Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Republic Commandos

So, I have always loved those books, Republic Commando, and I see no one running around as Republic Commandos. And I understand we are in a different universe, and its XXX years after....but dont tell me you wouldn't be interested in doing a squad of NFUs with only each other to rely on?

Any four other writers wanna tackle this on with me? Lets bring back the Republic Commandos!!

[member="Rayne Silvara"]

It has actually been attempted a few times. We have had several versions of Havoc. Every time GR tries to reboot the Army a new Special Ops, Special Forces squad or two gets created.

For the most part Imperial Commandos has been more popular but not much more successful long term. I have one of each type sitting on the shelf unused after a few failed endeavors.

[member="Rayne Silvara"]

If you want to create a Republic Commando then create a Republic Commando. I am not telling you to abandon the idea, just pointing out it can and has been done.

Then again with a group that has been around as long as this one there is not much you can come up with that has not been tried at least once.

[member="ARC-15"]
[member="Willa Isard"]

If this is something that has been over and over...I think throwing in a Agent of SHIELD feel to it wouldnt hurt then, it would bring something new to the concept of Republic Commandos.
I say in the notion that not many people actually knew the RCs existed much like the ARCs, which is the same as SHIELD.

Agents of the Republic XD

[member="Rayne Silvara"]

[member="Stardust Raxis"] currently runs Delta Squad. I don't remember what we have, but you're welcome to come to the Republic.

Heck, start up Havoc or another squad. We could do a sort of rivalry between them.

[member="Willa Isard"]
[member="Etlan"]
[member="ARC-15"]

So this will be the character I use for this, and I have made a little faction for those interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom