Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ready for Masterhood?

Caedyn Arenais

C
So after receiving some positive feedback from Jand Talo Jand Talo , I've decided to put it out there to those who might have seen Caedyn in action over the years.

I've purposely kept Caedyn Arenais as a Jedi Knight for what I feel is a longer period than I typically would have. For a while now I've been considering his future as a Jedi and the role of masterhood but haven't been certain when he would be ready for the step up.

I'm curious to know how Caedyn is perceived as a Jedi on the board by other writers and their characters. My decision to promote him won't be solely based on the opinions of others but it would be helpful to know whether his progression has been notable and significant, or otherwise.

ɴᴀɢᴀɪ ᴡᴀʀʀɪᴏʀ
My interactions of late, over the last month or so, compared to previous interactions (when he was younger, I believe a new Knight?) have let me see a development in him. Recently his methods have been more experienced, his approach to things more measured and considered, and his advice has transitioned into that mentorship perspective in tone and guidance.

And given his IC history as a fairly long-established Knight, I'd say he's on the doorstep of masterhood.

Do it.

Ascend and make his father proud.

OOC: I would say do what feels comfortable for you and if you see yourself looking at Caedyn as more a Master type. I always think a writer knows before everyone else what is right for their characters

IC: Caedyn is a big poodoo head for abandoning his pregnant gf, whose my sister, so I forever judge you as unworthy!

(Thought it be fun to tease, always do what is right for you dude and you are a great writer and look forward to see Caedyn as a Master.)

I take ranks a sort of a milestone a character achieves after solving a certain character-changing problem of his. Easier to explain with a quick example: I Knighted Dagon when he had succeeded in combating his temptation for the dark side. My masterhood would be after successfully knighting a padawan and thus growing from a more solo sentinel dude who had issues trusting others into a capable mentor figure by finally being able to put trust into his padawans more.

I hope this helps.

Caedyn Arenais

C
I take ranks a sort of a milestone a character achieves after solving a certain character-changing problem of his. Easier to explain with a quick example: I Knighted Dagon when he had succeeded in combating his temptation for the dark side. My masterhood would be after successfully knighting a padawan and thus growing from a more solo sentinel dude who had issues trusting others into a capable mentor figure by finally being able to put trust into his padawans more.

I hope this helps.

Yeah I totally agree with this, and Caedyn has hit a number of milestones in the past but I haven't yet had anything significant enough that I've felt worthy enough of the promotion. What I was hoping to gain from this feedback was precisely that, seeing where other Jedi writers see Caedyn today, in order to help but decide how close he might be in terms of progression and his accomplishments thus far.

The decision to go for it would not be made on a whim but another big event occurs before making the jump. I do however feel that, in order for myself to be certain of the promotion, his peers or other notable Jedi in the Order would support it. It might sound silly, but I don't want to make the choice without there being true justification behind it.

Yeah I totally agree with this, and Caedyn has hit a number of milestones in the past but I haven't yet had anything significant enough that I've felt worthy enough of the promotion. What I was hoping to gain from this feedback was precisely that, seeing where other Jedi writers see Caedyn today, in order to help but decide how close he might be in terms of progression and his accomplishments thus far.

The decision to go for it would not be made on a whim but another big event occurs before making the jump. I do however feel that, in order for myself to be certain of the promotion, his peers or other notable Jedi in the Order would support it. It might sound silly, but I don't want to make the choice without there being true justification behind it.

If you'd like, you can always hit me up and talk about what kinda milestones you still want to hit. Then I'd be more than willing to help you with the recognition from the Order and do something fun with it :) Like how we've got Knighting threads going now, something like that can be done for Masters as well if there's interest.

Caedyn Arenais

C
What does Caedyn think being a master means?

That's a good question actually. I think it's a milestone Caedyn would like to achieve as it would give him a sense of living up to his father's name, but this in itself isn't a good reason to achieve it.
I think it's more a case of what I want the character to achieve, rather. For Caedyn personally, he would be fine to remain a Jedi knight as it won't further enable him to serve or do anything more than he already is trying to do.

If you'd like, you can always hit me up and talk about what kinda milestones you still want to hit. Then I'd be more than willing to help you with the recognition from the Order and do something fun with it :) Like how we've got Knighting threads going now, something like that can be done for Masters as well if there's interest.

I had thought of you and faction staff when making this feedback thread and it would be good to discuss/explore options within the Galactic Alliance, absolutely.
I figured I'd make it open to as many as possible however given that he's still newer to the GA and served within multiple circles of Jedi and force users :)

Caedyn Arenais

C
Thanks, everyone for your input so far, it's been good to get some insight into how others see where Caedyn is today. This is a decision that I wasn't wanting to make entirely on my own as the Jedi of the Chaos Galaxy is naturally the focal point of Caedyn's story and his family. It's always good to get feedback and suggestions from others :)

Valery Noble Valery Noble and I are going to explore Materhood Trials to see if Caedyn is truly ready. These will challenge him with some long-time struggles he has had while Valery is kindly going to DM the thread for me. So good of her!

As for the future, I'm thinking Caedyn will begin to follow more of a Consular's path as he's been a Jedi Guardian all his life and focusing on Force Mastery & Theory as well as some new perspectives, values and ideologies that may come with this sounds like a very interesting route to take, meaning he will indeed grow as a character ahead. I don't see Masterhood as a stopping point for character progression at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom