Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Republic Military Campaign

Greeting ladies and gentlemen of the Republic Military. I speak to you today with a heavy heart and a fire for justice which burns out the stars in the sky. Kashyyyk has been assailed by a band of slavers, taking advantage of the unsuitability there after the dominion. Several hundred Wookiee have been captured and taken off Kashyyyk to were we know not. Forces loyal to the Republic put up an impressive defense against the group but in the end were not able to fight off the attack.

I hereby order the creation of Task Force Orion. This group is tasked with hunting down the slavers, and any other parties responsible for the attack and abduction on Kashyyyk. The force is to be lead by the newly promoted Admiral Vernan Holt. He and the officers and vessels assigned to him will hunt and find these enemies of the Republic and free any and all lifeforms they imprison.

I will be asking for volunteers for this mission as the task force will be under strict secret operational orders. Know by joining this fight you may be put into dangerous situations beyond the scope of your rank and appointment. Operations will be ongoing without leave and you may be on assignment for a very long time. You will not be coming home until this is done. You will not be allowed contact with anyone outside the force. Secrecy is paramount here as it is apparent we have a leak somewhere in the Republics chain of command.

For those brave enough to answer the call of justice, Task Force Orion will be departing in seven days. Good luck and my the force be with you all.

Supreme Commander of the Republic
Willam Forlon.

Here it is ready for people to jump in.
Thread

OOC: I will be running a Republic Military Campaign based around a group of criminals who we will chase around and kick their asses across the southern edge of the Republic. My Navy guy Holt will be in operational command but it will be you guys doing the work. SO this is just an idea at this point. I figure we can discuss it here and kick it off at some date we decide works best. If gives the republic military something to do. Maybe even a senator or two can ride along. who knows what we will face. But the military needs something besides doms and invasions. something fun...

anyway any ideas and comments will be greatly appreciated. I think this will be a blast and work to promote the Republic in a brighter light that what invasions have in the past. We need a good story. Something fun and drama free. Kicking some slaver behind sounds like a plan. Maybe even rouge pirates not affiliated with the republic can hop in. any idea is welcome.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Willam Forlon"]

Right up Kay's alley. I've had her hire out several mercs and the like to free slaves in Hutt space. Each mission was different and Kay did more than just give out orders. She often was in the front lines, sometimes by herself. She'd do well to tag along ;)

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
[member="Elaine Thul"] check out mercs legion sure you may like it.

[member="Willam Forlon"] while strictly not republic I am an outside Allie. Ic'ly [member="Taneas Haring"] keeps this char updated with the ongoings. On that note taneas is a republic pilot and I'll sign up with him.

[member="Sanya Val Swift"]

If you would like to have a ship attached to the task force fell free to. The idea is to give people story arcs for character development as much as to take part in one thread with everyone. People can break off on their own story line if they like with this or stick with the main story we will be following.

[member="Elaine Thul"]

If you would like to do the same, or just have a group of mercs working with us feel free. You could bring your own ship or tranport/freighter and just dock and ride along on the flagship.

[member="Lady Kay"]

cool beans Lets kill the slaver bastards!

[member="Mantic Dorn"]
would any of the jedi currentlly working inside the Republic be interested in assisting?

My goal is to give the military types something fun to do and something which fluffs out their characters without the stress of invasions and Dominions. This story arc could cover many threads if we like or just one. People can shoot off of it and do their own threads.

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
Can count me in. Not sure how I feel about the use of mercenaries - I feel like this would be better suited for NPC Republic troops instead. You know, build unit cohesion that way. It's okay to outsource sometimes, but I think the purpose of this mission would be to better acquaint PC Republic military with each other as well as build a grasp on what we're capable as a military with both PCs and NPCs alone without bringing on hired help.

Kay-Larr

I think that the idea of mercs/special forces units, is so that you can go behind enemy lines and defeat the enemy that way. That's what Kay did and the success rate was pretty good. With troop units, you wouldn't be able to do it so easily. But....that doesn't mean that the two types couldn't work together, each taking different parts of the same mission.

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
What I mean is, if we can't do it on our own in a (figurative) training environment, how can we be confident in the Republic military if half of them are hired guns? We should want people loyal to the Republic, not to coin.

Train as you fight - we're not going to hire mercenaries every time and I think we should shy away from that ideology if it's one we already have. We also shouldn't assume that traditional military units are incapable of special operations.

There's nothing wrong with sneaking behind enemy lines and whatnot, but there is the matter of conventional warfare too we need to take into account. Not all battles are fought nor won by covert operations.

Kay-Larr

Good points :) I'm just speaking from my own experiences. Never had the option of having help from a military unit and teamwork building is never a bad thing :) I could never get people to go for more than one slave rescue operation...But maybe it's because they were all from different circles and walks of life.

[member="Lydia bar Ammon"] Every army needs fodder.

I do not agree with hiring mercs myself, but some here practice it. If I have mercs are my disposal I will used them like bolt magnets but I myself will not hire them. IF a band of mercs tags along so be it I will put them in the point position and let them be the first in so I can figure out what I have to deal with. IF they die, I assume who ever is paying them got their moneys worth and will no longer be beholding to pay them as well they are dead. If someone sends me a band of rapid monkeys I would do the same thing with them. If the republic decides not to use mercs so be it. It is my job to utilize the tools I am given and see that the enemies of the Republic are sent to what ever paradise they believe awaits them. preferably in chard smoking very small pieces.

[member="Ander Wyne"] Welcome aboard.

[member="Willam Forlon"]

I would personally want to join. Just not sure I can comitt due to full plate atm.

I think other jedi might be interested. [member="Rafeesh"] comes to mind among others...

Rafeesh would be glad to help. He does not have much experience in the area of special operations so he might need a bit explaining, but he will help where he can. [member="Willam Forlon"]

Thanks, [member="Mantic Dorn"]

[member="Reen Lorgon"] [member="Rafeesh"] Welcome aboard. I want to start this soon, maybe sunday if it is ok with everyone. If you need to wait thats fine I know some are involved in the invasion and other things. Just jump in when you can. this is pretty open as far as timeline so your characters could start doing whatever you do and just join when they can. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom