Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Remembrance

THE DAUGHTER OF DUTY
CORUSCANT | SENATE DISTRICT | BUFFET TABLES
Mercy Mercy | CLOSED

white.png

MOSHED-2022-12-4-15-54-40.gif

Ishida’s glare never wavered and the sharp point of her brows never loosened.

"You are playing a dangerous game."
"When someone denies me... I am only more encouraged to cause a mess."

The only twitch of emotion that managed at the corner of her lips was a flash of a grin — her gamble had succeeded. She’d been playing a dangerous game from the first crab sandwich, dabbling in restraint. It seemed to be paying off. The lines of the secondary problematic nucleus quivered and trembled, but they did not grow. They did not become more violent.

"-I can get creative."

Sharp and gleaming, bright and white, there was something unruly and barbaric about that conniving smile.

On cue, Ishida braced. Her muscles tensed and she prepared for an attack. Her wrist was the first to feel it, the sheer strength behind the yank was enough to pull her rigid self in. She expected to feel the bones on her forearm crushed, or her fingers to break, and with her free arm, she began her reach over her back to get —

Sheer alarm flashed half a heartbeat before the insane happened. Not even enough time for a surprised noise to hop out, but with wide eyes, Ishida felt her shock against the atrociously non consensual action to her FACE — to her MOUTH! Aside from the physical assault, the woman’s intensity was rife with the taste of seafood. All the emotion seemed to amplify the horrible experience.

Ishida’s fist in Mercy’s grip tightened, yanking and shaking her protest. Her face went red with shame, and redder with anger. Her stomach and throat knotted, violently responding to the blight on a precious intimacy not meant to be shared with the red-headed neanderthal. She’d always been so protective and intentional of her space and self, that this was an insult she’d never even considered. It boiled her blood to such a degree that she felt the fire surge on her tongue and she gnashed back.

Then, as soon as it had happened, it was over.

Extreme imbalance on multiple planes made Ishida uneasy, and she was shoved backward. Stumbling and furious, the little Knight was purely undone in a sputtering mess of brightened nerves and a tenuously contained temper.

Instantly, she spat out all that heat the affront had culminated. Indignant rage hardened behind her ribs, and harshened against the teeth she flashed. Her mouth curled back into a sharp snarl, and her aching wrist smeared against her lips to destroy any lingering effects of the slight.

“How dare you.” Ishida snarled after the broad back of the assailant, clenching her fingers angrily against the tablecloth and curling it into her knuckles. A few plates shifted. Ishida considered hurling the platter at the head of her pride's assassin.

If only she hadn’t finished her tea! She needed something, anything, i m m e d i a t e l y, to wash out the disgrace on her lips.

Escalation had been brewing among the crowds, and whatever level of calm Ishida had managed to achieve was completely awash now. All she wanted was revenge for the insult to her dignity. She was positively beside herself.

She would have much rather been stabbed!

Her fists shook with rage that burned from her fingertips, through to her shoulders and down her spine. Warmth from the anger and embarrassment coloured her countenance, and all she could see was the hateful silhouette of the mountain walking away. She watched to make sure she didn’t turn around.

Deep breaths.

Deep breaths. Trembling through her breathing exercises, Ishida slowly, slowly, slowly, felt her wrath quell.

If she gave in now, the entire delicate dance would have been for nought. Hatred's beckon, and pride's allure would overcome the day and the crowds would be the victims of chaos on a day meant to remember and honour.

What a horrible dilemma.

if they're watching anyways

"I'll see you in the next one."

Auteme exhaled sharply, collapsing her lungs and pushing her diaphragm as high as she could. In response to the hand on her face, her own hands shot up to touch Zaavik's. Before the lightsaber had even ignited, she seemed to be twisting in pain.

His thumb flicked.

The blade slammed against her back, held back for a split second before the threads she'd woven collapsed under the heat. She continued to twist. Pain shot through her; her first thought was good. She could feel it fully -- her movement had shifted the blade off her spine, and instead the sputtering blade shot through her front, through her right kidney and liver.

Auteme let out a rather undignified grunt. It took all of her willpower not to drop her arms -- losing a hand would likely seal her fate. She forced herself to fall left, the saber once more contending against her protective weave, making the cut much shallower as Zaavik freed the blade from her body. She hit the ground and rolled once, then laid still.

The adrenaline hit. Even playing dead, she found she couldn't close her eyes or suppress her senses; she heard the blasters and bodies. Had she not been so preoccupied with her own emotions she might've been able to signal properly to her guards. How many would die because of this? Being stabbed was one thing, but the pain of failure to protect others was something else entirely.

No, perhaps that was uncharitable. The pain of a lightsaber wound was a special sort of agony. She curled up a little, moving her hands onto the wound. Though she'd managed to keep her lungs from being damaged, the pain made it difficult to breathe; she couldn't manage much.

Then, three taps on her arm. The pain made it difficult to make out, but she realized someone was trying to inject her with something- medicine. Suddenly she realized it may have been foolish to wrap herself in clothes resistant to most small arms.

Things suddenly became brighter, and the one who came to her aid introduced himself.

"Mm. Thank you, Jasper. I'm okay," she managed. "Leave me. Go fight. You can probably beat him. I can't right now. I'll be fine. Just- don't kill him."

For all that pain, losing a friend was far beyond even the worst wounds she'd suffered. She started to regulate her breathing, all the while tears pooled on the ground by her face.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"You don't let your past or others define you. You shouldn't let them define you here either." They weren't going to talk about the others, then? Or- Oh right. Iris nodded slowly, offered a smile. It wasn't her business to be prying into, but here she was doing it anyway. Old habits die long. .. No that wasn't how the saying went, was it? Her face scrunched up in thought before she shook her head.

"No, we can go get some caf, if that's what you'd like. I want to hear more about how the lower levels were. How they are now. If that's alright, anyway."

Hex Hex

gSJGAqL.png
CORUSCANT, SENATE PLAZA
OPEN | HOSTILE
Directly Engaging: Alex StormWolf Alex StormWolf | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Auteme Auteme

"I don't know who you are," Alex growled. "But this ends now!"

Zaavik gave a curious tilt of his head, a near-derisive undertone to his expression. "You don't?" he asked amusedly.

Hardly a hit to the ego, but it was rare that someone didn't recognize him outside of his frequent attempts to go unnoticed. Being a once core-renown rock musician clearly didn't bring him into this particular Jedi's sphere of knowledge, but at the very least he'd expected that being a former Jedi Councillor, let alone a most-wanted terrorist would've given his name and likeness some kind of repute. Thus, he found it grimly comical that here of all places, today of all days, his loaded reputation failed to precede him.

"Maybe I really am getting old," he appended with a grin.

A second blade erupted from the opposite end of the hilt within his sinistral grasp. Twin crimson streaks danced in sequence at the behest of a single-handed flourish. Unstable blades rippled and swelled, expelling transient sparks that burnt just as soon as they were conjured.

"Oh well," he dismissed as he approached, swatting a few stray blaster bolts back to their sources. "I'm your killer, nice to meet you."

Surging forward, Zaavik engaged the oblivious Jedi with a volley of Juyo strokes from either end of his dualsaber. Auburn light strobed as crimson met orange in rapid succession. Deftly, Zaavik's boots lifted from the ground as he ascended into an overhead flip, landing on the opposite side of Alex StormWolf Alex StormWolf . A wide buzzsaw flourish forced space between them, covering a single step that brought Zaavik into a better position for sight over the Chancellor and her would-be savior. A decrepit hand slid clandestinely behind his back, freeing the blaster pistol holstered above his award-winning posterior.

Slipping two fingers onto the trigger, they pulled in subsequence, loosing a volley of blaster fire towards Auteme Auteme and Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el all within the time bought by his wild flourish. Pivoting, he shoved his thumb into the receiver, using his signature Mechu-Deru to nudge the tibanna cartilage into overload. Pulling the dualsaber back, he hurled the weapon overhand toward the dual-wielding Jedi with only a miniscule moment to spare before it detonated.

Alex couldn't help but smirk a bit as Zaavik tossed his blaster at him. He'd seen this trick before. What Zaavik didn't know was that Alex had been born and raised on Yanibar, heavily steeped in the arts of the Zeison-Sha, to whom telekinetic abilities were practically as natural as blinking. The blaster stopped in mid-air, as Alex slightly extended his right hand, fingers still curled around his saber hilt, then suddenly rocketed skyward out of harm's way before it detonated with an explosive bang.

"Not today, Darksider." Alex stated matter of factly. "I believe I just heard the Chancellor specifically request that you not be killed, but if you persist in your aggressions, you'll leave me no other choice."

Zaavik Perl Zaavik Perl
Auteme Auteme
Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

"You have my word," Jasper told the chancellor, retaining his smile, though with a bit more confidence now.

Her situation wasn't mortal, at least. It wasn't long before rogue blaster bolts flew their direction. Jasper was quick to draw his blade, deflecting the bolts into the ground, purposely avoiding any bystander injuries. From there, he strode towards Zaavik, his Force Light growing in strength, pushing it more than he had before.

"Alright," he muttered to himself, "Here we go."

As the other knight leapt into the air to avoid an explosive, Jasper jumped through the smoke and dissipating flames. With his left hand, his lightsaber was ready to intercept any incoming lightsaber. His mechanical hand was free, swinging full force at the darksider's face.

He was going to knock this mother fether out cold if it was the last thing he did.

gSJGAqL.png
CORUSCANT, SENATE PLAZA
OPEN | HOSTILE
Directly Engaging: Alex StormWolf Alex StormWolf | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el
Other Tags: Auteme Auteme | Osarla Ridor Osarla Ridor

"I believe I just heard the Chancellor specifically request that you not be killed, but if you persist in your aggressions, you'll leave me no other choice."

"Oooooh," Zaavik mocked contemptuously. "If I had a dead Jedi for every time I've been given that ultimatum..." There was no punchline, though he snickered a confirming implication behind a grin.

"If you think you've got the-"

A pang of danger strangled his words before they could finish further retort. Regard snapped to his side, just in time to catch sight of the Jedi that careened toward him. Zaavik braced, absorbing much of the force with motion and retaliatory impact, yet the incoming fist found purchase onto his face all the same. Pain fueled the dark side before synapses could finish firing, dulling the sensation well beneath its due. Metal and emaciated fingers snapped at inhuman speed around the following Jasper's arm, yanking within the last vestigial momentum of the strike to at the very least force space between him and the second Jedi with a toss.

Afterward, one step stumbled to regained his balance, blood cascading from a point of traumatic numbness in his lip.

"Alright, no more fuckin' games," he spat venomously.

A vigorous inhale preceded an ear-rending exclamation; "Reveal yourselves, make them all food for your malice!"

Blaster fire screeched from the panicked crowd. Sinister agents disguised as guests and bystanders exploded into havoc like hungry beasts suddenly unchained. Dozens of them if not more, letting loose on a helpless mass of innocents. Several more appeared from clandestine spaces, equipped with masks and heavier armaments. All at once, the situation became infinitely worse than anyone could have expected. Anyone except Zaavik and his villainous agents.

A few steps brought him into a more favorable position opposite the two Jedi that had engaged him. "Didn't expect that?" he inquired condescendingly. Crimson flourished frivolously, cutting small rifts into the pavement. "What's it gonna be; fight me, or save innocent lives?" he taunted questioningly. "It's all the same to me, but you can't manage both."

There was an obvious choice he was counting on, but the outcome would remain the same.

Alex didn't waver, keeping Zaavik in his sight as the Dark Jedi continued to deliver his taunts. Suddenly, he heard Seku's voice in his ear. Hell, he'd forgotten that he was still wearing one of the SIA covert com devices Seku had slipped him during one of their last missions together. Alex had thought he was just going deaf in one ear.

"Alex, you and Jasper need to disengage and wait for backup! You have no idea who you're up against here!"

"Enlighten me Harani, and be quick about it," Alex whispered. "I've been out of the loop for a few years, remember."

"Name's Zaavik Perl. He was responsible for the sacking of Coruscant. He's a former Jedi, fugitive from justice, murderer...etc, etc..."

"Oh, charming fellow, for sure. Let's invite him over for dinner sometime!"

"Dammit Alex, get serious!"

"I'm all ears, Love. What do you suggest?"

"Numerically, we're at a disadvantage. We can't save everyone and engage him at the same time."

"Brilliant observation, but I sort of had that figured out a few minutes ago."

"Alex! STAND. DOWN."

Alex looked at Jasper and motioned for him to back off a few feet from Zaavik.

"That was one hell of a punch, kid. But we're at a major disadvantage here, let's not make the situation any worse than it already is."

Zaavik Perl Zaavik Perl
Auteme Auteme
Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom