Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Republic

Ever Dawnracer

E
You never make sense, Jay.

Anyway, the point isn't for me to lay out a specific agenda, though I do think the Republic Remnant sounds good. And there are more bad guy factions than good at this point. Whether the GA is good or not is subjective, and they still remain the only true government on the lightside of things (from the perspective of actively fighting the Imperial and Sith types). I want to give them a major Ally faction, though even if we go forward it'll take a while to build to Major.

Ever Dawnracer

E
Was playing around and made a potential logo for the faction.

republic_remnant_by_seventhsolar-dbybh3s.jpg

Man, deja vu all over again. Alright, where to start? First let me say that even though I'm part of the GA admin team these views are my own. I think some people would be surprised to hear that some of the most pro-Republic people on the board are currently writing for the Alliance. I count myself among that number. Personally I'd love to see it if another Republic faction came back to help out the lightside, in whatever form that takes, its even something we've discussed one or two times internally, the possibility of a rebrand. Here are the problems we've run into so far.

Lack of Interest

I know, I know, people talk about bringing a Republic back every few months, Zark must be crazy. But what many people still don't realize, is that since the fall of the One Sith the GA has basically transformed into not-the-Republic. We share the same core values, the same enemies, and we even provide the same or very similar opportunities for politician RP. Its our faction policy that, as long as no one has established themselves already on a world, a day one character can come in and declare themselves Governor of any planet we own as long as their character makes sense. Would you like to know how many active Governors we have? Its not a lot.

Split Community

Aside from some odd comments about the GA not actually being a lightside faction, I can't really see much a Republic could do to distinguish itself from our theme aside from a more expanded political structure. I feel like we run the risk of running aground on the same sort of squabbling that split off the Galactic Empire from the First Order. They couldn't agree on which uniforms to wear and what exactly to call themselves, so they split the population of Imperial writers on Chaos in half. I don't feel like that has strengthened the Darkside, I feel like its weakened it to be perfectly honest. I'm afraid of the same thing happening with us, and I don't think I'm the only one.

A (Semi) Galactic Republic

In my experience, I've found that some of the people who push so hard for a Republic's resurgence, are the same people who don't like the idea of multiple lightside governments at all. Your desire to provide us with another lightside ally is an admirable one, but I think some of those that you would rally to this cause would not be satisfied until not only the GA but all other lightside factions are dissolved under the banner of the Republic. And then of course the question becomes, who do we choose to be in charge? @.@

I'm sorry my feedback sounds so negative, reading it back, but I thought you should be aware of potential blockers and that maybe you could benefit from the tribulations we've experienced in our own endeavors, perhaps solving some of these problems will allow you to succeed where so far we could not. Please don't mistake any of my concerns as meaning 'you shouldn't try to do this', on the contrary I wish you the best and if you pull it off that would be awesome!

I think a Republic with a much more limited scope from the outset, at least initially, is a good idea. I also love the idea of a Republic Remnant, the GA has considered something similar with our recall notice and all these invasions going on. IC the GA's origins were a melting pot of Protectorate and former Republic forces, so I would think that we would look upon any such entity as natural allies, so long as you don't try the whole space communism thing again. :p

Ever Dawnracer

E
[member="Zark"]
I laughed at the space communism part!

Knowing you as well as I do, and you knowing me as well as you do, I read that as constructive criticism, not negativity. You wanted to make me, and others, aware of potential issues. I appreciate it.

I think going the Remnant angle would distinguish us enough from you to make things interesting. I also think it's a smart move considering that by now the Republic has been non-existent for quite a while. A good way to explain that would be that they did what the Empire in canon did, and went and hid out to rebuild. Not to conquer the galaxy, mind you, but similar concept.

As for the bit about wanting all to assimilate, that's a terrible idea. Wouldn't really ever happen, either. I can see what you're saying about people wanting it to happen, and they can want it all they like. I don't see the Republic government ever thinking about forcing the GA to assimilate. That's a ridiculous idea.

The biggest road block I see is the activity one, but I think every faction ever has struggled with activity at some point. Still, this is why I stipulate that we won't apply for major until sometime down the road when the time is right. It's as good an idea for a minor faction as a major one, and minor factions don't have to worry about recalls. ;)

[member="Ever Dawnracer"]

I like that symbol! And the discussion here. But then, I'm one of the political characters from the GA, so that probably makes sense.

Zark said:
...and we even provide the same or very similar opportunities for politician RP. Its our faction policy that, as long as no one has established themselves already on a world, a day one character can come in and declare themselves Governor of any planet we own as long as their character makes sense.
Wait, we require characters to make sense to be planetary governors? :p

Ever Dawnracer

E
[member="Arcanus Sunstrider"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Odhran Schwarz"] [member="Amilthi Camlenn"] [member="Natalie LaForte"] [member="Zark"] [member="Shoma Ike"]

Possible banners:

republic_1_by_seventhsolar-dbyfe42.jpg

republic_2_by_seventhsolar-dbyfegu.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom