Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Registration

Okuro sat in his room in the Silver Jedi Temple, hoping it would be his room for good. His registration had been put in, and he hoped he would be able to join the Order. The Jedi Council would probably call him in at some point, but he was still quite nervous.

Nami had been busy... mostly training for herself and trying to learnw ith the other jedi here in the temple. THe silver rest was her home and she stood as tall as she could being so short.... Joza was who knew where doing who knew who.... her sister had pretty much met her, rescued her and then abandoned her in the silver jedi where she had stayed at the ready to become a stronger and more beneficial jedi she hoped. So when she heard there was a boy sitting down the half zeltron moved to go and meet him sitting down next to him with a smile appearing as she had her thick hair behind her, a skylar form fitted robe. "Hey new guy how are you doing."

[member="Nami Perl"]

Okuro jumped back when she sat beside him, getting into a martial arts stance he used frequently, often having to hide his status as a Jedi. He then realized the girl talking to him must have been a Jedi as well. "O-Oh. Hey, sorry. I'm just kinda on edge. This is my first time being in a major Order in 5 years now." He lowered his hands and gave a polite bow.

She looked at him with a raised eyebrow trying to figure out what startled him. "So you okay there?" A look on her face while she continued to sit there with her arms open now. Leg crossed over the other, hair wild and around her shoulders. "This is a safe space for people to be around." She looked towards a few of the other jedi walking around. "We're in a temple, even not having been within one fo the orders you should be used to see jedi around you."

[member="Nami Perl"] "You'd be surprised..." He said. "The last Jedi I knew were either slaughtered, or slaughtering." He sat back down beside her, leaning against the wall.

Jedi slaughtering... she looked at him. "Are you sure they weren't sith, jedi don't make a habit of slaughtering people." She wasn't surprised about them being slaughtered. The sith, mandalorians, first order and any number of groups around the galaxy liked to do that for fun. Once he sat back down though she motioned for him to come closer. "Come on kiddo sit down and tell master Nami all about it. cause the council doesn't really open those doors unless Valae is in need of a sugar fix."

[member="Nami Perl"] He chuckled softly and scooted a bit closer. "Sorry, I should rephrase that. They WERE Jedi." He said, sighing again as he remembered. "Some Council you have then. Ours was run by a Toydarian guy who did nothing but sit on his ass all day."

She was looking at him and tilted her head but offered a smile. "Well the council doesn't need to hold our hand. They are generaly very busy and rarely actually come to be in session.. and we call it the assembly for the record sweetie." Nami said it while looking there at him and she leaned back with her arms spread wide while a number of things went through her head on what she could say but she settled for. "Plus the real fun is in getting to roam around the temple.

[member="Nami Perl"] "I take it you're the Gossip Jedi?" He chuckled softly, putting his arms behind his head to relax. "Well, she sounds like she knows what she's doing."

And [member="Okuro_Ishimoto"] would soon realize that [member="Nami Perl"] wasn't, in fact, sitting on the Council, officially referred to as the Silver Jedi Assembly. True, the two senior-most Councillors weren't present and four of the other five were busy tending to other duties. On top of that, the Assembly proper was almost never in session. So Jessica was the only one that was, in fact, present. Poodoo. I'll be on the hook if something awry was to happen with him as a Jedi. I have seen my share of Jedi that thought that had command-level talent but their actual skill level fell short, if not outright classified as mediocre, she thought, while she feels a little uneasy after reading what she could about Okuro's dossier. The bureaucracy allowed him to reach that stage where he would be subjected to an Assembly hearing, which is usually for the more suspicious cases; most cases weren't as suspect. Even Jessica's case wasn't that suspect when she entered padawan-hood; sure the routine checks had to be re-done because of the first one performing those being so unreliable even Geonosian authorities didn't trust her, but there were no real problems otherwise. She thus approached Okuro:

"I'm Jessica Med-Beq. Currently the Council isn't in session, but Valae really doesn't have an evil twin, identical or not. With that said, let's proceed: there seems to be some cause for us to consider you a suspicious case, but not suspicious enough to reject your registration outright"

[member="Jessica Med-Beq"]

"Suspicious?" He repeated. Why would he be suspicious? Could it be that he was male? He had only seen two other male members of this Order. Though he had been in some scuffles here or there, and the assassination attempts didn't help much.

Nami looked at the woman as she was at first mostly looking at the boy.. unsure really how to respond. She had said the most crazy things she could think of out of a holo soupdrama and he seemed to or the moment have believed her about it... which was scary on its own but then someone else thankfully came to the rescue mostly cause she had no idea what she was going to say to it. "Yeah that." Listening to him and well she had never said she was only the council just sittign with him in the waiting area outside the chambers cause they was where he had been. Nami stretched out though sitting there and leanign back in the swat a little while Okuro would have a chance to talk.

"I can assure you, gender has nothing to do with the suspicions we hold in your case"

If what she was overhearing from [member="Nami Perl"] regarding [member="Okuro_Ishimoto"]'s gullibility was correct, he wouldn't be fit to do work as a Jedi Sentinel in any capacity, but perhaps as a Guardian he could have a place, since he didn't mind going on the battlefield, such as springing traps for allowing other elements to engage the enemy without much of a problem. His track record as a grounder was not forming the bulk of the suspicions the Assembly held towards him. If I could keep his command allowances and duties limited in scope, he can still be serviceable in the beginning, but he has to earn the right to higher allowances and/or more important missions. I could always use him to command a decoy force or a vanguard so that support elements can blast the enemy at range. There is a reason why I didn't give Preliat more than a company-sized element at this point, although I forgave him for Kashyyyk: he's just a little green to us. But, since he's competent, I'll probably promote him in due time, she thought, before explaining exactly what the suspicions are, point-by-point, and there were two points that stood out to her as far as the suspicions are concerned.

"You showed your gullibility all too readily in front of Nami, and past experience showed that gullibility can be a serious liability in Jedi service, including but not limited to, a command-level role: it can lead to you getting captured or taking unneeded casualties"

[member="Jessica Med-Beq"] "Every good Commander is cautious. I've proven my good commanding ability many times over at my old Order, and I'll continue to do so here." He said, a fire in his eyes.

Nami was there listening to it and trying to find it. "But you said your order slaughtered and was in turn slaughtered Okuro... so if you were a skilled commander that would imply you had to have had a hand in their actions correct?" She asked it looking from the couch while she lounged there. Mostly listeningt o Jessica and she was a little confusing sure... her thoughts when you could feel them in the force screamed to her mind.... Nami was just relaxing but she had been the one out there on the couch listening to him and getting to know the boy as she wondered about it. Her eyes flicking back and forth.

"Which leads me to another point of suspicion. If your order slaughtered and was, in turn, slaughtered, that might also mean that the order you once served was woefully incompetent, or perhaps even worse, filled with secret Sith"

Competence was relative here. Sure, he might be competent in today's environment, where maneuvering ability seems to be at a premium, and also it seemed to be a dark age for maneuver warfare these days, but compared to the pre-Ruusan Sith Wars, I don't think he'd last very long in command in that era, she thought, while she pondered the possible implication: it was entirely possible [member="Okuro_Ishimoto"] was a secret Sith, and if what happened to the Alliance was any indication, it would be dangerous. To say nothing of how [member="Nami Perl"] seemed to imply that his description didn't match any Jedi order extant in the past five years. True, the Alliancist Jedi seemed to have a few butchers in their ranks, as well as a few more secret Sith as of late, but at their head was neither a Toydarian, nor did Taeli fiddle on her thumbs. Anyhow, there seemed to be major holes in his Jedi training, and she had to be brutally honest with him. To tell the truth as it is. She was, in doing so, doing both him and the Order a favor: even Nami would realize as much, never mind the other members of the Assembly.

"We also have concerns regarding your Jedi training, plus your backstory seems to be at least partially fabricated"

[member="Jessica Med-Beq"]

"By all means, name the concerns and I'll explain." He said. His composure was calm and collected, though he was a ltitle nervous. He was no Sith, but he didn't want them to think he was and sometimes said the wrong things.

"Your apparent gullibility seems to point at a lack of training in critical training, which is also, most of the time, accompanied with weaknesses in one's knowledge of Jedi philosophy and of the Jedi code, and what it entails in terms of responsibility"

Yes, [member="Nami Perl"] knew that it was possible for a Jedi to get by in action with only limited Force-training, or lightsaber training, but those that sucked at both tended to remain either in the realms of mediation, scholarship or piloting. But, if there was one set of skills she thought was essential for just about anybody to assume command-level positions, irrespective of one's level of skill in the Force, if any, it was critical thinking and responsibility. So, while [member="Okuro_Ishimoto"] seemed to exhibit symptoms of mental disorders but while mental disorders were an impediment to Jedi-hood, she was not positioned to make a proper mental evaluation. Sure, she could always train him in those areas if he was up to it, but she'd rather not do so without at least having him undergo a psychiatric evaluation. And I hope that the people performing the psychiatric evaluations are actually better than this Jedi-on-a-hoverchair; at this stage virtually everyone would be better than this particular person, she thought, realizing that it was easier to forgive a grounder that had next to no Force-ability than one that couldn't think, provided said grounder didn't attempt to lead the charge from the front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom