Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reinforcing a Jedi's skills

Another day, another ordinary routine. The only difference was that Padawan Rasu Gan planned to mix it up today. Walking briskly through the halls of the Jedi Temple, the Shi'ido headed towards the training grounds. The alien shape-shifter had taken the guise of a Rutian Twi'lek, making her long lekku bounce along her back as she set a quick pace. She had just returned from her journey to Ilum, where she had brought back her first ever lightsaber. Since her arrival home, Rasu had been itching to test out the rare dual-phase weapon on a willing sparring partner and had hoped to find one in the training grounds. The sound of clashing weapons slowly grew louder as she got closer to her destination. The hallway opened up into a large room, light poured in from a large opening in the roof, allowing the Coruscanti sun to pour it's rays upon the hark-working Jedi. Rasu scanned the crowd, trying to find a rather large area or spare room to set up a sparring match. Finally finding one, she put on a burst of Force-enhanced speed to reach the destination and claim it for her own. With the arena set, all that remained was the arrival of her opponent, which Rasu waited eagerly for.

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

Sochi had already been on her way to the trainung grounds, she never wanted ti be burden so she trained to hone her lightsaber skills regularly. Physical combat wasnt really her niche, she preferred diplomacy and further study of the force, but nevertheless she needed to be proficient in all areas, that was her goal. She was looking for one padawan in particular, who had put out the call for a sparring partner. She had seen the girl around the temple before. They hadn't much time to talk, but maybe now while they train they could get to know one another. She walked into training area, with her brown jedi robes which covered a black shirt, and a long, flowing brown skirt. Looking around the large room that was occupied by many jedi who were in training. She saw a twi'lek girl sitting whom she assumed was the one she sought. She approached her calmly, "Greetings, fellow jedi, im Sochi Ru. I hear you've been looking for a sparring partner? Well here I am" she said in soft voice, and a smile on her red soaked face.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Rasu watched the young Togruta get closer to her sparring area, wondering if she would come as a spectator or as her opponent. From the robes she wore, Rasu could tell that she was a staunch traditionalist, but that didn't bother her, they were all Jedi no matter what their personalities portrayed. Standing up, she greeted the Togruta with a smile as the newcomer introduced herself. "Thank you for answering my call, I'm Padawan Rasu Gan, pleased to meet you." retaining the warm smile. "So have you had much experience with a lightsaber?" Unhooking her weapon, she held it up to her head. Her blue face was bathed in yellow light as the saber activated, entranced by the sight, Rasu continued to speak. "To be honest I have only just returned from Ilum with my new blade and am very excited to try it out. How long have you been in possession of your own saber?"

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

Sochi continued to smile, as she in turn introduced herself. As the girl ignited her lightsaber the yellow light had cast a glow to come across her face. She seemed rather entranced, which made Ru smiled. " The pleasure is mine, well I have some experience, but I'm no master." The girl began to talk about her recent trip to Ilum. And how she was excited to test her new weapon, her enthusiasm made Sochi feel warm and welcomed. "We'll I've had my saber for quite some time, about a couple of years now." She said to respond to her last question. "Are you looking to just get comfortable with your weapon? Or are you looking to practice a specific form?" Sochi was just making small talk, the girl seemed really friendly.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Responding to the Togruta's question, Rasu answered, "I've had quite a bit of experience with the training sabers, and have found that I'm quite a skilled user of the Ataru from, or so the Quartermaster keeps telling me." Lowering the blade, she looked back at Sochi Ru. "It's mainly because of my skin shifting ability you see." To demonstrate she changed form, her skin bubbled and lumps appeared in different places as her bones readjusted positions. Two great bumps appeared to be growing from the top of her head while her skin began to change from a deep blue to blood red. Within the space of a few seconds, another Togruta, identical to Sochi, now stood in front of her. "See. I'm able to change forms so I can pick species that are best suited for a specific form. I find that a Twi'lek has the flexibility and agility needed for Ataru to be extremely deadly." As she spoke the large montrals seemed to shrink back into her head and her skin once again turned a deep blue, leaving a Rutian Twi'lek standing where the Togruta had just been. "Enough small talk though, we came to spar, so lets get started." Walking back a few steps, Rasu turned facing Sochi, lightsaber hilt pointing downwards, energy settings on low, as she waited for the Padawan to get into position. Once again, a yellow glow engulfed the surrounding area, signalling the beginnings of a duel.

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

Sochi was surprised, in all her little time within the Order, she hadn't ever seen anything such as this. Well you learn a little bit every day, and this lesson wasn't one of diplomacy, and lightsaber skills. "That was really impressive, and the fact that it can meet the requirements to any form makes your abilities far greater." She said smiling and praising the girl. Ru nodded quickly, as they did come to spar. She went to the opposite end of the training ground. Sochi bowed to show her respect to her new opponent. She ignited her lightsaber, and a blue blade shot out of the hilt. She took on her Makashi stance. She held her saber in her strong hand, and at her side, the blade pointed down, and her feet were shoulder width apart. The duel had started, and she slowly started moving forward, utilizing her practice within the forms footwork.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

With @[member="Sochi Ru"] now shuffling towards her, blue blade ignited, Rasu prepared for her first strike. Tensing her legs, she sprung towards the Togruta, using the Force to enhance the jump. Spinning while in mid-air she swung her yellow blade toward Sochi, performing a mid-air roll to land behind the Togruta. While her opponent was caught unawares, she reached out in the Force, sending a surge of energy towards the Padawan, hoping to catch her on the back and send her flying.

Anticipating the attack, and with timing and accuracy Sochi brought her blade up to block the attack, she quickly shuffled her feet so that she could turn around, seeing as her adversary was now behind her. Seeing her prepare for a force attack, Sochi did the same, she concentrated placing her hand up simultaneously with Rash, and they came to a stalemate. Their powers seemed to be on par in terms of that attack, then using the force to enhance her speed, she quickly approached Rasu brining up her blade and thrusting it at the girl, only to send a barrage of light cuts against her, moving forward, trying to throw her off balance.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Alarmed by the speed and accuracy of her opponent, Rasu had only the Force to thank when she was able to somersault over the top of Sochi, just before her blade would of made contact. Landing behind her again, a slight stinging pain appeared on her hip, looking down she found a small burn mark. Must've been too slow, got to improve on that, she thought, before entering her battle stance again. This time however she clicked a small stud on the hilt of her lightsaber and the yellow blade changed to a deep green, with the length of the blade increasing by a few centimetres. Opening herself to the Force, she thrust both her hands in the direction of the Togruta, sending a surge of Force energy towards her. Predicting her opponents next move, she leaped into the air again towards Sochi, blue lekku trailing behind her. Assuming that the Padawan would have leaped up to evade the Force push, Rasu now swung her blade in slashing patterns, hoping that her combination of Niman and Ataru had surprised her opponent.

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

She watched the girl perform a somersault and go over her. Sochi's body quickly turned around watching the Padawan go over her. She held her blade vertical in front of her, only in her right hand. The girl had landed and after a brief moment she assumed her battle stance once more. Sochi had performed her Makashi salute, by bring her blade up and quickly swinging it down so that it now faced the ground. She noticed that the girls lightsaber had increased in size, and the color of the blade had changed. That must've been the application of the dual phase saber she had in her possession. Ru had heard of the, but had never seen one in action, it was pretty impressive. Then suddenly Rasu had thrust both of her hands to send a surge of force energy towards Sochi. Sochi responded with attempting to leap over, but was quickly met by Rasu who had predicted her movements. Sochi was able to block the attack, though barely. And fell back down to the floor, landing on her back. She quickly got up, and held her saber horizontal in front of her. She was completely caught off guard, she should've been smart, and thought her maneuver through.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Rasu continued her onslaught, wanting to retain the advantage she had made while it was still possible to do so. She leaped again as soon as she had touched the ground, landing in front of @[member="Sochi Ru"]. Ataru was all about keeping your opponent on the defense, launching acrobatic attacks so to not give the opponent a chance to switch to offense, and that was exactly what Rasu was doing. Leaping up over the Togruta to slice at her defenseless back, Rasu landed behind her opponent. Jumping once again to aim a swing at her side, her longer blade giving her the edge needed to reach victory. She was completely opened to the Force, her muscles were replenished when they got tired and her senses were enhanced and prepared to anticipate any of the Padawan's moves. Now this is training, she thought, pleased at how light her weapon felt in her hands. She truly felt one with her weapon and the Force. Preparing for one more assault, she back-flipped onto the wall behind her and used her feet to propel her forward, sending her flying like a blaster bolt straight for her opponent, blade pointing directly in front, as if to impale anything that got in it's way.

Rasu had definitely a great affinity for form IV. She was pretty proficient with it and it impressed Sochi very much. She quickly got up and was out on the defensive, which she was comfortable with. Her opponent had been on the offensive, which was Ataru. Though Form II allowed one to defend herself against an opponent with minimal effort, while placing a heavy focus on avoiding disarmament. She quickly turned around and blocked the attack to her back, and after disengaging for a brief period Ru's movements had become increasingly fluid. She kept her blocks, and counters light so that the momentum from Rasu's attacks allowed her to flow from one attack to another. This brought back memories to when she sparred with Nala, with Nala's stature she had extreme reach, and she surrounded her attack her from all directions, this was familiar territory for Ru. Once they disengaged one more, Sochi utilized one of the Makashi maneuvers, "Contentious Opportunity" the girl had back flipped into a wall behind her and used that to perform her next attack. Sochi used the force to speed up her movements and went underneath Rasu, thrusting her blade up vertically to exploit the opening she saw.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Rasu's back prickled with danger sense just as she saw @[member="Sochi Ru"] skid underneath her body. Reacting instantly without any thought given, the Shi'ido rolled her body to the right using the momentum to carry her body to the floor where she continued the roll until smacking into a wall. "Stang" she muttered as the breathe was knocked out of her. Jumping up, she looked for her opponent. "Nicely done" she called to Sochi. "I'll let you go first now, I'm going to switch to Niman for a bit." Clicking the stud again on her hilt, the blade shrunk down to it's original length, green changing to yellow once again. Swinging the blade so it hanged at her side, Rasu gestured her hand towards Sochi, hand raised upwards.

Sochi smiled, "Thank you" she was yold that it was okay for her to now go on the offensive. She held her blue blade horizontally, with her lightsaber hilt just below her chin. She was performing Center of Being. Centering heraelf so that she cluld become more focus. After a brief moment, she brought her lightsaber hilt down back into her Makashi opening stance. Sochi approached cautiously going in for the attack, she would jab her lightsaber at Rasu's feet, only to perform a feint, she didnt go all the way through with the attack, trying to trick her. Instead she quickly spun around and brought her blade with for a horizontal attack at Rasu's left side of her body.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Opening herself to the Force, Rasu jumped backwards to avoid the slash at her feet by Sochi's blade, however was taken by surprise when the blade was suddenly brought up to her side. Thrusting her hand towards the lightsaber, she sent a wave of Force energy, intending to push the blade back. Landing back on her feet, Rasu resumed her battle stance, free hand outstretched towards Sochi. Rasu gestured with her hand, bringing it in towards her, using the Force to pull the Togruta closer to her already swinging yellow blade. Let's see how she handles this.

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

Her feint seemed successful in its early stages, but she eventually caught on and countered her attack using the force to push her blade away. She was now standing some feet in front of the girl when she regained her footing. The Sochi was gripped by the force, and pulled towards Rasu's yellow blade. Such was the "Draw Closer" attack. Sochi remembered studying up on the technique before and recognizing the move. It was definitely impressive to see in person. Rasu was an excellent combatant, even when utilizing Form Vi. She had to think of a counter quickly, as she was coming in closer towards her blade, Sochi used the force to move Rasu's blade hand away for a second, having Sochi crash into the girl instead. It was all she could think of at the time.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Rasu's mouth gaped open as her blade hand was moved, resulting in her initial strike completely missing her opponent. Before she had time to react, Sochi had collided into her with such force, sending both Jedi flying backwards, toppling over each other. They pair eventually separated, and as soon as she felt herself slowing down, Rasu was again, up on her feet, legs a little shaky, but prepared for another attack. Thinking back on what had just occurred, she couldn't help but laugh. It was very clever to use Rasu's own move against her and she had to congratulate Sochi on that, but after their training had finished. Bringing herself back to the present, she took up a defensive stance, preparing herself for the Togruta's next attack.

@[member="Sochi Ru"]

Indeed it wasn't the best of ideas, but she couldn't think of anything else at the time. She crashed into Rasu and they went flying, falling over one another eventually separating and sliding in different directions. Ru just layer there for a time, she could hear behind her that Rasu had already got back up from the shuffling of her feet. Sochi started laughing before she could even get up, and while she was getting up it continued. She finally got up and her free hand was rubbing her left Montral. She smiled at Rasu, it was pretty funny, probably the first time she had a laugh while she trained. Nevertheless it must continue. She got back into her Makashi stance, she took a couple of steps closer to her, and brought her hand up planning t attack the girl with the force. The move would only serve as a feint, she purposely didn't generate enough energy for the attack to do anything to Rasu, but move her robes. While this happened she used the force to enhance her speed, and went in for an attack. Using her footwork to aid her in jabbing her blade directly at her opponent.

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Rasu couldn't help but smirk as Sochi lay there on the floor, laughing. Her laughter continued as she stood up and got back into her battle stance. Rasu's body tensed as the Togruta's palm was raised in her direction. Expecting a Force-based attack, Rasu prepared to leap out of the way but was surprised when the attack only ruffled her robes. Puzzled, Rasu was unprepared for the lightning fast jab aimed at her abdomen, searing pain appeared from her middle as she leaped away from the blue blade that had made contact near her stomach. Looking down at her torso, she noticed a large hole in her robe where the lightsaber had rested on her skin. Her skin had been burned yet again, but this time the wound let off a lot more pain. "Time out please." She said to @[member="Sochi Ru"].

Sochi's eyes widened, "Oh dear!" She quickly holstered her lightsaber, and quickly approached Rasu. She became concerned as she didn't plan on hurting the girl. When she said "time out" that's she she became worried. She placed her hand on her back, and lowered her head to only see a hole in her robes that had obviously came from her lightsaber. "Oh Rasu, are you okay? I didn't mean to hurt you." She said softly, yet worried. "I can help get you to the Halls of Healing if its serious, I hope that you could forgive me" she said trying to comfort her. Sochi didn't know the severity of her wounds, only that she seemed in pain."

@[member="Rasu Gan"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom