebrated with the theowen, so that all may be together for the event. For recreation, they play a game called Cro'vah, which involves the moving of rocks across a board. The object of the game is to get all of said rocks off of the board, and into the score zones, indicated by grooves on the side of the board. The theowei also take pleasure in visiting their biological ancestors, the theowen. Theowen and theowei religion is not very different, in the sense that they view the weethraks as their superior gods of wisdom and knowledge. Through the years, the only thing that has changed is the method in which they worship. For instance, theowei use more modern traditions like celebrations including gifts both to each other and the weethraks. These gifts can be food, statuettes, an other handcrafted items of value or beauty. It is not uncommon to see small weethrak figures in theowei homes. Unlike the theowen, theowei cannot see very well in the darkness. Because of this, they must often use means of light to see better. They do not use fire, due to the fear of fire shared between both species. Instead, they use a plant common to Retalik, called fer'dör. These are thick, large ferns that glow a fluorescent blue color, and are capable of lighting up entire rooms. They do not give off as much light as fire would, but are still effective. Once picked, fer'dör have a life span of twelve hours before they lose their glow and shrivel up, at which point more will need to be gathered.
Rituals
The most common ritual, for both theowen and theowei, is one where they meditate on their closeness with the planet and each other. In order for this to take place, the entire population of both species gather in a massive plain, where they take part in meditation and prayer. This takes place once every two months, and is the most crucial activity of both species. By gathering in one place to meditate, they prepare themselves for anything oncoming in the future, and practice rituals to wars off evil and fire. Through this immense connection, some theowei sense possible future events through the force. These events may sometimes be real or fabricated by one's mind. Either way, these visions are taken seriously, even with some taking them to the extent of calling them prophecies. Another ritual of theirs, albeit less common, is one of death. Whenever a theowen or theowei dies, their body is taken and buried at the base of a tree in the forest of ancestors. This burial is to preserve the body of the dead, as they believe, and so that the dead may come back as a tree or other form of life. It is very common for theowei to visit the forest of ancestors to console with the dead, and to 'speak' with them.
Politics
The election of king and queen is actually quite simple. Every ten years, a vote is taken among the general population of theowei, in which the results are taken to the council of twelve. The council goes through the votes and talks over the strengths and weaknesses of each candidate. Once a unanimous decision is made, the new king and queen are to be elected in a ceremony, in where the current king and queen pass their crowns and duties to the new ones. Whenever the king wishes to state a new decree, it is talked over among the council, where, once again, they will have to reach a unanimous decision over whether or not the decree is in the best interests of the people. When this is done, it usually takes up to three weeks for a new decree to be completely passed and word spread.
Technology: In comparison to planets like Coruscant, Retalik is in the Bronze Age. While they have crafted weapons and armor in the past, they have no electronics whatsoever and rely on nature and the planet to provide for them.

ancient-forest-city.jpg

Lagnok Ruins
History:
• 152 ABY: First records of Retalik life begin. Weethraks are born.
• 363 ABY: Theowen emerge from the trees as primitive, mindless beings.
• 365 ABY A young theowen discovers a weethrak for the first time, and creates a bond with it.
• 365 ABY More theowen come to the weethrak, where they begin to worship it and others as gods.
• 397 ABY: Through constant time with the weethraks, the theowen begin to develop smarter thought patterns, and begin creating civilization.
• 426 ABY: Due to Retalik's isolation from the rest of the galaxy, the planet remains mostly untouched. In the 400 years of darkness the planet and inhabitants thrive.
• 427 ABY: Theowen have created villages throughout the forestry of Retalik, and live prosperous lives.
• 430 ABY: Theowen-created huts line the forestry, and they have really started to settle into the idea of standard housing. Some are built on the ground, some in the trees.
• 435 ABY: In thanks for the wisdom and knowledge granted by the weethraks, theowen create a annual celebration for the beasts.
• 472 ABY: Theowen show steady changes in their physical appearance. Their skin grows lighter and more leathery, and their features are becoming more detailed.
• 640 ABY: Through time and evolution, some theowen, the majority of them being those who built their dwellings in trees, have adapted to become a more intelligent species, called theowei.
• 680 ABY: Theowei have learned to create and sustain upon themselves a more advanced civilization, and now have created two cities, Crovhana and Lagnok.
• 687 ABY: Theowei come up with a name for the timeless celebration of their gods, Nah'roh.
• 692 ABY: In their advancement, the theowei find more material ways to worship the weethraks. They create tëlgåir, or blades of peace.
• 695 ABY: Questions arise from Lagnok of whether the theowei need to worship their gods anymore; tension finds its way into the population.
• 696 ABY: Civil unrest takes place. Those in Lagnok cut themselves off from the rest of the theowei, and begin staging a plan of an uprising.
• 696 ABY: Lagnok reveals itself once more, led by one called Ghomra, and declares war upon Crovhana.
• 696 ABY: War ensues. tëlgåir clash against one another, and brother slays brother.
• 718 ABY: After twenty-two years of fighting, victory lies in the hands of Crovhana. The city of Lagnok lay in ruin, and those left are taken to be tried and dealt with for their crimes.
• 730 ABY: A council is put in place to prevent further wars from ever happening. The council is made of twelve, six followers of war and six of peace.
• 731 ABY: The tëlgåir is taken from the public. Now, only those on the council carry them.
• 734 ABY: At the insistence of most in the council, a monarchy is created. From this point onward, there will now be a king and queen chosen every ten years.
• 735 ABY: The hëmdael, a sect of warriors and peacekeepers are created. Their role in society is to use their tëlgåir to stop any violence before it happens, but are prepared to use them to solve issues that can't be solved with words.
• 844 ABY: When half of the population vanishes into thin air, Anarchy ensues on the planet as the Theowei and Theowen assume the world is ending. With the help of the hëmdael to keep the peace and the Weethrak to give them answers, the societal structure returns to the planet. The emptiness of loosing so many is still very prevalent.
Notable PCs: None
Intent: To create a planet that will be not only expand upon the existing lore of SWRP, but also act as a starting point for the fighters of theowei.

Image credit:
http://hdwallpaper480.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/purple-universe-1024x640.jpg
https://i.minus.com/jblQKUQISQsY9N.jpg
http://wallpaperswa.com/thumbnails/detail/20120521/fantasy%20trees%20lights%20shadows%20waterfalls%20rivers%201148x820%20wallpaper_wallpaperswa.com_14.jpg
http://thenewscifi.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/ancient-forest-city.jpg

[member="Gherron Vael"]
Ok lets start.
First you need to expand both history and culture significantly. Try to add things about daily life, more details on the planet's economy, religious views, local military, etc.

Second. You say that "Because everything on the planet is connected through the force, there is a heavy focus on preserving life.".
In SW canon everything is already connected to force in some way shape or form, and it make this statement unnecessary. However if you are trying to infer the locals and wildlife have a high degree of force sensitivity, this will require a detailed explanation. You must add this or remove it entirely.

I'll see what I can do about expanding upon the history and beefing it up a bit. As for the part you mentoned about everything being connected through the force, what I'm really trying to say is that everything has a more litteral connection. Yes, they are strong because of it, but I'm trying to infer that everything is as one body. Essentially, the theowei, theowen, weethrak, and every other life form on the planet are plants. If you want me to expand upon that, I'll see what I can do.

Now, for stuff such as the military and economy. They don't essentially have a military. Their only protesters are the appointed peacekeepers I mentioned, and they are far and few between. For the economy, they have none. If you've ever read book two in the Eragon series, look at the elven population. It's something like that.

As a side note, I have subs ready for the species I created ready. They're all to be NPC's, but I still have to post them after this is approved, correct?

I'll make edits on culture and history later today, as I'll be on my phone for the majority of the time. School and all.

[member="Darth Kentarch"]

Gherron Vael

Your culture still needs work. Its essentially an overview, not an actual description. You mention nothing about society, religion, lifestyles. Again the day to day life of the people.

The middle picture that is Crovhana, from the outside does not show up. This will need to be fixed or removed.

Finally the last history item, date 735, is not acceptable and needs to be edited or deleted.

[member="Gherron Vael"]

Alright, before I re-stamp this could you please add what happened during the Gulag plague? How did it affect the world, what happened during the 400 year darkness? Perhaps same with the recent Netherworld event, too. People disappeared and stuff. This would all go into the history.

[member="Gherron Vael"]

Alright, seeing as this has been pulled out merely to reflect changes made by a race I see no reason to press the issue at an inconvenience.

My thoughts are this: I'll approve the submission on the grounds that [member="Uri Aureleos"] PMs the requested edits to me and I can add them into the sub. Is that alright with you?

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

*thumbs up from me*

I have limited knowledge on (OK I know nothing about) the Gulag plague and the 400 year darkness sooooo I'll have to do a bit of research before I'm able to do the edits. I'll get them to you this week however.

[member="Gherron Vael"] [member="Uri Aureleos"]

Alright, just @Mention me when it's done. I'll be tagging Gherron throughout just so he's aware of progress. Otherwise, let's keep this sub between you and I, Uri -- now that we have permission :)

[member="Gherron Vael"] [member="Uri Aureleos"]

Edits were discussed via PM and consent was given. My apologies for the nitpick but now the planet's up to snuff! Enjoy.

Pending secondary.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom