Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiding above the Blood Moon OOC Mandalorian Territory

[member="Léon"]

Hi there!

I see you started a raid on Gromas 16, which is Arceneau Trade and Mohc Extractives facility within Mandalorian Territory and protection.

Please tag me and the Mandalorians and please switch this into a skirmish or public thread as per the rules for restricted items.

Objectives which require you to visit a planet located within the Influence Cloud of a Major Faction may only be completed in Non-Private threads.

Thank you!

We shall be awaiting.. *steeples fingers*

[member="Anija Betna"]

For your reference, here are the following defenses on Gromas 16:

Aurodium-class Trade Station

Armaments:
  • Twenty-One Ion Cannon Turrets
  • Two Heavy Energy Torpedo Projectors
  • Ninety Quad Laser Cannon Turrets
  • Ninety Flak Cannon Turrets
Hangar:
  • Two Hundred Sixteen Fighters
  • Twenty-Four Gunships
  • Thirty-Six Dropships
Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Encryption Network
  • Escape Pods
  • Force Cylinders
  • Holonet Transceiver
  • Law and Trade Enforcement Stations
  • Long-Range Communications Array
  • Luxury Accommodations
  • Medbays
  • Standard Deflector Shield Generator
  • Standard Detention Cells
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Standard Targeting Systems
  • Tractor Beams (x96)

MT 3000 Fuelling Station.

Classification: Support Space Station
Role: Fuelling Station
Height: 2500m
Width: 500m
Length: 2000m
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Solar Ionization
Hyperdrive Rating: None
Minimum Crew: 1500
Optimal Crew: 4500

Armaments:
20 standard Turbolasers
10 missile launchers
14 point defense laser cannons

Hangar:
15 external docking points for medium ships 100m-300m
10 external docking points for large ships 100m-1,000m
1 external docking points for large ships 1000m-2,000m
20 Light/medium repair/inspection freighters or shuttles (Internal hanger) Equiped
24 fighters (Internal hanger) not equiped
10 light frieghters (YT-1300 size, Internal Hanger) not equiped
Non-Combative Attachments:
Hot water showers
1 supply store for employees and ship crews.
Escape pods
Repair Droid bays (equiped with repair and utility droids.)
Fire suppression systems
Fuel storage and pumping systems
Deflector Shields
Life Support
​Holonet transceiver
Standard Sensors
Repair facilities
Maintenance Machine shop
Auto-pilot guidance system

Zef Halo said:
This looks DANGERous.
Boo! Boo!

boo-gif-880.gif

[member="Léon"] - The approach of "Look brah, I realize I'm totally trampling your lawn and tearing up your flower-beds, but it's only to get to the dude on your porch" doesn't particularly work with most Mandalorians typically. Who knows what you'll get now, but historically these things are met with a massive 'nope'.... Plus you do need some massive edits, thread changes, and giving the defenses a chance to actually defend so other writers can respond.

[member="Léon"]

Once it switches to a public thread, I'll be posting as a reference if you want to interact with the specific gromas 16 asteroid. I know you mentioned the Ison Cartel being behind it, so feel free to tag me if you want to discuss with anyone on that particular asteroid. The defenses are just for reference in story in background unless they are engaged directly.

Mandal Hypernatics has other facilities in several asteroids there, so [member="Anija Betna"] would be the one to tag for those if your NPC baddy is going there.

Otherwise, I'll be chatting icly with another writer just to bounce off things to talk about. Likely whatever incidents these Ison Cartel guys have been up to.

[member="Léon"] It's an attack on something in our territory, and thus an attack on us. We shall respond accordingly. I would heavily advise reading what [member="Danger Arceneau"] has linked in her first post.

It feels like there is a bit of an over reaction here to an honest mistake. I don't see why things need to get violent, especially when the other party is on the same side of the conflict.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Gray Raxis"] - Did you even read the first post in this OOC? *sadness.*

Any attempt to gleen materials off of Gromas 16 are always open to outside resistance. That's why it's a risk. You could open a new thread and nobody could show up to stop you. Or... 300 people could jump you and dance on your grave. It's fair game baby! Fair game. Woot woot!

Get your head in the game son. It's skull smashin' time!

I'm excited we finally get some action with actual PC's this time. NPC's are fine for moving a story along but it does get boring after a while you know? I just wish Arlan was playing a bigger part in this particular thread instead of the support role I have him planned to be in since Leon is leading things. I had set up a thread that was completed a while ago where we actually mined Concordia for Beskar behind Mano backs in hopes of having some Mando PC's come in and offer resistance but no one showed up to that one. At any rate this looks to be something worth writing in and I wish everyone participating the best of luck! Whether The Carrion Company and The Mandalorians work together against the cartel or we fight amongst ourselves doesn't really matter as long as the story it creates is fun to read and take part in.

Happy hunting!

[member="Danger Arceneau"] | [member="Gray Raxis"] | [member="Saverok the Unleashed"] | [member="Anija Betna"] |[member="Taneith Vizsla"] | [member="Ijaat Mereel"] | [member="Léon"]

[member="Léon"]

I read the thread but I am slightly confused.

You guys are on a shuttle, having deployed something that karks with the pirate ship's sensors so you could go by unnoticed and board that ship. That ship is the fake OP ship which actually belongs to pirates taking phrik ?

Am I correct ?

If that is the case, I don't see what is stopping the Mandos from going against that fake OP ship since what I read [member="Taneith Vizsla"] has already got info that it is not really an OP ship.

I think the confusion stems mostly from my posts. As this thread's been created to talk about the actions of our characters, I'd like to state for the record that everything that has been posted so far - has featured a simulation that's been running concurrently to the briefing between the members of the Carrion Company, whilst the Phaethon (Which isn't a shuttle, but an old CEC YX-1980 Space Transport by-the-by. ;) ) is en-route to the Gromas System through Hyperspace. I've done my best to refer to all of the points I've listed here, in my posts made on the thread, without making them seem dry. If those points were misinterpreted, or missed, you have my apologies.

We have yet to stomp on anyone's lawns or disregarded the Mandos ability to defend themselves should we deign to attack their holdings (We won't be, by the way. We're stealing from thieving Pirates). Which would be a Suicide Run, and I'm still new to Chaos. I don't want to be drafting up another character this far in, should one of you guys and gals get lucky. :p

That being said, I don't think there's a need for massive edits, nor a need to change this from a Skirmish to Public. The rules do state that it can't be private, and I don't see why a Skirmish title would make it seem like it was. However, that's merely semantics, and it doesn't matter to me which title it ends up with, as long as all parties involved have some fun bashing our fingers against a keyboard.

I can't say the same for my comrades, but when I use the mention tag - it's to tag the characters in direct proximity. Thus, when the Phaethon had exited Hyperspace, in a post or two, the Mando writers who have suddenly expressed their interests, along with those that have already responded to the thread, would've and will be(en) tagged. To me, it seems a bit silly doing it the other way around and tagging everyone involved when there is no possible way one character on the ground could know what my character leagues away is doing with his hands. However, as you've asked us to mention those involved from now on, I'll do my best to ensure no name is forgotten.

Since you've listed the defense platforms, [member="Danger Arceneau"], would you be able to tell me where they are in relation to the Blood Moon of Gromas-16? I only ask because when I post again, the information that was presented in the simulations will be out of date (Save for the location of the Pyre Vessel) which will make my Character rapidly alter his approach to compensate for the new information.

[member="Zef Halo"]

To answer your question directly, I believe that is correct. The Ison Cartel are aboard a falsified Omega Pyre Vessel and are hours away from escaping into the black with a cargo hold filled with Phrikite Ore. So, if you were wanting to engage said NPC vessel and recover what's been taken, I think it's more than fair to say - "Go for it." It'd make for an interesting angle if we're boarding the vessel at the same time as the Vode. #BoardCeption.

That, or if you wanted to slag the ship, I guess that works too. *Shrugs*

However, as [member="Léon"] is running the show, I'll give him the final say on that matter.

| [member="Gray Raxis"] | [member="Jay Scott Clark"] | [member="Saverok the Unleashed"] | [member="Anija Betna"] | [member="Taneith Vizsla"] | [member="Ijaat Mereel"] |

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom