Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Quiet is the Tiger's Home

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Jonyna led them up into a cargo bay, Jonyna hitting a button on the wall, the top of the ship opening up, as she gestured over to a set of speeders, Jonyna chuckling. "One thing I have found outside of being a jedi? Running a company. Turns out, throwing money at GADF contracts is easy way to keep afloat. Figure if we're gonna be going into hostile territory, we'll at least outrun them."

Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Kahlil_Div2.png

"A Jedi shouldn't strive for physical possessions or money, you know."

It was a line from the past of the Jedi, and one he was glad that had been abandoned within the New Jedi Order. So yes, he was only making a joke before he turned towards one of the speeders to mount up and get ready to go. Valery certainly would've enjoyed being here. Speeders were very much her thing, after all.

"I.. Guess we can see how fast these go."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Hey, look, you told me to find a life outside of just being a jedi, and look! I'm trying! Don't knock me down already Master Noble."

She knew it was only a tease, but she also knew it was only one of a few ways she could tag back at the master. She felt it necessary, in a way.

The Speeder rumbled to life, Jonyna first floating hers out of the ship, and into the open air. Nothing was stopping them from floating up, and she knew enough about her own tech to do that. She just...didn't know how to fix it if anything went wrong...

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

As soon as they got to the ground, Jonyna revved the speeder up, before...

She went 0 to 100 in less than a second. The Cheetah was quite the machine, and exactly how she wanted it. The Cathar's eyes scanned the horizon for the entrance to the once lost tomb. Surely, it had to still be there, yeah? Well...it was, but not as the Cathar remembered it.

She let off the engine, slowly coming to a stop as she stared at what was clearly once an excavation site.

A massive door, once marked with the Jedi symbol of old, now sat in a sorry state. Marks of vandals marred the carved stone, and pieces of the old carvings now lay in the front of the door. And yet, it stayed closed. No signs of a break in could be seen. Jonyna...didn't look happy with this. "...900 years and no one seems to keep these things in shape..."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"No one broke in at least. And it can be fixed."

Kahlil took a careful step off his own speeder. Speed on something so exposed wasn't really his thing. In a freighter there were walls all around him. Not so much on a bike. He didn't make a show of it, just cleared his throat as he looked over the vandalized door. "It might be a good project for you, actually."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Despite now centuries of age since the last time Jonyna had seen it, the stone kept the same symbol of old. The symbol of an ancient version of the order Kahlil now helped run. Carved into it, and yet...jumbled, like a puzzle.

Jonyna got off her own bike, brushing her fingers through her hair to try and relax, before walking up to Kahlil as well. "Just wait till we get inside." With that, she reached a hand up, adjusting the stones to reform the symbol in it's intended configuration. And just like that, the door slowly swung open.

But Kahlil didn't feel the light now. The chamber within, it was steeped in the dark. Steeped in evil and wickedness. Jonyna walked inside without a word, knowing what lied within.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"A trial, then."

It was a common theme, especially among the ancient Jedi temples. Even the Wellspring had such challenges for him when he had to reclaim his connection to the Force. "I'm more curious if it will be the same for you as the last time you were here. You seem to know what's about to happen."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Unless Sylvar changed something, it shouldn't be." Jonyna considered, looking around. It seemed the same as she remembered. A seemingly empty stone room, caked in the dark side. The door closed behind them, leaving them in the dark. Jonyna waited, as if waiting for something.

...but it never came...

"...last time I did this, she spoke to us..." Jonyna muttered.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"She was around for a long time the last time you were here. It's possible she's finally decided to move on." If they thought Jonyna was the one they were waiting for to speak to, doubly so. All life was meant to return to the Wellspring, even in death. The few that knew how to keep themselves conscious would not do so forever. Not unless the Wellspring needed them.

"Or perhaps she doesn't like me."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"That's possible." Jonyna said with a casual tone, walking forward. She knew that whatever lay at the end, she couldn't be the one to walk straight through it. In theory, she had already passed these trials.

And yet, she felt in unfamiliar territory. Something was different this time. The longer they stood there, the more oppressive the feeling of being surrounded by the dark side felt. Both of them could feel it, the invasive thoughts creeping in, tempting them to find a better way out of the room...

Kahlil_Div2.png

No thoughts actually entered Kahlil's mind. As an Epicanthix, he could not be influenced in such a way. Not without some major strength put behind it. He just looked around, humming in thought for a moment before blinking and glancing down towards Jonyna. Things had changed a lot, hadn't they?

".. Or, perhaps she has a new trial for you."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

A door, unseen before, opened from before Kahlil's eyes, showing the light of the next room, dim as it was.

Jonyna knew what came next, stepping into the next room with her hand on her sword. "I guess so, yeah."

Kahlil could hear it. Chittering of insects...

The Ceiling was alive. Kiltik, massive beetles normally the size of speeders, these ones the size of wolves, lined the cieling, wing cover vibrating in harmony...

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Yup."

It was after looking at them for a moment Kahlil noticed. These weren't real bugs, but manifestation of the Force. After a moment, they all came off the ceiling and swarmed at Kahlil, Jonyna drawing her sword and slashing one in a single movement, the bugs seeming to leave her alone for the most part. They were more interested in Kahlil.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Ah.

Kahlil watched the beetles charge forward, then raised a hand. The Force swelled under his guidance before the creatures simply faded from view around him. This wasn't exactly what he expected, but things were constantly having more to them than initially seen.

"It seems the Force is still very much active here."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

As the bugs disappeared, the room seemed to shift.

"You're no fun." A voice rang through the room, as the two found themselves in a new room, a force ghost, a cathar who looked vaguely similar to Jonyna, looking grumpy. "Ya think you could at least play along?"

Jonyna stared the ghost down, looking a bit pale. "...Nal?"

"Hey Sis. See you're doing well." She looked to Kahlil "So...you're a council member, yeah? How's that going? Been stuck in this tomb for 800 years."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I could, but it feels more detrimental to Jonyna to pretend I'm not aware of what's going on." Though, this wasn't what he expected in the slightest. He still kept a calm expression on his face as he dipped his head in greeting to the spirit before him. Someone that Jonyna knew, at least. Ah, sister.

Well that was an interesting twist.

"Fine, I imagine. Fine as it can be anyway."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom