Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red Flag

Yuroic had remained silent for most of this discussion, letting the council take its initial thoughts and ideas in going forward. Then there was talk from other high ranking members, Yuroic understood where most were coming from. Valkren was talking on how putting in only a little support is not enough, either the Order did nothing and let the danger grow or they jumped in full force. That was what Yuroic got from the soldier, it was an opinion Yuroic once believed in and if he hadn't taken his spice and drink, one he would feel himself call for deep within.

Allyson was another that wanted to devote their forces strongly against the Sith Empire. This talk was all on one faction, a dangerous, dark side faction. The problem was there were more than just the Sith to worry about. The First Order was another faction that they should be cautious of, the dark side faction had only one opponent, the Galactic Alliance. The former large faction which was now splintered. This lack of opposition meams they could have a burst of productivity and expansion of their territory.

Standing, Yuroic looked at each member here. "While we need to face the Sith Empire face on." Yuroic paused, memories washed over him, Mirial was a disasterous attack, losing so many. His old Master, Arisa, he was never the same either. Phantom pains of his arm lost panged in his right arm. "We need to consider the First Order as well. While further away, they are still a credible threat that could attack our rear if we solely focus on the Sith Empire." Yuroic eyes looked down.

"Our last attempts in being proactive ended in large numbers of lost life. One of those lives was Arisa, we need to make sure we are not the only faction moving against the Sith. Supporting the rebels is a good move but we need allies prepared to strike at the Sith as well, or support us with troops." Yuroic stated before sitting down once more.

Josh blinked a few times at some of the responses. When he had said they should back the rebels, he had been under the assumption they would be sending their own out to help fight, not just backing them financially. Thus the bit about outing themselves as immediate threats to the Sith Empire. Sure, financing them could help them, but what they really needed was help to win these battles. But they also needed to, if they did that, prepare for the inevitable attack that would come even sooner than planned. It would come no matter what but it would come sooner. They also had to be careful not to stretch themselves too thin. They'd already seen the consequences of that in the last major conflict. Which was why he hadn't suggested right away that they should just attack the Sith head on. He had considered it, yes, but he wanted to see what options were available before bringing the motion forward.

It seemed that he didn't need to.

"I agree that we need to bring the fight to the Sith" Josh would clarify calmly once the others - including the Grandmaster - had spoken. "But I do feel we need to approach this with caution, consider all possibilities, consider all options. Yuroic is right in that we need allies, and that the First Order is lurking. We have already been outnumbered and attacked from multiple sides once. We lost a great many people as a result. This is not something that we can undertake alone. And I refuse to allow mass casualties of civilians and our own troops should we make a foolish decision.

Make no mistake on what I am saying. The Sith will attack us. It could be sooner, it could be later. Odds are it will be sooner if we attack first. But what I am positive about, is that regardless of our actions... They will attack us. I am not saying we should not attack. I am saying that we need to go in with a plan, and we need to be ready for them when they come. We cannot approach this with inaction, we cannot afford to sit on our arses and hope for the best, but we also cannot approach this with haste. "

He was calm, collected, maybe even a little dry but starting to use his head a little more again. When focused enough, he had temporary reprieve from his demons just enough to focus on the task at hand, and use his logic to the best of his abilities. But it would not last. He knew it would not last. He would leave this room and return to being what some may call a broken man. But for now... He was here to do his job.

"We also need to start considering, once the "what" is thrown out for what we need to do... What the "how" will be."

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"] - [member="Jyoti Nooran"] - [member="Allyson Locke"] - [member="John Locke"] - [member="Matsu Ike"] - [member="Valae Kitra"] - [member="Sentus Olan"] - [member="Valkren Calderon"]

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
Matsu listened and she watched all of the interaction. Thoughts swirling when she spoke with a look at them. "There is something else to consider, something we have experienced and seen done. Sadly we must look at some governments around us. We have seen when the sith are being attacked suddenly the mandalorians stir and jump at the ones who are distracted. The Mandalorian empire might be in the midst of infighting but nothing seems to stir them towards a common goal then a vulnerable group they can go after. Their honor is very simple now, simple and twisted. They no longer seek the strongest fighters, they don't value a challenge. They want the ease of the fight they can walk through and claim victory. If we aid the rebellions, if we attack the sith. We could end up with them suddenly having a surge of allies attacking us where we will have moved resources.... and there will always be their constant propaganda machine. Never have I sen so little truth believed by so many."

Jyoti sat back quietly and listened to everyone give their assessment of the situation. As expected, there was a wide range of opinions that hit across the spectrum. What everyone did seem to be in agreement about was that they needed to do something.

She felt a small pang as Yuroic brought up her "death", a reminder of her failures as Grandmaster.

She was determined to do better this time around.

"I just want to make something clear," she said, finally breaking her silence. "The question that's really being asked is if we work with the emergent Rebel groups popping up in and around Sith Space. I don't think it's wise to strike out against them in full force on our own. As others have pointed out, The First Order still remains a looming threat, and we have the Mandalorians to deal with on our borders. And that's on top of having to pick up the slack from the Galactic Republic and the Galactic Alliance."

She looked over at Valae. "With that said, I think it would be a good idea to support the Rebels on an ad hoc basis. We are being presented with a prime opportunity to chip away at the Sith war machine and keep them focused inward as we continue to build up our strength for the inevitable conflict with them. However, we definitely need to research each group we look to support to see if they align with our values as Jedi. Several groups operating against the SE, like the League of Voss, are vile terrorist organizations no better than the SIth they fight."

"Before we even consider taking more direct action against the Sith, we need to shore up our alliances and try to make peace with the CSA. The Republic and Alliance still both exist, in a form, so it would be a good idea to make contact with them. We also need to grow tighter with our closest allies, the Confederacy. More joint activities would be advisable."

She wanted to stay in the good graces of the CIS, but she kept her real reasoning for doing so to herself. The CIS offered an alternative path for Sith and other Dark Siders, which she found just as potent as any Jedi army. She wanted to strike the Sith Empire on all levels with a mix of hard and soft power.

"In the short term, I have increased our patrols within the Core Regions to keep the area stabilized. I've been hearing about some new organizations rising to take the place of the GA, like the Trade Federation. It may be a good idea to look more closely into this and see if we can't help stitch some kind of coalition together between the Core systems."

[member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Valae Kitra"] [member="John Locke"] [member="Valkren Calderon"] [member="Gir Quee"] [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] [member="Allyson Locke"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Sentus Olan"] [member="Matsu Ike"]

Allyson felt proud of herself, she spoke as clear as she could, and she represented herself well for the most part. Today marked her first step towards no longer being a grunt in the grand scheme of things. There was a pleased slight smile on her face as she listened to the others, the concern for the First Order came up along with the reminder of the Mandalorian Empire. Remembering a small mission, she did undercover, she had fed information about a minor uprising – though it seemed that had fallen through.

Was the Mandalorian Empire stronger than they had expected or was it just better influence from their leader? Allyson would have to convince her handler of letting her enter that realm or even the First Order. Espionage as a wonderful tool, but she couldn’t spill everything here in the meeting. The reminder of Raaf’s betrayal hung on everyone’s minds. Could there be someone like that here in this room? Pressing her lips together she shook her head slightly as she spoke to herself. The Silver Order was smarter than that along with the Rangers.

Still, her information remained sealed between her and her Commander. Arms folded over her chest as Yuroic brought the cold reminder of Arisa’s death. Allyson’s body tensed as she remembered hearing the news, she even felt something that day – something she never wanted to feel again. The Corellian kept her composure as she did her best to return to a somewhat relaxed state.

“What the Alliance did wrong was that it depended wholly on themselves. They never asked for help until it was too late. Looking into the splitter groups, like what the General is saying or well asking. Is a good idea.” Allyson relaxed a bit more and rested a hand on her chin. “The Sith Governments and the Mandalorians work together, I’ve seen Mandalorians in the ranks of the Sith during ground combat when I worked with the Alliance. We need to become a united front, not just within the Silver Order and the Rangers – but with the splinters of the Alliance, the Rebels that are coming up that need help.”

Shrugging, Allyson was already formulating her own moves that she would suggest in private for her own missions. “As easy as it sounds, we need to just work together. The Republic did it when they fought back the Sith on Korriban and on Kaas– there’s no reason why we can’t do it now.” Allyson had brushed up on her history oddly enough – dusting her arms off she was wondering if a certain Jedi was rubbing off on her or a little padawan who was trying to get quizzed on Modern Republic History wouldn’t leave her alone. Either way, she had some information that was helpful.

[member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Valae Kitra"] [member="John Locke"] [member="Valkren Calderon"] [member="Gir Quee"] [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Sentus Olan"] [member="Matsu Ike"]

John shook his head as he listened to his Cousin speak, metallic fingers tapping on the hard surface of the table idly as he listened. "It's easy to say we need to present a united front, but in practice, it's a lot harder than that to pull off." Tapping his datapad the man sent a command to the system, a holographic map of the galaxy appearing above their heads, the faction's territories blocked out in bold colours. "With the fall of the GA we lack any kind of central unifying body. You have us, you have the Republic Remnants, the Rebels, the Confederacy all pursuing our own agendas. While I agree it's important to try to provide a united front, we have to face the first and foremost problem with how this would run, who would be in charge?"

Standing the man gestured at the map, "I've heard people say we could construct a system of loose alliances, of people coming to one another's aid, but that's not really going to help us to provide the kind of solid battlefront that we need. Someone needs to be able to coordinate our attacks and our defence. We can leave that to the local commanders, but they might always know the best way to deploy our assets. Do we know the best way to deploy theirs? Someone needs to step into the void left, to step up as the uniting force, and that could be us, that could be someone else but whoever it is, they need to be able to command the respect of all these disparate factions and be able to get them all running in the same line. Otherwise, we're always going to have a piecemeal defence that the Sith and the First Order will be able to exploit. If we want to stop their advances then we need to construct such a solid alliance that they know that facing one of us is a losing proposal, and then we can start focusing on turning the tide against them"

[member="Josh DragonsFlame"] | [member="Valae Kitra"] | [member="Allyson Locke"] | [member="Valkren Calderon"] | [member="Gir Quee"] | [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] | [member="Jyoti Nooran"] | [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] | [member="Sentus Olan"] | [member="Matsu Ike"]

"I can see why it was recommended. Playing the pincer is a part of what led the Galactic Republic to victory against the Sith Empire. And in turn part of why we ended up here on Kashyyyk when the Sith used similar tactics. But if we were to take that a step further, and to have a permanent loose alliance of factions..." Josh would trail off, scratching his beard as he would consider best how to approach this. "This might not only allow us to win this as well as defend ourselves, but give all factions involved time to build up and grow. It's beneficial for all parties. If nobody is willing to attack us or risk the attention of the alliance as a whole, everyone involved is able to be left to their own devices a bit and have some breathing room. Security. That's what it provides. Security. So long as we curb in-fighting, anyway."

"But... That's the problem, as Mr. Locke has indicated. Constructing and maintaining said alliance is far easier said than done. But that is where my expertise draws to a close on the matter" He spoke. "I am not a politician. I wouldn't know where to begin when it comes to the deal of who's in charge, who does what, you get the idea" Josh would admit, with a sigh.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"] - [member="Jyoti Nooran"] - [member="Allyson Locke"] - [member="John Locke"] - [member="Matsu Ike"] - [member="Valae Kitra"] - [member="Sentus Olan"] - [member="Valkren Calderon"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom