Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question: .org to .cc

Conservatively across my characters I have a 100 different subs, in a 100 different template formats over the years, many of the subs were under different rulesets etc.

Recently it appears postimage in their infinite wisdom decided to change domains on all my images from .org .cc The link itself is still the same aside from the domain.
How would you like me to best proceed on this if I want the images updated? Do you want a hundred new submissions, some of which won't make a huge amount of sense in IC terms? Or is there an easier way to update them all.

In Umbris Potestas Est
Ignoring of course the fact that the factory staff still have to "approve" the sub, move it to the approved subs board, and archive the original. 3 things for the price of 1.

In Umbris Potestas Est
Submitter does more work(completely resubmitting the sub instead of just asking for a change) and the factory staff do more work(approval/move/archival instead of modification) for the same result. It's hardly lazy to want both sides to do less work to achieve the same result.

In Umbris Potestas Est
You can bin the sarcasm any day, Khonsu. As is, don't see a counterargument. [member="Kei Amadis"], I'd just wait until they figure something out. If the pictures are a vital part of the sub, I'd just link them if asked for what they look like and not worry about it in the meantime. No reason to waste time rewriting 100 subs and flooding the factory when it won't be necessary,

You'll be waiting a very, very long time for them to implement a new system. Submissions modifications as they are, are quite easy on both Factory staff and the Submitter. As a former Factory Judge myself, I know how the coding works - all it takes is a click of two buttons and a submission is properly archived or approved. So, clearly, it goes to show you have no idea how things work, and believe your ignorance is fact.

Don't get me wrong. It's daunting asf for an image to have it's hosting site changed and proceed to update them accordingly - but that's the way the cookie crumbles. If a mistake is made, you do the work to fix it, rather than demand others to fix it for you.

In Umbris Potestas Est
I realize you weren't even on the site when I was a factory judge, so I'll go ahead and ignore your ignorance with regards to assuming my knowledge of how the factory works. I can very well understand what a factory judge does with regards to approving and archiving submissions - I did so previously. That said, I again point out that it is more work for both parts of the equation - it would have been easier for me as a factory judge to simply modify 100 subs rather than read through, quickjudge, and approve 100 submissions while archiving 100 more.

I'm certainly not suggesting that the original submission system should be brought back - have already made my thoughts on such clear in a suggestion thread. But the current system creates more of a hassle for both users and judges - twice the work for a judge in the aforementioned scenario and a significant amount more work for the user as well.

[member="Kei Amadis"], at the moment, the current option is to resubmit the submission.

While I am currently looking at possible alternatives to resubmitting the submission in question, I would not expect to see an alternative soon. The change in the factory philosophy has been largely to move more of the work, responsibilities, and freedoms to submitters now. I have not yet thought of a system that works well with that philosophy, but I'm always open to hearing possible solutions to that.

[member="Khonsu Amon"] | [member="Vanessa Vantai"] |

[member="Gir Quee"] - I'm personally happy with how submission mods work now. It's much faster than it used to be and is quite easy - instead of redundant and time-consuming. Y'all are doing good work, and I can't really think of anything that'd be better. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom