Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about Ranking New Characters in Factions

Juggerduck

Just another avatar for Cyttorak
I'm in the process of checking interest in a new faction, and was wondering about starting power levels. Since the PCs would want to be in leadership roles, but most (maybe all, including me) haven't RP'd their characters enough to warrant a high rank, is the best way to proceed to NPC Yuuzhan Vong Warmasters, Master Shapers, Supreme Overlord, etc (assuming no existing characters who hold those ranks turn up), or can we take the mantles and expand our biographies?

Juggerduck

It's really a question of relative ranking. In the same way a new character can't show up and claim to be a Sith Lord, I don't want to proclaim myself a Master Shaper if it's going to break site rules. Plus, I don't even know what if any Yuuzhan Vong are still around. But if we're comparing apples to oranges, it'd be great to have a PC power structure in place.

Juggerduck

I respectfully disagree a lot. The NPC Leader/King/Emperor/Pope/Grand Poobah issues orders to the PC player characters to go and do the thing the PC wants to do anyway. Once the characters have been RP'd enough they get promoted, and the NPCs get phased out through attrition, war, backstabbing, industrial accident, or retirement.

Your faction, rank what you want. If they're a FU, they're still beholden by the OOC rankings we give. If they're NFU, their 'power level' is still wholly dependent on the respect afforded by other writers towards them.

So if you've got a 19 year old Supreme Grand Admiral of the Army of the Glorious Imperial Regime of the People's Republics, yeah, he can be that. It's not against the rules.

no one will take him serious IC though

....although I can't imagine why

Dalansa

Little Miss Psychopath
[member="Thid Qaal"] NFUs can have any power level that they want. A Sith has to work their way to the top. However, one could make a character that's already leading an army, or has an entire planet's backing for their enterprises. It's q nice balance piece to help equalize power levels between characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom