Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resolved Regards invasion by consent mandate

John Locke John Locke

As mentioned on discord. The new mandate that prevents you being invaded without your consent while your faction slowly contracts is interesting.

But with the removal of RPJs and staff judgements over invasions, my understanding is that all invasions had to be done my mutual agreement already now.

Does this new mandate technically do anything regards stopping invasions you didn't consent to?

Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana

I've moved this to the question and suggestion forum.

I can see where the confusion is with this topic.

RPJs are no longer involved in judging invasions it's true, as a result the result of invasions are meant to be decided by the faction owners and their staff teams working together. However, that doesn't mean that invasions only happen by agreement. Faction A can choose to declare an invasion on Faction without Faction B agreeing to be invaded. All they need to do is to work together on the result. As it happens most factions discuss invasions beforehand, and they come to an agreement about locations and limitations. This however isn't required by the rules. Faction A doesn't need to get Faction B's permission to invade.

The new mandate means Faction B can't be invaded unless they agree, but their faction cloud will shrink month by month as a consequence. So, there is a cost for the ability to deny the invasion element of the map game.

Does that seem clearer?

It’s probably not as clear because contextually things can change, for example scheduling the start of an invasion.

While not as brutishly enforced, if factions are just stampeding, Staff can and has intervened to make sure people’s time is being respected.

That’s probably where you’re getting the concern of “consent”. Both the answer and the question are correct, depending on the context of the situation. It gets muddied fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom