Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Republic

Ever Dawnracer

E
So I know this is likely to stir some negative feelings from some people on here, and that's okay, but I'm wondering if there is any drive whatsoever to start a new Republic faction. I know there are people out there that enjoy political roleplay that a Senate can provide. I also think that a Republic faction that isn't centered on Coruscant is a good idea. Starting a faction as a Republic remnant seems like a good idea.

I'm not posting this with the intent of harming the Alliance. I like the Alliance. But I see a lot of big bads on the map and only one real governmental faction that opposes them on the lightside.

This is just an interest gathering venture at this point. If people are interested I would propose we organize the concept together rather than me just laying it all out there. I think a faction works better with member input, after all.

So if you're interested in the idea at all, let me know.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Not enough political players, I think. I tried having a Senate going in the summer, but that went about as well as all of the UN-type threads...lol Just ends up being arguments, people leaving and a lack of interest.

Doesn't mean that you can't try again, however. Good luck!

Ever Dawnracer

E
For the record, constructive criticism is welcome too. If you have ideas, even if you don't want to join, feel free to share.

The darkness lays ever near the light.
I know a lot of people are intrigued by the idea of political roleplay but simply cannot carry it through properly.

I myself have had ideas pop into my head such as "Oh, how cool would it be if I rolled a political character and managed to manipulate the galaxy from the back burners." or "I really like the idea of raising in a planet government to power." but simply lack the patience that you need for politics.

However, I am still intrigued by the idea and wish you luck. If you need any help - give me a call. :)

[member="Ever Dawnracer"]

Ever Dawnracer

E
[member="Darren Torran"]
I think that's why most people don't do it as a main character, to be honest. It's a slow sort of character by comparison. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

This also isn't to say we are going to be all pacifistic and such either. We will have a military and such, too. There would be plenty of opportunity for everyone. Even smugglers and bounty hunters. Maybe even pirates.

Well I'd love to write a political character but people have this burst of excitement and then just drop it after a few days.

I've always been interested in the idea regardless.

Ever Dawnracer

E
[member="Natalie LaForte"]
Yeah, that happens. That's why I'm hoping to get a few good people to help out with things.

It seems worth pointing out that even after the CSA dissolved their senate, there are still at least two factions that provide an opportunity for political RP: the First Order, and the Mara-Perlemian Trade Council, which is not the Republic, but, in terms of its form of government, a republic.

Kay-Larr

I've done it as a main character. Started her off as a Senator, moved on to be President of the planet and then it's ruler. A minor faction grew from that and then expanded into a major one. In some ways she has manipulated others through all the deals and such that she's made that has kept our territory from being invaded.

So such a thing works. We're just not the type to be at the beck and calls of others for war. So we're not considered Lightside. Just neutral.

It's a lot of work and people have to be stubborn enough to stick with it, even when it's horribly slow. I've managed so far...*knocks on wood*

Ever Dawnracer

E
[member="Amilthi Camlenn"]
I'm aware, but I am intentionally proposing this to stand against the FO, TGE, and TSE so I don't count any of them. And besides, it's good to have numerous factions with politicians to create diplomatic RP. :)

Ever Dawnracer

E
[member="Lady Kay"]
Never said it couldn't be done! And yes, I know you guys stay more neutral. It's another reason I'm aiming lightside. There isn't much there aside from the GA for Major governments.

Kay-Larr

The Lightsided factions have done evil things, and some of the Darker ones have done good things. So the whole idea of one being solely on one side or the other isn't in existence right now. Even though the CSA hasn't taken part in the wars, we're considered to be dark because of it :p

Kinda silly but I sort of see their point.

Sounds like a fun idea.

Like a few people all ready said here, it's a little difficult to rp a politician mostly how to write it. I would love to make a political character but I never really got into government or politics for that matter, it was either to slow or it bored me.

However, I am eventually thinking about making a soldier type character, if this happens I would be glad to join.

Ever Dawnracer

E
It's a fair point. At the same time, doesn't mean a faction HAS to be that way. As I recall, there was a lot of trouble in the GR because of some people's evil-in-the-name-of-good acts. That doesn't have to happen in this faction, though.

Kay-Larr

If it doesn't then you'll be one step closer to the Lightside than others...lol We're just dark due to not wanting to attack others that haven't harmed us. Jumping on the bandwagon isn't always a wise choice, especially when diplomatic routes are available.

In Umbris Potestas Est
You'd be hard-pressed to find someone willing to potentially shift away from the Galactic Alliance, which for the most part fulfilled the need of the 'major Light Side faction.'

[member="Vanessa Vantai"] - Considering their behaviour since the fall of the One Sith, I'd beg to differ about them proclaiming to be a "Lightside" faction. But, that's a discussion for another topic and possibly another time.

[member="Ever Dawnracer"] - As I'm with another faction who embodies what the Republic (Canon) stands for in all but name, I won't be able to support you from an In Character aspect. That being said, I'm curious to see what you've got on the table and can offer some tidbits of advice, if you'd like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom