Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red Sun over Ryloth (RP-Interest Check)

As per the Collective's focus on RP over just doing something without stable build up, the idea to do an open RP thread involving the main story for the planet rather than a closed one.

Anyways, onto the RP idea.

Red Sun over Ryloth
illusive_man_renegade_by_1nfiltrait0rn7-d56zjhj.jpg
The Story:
So, the story is rather simple for the star wars universe, especially involving the fact that the planet is Ryloth, but some might be unfamiliar with the actions taken by the former CIS government that controlled the system in Chaos Canon. During their rule, the planet had been improved industrially and the slave trade was all but wiped out, replacing the world's slave economy with a booming industrial one. But as history has repeated itself for thousands of years, the world soon fell into its old strides when the protection of the CIS vanished after their fall (Which at the time was named the Techno Union)​
Now with a bit of background info out of the way, that is the basis for this thread or series of threads depending on how people feel and the interest gained for the idea. Ryloth has been left alone and without someone to help it for nearly six years IC time, considering the damage done during the days of the Rebel Alliance and the fall of the old CIS entity, this means that it, as stated above, was left open for reinstitution of a slave trade and corrupt individuals soon seized control of most of the facets of government. Thus creating a more or less state-funded slavery ring that is making up for lost profits with large amounts of shipments.​
The name of the group of slavers who are shouldering this increase is named the Red Suns. They would be the main antagonist of this thread, and can provide criminal characters an in, so to allow PC on PC opposition if anyone so chooses.​
Keep in mind, this will not be massive fleet on fleet, army on army engagements. The Collective does not have the forces capable of doing this, and i ask other groups not bring private armies to turn this RP based thread into a warzone. There is the omega event for that, personal dominions, and skirmish threads for that. This will be more resistance movement like as well as handle more dirty handed methods such as what could be considered terrorism and assassinations by the corrupted government. Remember, taking part in this does not make you the good guy or bad guy no matter what side you are on... (ok maybe the bad guy if you are a slaver) instead it is meant to provide a realist view of intervention on a world corrupted and being used for the gain of slavers.​
So thats the gist of it. Ideas, questions, and otherwise are always welcome.​
And because this thread is part of the Collective's storyline, im dropping a thread to our advertisement here.​

[member="Jessica Med-Beq"]

Happy to have their involvement, but this really isnt a business or army focus so im confused as to why they would care. Unless they would care about helping the slaver side as it would be a much more profitable side to be on.

[member="Jessica Med-Beq"]

That does not matter... this is an IC thread, It is not about the map game.

Anyways.

[member="Lysle of the Hydian Way"]

Yaaa... thought of that cool picture from Mass Effect and wanted to use it somehow, so that's how i got the name.

[member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]

I don't know, why would a pink dark jedi twilek with a pretty important artifact who used to be a jedi want to come help out a planet of twileks. It seems far fetched.

(Happy to have you join in if you so choose. Might take a few days because of the event for this to start up, so i hope that interest remains later on.)

[member="Solan Charr"]

Mind if I drop in?

Development-wise, there's that softer side to Nabrina that warms up on the topic of her people or her homeworld. She genuinely hates to see them at the mercy of off-worlders.*

* The catch is that while she truly disdains the current state of affairs the Twi'leks find themselves in, her alternative is a dystopian, Darwinian and chauvinistic society that takes the Rule of Two to an extreme.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Solan Charr"]

I was talking to Sio few days ago and we decided it would be hilarious for her to levitate a coffin into battle, HK would jump out of it and go "WHAT IS UP, BITCHES!" so we found a thread and did just that. So I'll be around for few days but in between college and work, I'll probably disappear again or just make an appearance from time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom