Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rave raw hide

Harley after the fight at a gambling den, came across one of [member="Rave Merrill"] alchemised coats. She wanted armour built the same for her, rave was dead or missing though. So she needed another recreate his skill, there was such woman in The Panathan empire. She agreed to help her make the armour, so she got a dead terentatek brought to her from the beast hunter guild. This was brought to woman, with the coat as well.

As she approached [member="Enigma"], she bowed as sign of respect. She remembered her etiquette, as to forget brought on lighting bolts. They messed up her hair, and hurt like hell. She rose up and spoke, I brought the items, as you requested to make the armour. She stood to attention, she wanted to say joke or something to take edge of. Though she dared not yet, as she liked breathing.

[member="Shule Windspeaker"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Harley"]

The laboratory on board the yet-unnamed Cyracuse-class Drone Carrier Circe called home was not as extensive as some of her other facilities, such as the now-derelict one on Malachor V, or the storage lab for the Vinithi, but it was still particularly impressive nonetheless. And what was most interesting about the situation as it was had to be the fact that she was here, getting a Terentatek trenchcoat created for a younger member of the One Sith. Taking the skin, and moving to stretch it out as best she could, she paused, thinking about how best to formulate the creation.

"Here's the thing, Harley... We're going to require something a bit more intriguing than simply this." She smirked, considering the potential ramifications of how to best react to the development of this article of clothing. "We're going to have to work on the old splintmail design."

[member="Enigma"]

Splint mail, She said as face looked confused, she asked she was unsure what that was. Though she did not trust this woman, no one ever trust another sith. As sith were never that stupid, to completely trust a fellow sith. Though she need her help, she wanted armour so next time she fought she would not end up on death door. She waited for master to explain this concept to her, though she hoped she would not be bolted by lighting again.

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Harley"]

"Splintmail, yes." She paused, then quickly pulled out a holographic measuring device, placing it in between Harley's shoulders. The Sith would watch as a holographic representation of what appeared to be small metal strips conformed to Harley's body. Circe then took the device off, nodding as she examined the hologram. "A big issue with Terentatek clothing is that it bunches up. I'm going to give this a basic framework so it'll properly fit over your body and not sag. If we're fortunate, we may have some left over, maybe to make a pair of boots or gloves from."

She eyed over the pelt, thinking already of how she would have to cut it in order to make it fit Harley's body.

[member="Enigma"]

What type of metal, would we use my lord? Know she understood what splint mail was, she was intrigued if she would need to find more parts for this armour. She also still needed a master to server and train under, as the war would continue till one side was ended. She stood there, as the lord scanned her for new suit. She then had a look at holographic image of her, she never did like looking at herself though.

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Harley"]

"Likely durasteel. Alchemized, of course. We'll need to likely weave these form-fits into the hide to make sure that it maintains shape. I'll need to make them a bit bigger round so you can fit into them easily." She smiled, considering the other issues - the garment would provide a significant level of Force Resistance, though it would be best with the underlay.

"We should also try to smooth out your bust lines. Last thing we want is a sword led straight to your heart by a misshapen piece of metal."

[member="Enigma"]

​Yes my lord, that would be advantageous to me. She wanted to say good idea pudding, but sith lords seem not to like slang terms. So she refrained, as she did not like being bolted. She need to learn a lot, and hopefully she might start to learn from this sith lord. She knew this woman had influence, she also she had respect. She also liked how she thought about her survival, when creating her armour.

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Harley"]

"It's the principle of rigid-hulling. The same sort of thing airships occasionally use. The framework underneath will protect from shock - air is the best form of protection against concussive force." She had learned such as an engineer, and while it wasn't applicable to spaceframe designs, it was applicable regarding anything in an atmosphere. With luck, it would all work out.

"Any specifics you'd like?"

[member="Enigma"]

Hmmm I am not sure? She only cared about the idea, she was not going to be subjected to the whims of force users. The rest would be gravy, as her old gang members would say. It was weird, they use to be her world known they would be regarded as nothing. She had suppased them, on almost every level she could think of. Though she still missed her old gang, and the way they teamed up together to take down the csf. There again the way then they ran the works, is the way the sith run an empire.

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Harley"]

And so the work began. Initially, Circe took a modest-sized piece of durasteel, first putting it through a series of rollers to further densify the metal. One the metal was at a proper thickness for what she intended to do with it, she had a machine cut out the specific parts, bending the strips of metal into the proper curves and welding them into rings(or not, assuming they went over the shoulders). Once they were done, a specific chemical composition would be what the pieces were dipped in, as Circe chanted "Na'at uthul, grax sevoka veretol. Charric isojontu naruse," the alchemical mixture soaking into the metal with a tainted Dark Side twist.

"Alright... Now I'm going to need your help with this. Take that hide and put it over the holographic image. I want you to cut it according to this template."

[member="Enigma"]

Harley nodded, as she took the hide to the work bench. She laid it out flat as she could, and then turned on holoprojector. She then took the plasma scalpel, and placed it carefully on the starting position of the hide. She then turned it on, and watched as it slowly cut into the hide. Once it was through, she slowly began to move the scalpel across the hide cutting out each shape. The process was slow and laborious, her arms were aching after each segment was cut. As she had cut the hide slowly, to make sure each part was exact to holographic image imprinted on it. The process of cutting it, took her most of the day. As she had keep stopping after each segment, to rest her arms. Once she was finally finished, she took the parts over to alchemist. It is done my lord She told her, she kept her slang out of it so not to offend sith lord. As she found out with one her previous masters, they don't like it.

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Harley"]

"Excellent." She smiled, giving a soft grin as she eyed over the perfectly cut pieces of terentatek hide. "Alright, now I want you to take the fabric and fit it over the metal as the hologram showcases. Then sew the leather together perfectly. We'll then see what scraps we have left. Maybe we can make something else out of them." Probably a pair of gloves or the like.

[member="Enigma"]

Haley nodded, though she did think to herself I never thought I would be a seamstress, oh well what I ever I have to do. She then took pieces over to the metal frame, and began laying them out over it. As two pieces met, she then began stitching them together. She started to find it quite therapeutic, which was weird very weird indeed. She began to make sure each stitch was close together and tight. She made sure the was no loose ends, by tying them up and melting them slightly. This process took her most of day to do, and she never been so relaxed. She may found a new hobby, who would of thought it.

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Harley"]

"Good job, Harley." She smiled. "I have to applaud the way you burnt the edges together before sewing the hide over it. That should help reinforce the structural stability of the trenchcoat. Now, you just need to rivet the leather to the metal and dip the entire duster into the bath one more time. Make sure you don't miss any of the edges while you do this, otherwise it won't be as sturdy as the rest of the garment."

[member="Enigma"]

She nodded her head, as she picked the rivet gun. It used a battery powered compressed air, to cause a vacuum behind the rivet to compress it. She placed the rivets in the gun, and began riveting the metal to the hide. The holes for the rivets had been pre-drilled, so it was just matter of keeping the hide tight, as she riveted each part in. She then went over, made sure she had not missed a single rivet hole. Then she took over to bath, as she had been instructed, and the put the garment in. Then turned to woman and asked How long should we leave it in to the bath, my lord? She asked politely and respectfully, out fear of being electrocuted if she did not remember her manners.

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Harley"]

"It's your construct. You choose. I will tell you that it'll be more powerful and more Dark Side-enhancing the more you leave it in the mixture, but the hide itself may be affected due to oversaturation. Maybe a little usage of resin or the like would help seal in the alchemical liquid, in the event that you wanted to go through that route, but remember, it'll also make the item significantly heavier." At least, if Circe remembered how wet items weighed more than dry ones.

[member="Enigma"]

She nodded and understood, well sort off, just enough to realise she had time this. She kept hold of garment and kept pulling it every so often, to make sure it did not become too heavy. As she did not want to get pulled in to dark liquid, though she did wonder what effect would be. After awhile it was becoming heavy, she then pulled it out. As she did it dripped everywhere, as the excess liquid poured of it, and dripped back into the tub as it did. She then hung it up to dry above the tub, this take a day to do. She then asked her benefactor, Is there anything else I can do? She knew this help would come at a price, know she find out what it was.

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Harley"]

"Well, tell me a bit more about yourself." She smiled. "We've been working on this project here for so long that I hardly know anything about you. Feel free to relax. The last thing we need is for more tension now..." She thought for a moment about the woman's unnatural facial color. That of course as well as the blonde hair and significant amounts of black eyeliner. "I'm just trying to understand you, Harley."

[member="Enigma"]

Erm there's not much to tell, I don't know who my dad is. My mum was some whore, on coruscant. Her voice was of disdain, when she talked about her mum. Most people I grew up with are now dead, with that fether of darth banshee purging the gangs form the works. She then went on to explain how they died, I use to be part gang called the won't works, until she destroyed them. She then explained what happened next, I was captured during her purge, then when in imprison they discovered I was force sensitive, and put me under the tutelage or another sith knight. Who died in the war, so I was left masterless again. She was not sure which aspect of her life to talk about, as she had heard the sith sometimes use thing to leverage on you.

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Harley"]

"Makes sense." She nodded. "What's with the getup? I don't see any typical Sith or whatnot who dress in this sort of attire, and while Sith females do often wear outfits that are quite provocative, your seems a bit more eccentric even than that, if not more modest. Tell me more about your distinct stylization."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom