Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remembrance For The Brave

She said nothing when he swept her back in to an embrace and held her while he spoke. Guilt flashed through her, and she closed her eyes tightly and leaned her head to his chest. She shouldn't be here. She shouldn't have come. What good was she doing? None. That's what. None at all. Her heart constricted just a touch as he spoke of her Grandpa, of her right to mourn. She bit back her sorrow, though, and inhaled instead. A calm breath. Keeping herself in check.

When he released her she remained rooted in place, still settling her forehead against his shirt.

Finally she stepped back, and lifted her head. A firm resolve in her eye, an unwillingness to let him see her weak. She turned her gaze around the room instead, latching onto the bow which was carefully settled to one side. "I wish I could watch you hunt" she remarked, not realizing how odd a statement that was, her tone extremely quiet and more introspective than anything. A simple conversation change. She did not want to get too hung up on what had happened. Wasn't good for the heart.

[member="Gideon Crowseye"]

Gideon Crowseye

G
His eyes were full of compassion as she turned from him, and he had no doubt she was simply trying to take a moment to hide the pain. He didn't know what she'd been through, or what had happened and he would be a fool to think he could. He didn't however feel the fool for trying to step in, and he doubted this would be the last time he tried. For the moment however he switched track as he nodded stepping up next to her, slipping his hand around hers he didn't say anything for a moment. He was afraid she was going to take it out, but it had been so nice and warm before in his.

"We'll set out tomorrow, to the west would be best I think, we'll take the larger sled and it's paths are better for that. I'll need to clean my kills in the morning so I can't leave till late afternoon, but we can set out then."

[member="Mysa Snowstrider"]

She felt his presence brush against hers long before his body slid beside her, and closed her eyes to the touch of his hand in hers. Drew from it a comfort unlike any she had felt before. Her fingers flexed against his ever so slightly, tightening before simply relaxing. He said nothing, allowing her another moment of respite that she was grateful for.

When he did speak, though, she was... Surprised. Shocked to say the least. He was offering to take her out on a hunt? She was only thinking aloud, she hadn't expected anything to come from it... Her heart skipped a beat. She looked up, trying to gauge from his expression if he was lying. It was too difficult to tell.

Gideon Crowseye

G
Now that his mind was on task he considered his supplies as he walked over to the wall not letting go of her hand, but doing a mental inventory of his gear. "We'll have plenty of supplies from the last hunt, I'll bring a few extra furs and water, but that's easy enough. If you need any gear you can come back tomorrow then we'll leave otherwise I've enough for both of us, and after I finish my skins we can go. We might even start first thing actually if I talk to father, he may just have one of the others cover that for me. I don't usually tan them anyway just clean so it isn't much to do in addition."

Turning back to her he smiled and laughed, "Prefer big game or small?"

She felt extremely caught up in the moment.

Her eyes widened as they made their way in unison across the room while he surveyed his collection of thingymabobs. Mysa had hunted before, of course, what kind of would-be Valkyri would she be if she hadn't? But the way he spoke, so certain of everything, made her feel vastly inferior. So she kept quiet as he spoke, nodding along. Supplies, right... Well, Mysa could gather some. No lightsaber, no broadsword, but a bow... A bow she could manage.

When he fell silent she realized she'd asked her a question.

She also realized that once again she was struggling to recall what that question was.

Her brain wracked itself for an answer, before she muttered "Small..." Then she shook her head. "Anything that isn't a Vhaanir." Not that such things weren't obvious enough already. Vhaanir were sacred. Nobody hunted them. Except that damn poacher... But she'd saved the Vhaanir that time, albeit after a Galaxy-wide chase...

Gideon Crowseye

G
Raising an eyebrow he laughed at what he assumed was a joke about the Vhaanir before one of his brothers came in with a large bowl of food. "Eat you before you fade away." Leaving it wasn't hard to miss the twinkle in his eye as he left, but Gideon paid it little mind as he sat down to eat offering her a spot next to him on the bed as he chewed and thought. Taking a deep drink off a skin at his hip while he ate he suddenly realized how rude he was being. "I'm sorry, did you want some? I know they would have asked before and fed you, but I still shouldn't have just started in without at least saying anything."

Putting down the bowl for a moment he paid little mind when Felix attempted to steal it other then to take it back when he returned a small bowl for her, and a cup of mead. "Forgive me, I'm sorry for being rude, I just got excited at the idea of getting to spend more time with you."

When the door opened Mysa practically jumped from her skin, having forgotten that they were not alone in the house. Her heart hammered against her chest for a good few seconds, even after the brother had left, until she sucked in some air and calmed herself. Her free hand had lifted to her heart, but now it slid back to her side as she joined him on the edge of the bed.

She was just about to tell him that she was fine when he was up and out of the room, leaving her blinking in his direction. Not even noticing as Felix stole a slither of meat. When he returned she realized that she could hardly say no, and so she gratefully took the bowl.

"It's fine, honest, I'm enjoying your company. Please, don't change who you are, I like it... You... Uh..."

Taking a bite of her supper to stop herself from further talking, she offered a very slight smile and looked coyly down into her lap.

Gideon Crowseye

G
Her words froze all motion from his body for a moment as he sat back down next to her. Moving his hand to her chin he lifted it up and smiled at her, "I like you too, not so much your friend though if he keeps trying to steal my dinner." Sliding his eyes back down he caught Felix in mid motion as he stole another chunk from hims bowl. Shaking his head at the cat he watched it slide away in a rather cat like manner, a strut almost if you would.

Turning his attention back to Mysa he realized he never let go of her face as he just sat there for a moment and stared at her. "You know, you're even more beautiful then I remembered you being. I'm glad mother gave you the cloak, its the only thing I've ever hunted lovely enough to be yours."

She felt his fingers brush against her chin as he tipped her head up and had her look him in the eye. Gulping, she tried to squash the rising knot which had took hold of her stomach. Not even able to laugh despite the humour to be had in the fact that Felix was being a sneakthief. Even when he looked away his hand remained in place, and she remained utterly captivated as though held under some spell.

"I..." She stammered for a moment when his attention returned her way, knowing that if his hand were to move in that moment there was little stopping her from tearing her gaze away in bashfulness. Alas she couldn't move. "It's beautiful" she whispered, her fingertips playing with strands of the fur which made up her new cloak nervously. Her cheeks were so red they were practically burning.

Gideon Crowseye

G
He was lost at that moment, her beauty simply overwhelmed him as he stared at her unable to look any other place then into her eyes. He felt like he was being drawn into them as he stared for the moment completely lost in their beauty. It wasn't until he felt the feel of her lips under his own that he realized he wasn't simply seeing some kind of an illusion, but instead had literally getting closer inch by inch until their lips met.

For a brief moment he froze unsure of himself, unsure how she'd react, but he was already there and it was a little late to do things half way. Instead he kissed her softly, his own lips trembling as his mind blared warning after warning to him. It was to no avail though, if she rejected him, simply didn't react or enjoyed it, it was far to late to take it all back now.

Still his fingers remained against her chin, though they slipped just a fraction of an inch when he leaned in. It all happened so fast, yet at the same time it seemed to be going in slow motion. Her head spun, uncertainty mixing with the flutter of her heart as all at once his lips so delicately brushed against her own. No pressure, simply settling there.

For a moment time stood still. She gulped and let her mind race of its own accord in that moment, what should she do? What could she do? Oh Gods, what would Mother think? Worse, her Father...

The second was gone, though, and with it Mysa's time to think. She leaned in just a touch, her breath catching in her throat, and when her lips met his it was as though someone had run a finger down the length of her spine, causing her to shudder.

Not unpleasant though. She smiled.

Gideon Crowseye

G
He didn't move for a moment while his brain just tried to accept what happened before sitting back up. Moving his hand down from her chin he took her hand in his and just smiled silently not daring to break whatever magic was in the air with noise. After a moment though the cat took care of that as it tumbled off the bed with the bowl of stew it was against stealing from. After a rather harsh 'rawr' towards the bowl itself it looked up at Gideon almost admonishing him for allowing his soup bowl to fall and take him with it.

Shaking his head he broke out in laughter, "So is this his usual tactics?" He wasn't going to mention the kiss, if it happened again it would be wonderful, but he didn't want her to feel awkward. In truth though there was nothing he wanted to do more then continue where that first kiss had ended.

When he moved back she half pouted before catching herself. Hoping he hadn't seen the expression during its brief stay. She did not know what she wanted in that instance, she felt both awkward and content in one, nervous and filled with an airy confidence. She felt alive. But it seemed as though he did not wish it to continue, didn't wish to acknowledge it with speech.

Mysa frowned just a touch.

He changed conversations, and she figured it was best to work with him on it. So she gave a slight shrug of her shoulders. "Only when he knows he'll get away with it" she offered, looking at the little guy who was sprawled on the floor both satisfied with his handiwork and annoyed that the bowl had toppled.

Swallowing, she looked back to her lap. Had she ruined a good thing by trying to return the gesture?

Gideon Crowseye

G
Shaking his head he pulled himself up further on the bed resting his back against a wall before gently pulling her to him. As she came closer her wrapped his arms her and held her against him. "He's a smart cat then, he knows all my attention is taken completely." Leaning down he kissed her more intently this time, perhaps it was complete foolishness, but this would be no thing that just 'happened.'

As his lips touched hers he kissed her much more completely then the shadow of a touch from just a minute ago. He didn't press any farther then a kiss as he held her in his arms there, but he was damned if she was going to simply disappear again. He wasn't sure what he felt, he knew he liked her, and she was as beautiful as they came, but where did that go? It was a path he was willing to take, no matter the risks, much less these simple risks, safe here alone in the moment.

Her thoughts were banished in an instance.

Pulled up to lean against the wall, or more appropriately his arm since he had wrapped it around her in the same gesture, Mysa found herself locked rather comfortably in his embrace and could only smile. So she hadn't ruined it?

Felix leaped up onto the bed with dirty paws covered in broth. She laughed a gentle lilt, and turned her gaze up to him to see if he minded - in truth ready to apologize for the fluff butt and offer to clean it up - when his lips once again met hers. A little firmer this time, making themselves known. No hesitation, no doubt.

She gasped, of course. One hand lifted, fingers teasing along the underside of his jaw as though unsure of where they ought to settle.

No thoughts, no doubt, she simply enjoyed the moment.

Gideon Crowseye

G
He wasn't worried about the cat, though he was sure if his mother could see the entire thing she'd have words for him later. Luckily she couldn't, and either was it was the last thing on his mind as he held Mysa. Nothing else really mattered at the moment, he could smell her all around him. Feel him against his skin, and taste her soft lips on his. It was a perfect moment in his mind, he could have froze time and just stayed forever in this single moment content and happy.

As he released her lips he gently pulled her head against his should cradling her there, his head bent down as he kissed the crown of her head. "You're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, Mysa."

Her eyes had closed midway through the kiss, and so it was that when he pulled back and settled her head to his shoulder she kept them that way. Content, relaxed, happy. Her chest felt light, the usual burden of grief lifted if only for a little while. She sighed softly, turning her face into his shoulder and murmuring something that went unheard. Inaudible.

It was getting late, she knew, but she had no desire to move from the spot. Felix lay across her feet, licking the remnants of a well gorged meal from his paws. Comfort crept in, eyes feeling heavy. She could give herself a little while longer before braving the cold, right?

Just how long had she been away from the Great Hall?

The likelihood was all day.

Gideon Crowseye

G
He said nothing as she lay there on him, and even as he started to tire he kept quiet. In that moment he didn't care, all that mattered was the feeling of her in his arms. None too slowly the wariness of the long hunt overtook him as his eyes began to droop and his breathing slow. Eventually his tired mind forced his body to lie down but he still didn't let go of her though even as his mind muddled over the entire fact that someone would be curious where she was. Sleep caught him quickly as he lay there holding her against him, not even the cat curling up on his feet woke him as sleep overtook him completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom