Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Relovian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Relovian​
Region: Outer Rim​
Sector: Arkasis sector​
System: Relo System​
Suns: The only sun in the system is a giant named Jafine I​
Orbital Position: Relovian orbits a gas giant which is the third planet in the system, there being seven planets overall. There had been eight but one was destroyed through natural causes.​
Moons: A single asteroid orbits the planet and a small repair space station. The asteroid is called Ignitus, or Smuggler’s Bane.​
The moon orbits the planet in an elliptical orbit due to the gas giant having a stronger gravitational pull. However it is too far away from the gas giant to be pulled completely out of its orbit. But there is a theory that eventually the moon will be pulled too far and will become a moon to the gas giant rather than Relovian.​
Coordinates: South west of Geonosis and northwest of Ryloth.​
Rotational Period: 39 hours​
Orbital Period: 319 standard days (only about 196 local days)​
Class: Terrestrial​
Diameter: 13,300 km (Approx.)​
Atmosphere: I (Except in swamp areas and mountain zones, where it jumps to II and III respectively)​
Climate: Temperate​
Gravity: Gravity is 1.23 times the standard.​
Primary Terrain: Grasslands, Forests, Oceans, and Plateaus are common.​
Native Species: N/A​
Immigrated Species: Humans, assortment of aliens.​
Primary Languages: Galactic standard, Relovianian​
Government: Multiple Monarchies​
Population: Year 259 BBY: 2000​
Year 159 BBY (100 standard years after colonization): 5000​
Year 59BBY (200 years after colonization): 14,000​
22 BBY (237 years after colonization): 5000​
19 BBY (240 years): 3500​
Currently: 4.6 billion​
Demonym: Relova(i)​
Major Imports: They have begun importing large quantities of durasteel ore, literature, and fuel.​
Major Exports: Battle platforms, Electric rifles, and precious metals.​
Affiliation: Independent​
Major Locations:​
Urban_Plateaus_by_dylancole.jpg
Largan City​
The founding city of the planet stretches over 10 miles of a plateau. The city is well developed and suitably defended against incursion. It is centered around a park where the colony ships allegedly landed. The city is underneath the leadership of the Red Strikers, a faction within the planet’s leadership system. There is a strict curfew and violators of laws are held in the large prison a mile west of the park. The capital of the city is the Palace, which is a moderately sized building that was built supposedly on the same spot that the first building was made. This is the most densely populated city at about 800 million inhabitants.​
Tropical_City_by_dylancole.jpg
Barter Island​
This is the second island in a chain of 150 smaller islands in the large Grash Ocean. The island is a popular vacation destination for the wealthy and a good working area for the less rich. It is considered a resort however it is also the home base of the Speeding Wave, another faction. The area is believed to be a utopia location due to the luxury that everybody lives in and the safety. Getting there by most means is an expensive endeavor and therefore the population is little over half a million.​
381102.jpg
Mount Sapientia​
This is the largest mountain in the longest mountain chain in the world. It is home to the majority of the Force users on the planet. It was started as a monastery and simply grew into a city in the rock and stone of the mountain. The atmosphere is controlled within the city areas to allow the people to not need breathe masks to survive. Most of the buildings are actually in the mountains. This area is underneath the command of the Gundark’s Glory. Led by the influential Force monks in the land, this area has become the safest location in the world. Its population is approximately 200 million.​
castle-in-the-mountains-4381-400x250.jpg
Kalpeth Forest​
The forest is the true utopia location on the planet, having the perfect balance of rules and freedom. The place is apparently free of corruption and misdeeds. It is on the edge of a mountain chain, one of the lesser ones, and the forest it is named after. It is under the command of the Purple Robe. This area has the lowest population of 100,000 inhabitants.​
kz5c7lcphi.jpg
Vastitas​
The city that manufactures the most weapons on the planet. It has a vast network of mines hidden beneath the plains on which it is situated. They mine the metals, and they make them into whatever they intend on selling. They are under the command of the Durasteel Fist. It is the most regulated city on the planet, and also the one with the highest mortality rate. It is the most populated city at almost 1.003 billion inhabitants.​
Culture: The majority of the population are ‘freemen’ who may do as they please as long as it is in alignment with the ruling class of the planet. The ruling class is made up of people who have claimed leadership of a faction through gaining the loyalty of members.​
The leaders of the factions, are normally only a single person commanding the entirety of the organization.​
Combat: The Relovi believe in a code of honor where one does not kill his opponent unless completely necessary. If the enemy surrenders then you do not kill them until a trial has been given. They believe that even a prisoner can be trusted if the person swears by his honor. Honor is the utmost, a loss in that is a loss in almost everything. If one breaks his honor, then he is no more than a dog and should be treated as such. (OOC: They are similar to the European powers during the Napoleonic Wars)​
Due to the capital cities having large populations for the areas given, the people are normally forced into very tight living spaces. This means that almost anything passes quite quickly in the cities, e.g. information, illnesses, objects. Sharing is very important due to the occasional lack of necessary supplies.​
A system has set itself up where hospitality is very important. The necessity to have friends anywhere you go because you never know when you may need them has made it important to be a good host. Often the guest will be given the host's bedroom, simply because it is the best room in the house.​
The leadership has complete control of just about everything. The best food, housing, and transports go automatically to them.​
They command the military, not directly but through normally a war council. The war councils are made up of people who the leader puts in place. Each soldier within the military group swears an oath to the leader in case one of the council members attempts to take over, this system works the majority of the time for the men's honor would prohibit them from breaking their oaths.​
The people of the different factions are taught to distrust one another, due to the want by the different leaders to avoid rebellions.​
Technology: The planet is equally advanced as the majority of the galaxy. However their equivalent of blaster technology is more potent than the rest of the galaxy, however it costs at ammo amounts. The weapons use the same capacity as most others, however they use an entire clip in a single shot, resulting in a more potent shot but a whole clip will be required for each shot.​
History:​
The planet was originally founded approximately 200 years before the Clone Wars. The circumstances under which it was colonized were most intriguing. The planet that had first been third in the system had been the original inhabited planet in the system, about 100 years before. The Republic had sent a colony ship there due to large quantities of metal ores. However the planet’s orbit was not perfect and the planet eventually crashed into Jaffine I. The event was caused by an asteroid crashing into the planet many years before, throwing the planet's orbit into an irregular pattern that led to it crashing into the sun. The planet and the majority of its metals were lost. The colony quickly transferred to the only other inhabitable planet in the system at the time.​
After about two centuries the populace had thrived and begun to expand. They had explored a large portion of the continent when the Clone Wars began. Due to the fact that Geonosis had been in between the Republic and Relovian, it was quickly subjugated and a vast number of the population was exterminated to subdue to the populace. The people were forced to work for the Separatists, building weapons, ships, and droids. Throughout the following years of the Clone Wars, the number of living people would drop to the point that it was almost the same as when they had first colonized. The Geonosions found that the people were very good at their work and a large plain area was turned into many droid manufacturing plants so that they could take advantage of the people. As the War came to an end, the people were forced to work harder to cover the lack on other planets. When the War was complete, a few Separatist commanders had hidden on planet. But the people revolted, turning on their masters, turning even the battle droids that they could on their enemies. When the Republic arrived, the planet was in full turmoil of anarchy. To help settle the situation they left a command force to hold and defend the planet. While the clones and Jedi that held the planet were upright and very caring of the citizens, the commanders began to take advantage of their positions. They created the leadership in 9 BBY and named it Flame Killer. The name would later morph to Flame Hitter and then finally Red Striker.​
The Jedi were displeased with the acts of the Flame Killers and decided to create a monastery in the mountains where people could escape to if needed. They took those Force sensitives they had found with them to the monastery they built, it was finished in 3 BBY. The leaders among the Jedi created the faction they named Glory, which was later named Gundark’s Glory when an accident occurred where a Gundark was thought to have escaped into the mountains there. The Jedi called the Republic to take away the commanders and replace them with more capable leaders. However the Flame Killers broke communication and locked down the planet. They lost contact with the new Empire supposedly due to a break down within the Imperial government that lost the location of the planet, supposedly it happened during the attack on the Jedi Temple.​
Meanwhile the Geonosians who had survived in the catacombs beneath Vastitas manipulated the people in command there to break away from the Republic. The leaders turned away and created the Durasteel Deck in 2 ABY. The name was chosen because of the addiction to games of Pazaak and Sabaac. The people turned the droid producing factories into places to make battle platforms and other weapons. The Geonosians took the blaster the Republic had been using and changed them to more powerful weapons. However the weapons also had incredibly limited ammo capacity. Eventually the weapons company would try to fight the Flame Killers during the year 7 ABY, however the Killers had more men than the Deck. The Deck was forced to sign a contract, in the year 53 ABY to sell weapons to the Killers in return for being allowed to continue their operations.​
At some point after the treaty the Gulag Plague struck, killing almost half the population. Over the next few months the population would drop to two thirds what it had been. The doctors there failed to produce any antidote and the extinction of life on the planet was imminent. But it appeared that at practically overnight the entire plague suddenly and completely disappeared. There was nothing left of it except the bodies of the fallen. During this time, the doctors and physicians of the time requested to have a hospital complex set up on one of the larger islands. The hospital was made to have as soothing effect as possible on the patients. It used the latest medical technology possible, and the largest buildings that could be built at the time. The original hospital would become the leadership building of the Speeding Wave. The Wave was based around the concept that medical technology would lead to the advancement of sentient species. While they became their own faction, the Wave continues to stay in contact with the Red Strikers.​
In recent history they have begun trading with whoever pays the highest, however as the Red Strikers are in command of most of the planet the trade is most easily done with the Republic. However the main producer of the weapons, Durasteel Fist, prefers to help the Sith to fight the Republic. Also the Durasteel Fist has made diplomacy with the Flame Killers very difficult, the relationship between the two is very fragile and will likely break without too much provocation. However compared to the last time they fought, the Durasteel Fist is much more powerful now and will likely win a battle between the two if it comes to that.​
Notable PCs: There will be a few at some point in the future hopefully.​
Intent: To create a planet for the first time (Break the teeth and all), to create a place for hopefully a few characters, maybe some great stories, and maybe to start a company. (I was reading Horatio Hornblower before I made this. So I must admit that it has been influenced by that era. :))​
OOC: This is my first planet submission. So please have patience, I am sure that there is a lot of work to be done for this to be completed. Thanks for your time.

[member="Harrip"]

Before I start the rest of judging, I would like to ask for some clarification. At the moment, I am rather confused by the system.

Like I can see, this planet is a double planet, it orbits another planet. But the point is, that together, their centre of mass must orbit a sun. Or, well, doesn't, but then there would be no life on your planet. But according to your submission, there are no suns in the system, but only a gas giant, which means there can't be any life.

So what is exactly up with the double planet thing? Were you trying to intentionally make it something like that or are you a bit confused of the system? :)

I think I may be confused. It would make sense, I finished this up last night and was pretty tired when I did. :)

The Sun is named Jafine I. It is a giant, not a gas giant.

The planet that Relovian orbits is a gas giant, however I did not give it a name.

Did I mess something in there?

[member="Maria Natalja"]

[member="Harrip"]

Let's continue, then.

The eight planet in the system: what was the natural cause? An asteroid crashing into the planet? Please clarify

About the moon: wouldn't the asteroid start orbiting the gas giant as its gravitational pull is stronger than Relovian's?

Orbital period is too short for a temperate planet. Please make the orbital period more Earth-like.

Please add oceans to Primary Terrain.

Harrip said:
(similar to Latin)
Please remove that statement. There is no Latin in the universe of Star Wars. If you want to clarify what the language is like, please do so in the Culture section.

Please add "Independent" to the beginning of Affiliation, as the planet doesn't belong to any faction.

Add more to the Culture section. At the moment, it seems to be lacking a bit. Try to add about daily life, traditions, religion, government, people, arts, military, whatever. Culture could house information about... basically, everything. So this section is the most important and would need some extra information.

History. Interesting, but I would like to see more dates of when something took place. And what about the Gulag Plague?

So just edit your submission to fix the problems, and then tag me in your next post. Your planet is fine, but just like most others, needs some little clarifications and minor edits. By so far, you're doing fine. :)

Okay I think I fixed some of the problems.

The Gulag Plague had already been mentioned, in fact it was the most devastating thing to happen to the planet.

Thanks for your patience :)

[member="Maria Natalja"]

[member="Harrip"]

Forgive me, it must have been a mistake which came from the lack of time I had to review your History. :) So, let me see your changes and how the submission looks now.

The moon's gravity problem is now quite solved, I would say. Orbital period is better, too. But would you clarify: is it standard days or local days? Primary terrain - fixed. I see you decided to change the whole affiliation text to "Independent", which I didn't ask for, but it's a good change in my opinion. Culture is a lot better now.

Alright, after clarification, I think we are fine to go. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom