Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restricted Material Planets On Map

I was wondering if it is possible to color differently the names of planets that have restricted materials on them or make them more obvious on the map. My point is that such planets are usually hard to be found (well at least I have a hard time of finding them) on the map and since most are under some faction's influence it would be easier for writers to know what plot are they going to do and TAG they have to put before their thread.

I think a similar confusion happened recently with the Gromas 16 Phrik gathering thread, so such an effort could clear future confusions such as this.

[member="MKE"]

I am not insisting on change of colors, it was the first thing that came to mind. I am really open on ideas that could help. And there is already a list in the Restricted/Banned Material List thread.

So yeah, anything that could pinpoint such planets would be a plus, in my opinion.

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
Something I could get behind is simply making it easier to locate all planets rather than just a select few. I see that there's sectors, clusters, etc., however, they don't cover everywhere. I'd rather just see everywhere get a sector so things would be labeled as such.

i.e: Naboo, Chommel Sector, Mid Rim

Might be more difficult, but should people get into the practice of it, it'd probably be just as fruitful, if not more.

Searching for the planet on the map isn't hard at all.

The restricted materials list already lists the planets where such materials are at.

One simply checks to see if it is a canon planet. Where is it on the map on wookiee? Outer Rim? Coreworlds? What sector? Okay, so it is here.

Narrowing down where planets are on the map isn't difficult. It just takes a minute if that.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
I like this idea although the codex staff would have to give through all the planets with such materials. Maybe would would be better is a more defined list under the map that can be updated

Eg

Planet name - material - nutral
Planet name - material - mandolorians
Planet name - material - the galactic republic
So on

That is far too much work to maintain a list when planets shift based on dominions, recalls, invasions, cloud breaks.

Because even then, you have companies that run mines there too.

Best thing?

How about one posts an ooc RP thread saying - i'm going to skirmish / raid this planet in the ooc.

People notice far more easily that way.

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

Lol, I still can't find Apatros.

The OOC idea is nice. My first proposition of color is just so it could not have to changed every time an influence shifts.

Alexei Makarov said:

Lol, I still can't find Apatros.

The OOC idea is nice. My first proposition of color is just so it could not have to changed every time an influence shifts.
2cd478200fd2faa509f14f3a1a7ceb0c.png

The Savareen sector was a sector located within the Outer Rim Territories. It included the Rodian homeworld of Rodia, located in the Tyrius system.

8999c20dbc9501150a7a7ad0d1d661b3.png

Jsc

Disney's Princess
There is a list of planet's on the Restricted Materials listing yeah. I think we should add a () next to each one with the Hex Grid Cords on it. I mean, it's a one-and-done fix. Boom! Easy as pie.

I also think that since [member="Alexei Makarov"] suggested the idea, he should be the one to create the list and just hand it to a Admin. So they can take 2 minutes to just update the list with the Hex Cords. Boom! Easy easy. :p

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

lel, I'd do it to be honest but the map doesn't have coordinates does it which would be a nice addition. (Unless its there and I don't see it).

I am open to more ideas, so yeah, sure. :p

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Alexei Makarov"] - OMG! Our map does NOT have grid cords!?! Blargggg! Why! I hate this site. Death to the map makers! Lelelellelelelel. Anarchy! Destroy everything!

Ahem.

I mean. ...Oh. Sorry. Nevermind. Carry on. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom