Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restricted Items & Marketplace

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Q: If I bought a restricted item from the marketplace, does my factory submission still require a dev thread to use said item in my submission?

Ex: Jay bought a million pounds Mando Iron on the Marketplace. Now Jay wants to build a million lightsabers with it. Does Jay still need a dev thread when he submits his Mando Iron lightsabers?

From my understanding, as long as the writer who unlocked it has done an appropriate thread to acquire it they can give it to whoever in a Dev Thread, and that's all that is needed.

Though one couldn't hurt your case, but I don't believe you have to accomplish the objective.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
If a sub crosses my desk, and the submitter claims to have bought the material, what I need to see is the development thread that the seller performed to get it.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
As an addendum, since Mandalorians have, on rare occasions, sold beskar, and since Mandalorian faction members are exempt from dev threads for beskar, I would STRONGLY advise anyone buying beskar from a Mando to do some sort of thread fleshing out the purchase or the forging. A dev thread covers a multitude of ills.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
So let me recap:

A: If the seller has completed the appropriate Development Thread in order to 'sell' a restricted item. Then any 'buyer' may include that restricted item in his Factory submissions 'without' completing a development thread themselves.

This is now my understanding. Thanks guys. :D

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
This is something I was wondering about as well, [member="Rasho the Hutt"], what if I wanted to sell an item with restricted material in it, i.e. the Spears of Rae with Phrik tips? They were approved for Minor Production, so would it be alright if I sold them in singular amounts (One per person) and at a high price due to the presence of Phrik?

[member="Jay Scott Clark"] Well, how I read that last part saying that his "submissions" wouldn't need a dev thread, it seems like you think if you unlock a material once you can always use it without a dev thread. That isn't so. You need a dev thread for any submission with restricted material in it, but it doesn't have to be done by you (i.e., you buy it from someone who did).

[member="HK-36"] as for items bought, an item is bought. If there is high quality and limited quantity the price has to be up to justify it being high quality, otherwise it wouldn't make logistical sense to make the product.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Triam Akovin"]
Yep, only spear-heads are phrik, but I'll probably raise it in the near future, I've only gave it basic research so far. Really it depends as to what would be acceptable price for phrik,

I think it should be 1,500 credits per kilogram minimum, the only weapon so far I've seen made entirely from phrik were electrostaves, each costed around 3,000 credits and weighting 2 kilograms. The fact that they were sculpted and had electro-shocking systems attached should make them cost more than just 2 kilograms of phrik on its own. But, I'm assuming here that inflation of phrik's price through time has raised its price enough to make this comparison somewhat accurate.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
HK-36 said:
This is something I was wondering about as well, [member="Rasho the Hutt"], what if I wanted to sell an item with restricted material in it, i.e. the Spears of Rae with Phrik tips? They were approved for Minor Production, so would it be alright if I sold them in singular amounts (One per person) and at a high price due to the presence of Phrik?
Derivative question; If someone buys something made of a smeltable restricted metals, can they melt and reforge it into a new submission (Unique level) without doing a second development thread? If not, does the dev thread have to be the challenge or just the act of crafting the newer item?
Not that it's something I'm planning to do but that's actually a circumstance two of my companies are in with two different restricted-material products.
[member="Rasho the Hutt"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Ashe the Reaper"] - if you buy it and melt it down, a new dev thread might be required but generally isn't -- a lot of it has to do with what you're trying to make. If you buy 1500 of HK's phrik-tipped ski poles and melt them down into class 9 armor, yeah, I'm gonna want to see a thread of some kind showing you've worked for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom