Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Rekali Mine, Grave of the Martyr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
desert_base_v3_by_hardyguardy-d3df8t1.jpg

Name: Rekali Mine

Image Source: Link

Classification: Mining Operation

Size: Heavy

Demographics:
  • 75% Construction and Mining droids
  • 25% Sentient beings

Points of Interest:
  • Little Keldabe
  • Hyperion Mining's Private beskar mine
  • Several small private mines
  • MandalMotors R&D Beskar Mine/Lab
  • Rekali Mining Licensing Office - As a rather hollow thank you to the Rekali clan, specifically a personal favor from then acting Mandalore Gilamar Skirata, clan Rekali was given the rights to the mine. This is where private interests and businesses purchase licenses to mine on the Rekali property
  • Rekali Mine
  • Rekali Memorial

Description: A large mining operation south east of Keldabe created after the Sith Empire's invasion of Mandalore when the Death Watch dropped a powerful nuclear bomb onto the battlefield. The entire mine was gifted to the Rekali clan as a personal gift from then acting Mandalore Gilamar Skirata to his friend Ember Rekali. The mine is split up into various districts all of which are technically owned by clan Rekali but are leased out to private interests and corporations such as Hyperion Mining and MandalTech. In the center of the crater the Rekali have set up their mine. A large industrial drill spire and the unmarked grave dedicated to those that gave their lives that day lie as the centerpieces of the Rekali mining operation.

History: Almost ten years before the events of Great Vanishing, also called the Netherworld Galactic Event by some, and nearly eight years before the rise of the One Sith, the Mandalorians were ensnared in a brutal war with the Sith Empire, a Dark Sided imperial faction that ruled much of the Outer Rim with an iron fist. After several losses culminating in the death of Jedi Grandmaster Teferi something clicked with the Mandalorians. Taking the Jedi Grandmaster's death as a sign of weakness, the Mandalorians bolstered their defenses and steeled their hearts and would go on to wrest control of the Outer Rim planets taken by the Sith back into the palms of Mandalore. However, during their final days the Sith Empire coerced a sect of Mandalorians to rebel against their ruler, forming the Death Watch. The Imperial fleet came at Mandalore with the expertise and knowledge that came with the Mandalorian defectors, however victory would not be theirs that day. As the Imperial forces fled the battle, the Death Watch, in one final attempt to damage the Mandalorians, dropped a powerful nuclear bomb, believed to be of Sith design, which would take several hundred Mandalorian lives, including Rach Rekali, son of Clan Head Ember Rekali as well as the husband of then acting Mandalore.

Due to the nuclear blast's proximity to the Kelita River, the primary water source for Keldabe and much of Mandalore, clean up was immediate. The blast had created a lake along the giant river. However, during the original assessment of the damage it was found that closest to the epicenter of the blast, a new vein of Beskar was uncovered. Some attributed it to Rach's fiery soul burning a path to a new age of prosperity, some just called it dumb luck. Regardless, a new mine was created almost immediately following clean up.

Intent: To flesh out the places on Mandalore in which Beskar can be found (Note: This is not the only place, but it is one, a rather new one in fact)

Links:
  • Sith/Death Watch invasion of Mandalore, the thread where the Death Watch blew a hole several kilometers away from Keldabe, killing [member="Ember Rekali"]'s son. It should be noted that much of the thread was lost during the wipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom