Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PVP 101: How To Take A Measured Hit

Vader used Force Scream not when he was losing, but when he had lost...everything. When Palpatine had revealed to him that every friend and child and innocent he had murdered, every ideal he had betrayed, all to save his love had been for nothing. When Palpatine told him that despite sacrificing everything in his life, he had failed to save the one thing he had set out to protect. THAT is when he warped half a room with screaming power.

So when your character feels that? Totes okay to start tossing around Force Scream at will.

My problem is that I do not PVP enough. That being said, when I used to elsewhere and it was the same style as Forum post-by-post, I used to have so much fun fighting one of my old pals. Typical Jedi vs Sith. I got rag dolled around a lot - He held the rank of Lord and I a humble Knight. We were both very realistic about it, both had fun, and used our imagination rather than this Force Power and that Force Power.

Perhaps the best thing I ever did with his character was Force Push him down a well when he was distracted. Literally, a simple little force push, but it had been timed well so he took it. My Jedi had minor skills with pyromancy, nothing great, but enough to keep him on the backfoot and begin to boil the water. That was fun. He got out, of course, but for just a moment he really had to think about what he was doing.

Hands down the best duel I've ever had, and tbh it makes me miss the writer. You don't need crazy ass skills and powers to come up with a creative way to knock someone back - but be mindful of what you genuinely could do against someone. Too few people use Sokan effectively in duels or fully assess their enemy. Look for things you can turn against them on their own person.

Do they have cybernetics? Try learning Force Disable/Ionize, even in its most basic form it can muddle up the circuitry. Heck I once even battled someone with a lightsaber hilt made out of a dense wood and managed to turn it against him too. Look out for their species - at least if it's noticeable what they are - and find a good weakness. Kära Vi'dreya is an Umbaran - they have extremely sensitive eyes.

Don't limit yourself to Force/Lightsaber techniques, use your imagination and everything in your metaphorical arsenal effectively as opposed to excessively.

[member="Krest"] After our RP then, we need to fight.

tumblr_lkajf9A8Zh1qbe7jeo1_500.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom