Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Quiet is the Tiger's Home

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Find yourself as you outside your people, and outside the Jedi.
Find herself.

That was a concept Jonyna often struggled with, even with her own people. Because, in her own mind, being Cathar, being a jedi, those were the two halves of what made her...her.

She thought back to before she came home, the first time. Back when she was just a vigilante fighting for good for goodness sake.

What she needed was guidance. A moment of meditation, back in her old stomping ground.

After a long silence, Jonyna finally spoke.
"...thank you Master. Maybe it is time to find myself. Would you mind...coming with me? I have a place I've been to before, but I've never really had the chance to train with a master before there. Not, in person, at least."

Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Kahlil_Div2.png

"If there's anything I can help you with, Jonyna, I'd very much like the chance to. I'll come with you, but I will tell you I can't give you an answer on who you are. That is for you to find out for yourself. Getting some ideas though, that I can help with."

Kahlil smiled softly, dipped his head in a slight bow. It was the duty of a Master to help guide those who asked for such, and he certainly wasn't going to abandon Jonyna. And, well, he was curious where she was talking about. If there was anything that caught his attention, it was seeing how different groups handled the Force. This certainly sounded like a way to at least see how the Cathar set up their own meditation chambers.

"When would you like to go?"

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Jonyna nodded, leading them back to the spaceport high on the branches of the city-tree. Looking back to the Master Jedi, Jonyna didn't waste any time showing off slightly. While access between the branches was a slow affair normally, massive staircases and ladders reaching between each, that's not how the Denik normally traveled between then. Between every massive branch that held important structures, a network of smaller ones mazed their way through the canopy, and the Denik were happy to exploit that. Jumping into a small branch, Jonyna leapt her feet digging into the branch and sliding down it, before it looped back up to the upper branch, Jonyna using her own momentum to launch herself upward, and onto the higher branch.

This was the way of the Denik. Living in perfect harmony with the tree that had held them for generations.

As soon as they got to the ship though, Kahlil could see what Jonyna had been lugging herself around in. A stolen Imperial Scout Ship.

e3eb4a7e4c28cf4da4d408c80d08bf1f.jpg

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil followed along calmly. And very much used the stairs. As imposing and strong as he often seemed, that was only because of the aid of the Force. The usage of the Dark had long stunted his growth as a boy, and when he chose not to use the Force to enhance himself it showed. Like now, as he slowly made his way up the stairs at a steady gate.

He wasn't frail, but he wasn't about to go leaping through the branches himself.

".. Is that an original? I know you were frozen, but, the ship too?"

He blinked in surprise. The Empire of old was a long time relic. And Sidius had been one of the few Sith that stood out in his studies as a boy. There were few Sith who could claim such a successful slaughter of the Jedi, after all.

But to see a relic that still worked from that time was vastly interesting.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Yup. Sat in the cave for 900 years. Technically she's my second ship, but the first got a severe case of frostbite that I'm...still working on fixing. Si Tech has a whole wearhouse dedicated to fixing that darn ship..." Jonyna walked up to the ramp, knocking on it with a finger, before stepping back as it lowered. "The Reaper here was something we...well, we stole her. No beating around the bush there. Her crew was sent to retrieve a scientist my crew had a contract to Choll..." She took a moment, wrinkling her feline nose. "....Chol....ganna? I think it was? We beat them there, and then we beat them for their ship." Jonyna paused, peeking out of the ramp to check the side of the ship. "Didn't help no one turned off the transmitter tracking the ship when we finally got it home..."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"There's far more to that story. What happened? Is that when you ended up in the ice or..?" He had little doubt the Empire wouldn't go after her for stealing the ship. And, well, he was curious. There was a lot he still didn't know about Jonyna. She ultimately was from a different time. And perhaps context was more important than he let himself say.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Jonyna led them up the ramp, into a small loading bay which had been stocked with weapons of all sorts. Stolen ones from the Empire, Si Tech protoypes, anything Jonyna could stash on the racks. "We got to the planet, looking for the scientist. Captain...Hortal? I think? Found her among a group of stranded CIS survivors. Most of them thought the Clone Wars were still going. We were just about to leave when the Empire showed up. That's when we recruited my old buddy Sevs, a B-1 that got his restraining bolt broken." She frowned. "The fact the GA still hasn't granted full rights to droids bugs me, honestly...but that's besides the point. Point is, we took out the scout crew and stole this baby. Converted it into our secondary mobile home."

She led them up a latter, into...a lounge. Couches were splayed out in the center, pointed out a large holo-screen and holo-table, a pool table on the other side of the room, sitting next to a small poker table, which sat next to an open doorway to a small kitchen, and a hall behind the couches that led into the rest of the ship. "We got lucky too. This ship was designed for long missions, so the Empire spared no expense for their men. Got a pool in back. Your ship have a pool?" Jonyna teased, looking a little bemused by her own tech. "Also got a whole sensors suite on the third floor that I've been slowly trying to upgrade. Reaper was originally designed for scouting purposes, so I figure I'd keep that up to the modern standard. Been thinking about submitting the blueprint for upgrades for a GA variant..."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"No, no. The Bastion doesn't have a pool. Though there was one time on Glee Anselm that the cargo hold doubled as a pool for a bit." His early smuggler days after he'd gotten the poor old bird and didn't realize all the leaks it had. It was a fun time getting all that water out. The lounge though, that looked familiar.

"It could make a good model. That old tech would need to be elevated to keep up with how some of the systems have evolved these days though. It'd be dangerous otherwise."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Yeah, that's what I've been thinking-HEY!" She ran over to one of the couches, pulling a Racyon off it, who was happily munching on a piece of meat he found. "You little jerk! I was gonna eat that when I got back!" She sighed, looking back to the Master Jedi. "Dice! Where you at?" She called down the hall, letting the racyon go to munch.

A few moments later, an Astromech came rolling down the hall into the lounge, looking to be a model even older than Val.

<<Ah! Another Master Jedi! How wonderful that my calculations were correct! 6 percent too, very sneaky of you Master!>>

"This is Dice. He was Sylvar's before mine....did I mention that? Found Sylvar's tomb on Ryloth. That was...actually where I wanted to take you. Hoping it's still there..." She frowned at the thought.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"It's less likely that it was untouched than you might assume. The eight hundred year darkness brought many civilizations to their knees, especially when hyperspace travel was lost. The people who did find their ways among the stars looted everything they could." Even more recently tombs of any named individual from before the dark times was likely ransacked.

"But we'll find out whe nwe get there, yeah?"

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Here's hoping." Jonyna nods, "Dice, get us moving."

The astromech spun around happily, before rolling back towards the front of the ship.

Jonyna let out a sigh, sitting down on one of the couches. "I've been slowly having Dice transfer all his data to the archives. He's been active for...what, 9000 years now? Been around since the Great Sith War. Some of the stuff on his banks is older than Val..."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"That'll be helpful in filling a lot of the gaps." Nine thousands years back was a long, long time. Especially considering that the eight hundred year darkness had cost the Galaxy pretty much all of that information at one point. Rebuilding and reclaiming had long been successful, but so much of the history was still absent.

He found his own seat, leaning back comfortably in it.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Kahlil_Div2.png

"On a job. I spent a long time as a spacer rather than a Jedi after my Padawan years. The Jedi of the time were on a war path that I couldn't bring myself to follow, mostly because of fear." He wasn't going to hide or lie about it. He couldn't bring himself to fight because of how much he'd already been fighting before he went to the Jedi.

It ended with him just leaving to live as the spacer he'd become after fleeing the Sith.

"I had a job on New Cov. Basic delivery stuff. Ended up running into her by chance while I was waiting for my ship to load. We ended up meeting while I was looking at some old tomes about the original temple there. She was, naturally, looking for the temple she'd used to run. When I figured that out, I figured I'd tag along since I knew she was likely going to find only rubble."

He chuckled, just a little. "It felt weird to be worried about a Jedi Master of all people, but well, they're still people so I figured yeah, I should at least keep her some company so she wasn't alone. Got attacked by some of the local fauna that set up shop while she sorted through her feelings. Got injured, so we ended up camping the night there and well.."

He let that trail off.

"We ended up very close, very quickly. Too quickly, I imagine. She was from a time that forbid Jedi relationships. She left to find herself, and I waited. Eventually she found me again, mostly because I'd been captured, and the rest is history at this point."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"I still can't believe that was a rule back in the day." Jonyna scoffed. "My boyfriend Giran is from that time too. He was a padawan during the Clone Wars." she frowned. "His master wasn't the best person, and he put all these ideas of what it meant to be a jedi into his head. Stuff like that. Stuff like..." She rolled her hand. "Like he believed for a long time that to be a jedi, you have to suppress all emotion. When I started hitting on him, he didn't know what to do with himself." She chuckled. "I'm glad you two made it work though. It wass nice to see the order in good hands after I woke up, even if they are slightly rude."

That last statement had a bit of resentment to it, but it was clear Jonyna didn't hold too much of a grudge.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I don't fully disagree with it, mind you. Emotions are a drug as far as the Force is concerned. They can give great power. But if you don't control them, it's a quick path to the dark. Suppressing emotion is bad, though. No argument there. Just, especially for younger Jedi, relationships should be monitored. Jealousy and heartbreak can ruin a Jedi who wasn't ready to face such emotions."

Kahlil shrugged.

"There's a balancing act for it, certainly."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Oh Cathar, we have a belief system. The Hunter, and the Predator. The Cathar believe that a Hunter should be able to master their ability to do exactly that. Hunt. To control their emotion, and put aside the anger that comes with violence. Because it's not about anger, or hate, or revenge. It's about feeding yourself, and your tribe. Your family. Someone who can't, they are the Predator. Someone who hunts to satiate a need for blood. The jedi, the ones I looked up to, the ones my mother worked for, they were Hunters. The Sith, Predators. My boyfriend's master, from what I understand, didn't want a padawan. He wanted to be a general in the Clone Wars, fight a war he saw was his duty to participate in, just like his master, Windu. Instead, he was given the task of training Giran, a man who fought with his need to find his family..."

Jonyna frowned, letting out a frustrated sigh. "I spent many years struggling with my own emotions. But...I never felt the pull of the Dark. Never felt the need to use it. I was trying to be a hero, not another problem."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"You'd be surprised if it turned out you did. The desire to do something, even be a hero, can lead to a dark place if you're not mindful. The best intentions often pave the way to hell."

That was the important part of being a Jedi, realizing when a good intention had turned wrong.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom