Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Putting the Can in Coruscant

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Jonyna was quick to block the blows that Ko sent her way, noting his use of Form I. She had been taught it as well by Sylvar, but now it was her turn to teach. She transitioned out of Form I, to a stance that Ko wouldn't recognize. It wasn't a stance the jedi taught, as she held her saber above her head, bringing it down to block before swiftly going on the offensive, transitioning from one slash to another, keeping the pressure on her padawan. She wanted to see how he defended, but kept her attacks controlled as to not injure him. This was a lesson. Defend, or be defeated. A real sith wouldn't let up, so it was matter of finding an opening. Finding a counter point. A mistake in the strategy. Jonyna's strategy was attack, attack, attack, keeping her slashes continuous, but weak. Break the guard, not the man.

doru-butz-highresscreenshot00035.jpg

Tags: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Z9U36lL.png
Ko only really had decent skill on orthodox shii-cho. Which wasn’t saying much as the form itself was about as orthodox as lightsaber combat could be. The Kel Dor teen sparred less like a padawan and more like a youngling or an initiate. At least in regards to ‘bladed’ combat with his lightsaber. Perhaps it was underwhelming how the older padawan seemed to underperform. Or maybe it was impressive that he has managed to survive this long with such lackluster skills.

As Jonyna switched gears Ko was suddenly put on the defensive. Fortunately Form I was a rather balanced form so it was about as good at defense as it was with offense. Still though, his new master’s attacks were overwhelming. They weren’t that powerful, but they were abundant and he failed to retaliate or counter any of her attacks.

Eventually Ko recognized he would soon be struck down by the cathar woman. So to give himself a bit of breathing room he stepped back just out of range of her and lunged backwards with a lengthy backflip. As his feet touched back down onto the soil Ko pulled his saber back before tossing it out towards Jonyna with a telekinetic saber throw. The weapon let out a loud hum as it spun through the air towards the cathar woman.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Her padawan hadn't taken the course of action she had hoped, nor the one she expected. That was good. Keep your opponent guessing. However, he'd taken an action she'd known was risky. Throwing your saber was always a move of calculated risk. Either to reach an opponent at range, or as a move of honest assurance that it'd work. In this case, it wouldn't. She dropped a hand down, drawing Sally in a single motion, slashing at the blade of Ko's saber with the cortosis blade.

"And now you're disarmed." Jonyna pointed out. It wasn't disappointment that rang through her voice, but rather instruction. Lecture. "Throwing your saber like that doesn't work if you don't know what your opponent has to counter it. but your form is pretty good and you've got quite the defensive stance. You'd be set if we were fighting anyone who wasn't a sith or a mando. Now we just need to get you up to that level."

doru-butz-highresscreenshot00035.jpg

Tags: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Z9U36lL.png
Ko was surprised as Jonyna performed a smooth draw cut with her sword. It seemed to disable his weapon the moment it made contact. He watched as his lightsaber hilt fell to the ground before listening to his Master’s words. “I guess I shouldn’t over commit so much to a saber throw in the future. I always imagined being a threat while having good distance and range was a sound tactical move. Maybe practicing my Force Abilities more in combat will help to offset the loss of my weapon?”

Then again there was also the idea of having more than one weapon. Part of the padawan worried that having more than a single lightsaber might convey or telegraph a certain predisposition towards violence. However, plenty within the order carried multiple and various weapons on them. Jonyna also mentioned that his skills were decent. But likely wouldn’t hold up against more high end combatants. Something he wouldn’t disagree with. The galaxy was filled with thugs or rank and file soldiers. Even now fighting Sith and Mandalorians were rare.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Being a threat is good, but you gotta be smart about it. Never take risks if you don't know the variables. Feel your opponent out before you start throwing hail maries."
Jonyna nodded, "The Force is only gonna help you so much if you're disarmed. You need to have a back up. Whether it be a blaster, or another saber, doesn't matter. My suggestion would be a regular sword or some sort of melee weapon. Blasters are great, but they put across the wrong message. We're jedi. Having a sword is more a personal defense thing."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom