Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Registration

Hmmm this was getting interesting.. maybe. Nami looked at the conversation and was trying to listen but it was sort of confusing from both of them. She was uncertain though. Listenign to him say he had ability and skill but still he didn't go into it, didn't tell them what they should know about his traiing. She could at least say she had been trained for telepathic techniques and telekinetics. Lightsaber combat and vehicles. She wasn't one for bragging but she was one for listing her skills and being practical about it.

Jyoti strolled through the main hall of the temple, binders in hand, on her way to the Archives. As per usual, she had texts that needed to be digitized.

In passing, she came upon a man she didn't recognize (Okuro), walking away from the direction of Jessica and another stranger (Nami). The Echani had no pressing business - scanning some old stuffy tomes certainly wasn't a priority - so she had the time to stop and be chatty.

"Hi there," she said with a smile and a wave of her hand. "I pride myself on knowing just about everyone who passes through these walls, so you must be new."

The man was strong in the Force, and he certainly carried himself like a seasoned warrior, this was no greenhorn. That fact only piqued her curiosity in him.

[member="Okuro_Ishimoto"] [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] [member="Nami Perl"]

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

"Good afternoon." He said and bowed politely. He didn't know if she was a Master or not, but she certainly looked like one. He also didn't know what time of day it was, being in space for the most of 5 years really screwed up his view on time.

He didn't directly address her question about whether or not being new, but she gathered as much from his initial response. She was a prominent Master within the order, and (sometimes) part of the Silver Assembly/Council in an official capacity.

"Afternoon," she repeated, before returning the man's bow in kind.

It was certainly afternoon in this region fo Kashyyyk, though Jedi and Rangers could always be found sleeping at odd hours of the day as they operated off galactic standard time across multiple worlds. One side effect of intergalactic life was hell on circadian rhythms.

"I'm Jyoti. And you are?"

[member="Okuro_Ishimoto"] [member="Nami Perl"] [member="Jessica Med-Beq"]

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

"Okuro. Okuro Ishimoto. You can just call me Oku, most people do. I'm kinda new. Not new to being a Jedi, but I'm certainly new to this specific Order." He said, going back to her previous question.

"Oku, I'll call you that then," she replied with a nod. "And you can just call me Jyoti."

"I could tell that you have some experience. Are you a Knight, Master?"

[member="Okuro_Ishimoto"] [member="Nami Perl"] [member="Jessica Med-beq"]

Since [member="Nami Perl"] didn't have the courage to talk about the concerns she might have about [member="Okuro_Ishimoto"] to [member="Jyoti Nooran"], Jessica feels that she doesn't have a choice. Not that these concerns were immediately apparent to Jyoti, just that Jessica knew that the Order just couldn't afford to pass up that opportunity. He might pose a risk to falling to the dark side, in which case he could betray us, but the Sith couldn't trust him either unless he was a secret Sith. But from what I could tell, Sith often tended to be just as uncomfortable in large-scale command roles as Jedi are. They might be running an empire, just that they tend to put little thought in how the empire is run. Here we respect competence more: Okuro is a little raw, he just needs a little more training in critical thinking, the Code and Jedi philosophy, she thought. And then he could, if her logic is to be believed, serve in command of a decoy force or vanguard in a large-scale engagement: it was usually where Jedi put the overconfidently gullible officers in an order of battle back in the pre-Ruusan days.

"I found his registration file to be a little suspect. My main concern with Okuro is that he will need to get up to speed in terms of critical thinking and knowledge of the Jedi Code and philosophy; he might be overconfident and gullible, but he seems workable otherwise"

Nami was looking at the conversation as she finally rose up and walked over. Looking at Okuro as he had been speaking and she looked at Jessica raising an eyebrow. Then to Jyoti as she wrapped an arm around his shoulder. "Oh come on now everyone is overconfident he is just like anuyone else... granted he might be a little strange and rough around the edges but I think he will do. Just got to get you cleaned up maybe." She looked at him and then at Jyoti laughing a little as she shook out her hair. "But my suspicions of him are more with his story, if his order were killing people then there should be some form of checking into what they stood for. We have several massive libraries full of information from force orders and sects."

[member="Nami Perl"] "I'm not sure how much information you guys might have. We weren't a large scale Order like you guys, we didn't even have a Temple. Just a little building of sorts." He looked at [member="Jyoti Nooran"] "I'm a Knight at the moment. Though hopefully not forever." He gave a small chuckle and scratched his head.

[member="Okuro_Ishimoto"]

Nami looked at him as she spoke. "I wouldn't worry to much, Master Ike is one of the best for keeping track of it and digging it up. Hell half the jedi in the order won't admit it but she has studied most of the things or seen places they have never gone or thought about." She shrugged though looking at the boy. "Come on... think about it you can be a cool jedi with us. We have cakes and robes."

[member="Nami Perl"] "I'm not one for robes." He said, gesturing to his armor and smiling softly. "I'm definitely up for cakes, though~" He grinned as his stomach growled

"Well then sweetie we'll just have to get you some cakes now won't we." She said it and raised her eyebrows watching him and the other two. "I am going to take him to get something to eat masters [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] and [member="Jyoti Nooran"]. We'll see what he can do."

Nami looked at him and was leading the way towards the mess hall. her eyes going around and she slowed down enough to keep her arm around his shoulder. "So come on new guy, what say I get you some Jello.... or something. I don't know we have plenty of food thanks to Master Yeoh who is one of our cooks."

[member="Nami Perl"]

His cheeks flushed when she put an arm around him, his stomach growling when he heard who the cook was. He was no stranger to her culinary expertise, and would have given it a top rating if that oddly erotic blood drinking hadn't happened.

So like Alyisa was walking through the temple. Well she did have a direction. Her stomach was grumbling and she was heading to the mess hall. There, going to the hall way was a random encounter. Or was it so random? Some say there is a whole fate thing driven by the Force. Alyisa had a hard time seeing that view of the Force.

“Hay Thar Okuro”, the Blond Corellian managed to say while chomping down on a piece of gum. “So who is your friend here”, still being relatively new herself she had not met Nami Perl yet.

[member="Okuro_Ishimoto"] [member="Nami Perl"]

Out Of Character: There, sorry had to fix my post a little to make sense and all.

"I'm a little hungry. Then again I never ate meals specifically made by Master Yeoh"

[member="Nami Perl"] mentioning [member="Wu Yeoh"] directly in front of [member="Okuro_Ishimoto"] as being a cook was perhaps a little difficult for Jessica to understand, but perhaps it was a consolation prize for Okuro not receiving a definitive answer regarding his file. Then again, her body was perhaps running a little low on energy because using the computational power in the way she typically does it was, in fact, consuming her body's energy much faster than if she was mentally at rest. Of course, not as fast as if she was intensively training in Art of Movement, but it was nonetheless draining. And she knew that painkillers were not recommended in this situation, so she feels compelled to follow the other two. With that said, she could still tell that Okuro was enamored of Wu's cooking, and maybe, just this once, sample it for herself. Plus she knew that she guzzled sweets since she also knew how fast her brain ate through that stuff - that's the physiological cost of her computational power. Maybe some food will help me get past that pile of nonsensical junk Okuro just exposed me to: a suspect backstory and a suspicious lack of critical thinking skills, she thought, while staying behind Nami.

[member="Okuro_Ishimoto"] [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] [member="Alyisa Mithel"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Hmmm it looked like there was a new plan happening.. a whole new things when Nami looked at Okuro who she could feel both under her arm and with her secret not so secret zeltron powers. "Come on don't look like that... want to have some fun don't you while you wait and oh my." She looked up seeing Jessica and Alyisa were coming to join them... well the blonde was maybe she seemed hungry and Nami offered a grin on her face. "Hello care to join us for some food?" She was looking then to Jessica and Jyoti who might have some more questions maybe. "Of course please masters, food is one fo the best times to get information... his guard wil be down and you can take it away if he doesn't answer properly."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom