Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Raise your Glass

After what felt like months or even years of nothing but wars and battles, there was finally a lull. Not long after Jairdain had met Jax, they had agreed to go on a picnic of sorts, now it was actually going to happen. One condition was it needed to be done on Commenor. Just in case there was some sort of emergency she needed to react to. It took a lot of convincing Jax to leave Coruscant but she had and now looked forward to the relaxing afternoon with him.

Having long since told him about her position with the former government on the world, she told him she now helped her son govern one of the states. It was on this estate where he would be meeting her. Then she would give him a tour of her state and they would share the picnic.

As per his custom, he had given her a gown he wanted to see her in. Putting this one, she did one thing differently and wore her hair down. She had never worn her hair up and had no desire to.

Making sure a basket had been prepared, she walked along a path to meet her lover.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

tumblr_pc0e7cUYVg1tovmb9o2_400.gifv

Equipment: Formal Clothing, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain
Tag: Jairdain Jairdain

Jaxon Thio once again in a suit.

The Jedi didn't like how it fit him it was too close to the skin, Jax could hardly breathe in this suit yet it's the only formal clothing he bought for himself. Jax wasn't the one to attend fancy parties that often, preferring to get drunk into hovel he called an apartment yet the past few years of fighting, meeting friends, and of course his relationship with Jairdain changed his perspective on life. Jax realized that he didn't want to die, there was so much to fight for. Even now Jax has a new padawan in Ivaline Ryiah that he was sure whom Jairdain will like. Waiting on the grassy fields, Jax's jaw nearly fell when he saw Jairdain approaching him wearing a wonderful dress that he bought for her before he fought at Sev Tok. The Jedi ran towards Jairdain kissing her all over while rubbing her exposed back. "Well what do you know," Jax whispered kissing her neck. "You do look beautiful in that dress."

He could have shown up wearing his skivvies and Jairdain wouldn't have known. As it was Jax was familiar with social customs and had worn something formal That hadn't been needed though. Perhaps, she could help him design some formal clothing he did like wearing.

It had seemed like a lifetime since Jairdain had last seen her lover. In reality, it really hadn't been that long. He still spent most of his time on Coruscant but it was clear to her, he liked his home there...for whatever reason. Any time she had visited, she had needed to do some serious cleaning. However, after one encounter too many with BB, the droid actually helped her clean. Once she left, it was resume being messy.

Most of their dates had been on Coruscant, but this time, she had put her foot down and insisted they have it on Commenor. Happy he had agreed to a day off to visit her home, she smiled as the picnic was prepared for them. Making sure there was going to be enough food and drink for the afternoon, this had delayed her for a few minutes and caused him to wait.

This wait did not seem to upset Jax and he rubbed her back as he kissed her. Returning what kisses she could, she smiled at him.

"Thank you for the gift of it. It fit perfectly."

Spinning around in place, she allowed him to look at it and held out the basket to him.

"Allow me to show you my home."

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Equipment: Formal Clothing, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain

Jax wasn't really happy to be away from Coruscant due to the fact he wanted to be close to where he worked. Jairdain hated the apartment and always made it known to Jax that she didn't like it. In fact the disagreement on where to live was the first time the two of them had an argument over with Jax siding with BB-12 about staying something that surprised BB and himself to be quite honest. But the old saying: Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn and Jairdain during one of their arguments broke Jax's Holotelevision with telekinesis which sent BB-12 in a rage to where Jax had to use his Lightsaber to subdue his droid from trying to attack Jairdain.

Jairdain did apologize to Jax and paid for to have the Holotv repaired but BB-12 damaged now was very depressed over the few days that Holotv was out of commission. Jax on the other hand felt that maybe he should visit the planet to see what it look like before making assumptions. At least Jairdain was wearing the dress that he bought her. "I'm glad," Jax said rubbing her exposed back with his hand. "Let's see your home Jair," grabbing the basket, Jax walked behind his lover wondering what the house looked like. He imagined it was big, Jairdain afterall had credits and earned more in a day than Jax in a whole year. The Jedi didn't mind though, it kept him out of the spotlight but Jairdain was humble and quiet which made her fly under the radar.

The accident with the holotelevision really hadn't been Jairdain's fault. Though of course, she had insisted on getting it fixed from her almost endless funds. You would have thought she had ended BB's life for a few days. Since then, there hadn't been any arguments between her and that droid. She and Jax had also been getting along and now they had the whole day, just the two of them.

When he took the basked from her, she started leading him to her official home on Commenor. In reality, she didn't think it was that large but to somebody that had only really known a small apartment, it would be.

It was a two-story home with grounds that covered acres. The State of Juniper was set in a valley and her home was far enough away from the nearby town to be one with nature. This was how Jairdain liked it and kept the grounds well maintained. Except for the forested area that was not part of her property but close enough to be seen from her home and its approach.

Since she really didn't plan to have him inside for long, the tour she provided was skimpy and soon enough she had taken him through and out the back into the garden. Here he would see paths leading in different directions but she was confident and secure in her steps.

"After we're done, I'll show you around more. Not until then though!"

Giving him a smile, she held onto his free arm and allowed him the chance to see what her house...or the outside of it offered. She honestly didn't think Jax would actually like being here since he already seemed to have his mind made up on where to live. If they were going to stay together, then they would have to come to some sort of agreement. Shaking this thought from her mind, she wanted to focus on today and not worry about tomorrow right now.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Equipment:
Formal Clothing, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain

"So this is your place?"

Jax looked around Jairdain's large apartment, and here he thought that Jedi were supposed to humble and all that chit. There were people like Master Jade advertising products on the Holonet and Jedi often bragging about having mansions to go to. Perhaps Jax got it twisted when he called himself a Jedi Maverick because it turned out compared to the Galactic Alliance, Jax has become more conservative then many of them and that's a scary thought. "I mean come on Jair," Jax forced a smile. "Show me around the house a bit."

The Jedi sighed. "Man more rich Jedi eh?" Jax said. "It's amazing how lax we've Jedi have become when it comes to material items." He shrugged. "Then again I guess this is the man who never knew his own parents. So maybe I'm descendant from some King."

As they walked through the first floor of the house, Jax stopped and asked to be shown more of the building. He was her guest and she didn't want to make him unwelcome. So she pointed out of the kitchen, which was the room they were currently in. There were doors leading to other parts of the home and she had him set the basket down on a counter.

"Alright. Come on. As you can see, this is the kitchen. That way is a living room and this way is a small hallway that leads to the upstairs and where the bedrooms are."

The kitchen was clean, spotless, and very organized. It was how Jairdain wanted it kept and she did this work herself. She might have been rich enough to have servants, but she didn't. This house was a home and there were no servants. Love and comfort were here along with happiness. There might also be a sense of sorrow but it was muted and quiet. Something that was slowly fading away.

Leading him into the living room, he would see several items to sit on and a cabinet that held alcohol for drinking. Hearing his comment about being rich, she shook her head a little.

"This was a part of my job here. When I worked on Commenor as the advisor to the Crown Prince. We were given a state in the world to govern. It's his job but I seem to take care of it more often, Oh sorry, Marcus is the one in charge here. Not the prince. He's been missing for many years but I know he's still alive somewhere."

Jairdain rarely spoke of her family with her lover. With him being in her home, she felt she should do this. So she did.

"If Marcus wanted me gone, he could easily make me leave. There are other places to live but I don't think he would do that to me."

Her house here was certainly the grandest she had. Jax might actually be surprised at how small her others were. If the chance ever came up, she would take him to them too. Wanting to see if he had any additional observations or comments, she didn't yet leave the living room.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Equipment:
Formal Clothing, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain

"So," Jax asked giving Jairdain's hand a small squeeze. "You're just what? Renting the place from Marcus?" The same way Jax was renting his apartment though it was much cheaper and Jax wasn't the most consistent person when it came to paying the rent. Echoes of the landlord's screaming for the rent played in his Jax's mind while he sighed.

"I mean," Jax shrugged. "They are family so don't be surprised if they say that you could stay here Jair." The Jedi smiled giving her a quick kiss on the cheek.

"I have to say," Jax said. "Your entire kitchen is cleaner than my whole apartment! I assume this was done by you? Can recognize the professionalism here. Especially when you clean my apartment on occasion."

Jairdain would often clean Jax's apartment mainly because she was annoyed of BB-12's Hutt like manners. She was also annoyed at Jax for failing to clean up as well. The Jedi would shrug though saying that he tried to clean it at first but with BB-12 often thrashing he eventually gave up and started to get used to the thrash. It came to the point where he placed stuff in unusual areas and got a little annoyed when Jairdain reorganized them.

"So what other houses you have?" he asked. "I mean you've told me about them before."

"Renting isn't the correct term, dear. He allows me to live here and take care of business for him. I suppose, in a way, that is paying rent. At least, earning my keep here."

When Jax mentioned it was normal to allow a family member to stay, she nodded. Back when she had still been really mourning the death of her husband, she had invited her brother to come to live with them. Ronin had since returned to his wandering ways but she always knew how to contact him.

As he commented about how clean the kitchen was and asked if was her doing it, she nodded.

"Yeah, the kitchen is going to be the cleanest room of the place. Since I'm the one doing the cooking, everything needs to be in a specific location. Otherwise, you might find salt in your cereal instead of sugar."

That was was just one example but one Jax should appreciate since he eats cereal almost every morning for breakfast. Then he asked Jairdain about the other homes she had. Smiling, she lead him to a wall with a couple of images hanging on it.

Pointing to one, if he had ever been to Voss, he might recognize the coloring of the planet. The other appeared to be the same house but in a desert setting.

"The first is on Voss and was my first home. Then several years later, the late king of Iridonia gifted me with a replica there. It's large enough for two people and not much more. Perfect for us if you ever want to visit."

Of course, the one of Iridonia might need to get rebuilt and it had been many years since she had visited Voss. Even she didn't know the condition of either place.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

"BB-12 calls that being a freeloader," Jax chuckled placing his hands inside of his pockets. "I keep telling him that's not what that word means." It was interesting to see so many perks Jairdain was getting then again she did have some family left. Jax chuckled when Jairdain mentioned that he may find salt in his cereal.

"Reminds of the time that BB switched the milk and with vinegar back when stayed with me in Courscant," Jax said sighing. "Thankfully I managed to smell the substance and threw out the window. That little bastard loves messing with you even calling you a blind old bat who's trying to take away his food."

To say that Jair and BB's relationship was tense would be a colossal understatement. She and BB would butt heads every time she visits, BB didn't like how she keep organizing Jax's apartment while Jair on many occasions called BB-12 a pig. It nearly came to blows on BB's side one fateful argument but Jax managed to cool him off and by cool off he meant dump in the nearby pool where he short circuited.

"I guess," Jax said shrugging. "Gotta see you all of your homes, makes me look poor. Forget Jedi Maverick I need to call myself a Jedi Hobo that's probably more accurate anyway."

"I see."

The two words were said with a very neutral tone and Jairdain did not make any further mention of his droid, for now. She was just glad Jax had kept the droid away from her and didn't bring him along.

"You know I would also smelled the change before using the milk."

Shrugging, she brought him to where she knew the pictures were...even if she couldn't see them.

"They might need to be rebuilt after so many years of me being away. The only one that might actually still be standing is the one on Voss."

When they had visited the world previously in search of a mythical beast, they had never gone to her home. Maybe they could return there sometime and she would make sure to take her to that home. It was nothing but an empty husk now but he could see where she had started her life on Voss.

"You're no hobo, Jax. I've made sure of it."

Padding his pockets and keeping BB away from the funds was difficult but she had managed it.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

At first part of Jax didn't like the charity that Jair was giving him, he felt that he was too proud for that. However, Jax came to believe how stupid it was Jairdain loved him and he loved her. There needed to be trust between the two and Jair's constant payments have helped at least pay off the rent. "Oh yeah," Jax chuckled. "When one goes blind, their other senses become stronger and in your case Jair, it's enhanced through the Force. It's funny how life always seems to find a way. The Living Force will always breathe life into specimens in order to give them a chance live.

It was something that Jax never experienced, to be able to truly live. Jairdain and his friends gave him that opportunity to live life to the fullest, it was something that Jax would never forget. As Jax gazed at the pictures, he shook his head while looking at Jair. "All these pics are fracking pretentious chit," he said. "As if to say "true art is incomprehensible!""

He could never understand how the rich view art. To Jax, art was practicing his Lightsaber forms. "I don't know Jair," Jax said. "Part of the reason why I haven't moved is because I feel out of place in areas where you live. I like to live amongst the average citizen, to get a pulse on what they're thinking. It's something that I feel that the NJO hasn't been doing lately."

Jax sighed. "And it's going to lead to more resentment by the people," he said.

"Exactly."

It was all she said about her sensed when Jax pointed them out. They had been this way for all of her life and so many people just did not consider how a handicap changed the other senses a person might or might not have. With her, smell, touch, hearing, and taste were all greater than what he had. She did not rub this in his face and kept what she could do hidden from him most of the time.

"Pretentious? Humph."

Crossing her arms over her chest, she would have thought he might say that about the house they were in. The two images were of smaller homes built for one or two people. Just barely larger than his own apartment on Coruscant. The difference was...she owned these and did not have to pay rent to anybody for them. For some reason, she was just unable to make it clear to Jax how much better this kind of living was as compared to how he did things. Maybe, eventually, he would understand.

"Take a look at the scenery around the house on Iridonia before you jump to the conclusion I have lived isolated from the average citizen. Also as for art, I have a few pieces but they were picked up long before I ever became what you think of as rich."

Motioning around them, the items were of fine quality but there were kid's art and projects around. Not much that would be considered high quality or fine art. In the corner, on a glass shelf were several pieces of wood. If Jax were to go and look at them and pick them up, he would feel little dots punched into them in different designs. Something clearly handmade and made with love and care.

Nodding when he said his Order had appeared to have lost its connection with the average people, there really wasn't a whole lot she could think of to say. So Jairdain kept silent.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Jax felt his ears redden.

The Jedi Master definitely messed up by accidentally insulting Jair indirectly saying that she had it easy. Jairdain lived a long and hard life and even her largest house was rented. What he loved about Jairdain was her empathy for others, it was unwavering and inspiring. "Jair," Jax walked over to his lover placing his hands over hers. "Forgive me for saying that..... I just feel out of place that's all. Like I don't belong here I've been to many luxurious planets but I was always on the outside looking in."

He should never have taken it out on Jair, she was far from those stuffy nobles who Jax dislikes. "I'm still undecided whether or not I want to move," Jax lamented. "Still trying to wrap my head around that possibility."

They did not often have arguments and this one could be thought of as one. She did not consider it to be one though. This was something closer to a debate or a touchy conversation. Either way, the truth of his harsh words eventually found the light of day and Jax was able to tell her what was wrong.

"I've always been an outcast, Jax. It wasn't until I moved away from the Silvers that I felt I had found a home. The people here are wonderful. They have welcomed me to live among them. Come to me when they have problems and I help them. Honestly, I didn't feel I was part of the Order until I was no longer a part of it."

Did that even make any sense? Her time away had really opened her eyes, so to speak and she knew where she belonged. Getting back took a long time but when she finally did make her return, so many new doors opened for her.

"When I came back after being gone for more than a year, having my life turned on its head and a bunch of other things, I started working here for the Queen and her son."

Bradshaw...a man she would never forget. Drawing in a few breaths, it was nice to be able to actually tell Jax about her life here.

"I lived in the Palace. Eventually, the Sith came and sacked the place. Many of us, including me, were forced to flee. Once the Sith left, we came back and I was granted this parcel of land to rule over."

More like Marcus was given the land but Jairdain had control of it until such a time her son could take over. So technically he was in charge but she still ran much of the day-to-day business and continued to take care of her duties as a Jedi and Council member.

"You can be welcome here, Jax. Think about it. I just know I wouldn't be able to stay happy for long on Coruscant. I'm sorry. I need to be close to nature."

She had tried living with him and hopefully, he understood and remembered that. Maybe now it was his turn to try living with her.

"We could get our own place if you don't like this one."

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Moving to another place sounds nice but what planet would be suitable for Jax and Jair? A planet that had a bustling city but at the same time had a verdant and lush landscape? The Jedi Master's mind was drawing blanks at the moment, these days either planets were completely industrialized or was used for farmlands. "That's a good idea," Jax said leaning against the wall. "But which planet can we live in that can satisfy both of us?"

He smirked. "I mean I can always add some plants to my apartment make it more like nature reserve," Jax chuckled knowing full well that Jair won't accept it. "BB-12 hates any thing that's leafy so you don't have to worry about your plants being eaten."

It was hard to believe he was even having this conversation years ago, Jax would've been drowning in pizza boxes and candy wrappers in his small apartment. Now Jax has a lover and they're already thinking of finding a place together. "I can't be away from my duties Jair," Jax said. "I need to stay at Coruscant, recently there's been an uptick on anti-Jedi sentiment due to the alleged war crimes the NJO have committed during the Stygan Campaign."

The Jedi Master sighed. "We've fallen out of favor with the people lately," he continued. "Right now the GA citizens are like a Bull ready to charge at minute. Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to burn down the Jedi Temple."

There were a few planets Jairdain had been on she felt would work as a compromise. Listening to his further comments, she just shook her head.

"That isn't quite the same. Iridonia has both. Alderaan I think would be perfect. There's also Empress Teta...almost too many to name. However, we both should stay close to our jobs. I'd agree to live in the city here but it's not as close to Coruscant as you might like.

"I understand you can't be away from your duties and I don't expect that. I'm just glad I'm not part of the New Jedi like you are."

Elbowing him a little trying to lighten the situation, she did listen to what Jax was saying.

"Well, did you guys commit war crimes? As for having the fall out of popularity comes and goes. Like the tides and the weather. One day it will be nice and sunny...the next it'll be stormy. It's up to you if you go with the flow of things or fight what is happening."

At one point in her life, she would have fought with tooth and nail. Even now, she did not like change and had a difficult time leaving the past buried. When he mentioned the Jedi Temple burning, she almost shrugged her shoulders. Instead, she would try to touch him on his shoulder with a light sense of comfort.

"Wouldn't be the first time. C'mon, let's go find a place to have the promised picnic."

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

Alderaan? Sounded okay but it was a planet full of stuffy nobles and aside from the occasional affluent town, it was mostly Mountain which was something Jax wasn't accustomed to. "They all sound interesting," Jax said. "But you're right Jair, it's best that we find a planet that get us closer to our jobs." he sighed. "Then again you're often confined to Kayshykk and I'm bouncing around in the Galaxy defending the innocent from evil doers."

It was a bit simplistic but as a Jedi Guardian, Jax moved a lot though the bulk of his work was in Coruscant Jax was also called upon to fight in wars which was something that Jair hated having lost her husband in one of them. "The NJO isn't so bad," Jax said smiling a bit. "If you ignore the fact that our leaders are younger than you and I and our accused of being unfit to do their jobs."

The critics weren't completely wrong about the leadership, but were misguided. Jax had respect for the NJO council and what they've done but some of the warcrimes that the Jedi were accused of were result of irrational decisions. Not that Jax himself was a rational person but even he saw some of the danger coming from a mile away. The council was missing someone mature like Jairdain." Yeah people are fickle," Jax said staring at the sunny plains from the window. "But right now things are at a fever's pitch. I'm not sure which way the wind will blow."

Jax needed to focus on the now though, what will happen will happen. All Jax can do is trust in the Living Force. "Honestly," Jax said. "I wouldn't be surprised. Remember what I told you during the Stygan Campaign? That the NJO and the Chancellor were overextending themselves and getting involved in a war that they shouldn't? Now it's biting us in the ass."

The Jedi Knight followed Jair to the plains sighing. "Well I could use some grub," Jax chuckled. "What you got for us?"

"It's not Kashyyyk I'm bound to but here on Commenor."

Shrugging her shoulders slightly, Jairdain felt the need to correct him quickly before he got anything else wrong. Listening to him, she nodded and almost rolled her eyes when he mentioned the ages of the Alliance's rulers. She had an old soul, to begin with, but that didn't matter. Her allegiance was not to his government.

He was also wrong about her being confined. She could travel wherever she wanted and when she needed to. Jax also probably understood this but tried to make it look like he had more freedom. If you could call it that. Jumping from one war into another...she did not like it but did understand it was his calling.

"Do what you need to do to be happy Jax.

"If your leaders have proven to be wise, then why is the population having an issue with them? The same can be said for your Jedi Order."

Shaking her head, she did not remember the conversation he was talking about. Though, she had recently had more duties piled onto her plate so it could have slipped under the radar. Keeping quiet, she did not speak her answer and unless he was blind, should have noticed her shake.

"Just some simple fare that is local."

If he looked inside the carrier, there would not be a green thing in sight. She knew he hated vegetables and did not pack any to bring along.

Jax Thio Jax Thio

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

"And I'm not bound to anywhere," Jax said. "But most of my work is in Coruscant but I suppose that I can make a compromise for both our sakes."

It was bound to happen anyway, couples will have to make decisions where they may not all get they want but it's enough to make them happy. Jax wanted to at least make Jair happy but he was wondering if he was heading in the right direction. "Right now I want to make you happy Jair," he replied walking alongside her. "I mean I'm willing to get out of my hovel of an apartment and live with you."

It was sacrifice probably not as large as he though, but Jax wanted to make this work with Jair. She did have a mountain of patience with him, "I trust the council Jair," Jax said. "Though that doesn't mean I agree with everything they say, surely you have made plenty of mistakes during your time as a diplomat."

Jax looked into the bag and smiled to see that were no vegetables. "Right," Jax smiled. "Let's get going Jair."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom