Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resolved Rebellion Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rules about what happens when two Major Factions dom the same hex within 24 hours and then one needs to rebel the other so it's decided who gets the hex are not part of the written rules, leading to a lot of "unwritten rules" questions and people saying what they know. If my memory serves right, the upcoming Republic-Imperium rebellion is the third one of its kind from the last year. Could we please have this bit added to the rules?

Second question, for these kind of rebellions, can Minor Factions also jump in as they can with "normal" rebellions?

Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter

Second question is yes, it's a normal rebellion, it's just got a "unique" addition.

First question:

REBELLIONS
  • The third Dominion submitted by a Major Faction in a calendar month is vulnerable to Rebellions (see Rebellion Rules).
  • If two Major Factions submit completed Dominions for the same hex within 24 hours, and both are approved, a Rebellion (see Rebellion Rules) will begin in that hex.

This is from:
https://starwarsrp.net/ams/faction-war.2911/?article_page=11

I don't think I fully understand your question. One doesn't "rebel" the other. Only minor factions can start rebellions - in the case of two factions domming the other, one Major Faction is not "rebelling" the other. A Rebellion just simply begins, bringing all the rules with it, in that hex.

It doesn't matter who "starts" the rebellion. They're just the first one that posted in it. That Rebellion was already going to happen, regardless.

The only unwritten rule I'm aware of that happened in this latest one, and will be allowed in subsequent ones, is a debate of how long people can have until it starts. To me, this is a gesture of sympathy from Staff, and an act of cooperation between Major Factions. It's voluntary and doesn't serve to act in place of any rules, but to expand the interest of all parties involved for convenience.

The rules say the Rebellion immediately
happens, of that there's no question. "When both are approved in 24 hours, a Rebellion starts." That's simple.

Staff has allowed leeway in the past, and we'll allow leeway in the future, as long as the two Major Faction leaders agree. That's the unwritten rule - we've allowed these little unwritten rules in all things Chaos, and we'll continue to do so, as long as Major Faction Leaders can agree, get along, and have a good time with their members.

If they don't, Staff will stick to the letter of the law.

How many factions are allowed at once in a single rebellion? Since we're asking the good questions.

Any other Minor Faction may join the Rebellion by posting their intention in the same thread.

Reference:
Faction War > Rebellion Rules

In that case, if other Minor Factions join, can they keep the hex out of the Major Factions' hands, or do they just pad the post count?

A Rebellion is exactly that - a way to empower Minor Factions. So yes, they can keep the hex out of Major Faction's hands. Rebellions were created to become spontaneous battle royales.

Hell, they could even win it and become a Major.

But when one Minor creates a Rebellion, it opens the door for every other Minor to join - and they don't have to all work together. They might fight each other, they might ally against the assumed-to-be stronger Major Faction, or they might just cause Chaos.

Minors won't ever pad the post count in a Rebellion. They'll all be judged by the RPJ's, and the faction owners will be informed if they won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom