Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reasons to Target Capital Planets?

Yeah, I've heard all we need to hear on this subject. I like the out of the box thinking, but I hate the idea. We're introducing enough rules right now with Rebellions. Our job for the time being is to watch them and make sure our rules aren't breaking - and if they are, to start plugging the loopholes.

You can change direction and call these consequences as much as you'd like, but they are still incentives at the end of the day. And Staff will not provide incentives to attack Capital planets. The One Sith did it without incentives and it was absolutely devastating, like a member in this thread has already said.

Any measure put up by a Staff member to alter Capital Planet rules in a way that would benefit a faction attacking it would be swiftly vetoed.

Honestly, having been a FO of a faction that lost its capital and participated in the fight, there's not really much need for an attacking faction to have more incentive. It's a hard fight and as Tef said, cap invasions are a deterrent, not an incentive. If you want a negative for the defender losing and a positive for the attacker winning, it's right there with what it is.

The attacker gets bragging rights by sacking the capital planet. The loser has to deal with having lost the heart of their faction's map presence. Morale is a thing, even for a writing community. Losing a capital can be and is generally very demoralizing for the losing faction. A demoralized faction has the possibility of slowing down, stagnating, and dying out as people move away from the faction, lose the urge to write those characters, decide not to continue to engage in PvP writing, or even abandon ship expecting the faction to flounder and sink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom