Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regarding Alts

I'm sure the title is a bit vague, I couldn't think of a way to phrase it in three words or less, but this has more to do with the development of this character.. before it is officially created. Lisette is intended to be a clone of [member="Silara Vantai"], whom will be grown via the Marketplace-purchased service with [member="Arielle K'ntarr"]. I suppose the question I am really looking for an answer to is:

Can I be involved in this thread with both myself(Lisette) and my other character(Silara)?

The only time having the two character involved might be talked about is if they are tag teaming a person in PvP or you are using them to get restricted materials. Other then that... go crazy and have fun.

Ayden Cater said:
[member="Lisette Vantai"]

Why not? There's nothing in the rules that says two of your characters can't interact with one another.
It's a bit of paranoia from a few other communities that I've done role-playing that restricted alt-interaction (usually completely banned it), so I wanted to make sure it wasn't an unspoken rule. Thank you for the quick response, I appreciate it.

[member="Lisette Vantai"]

Of course. That's why we're here.

The only reason having two characters interact with each other would be looked upon with suspicion and disapproval would be in the case where Character A is in Faction A, Character B is in Faction B, and one is passing secrets to the other.

Other than that, you're free to have your characters interact with one another as little or as much as you like.

I personally do frown upon it. I would much rather players interact with each other than themselves.

However, this motley crew is correct. We're pretty good at knowing when people are being shady and attempting to skirt around rules. Don't be shady and you'll be fine.

[member="Kezeroth the Hateful"] [member="Tefka"]
This is a thread that starts with (assuming [member="Cira"] wants to do it this way, if not it will be with just Silara) the process of the clone being grown, and then Lisette (the clone) being introduced to Silara (whom is purchasing her from the Rythana cloning labs as a daughter-figure clone of herself). It's the basis of this character's existence, and the two characters meeting is inevitable.

I'm down for that thread--

Also, with as many chars as I have... Trust me, they've interacted a lot! XD

Most of them started as established NPCs that got a life of their own. Now they are pc's.

I've alts that are friends,family, nemesis, and aliases of others.

When this question pops up, it's simple to resolve. Ask yourself: "Does this interaction give my characters an unfair advantage, compared to those who don't interact with their alts?" If it doesn't, then don't worry about it. Autogenic (can I use that word here? It sort of makes sense) development is hardly something to be readily dismissed without considering the context.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom