Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Resourse] GALACTIC STANDARD CALENDAR

For those of you wanting to put dates to your rp I give you the Galactic Standard Calendar. To my knowledge (and Wookieepedia) it is accurate except there are 3 holidays that are suppose to give the calendar year 368 days. I couldn't find these holidays so they were left out of the calendar. If some one finds them I will add them. I did mark Republic Day and Empire Day however. the second number in grey is for if you want to look at the Gregorian Calendar vs this one. Looking up birthdays for you characters for example. Today for example would be the 35 day of the sixth month. (Next 5 days are the Festival of Life. >.>) Some where I saw the date was written year:day:month but I've yet to find that again.

Project-365-2015-Day-Numbers-Chart.jpg

Galactic%20Standard%20Calender2.png

[member="Tyl Ro"]

I have to say I like the Tepani one better because all the months have names and all the details BUT it is only used in that sector. It even says the GSC is used for out side the sector.

I didn't however think about stealing harvest day to use as a galactic standard holiday since there were several different planets and sectors that celebrated the harvest.

Tyl Ro

The Anti(Hipster)-Cynic
[member="Lugus Porkins"]

Indeed. It's only purpose to me was the use of names instead of the overly number oriented GSC. (But there's nothing stopping you from incorporating the two, if desired, and replace the numbered months with the named ones since they line up perfectly.)

[member="Tyl Ro"]

I'm not one to mash things together so I'll be keeping the calendar the same as above. That way it doesn't get confusing. (For me at least lol)

[member="Captain Jordan"]

Aha! It says it was reorganized into the GSC then it says it's obsolete after the GSC.... *uses it anyway*

Bunker-level Normal
[member="Lugus Porkins"]

Yeah, I think there's a lot to be said about a simple style of dates, like what we use in real life. Even if we write something as Monday, August 3rd, 2015 or 2015.08.03.17.55.07, you still can understand what the date is (unless you're a filthy Europeaner who writes it all backwards!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom