Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Recusing Myself As Admin Pt. 3

I understand Staff and the community will think, collectively, "why even have a poll/discussion" if I was just going to do it anyways. Well, as I always tell you, the part where we discuss things matters. The discussion itself and the energy that takes, that's what we do. We have the conversation.

But also, I promised I'd abide by a Staff vote on the removal of the rule. I did, the rule stays in place. I am recusing myself from the position of Administrator to the position of "Creative Consultant" to the SWRP Staff Team.

As I harken back to the November of 2017, nearly six years on the dot since last time I did this, I'll just let Past Tef explain the rest.

Its always tough to do this, because my position OOC is possibly the most precarious to juggle with IC. Its always been the answer to "why dont you rp more", for those who always seem interested. Its tough, because I make it tough, because I treat it as seriously as I can.

We currently have a rule in effect - no one on Staff can be a FO of a Major Faction. This rule wasnt active last year when I did this, yet I recused myself then. I'm seeking to do the same now.

This means I will no longer be involved in rule changes or other discussions among Staff. Valiens will resume his position as Head Administrator, and my involvement with Staff will be reduced to server issues only. I will not be involved in matters, but Admins will still need to come to me for advice on administrative tasking - though this will hopefully be few and far between.

Yeah, I still own the place. I can't go too far, and it'll always look like I'm just making my own rules. But this is my attempt to be transparent with my intent. It was suggested that I let someone else be FO and I be FA of the faction, which is allowed. I do not feel like that would be transparent. I feel like that would be underhanded in intent, and this community would spot it from a mile away, because you guys are not stupid.

Intents everything. I've outlined mine, I'm recusing myself from Staff, and I'll see ya'll IC.

skin, bone, and arrogance
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom