Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R.I.P. Lemmy Kilmister

"Figuring that 15 years of regular drinking and drugging had taken a toll on his system, Lemmy decided to have a complete blood transfusion in 1980. He figured it would be like an oil change — out with the old, in with the new. But Lemmy held off after his doctor ran some tests and determined he would react badly to healthy blood. "He told me I didn't have human blood in my system anymore," he told Inked. "Apparently, I had become so toxic, mostly from all the speed and alcohol, that fresh blood would have killed me."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/lemmy-kilmisters-wildest-escapades-15-insane-tales-from-a-legendary-life-20151229/bad-blood-20151229

There is no greater man to epitomize the spirit of rock and roll than Lemmy Kilmister... Richards, Jagger, I don't care... Lemmy beats them all drunk and high any day... Mainly because well.. It is Lemmy... And he is, on any given day, usually drunk and high anyway. The man has a career and a personal life straight out of a 'How to be a Rock-Star' handbook. And I have been annoying the neighbors all day long with his glory.

Man, I heard about this. It's really too bad, Motorhead was badass. Philthy Phil Taylor (Motorhead's former drummer) passed away last month.

R.I.P.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H71VEV1c_XE

A snippet from his funeral (a pictorial tribute) that I found exceptionally poignant and moving. To see a community I have been a part of for years (metal band roadie and stage crew in college when the ren faires weren't running and class was out) come together like this without posturing, without argument or pretense, shows precisely what this man meant to his branch of music, and beyond.

12507154_10153871998154644_2032154902797787978_n.jpg

I won't say rest in peace... That was not your way... Tear it up, wherever you are, and I hope they have good Jack there, or you're gonna be SUPER pissed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom