Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Republic election for Supreme Chancellor

Senator (...and only senators please ;) ) ! Cast your vote!

• Total voters
Note
This is a Role Play/IC thread.
Only votes cast by writers with senator characters listed in the below OOC spoiler will be taken into account for the outcome of this poll.
However, anyone is free to reflect an IC public oppinion by showing their characters "thoughts" on the matter as he/she is sitting at home or elsewhere following the election.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[media]https://youtu.be/BjDaPOWdx6s[/media]​
475410.jpg

Struggling with a never ending trail of wars and conflict the former super power was a shadow of its former self. Constantly under attack by internal and external enemies the nation stood with its back to the wall. The time dark and the light vaining.

Abandoned, bleeding and hurting - yet still breathing, marching and fighting on all fronts the will to see the Galactic Republic rise from the ashes mustered whatever forces they had left to call upon a new dawn.

With the treason of the former Prime Minister the very foundation of this nation had been cast into a political earthquake few had experienced before.

But from the depth of this chaos, hope spire through the public desire to see a new path to be paved for this proud and legendary power that is known as the Galactic Republic.

The time had come for the first election to place a new leader in charge of the Galactic Republic.

07b7085dd2f8e0de9317c01be5b59ede.jpg

The senate building was bustling with activity as officials rushed forth and back delivering last minute messages and making sure the senators were properly in place and given all and every opportunity to cast their vote on who they sought to be their next leader.
Outside the Security was exceptionally tight allowing no trespassers to enter. The sides of the senate building was decorated with huge screens for the public to follow the election live as the senate was broadcasting their election live for the Galaxy to follow.

With the myriads of people and events inside the senate there were two people in the center of ti all.
The ones nominated for the seat as Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic.
The current interim leader and minister of intelligence [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] held a prominent position in the senate and as she entered her pod as one of the nominees a cheer rose from the senate floor.

faith_zpsevojaxtw.png

It was however soon followed by yet a second cheer as her opponent [member="Jack Sparrow"] entered the second pod. A man that stood for something new and solid as the senator of Kashyyk, the home world of the Wookies.
Jrgt1BA_zps6b9v5ano.png

So far no polls had pointed out a favorite. Now was the time for the senate to cast their votes on who would take the reigns to lead the Republic into a new era of prosperity and regrowth.

OOC
Any writer may be part of the thread sittin gon the TV-sofa or otherwise share their oppinion on the election but only the senators may actually cast their vote.
The vote for the new Supreme Chancellor is made by the Republic system representatives in the senate. One system = one vote.
The senators are encouraged to cast their vote by declaring what system they represent.
Debate and questions are open for the event and it is up to the Nominated if they want to answer or neglect commenting.
The voting will run until Friday and the poll is open.
To ensure there are no mistakes cast both your vote in the above thread poll alternative and make sure it is clear in a post upon whom your characters vote falls on.

To help me count votes please tag me in the post where your character casts his/hers vote. Otherwise you might risk that your count will not be taken into the result. Thank you!

Bellow are the system senators allowed to cast a vote in this poll.

Tholatin - [member="Megàn Alestria"]

Kashyyk - [member="Jack Sparrow"]

Pengalan - [member="Darion Blackstaff"]

Commenor - [member="Lady Kay"]

Alderaan - [member="Faith Balor-Organa"]

Carida - [member="Tonald Drump"]

Brentaal IV - [member="Ordon Trozky"]

Chandrilla - [member="Miria Lasedri"]

Arkania - [member="Khyros Sunblade"]

Caamas - [member="Auru Taff"]

Korda - [member="Salete Kel"]

Eshan - [member="Alexander Sannes"] & (Junior senator [member="Janira Fenni"] )

Hok - [member="Thalia Kaia"]

Cartao - [member="Nick Sept"]

Happy voting! :)

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

OOC: You might want to make it more clear to people that the only votes being counted are those of the senators you named off. None of the current votes matter because none of them are from the right people. Maybe put it up at the very top of the page in huge, brightly colored letters? Also, you are going to end up counting the votes by hand at this rate.

[member="Matthew Mar'Tin"]

I read through the whole opening post so I knew not to vote. I brought it to his attention so people would realize only certain votes counted and people didn't complain when it shows one got the majority of the votes yet the other won. Well assuming that is what happened. Likely the vote will reflect the opinion of the senators even with other people voting by accident.

e95a0bf84d830a168e4681874b56728c.jpg
Senator of the Planet Alderaan and Minister of Intelligence​

Faith takes a stand on the holo projector, below her image the titles she currently holds.

"Morning Everyone,

I hope that today marks a new beginning for everyone.

Below my image are words, and these are just titles positions I've taken on in the course of my career. I speak today not only as a candidate but as a citizen. The Image of the Republic has been damaged and a change is needed, those within the Republic have asked their questions of me, and I have responded.

Before we can take on any enemy we must deal with the internal issues that seem to be plaguing the Republic. Now is the time for that change, consider your options. Senator [member="Jack Sparrow"] is a good man, with good intention and heart I think that who ever the Senators choose they will have chosen wisely. I know that if I am chosen that I want Jack to be part of that Administration in some capacity other than just the Senator of Kashyyyk.

I look forward to the outcome, and truly do wish Jack the best of luck in this."

Jack looked out over the assembled senators and wondered whether he should sit down. It would certainly be more relaxing, and would give him a much more casual air. He moved to sit, then pulled himself upright again. He didn't want to come across as lazy, either. He spun in a slow circle, waving nonchalantly to several beings as he did so. No, he should stand. Then [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] gave her speech. It was short, to the point, and pretty much what Jack was going to say as well.

Pursing his lips, the senator from Kashyyyk pondered for a moment, then spoke: "Fellow Senators, in this time of upheaval and turmoil, I feel it's important, nay, paramount, to give due thought to how we will be proceeding from this day forward. Our reputation is at an ebb. We have enemies facing us on multiple fronts. Some are saying the Republic itself is doomed. In the days to come, do we want to show the galaxy-at-large politics as usual, or a fresh voice from an unexpected source, one who can bring a new energy and a different way of thinking to these proceedings? I think the latter, so I ask that you cast your vote in favor of me.

"Senator Balor-Organa is a steadfast proponent of all good things the Republic embodies, and there will be a place of pride for in my administration should I be fortunate enough to win your trust. But in my heart I feel that I am what's best for this Republic, and I hope a majority agrees. I thank you."

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
It was a tough choice to make. Kay knew [member="Faith Balor-Organa"] more than she knew anyone else in the Republic. And even then, the two of them didn't spend much time together. They met up at certain functions, and also dealt with a certain Sith Lord together. Faith knew her secrets and had chosen to allow her to keep her post. So far.

As for [member="Jack Sparrow"] , Kay liked some of what he had to say. Quite a bit of it actually. But she didn't know him personally and didn't want to risk being blackmailed again into voting in directions that went against her ideals.

But in truth she knew that either candidate would do well with their position. Outsiders and their false assumptions on the state of things should just be ignored as the tabloid fluff and poodoo disturbance that it is. Not everything on the holonet or written on posters and papers were true. Time to focus on what was really important. Without a word, she cast her vote.

[member="Megàn Alestria"] [member="Darion Blackstaff"] [member="Tonald Drump"] [member="Ordon Trozky"] [member="Miria Lasedri"] [member="Khyros Sunblade"] [member="Auru Taff"] [member="Salete Kel"] [member="Alexander Sannes"] & (Junior senator [member="Janira Fenni"] ) [member="Thalia Kaia"] [member="Nick Sept"]

Khyros leaned back in his pod as he contemplated the choices. He didn't really know either of the senators, except from their records. He'd had no dealings with either during his time in the Senate guard. He liked what both had to say, which only made the choice harder. Had Senator Sparrow been a drunkard pirate only, it would be easy to discount him, and were Senator Organa not a decisive senator who had good instincts, he could have discounted her. Sadly, but truly not sad, both were supremely competent at their current postings, and Khyros thought that either would be good at the top job.

Khyros spent some time contemplating a roll of the dice, literally as he kept some with him at all times, but such would be unseemly. No, Khyros had to vote by instinct on this one. He reached forward, and noted his vote. Either way the votes went, Khyros knew that the Republic had a chance to survive, and thrive again.

[member="Megàn Alestria"] [member="Darion Blackstaff"] [member="Tonald Drump"] [member="Ordon Trozky"] [member="Miria Lasedri"] [member="lady kay"] [member="Auru Taff"] [member="Salete Kel"] [member="Alexander Sannes"] & (Junior senator [member="Janira Fenni"] ) [member="Thalia Kaia"] [member="Nick Sept"]

​Senator Taff sat at his podium, staring down between the two humans in contemplation. He wore grey today, to mirror his indecisiveness. Senator Balor-Organa wanted to re-stabilize the Republic, and Senator Sparrow wanted new. The choice was difficult, too difficult for Taff to make alone. He turned to his Chief Advisor, and whispered. "Alic, they are both great people, and Politicians. Who do you suggest I vote for?

The older Caamas, Alic, bowed respectfully. "Choose who you think would do best for the Republic you want to see, Senator."

"You are wise, Alic, but that does not help me at all." Taff tapped his foot on the podium floor.

"I do not make your decisions for you, Senator. I guide you on the right path." With a smile, the advisor put a clawed hand on Auru's shoulder. "Choose wisely, Senator."

With a bit of hesitation, the Caamasi voted for his candidate, and hoped for the best.

[member="Mantic Dorn"] Megàn Alestria Darion Blackstaff Tonald Drump Ordon Trozky Miria Lasedri Khyros Sunblade Auru Taff Salete Kel Alexander Sannes & (Junior senator Janira Fenni ) Thalia Kaia Nick Sept

Janira was still on Eshan at the time of the vote, though she would be returning soon for the trial of Ali Hadrix. That said, she appeared via hologram at the same position as her fellow senator, [member="Alexander Sannes"]. She'd already informed him of how she was going to vote on the issue, and she felt no need to speak up on the matter. Janira preferred that this matter be handled quietly for the moment.

She picked up her pad and initiated her vote. It was the one the Echani Corporate enterprises would support. Hopefully her counterpart would agree.

Ana came in carrying a pot of tea, "Minister?"

Faith looked up at Ana, and sighed, "Any word yet?"

Ana with her gentle smile shook her head no.

"Ana....what do you think of it all?"

Faith trusted Ana it was why she had her with her, but she could really use [member="Dar'yaim Balor"] and his calm, his point of view. She truly didn't wish [member="Jack Sparrow"] any harm, or ill will. They each had their own ideas of what it would take to move forward, to deal with the deceits of the past, and the image the Republic currently held.

The tea smelled hot, Faith looked to the teapot, "you know that would be great right now...want some?"

Ana and Faith would sit together, and discuss affairs at home, the family, nothing about the gorilla in the room that paced with the step of an imperial walker.

Alexander's eyes followed the forms of the two senators for which they were gathered to vote on. It would be a simple action that choose the path of their home and it was that fact that turned this simple choice into one that definitely touched at a far more dangerous situation. On one hand they had a woman who he knew far more about than her opposite, yet at the same time he knew well enough how knowing someone did not mean they would be the best choice for the job. Yet with [member="Janira Fenni"] beside him, there in hologram only. He had but listen for now and see how both of the cannidates handled themselves and who woul vote for who.

From his office, Jack checked the tally board. At the moment, he was behind, but he didn't believe Faith's lead was insurmountable. And there was always the hope that a sentator or three would change their minds before the polls closed.

The crew of the Black Pearl sat around the office, unused to comfortable chairs. Dewkazza, the ship's First Officer, growled something in Jack's direction.

"No idea, mate," replied Jack. "I reckon we'll be told."

"Jack," asked Lagan Cloudburner, the Pearl's Chief Pilot, "Should ye lose...what then? Ya still wanna be Senator?"

Jack smiled. "Ah, Mr. Cloudburner. That is the question, isn't it?"

"'Tis a pirate's life for you, Captain. You know it's going to be business as usual if what's-her-face wins," added Fusty, Jack's Gran engineer.

"Faith."

"Pisssh, I have none," grimaced Fusty. "I know it's true. More talkity-talk, more thumbs up the bum, more pleas for unnerstandin', and then, back to politicians doing nothing but yappin' and it's 'Boo, the Republic.'"

Jack raised a forefinger. "Faith, as in Faith Balor-Organa. My opponent."

"Oh. Yeah. Yeah, well, her too."

Alexander's hands finally moved over the controls as his hand keyed in his vote for faith. With a glance to [member="Janira Fenni"] a question raised in his mind at her own choice of support and he spoke in a low voice so that the two of them would be able to speak without interruption. "Lady Fenni, i must inquire why you chose the senator you did to receive such support. My own reasons are rather simple as right now we need to return to what the values of the Republic are and stop sacrificing them in order to win a war that could still be won in a traditional way. But i have a feeling its more than just Ideals that drew you to this final choice... am i correct?" He smiled at her, showing no hint of approval or disapproval of her choice by rather genuine intrigue into her choice.

While he waited for her response though, his eyes turned back on the two senators for which the senate held the futures of in their hands. His voice rose up as he spoke into the voice amplifier, he needed a question answered by both of them, though he had a feeling he knew what each already would answer. "Senators [member="Jack Sparrow"] and [member="Faith Balor-Organa"]. I hold a question for the both of you that the Senate and the entire populace of the Republic deserves to know and understand. We are at a time in the Republic when the past has brought us further and further from what the Republic stood for. Many used the Republic to incite war, to their own financial gain... and so on." He paused and took a glance around the numerous senators gathered. "The Republic is a Shadow of what it was created to be and the Current new government known as the Galactic Alliance better exemplifies what we used to stand for."

He paused once again before staring directly at the two whom were there to be voted in or not. "Why is it that the two of you want to be the one who will lead us into the right path or further down the path of perversion to the Republic's ideals. Why is it that you want to be the defender and the servant of the Republic. Or would you rather simply stand here and tell us that you would be the tyrant and abuser that the previous Chancellor was..." He specifically used the old title. He hoped those who listened understood what his words meant, and that these two truly chose this course for the right reasons.

"Senator Sannes," said Jack with a polite nod, "I believe I've made my positions clear, but I'm happy to clarify." He took a deep breath. "Yes. I do plan on being the tyrant and abuser the previous Chancellor was, and worse. In fact, I believe we should go even farther back than that, and return to the era of Palpatine, but with more fancy dress balls. Of course we were at war, but at least we knew who the enemy was." He paused for a moment as the delegates grew wide-eyed, or laughed behind their hands. "A moment of light-hearted japery, of course, not a jot of truth in it. To be perfectly honest, I want to be Supreme Chancellor of the Republic because I've grown weary of politics as usual. I think the Senate needs a fresh voice from an unusual direction. I think Jack Sparrow as Supreme Chancellor would shine a light upon us. I think I have made friends in both high and low places, a fact I've never been afraid to admit. I think I am in the unique position to be able to speak to anyone, anywhere, at any time, without fear of some underlying agenda. Mostly, I feel that I am best suited to do something about where the Republic needs to go from here, and I hope you feel the same."

[member="Alexander Sannes"]

"I have spoken with both. Mr. Sparrow has the tenacity and desire needed to turn this ship around. Though, I personally believe that this ship has too many holes in it to be fixed."

She wondered what he was implying. Janira had no interest in this man or anyone else. She was only interested in four things: her family, her business, the safety of her people, and the safety of innocent life in the galaxy. Nothing else was of interest to her, especially not any form of relationship or anything of that manner. If he was trying to imply that, he was sadly mistaken.

"He answered my questions more satisfactorily when I spoke with them. That's all."

[member="Alexander Sannes"]

Faith gave consideration to Senator [member="Alexander Sannes"] question she knew from speaking with him before why he served, and he had every right to ask her why she wanted to serve.

"Senator Sannes the Republic has changed so much from what even I thought it should be, from the first day I walked into the Senate as a Junior Senator learning how it functioned, about the protocols, and the process of watching an idea become a law. Many of the laws I saw I voted against, they were too reminiscent of the old empire. My record of voting is there for anyone to see. Someone said that there was too much debate and not enough action, and that as politicians we are lining our own pockets.

I laugh at that. Politicians are the voice of their people, my people at home trust that I serve their interests. My home world was invaded and taken over by the Sith. For the longest time I had no home world, only a people to represent who were scattered to the four corners of the galaxy. Serving as a Senator or Chancellor isn't about collecting credits least not for me. Its about representing the needs of the people, and protecting the Republic at large.

I want to be Chancellor because like Jack said we need change, and we need a positive presence that represents what the Republic should be. The Galactic Alliance offers many things I know they have fine parties, huge participation, ideals that appeal to us because we want to have that. We can have that, it requires some work, some change. I'm willing to put in that work, to make those changes. I know I can't do it alone, I know I need help doing it. WE need a restructuring of the government to prevent another takeover, we need stronger checks and balances within our levels of government, and we need to define the message we as the Republic want to send.

We need to be accountable, I would need to be accountable. I'm willing to take that responsibility of accountability. I also think the position of Chancellor should have a time limit and another one voted in. I know that if I am elected, 6 months from the date of my election, I will call for another election to appoint a new Chancellor, but that's me."

Faith gave a thoughtful pause, "I want to be Chancellor because I want to serve the Republic, and I think I'm the right person for the job. I understand that I need people like you, and Jack to help me make the changes that will make people ask, why should I join the Galactic Alliance when the Republic has everything I want."

She smiled, "Thank you for asking."

[member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Jack Sparrow"]

Alexander could only smile and laugh at first as he looked at the two senators. Both his elders in age and in service and yet he could only find himself amused by the two of them with but a slight tinge bringing a frown to his lips now as he spoke. "You both answered as i expected, and it seemed one with a bit more flair than the other... but it was not what i had truly hoped for. Senator Sparrow, you are nothing better than the woman we had just ousted. Those who vote for you do vote for a return to an empire. You would be a tyrant, as you said in your own words and you would destroy what those of us who stand here should represent. We are tools and objects that are made and shaped to protect those who put us here. Further your actions show little faith in the kind of person we need to lead us into a era of honesty. We lost the Allies we had because of the actions of a tyrant and your proposal for yet another would simply doom us to the death we are on the course of." He focused his eyes on Sparrow for a few more moments. Not bothering to hold a single word in reserve and he shook his head. "And those that have voted for you... I do hope you understand what this glory seeking will do to further sully the name of the republic."

His eyes now focused on faith and only sadness replaced the disappointment that had once sat on his face in response to Sparrow. His words that left him being no more kind to the woman that stood there. "I had spoken with you on Eshan before now, met you far more closely than your opponent and it was this fact that kept me curious in your answer. And yet, you answered just as i thought you might with very little difference. Confidence in leading one's people into the future should not begin with talks of your eventual... be it a short term, release. It shows you are prepared to leave a very faint mark on the republic, merely there to restructure and hope your efforts work for the future Chancellor after you." He sighed and looked to the side at [member="Janira Fenni"] as if judging her own choice in the next chancellor once more. "You speak of being a servant for the people, yet you have given them the day in which they should expect to lose you Lady Organa. That simply shows your resolve is but half hearted and your drive to be limited. If you are to be a Chancellor like you wish, do not look towards the end, but rather craft a legacy that is long and lasting. Bring us back to the old days of the Grand Republic and do away with these petty thoughts of self worth. Your idea has merit, a term limit would indeed have Validity. BUT. You are not the one who should think of such, your opponents should be those seeking to remove you from your place." With that he cast his vote and turned, leaving the hall and letting the rest of the votes trickle in now that his words were done.

Jack blinked hard, wondering if [member="Alexander Sannes"] had fallen asleep during his speech, or perhaps been distracted by a bee. "Mr. Sannes, clearly you stopped listening right before I said I was joking about Palpatine," called Jack to the senator's back. "Perhaps you could ask a nearby reporter for a replay. I'm certain someone would be glad to walk you through the entire body of my reply. If I'm to lose this election, I'd prefer it was over an actual belief, not a miscommunicated one."

This was the one-time pirate's problem with politics in general. People talked to hear themselves speak, skimmed the written word for key phrases, and seemed to have trouble paying any attention at all when someone said anything more than one sentence long. It made him want a tall glass of something that would induce unconsciousness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom