Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Putting the Can in Coruscant

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Jonyna smiled as she led them inside. First she gestured to a large closet space right inside of the docking bay, Jonyna opening the door to reveal a set of old racks for blaster rifles. On it, a few blasters hung of various styles and makes. Clearly all woefully out of date, and all clearly bought during a time that the economy didn't allow for standardized parts to be sourced. "Here's our weapon's storage space. Bunch of these old ones are from my old buddy Sevs."

The Cathar continued, leading them upstairs into a large lounge area, a large set of couches set up with a Holovision screen, a dining table and a table for gambling of some sort. "This is the lounge. You're free to mess around here, I need to reorganize it now that it's..." She paused, frowning slighly. "A lot less lively. Might invite some of the other jedi out here sometime. You guys need a getaway sometime. Oh, and behind the wall is the pool." She gestured to the wall behind the stairs, "Try not to spend too long in there. You'll prune..." She blinked at a thought. "You can swim, right?"

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

jeditemplebanner.png

Tags: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Z9U36lL.png

Ko was pretty impressed with how big the ship was on the inside, having a lot more room and space than he would've imagined just from looking at it from the outside. Looking around the interior all the while he stayed closely behind his new master.

It still showed its age though, the design was notably dated. The humorous thought popped up in his head that the ship might have a carpeted bathroom as well. But he’d never seen or heard of such a design flaw in a ship before so he doubted that would be the case here. After Jonyna mentioned how much less lively the ship was it seemed to sadden her a little and he tilted his head some. Figuring it had to do with her prior life experiences.

But he was here now, so maybe that would amount to something. Ko gave a little chuckle and nodded after her comment about the pool. “Yeah I can swim, but don’t think this mask of mine can allow me to breathe underwater.” The Kel Dor tried that once when he was younger and it didn’t end well at all for him. “It’s a pretty cool ship, and unique too. I’ve never really done one like this, and it has a pool too like you said. Seems more like something that you’d see on a yacht or some cruise ship."

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"It was a scout ship before we stole it. Apparently the Empire treated it's navy pretty well, even if they were a bunch of fascists." Jonyna said with a casual tone. Her thoughts on the Empire were clear as day, but given her background, it didn't take a genius to guess why she held those beliefs. "But it was home for a bit. Mostly whenever the Tenacity was in the shop."

She led her new Padawan past the couches towards a door, leading them into an open mess hall. "Here's the kitchen area. We've got a full stocked fridge you're free to customize. Just don't touch my steaks. Those're mine." Her voice turned serious as she mentioned the steak. She wasn't sure how Kel Dor ate, but she was sure that those steaks was hers. "...down the hall are the bedrooms. Closest on the right to the kitchen is mine, you're free to pick one if you want."

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png

He wondered if Jonyna would be critical of his imperial heritage. Afterall his big brother became a stormtrooper for The Empire and he had a lot of respect for them. She also seemed to mention quite a few names of people he wasn’t familiar with or even knew. Presuming they were from the Imperial Era where she was originally from.

Ko listened to his new master talk about the food situation. She seemed to be rather defensive about her steaks. “Oh don’t worry, I don’t really eat very many kinds of foods, and I wouldn’t even be able to eat your steaks I think.” He explained to her, letting his Master know that her meats were safe from him. The Padawan listened as well about the rooms too. He would get his own room too?!

Looking back at her with excitement his goggles hid a sparkle in his eyes. “Really? I can choose my own room here too!?”

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Yeah, sure. We're gonna be using this a lot, so...might as well. But after the tour. Come and see the helm with me." She smiled, giving him a slight push towards the hall.

As they entered, the helm had four main seats. None were filled, rather the main seat had Dice hooked up, the ship whirring to life as they entered.

"All ready to go Dice?"

The bot beeped back happily, Jonyna grinning. "Alright then. I need find you a radioman eventually, but for now, get her moving. To Cathar we go." She looked to Ko Vuto Ko Vuto , gesturing to the ship. "You wanna give it a shot, get us out of the hanger?"

The bot seemed to boop back at it's master, Jonyna pouting. "No I'm not replacing you! I'm just....giving the kid a chance to spread his wings." The bot beeped back, causing Jonyna to roll her eyes. "Yes, I'll get you some fresh oil at the next stop. Just help him get out the hanger, okay?" She looked to Ko once more. "Come on, take your shot."

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png

Hearing Jonyna words made it hard for Ko to contain his excitement. In fact he couldn’t really contain it. It just seemed like a lot couldn’t help but to express it somehow. Ko sort of just committed to give his new Master a hug. Not really sure how else to show his gratitude. But it somewhat went against his more traditionally reserved behavior. “Thank you Master Si, I really appreciate all this!” He said, not just referring to the room but in a more general sense as well.

But worried that she might not appreciate getting hugged out of nowhere like that he quickly let go and pulled back from the Cathar woman. “S-Sorry I just… feel really thankful for this opportunity to train under you. It’s sorta just hard for me to fully wrap my head around still.” To be fair this was a pretty big deal for him and was extremely new to it as well.

Eventually he moved along with Jonyna into the helm of the ship where her astromech was. Conversing some with the droid she seemed to trust and let him get the ship airborne and out of the hangar. Looking back to her he gave an eager nod ready to ‘take the shot’ as she put it and he definitely didn’t want to disappoint this early.

Taking a seat next to the astromech he scanned the controls through hsi goggles. It was all pretty retro to him but not confusing. Bringing his hands up he flicked a few switches and pushed a few buttons to get the ship ready. Ko had never maneuvered something this big but he wouldn’t let that worry him. Grabbing the steering controls and with a bit of Dice’s aid Ko was able to get the ship off the ground and smoothly exit the hangar.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Awww. Hugs are nice. Jonyna gave her new padawan a pat on the back as he did, before leading them into the cockpit. She watched proudly as he took off, before taking a moment to sit down herself as Dice led them into orbit. "You can take off the controls. Dice will get us into hyperspace now. He's good at that part."

The bot beeped proudly, Jonyna letting out a snicker.

"Yes, I'm aware. You're always good with your numbers." She smiled, looking to Ko Vuto Ko Vuto "So...now that we're here. Go pick a room. You can customize it all you want, just don't knock any walls down. I'll meet you back here when you're done, and I can show you the top deck."

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png

After letting the droid take over the controls and prepare them for the voyage Ko looked back to Jonyna and nodded once more. “Understood Master, I just can’t pick the one next to the kitchen.” He said back, recognizing the few limits he had in his options. Getting up from the seat he walked down the hall some. He opened the door of one of the rooms just to see what it looked like inside before thinking about which one he might want.

With a bit of thought he felt like the room directly across from his Master’s was the next best option as it was closer to the stairs to make it easier to get around the ship from his room. So with that logic Ko would choose the room across from Jonyna. Walking into it to check out the amenities. Seeing what there was in the way of storage, and sitting on the bed to figure out how soft or hard it was.

Eventually Ko familiarized himself with the room well enough. He entered the hallways and headed back to the ship's Helm to check back with Jonyna. “Alright I’ve chosen a room Master Si. I wanted to go with the room across the hall from yours.” The Padawan informed her.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Inside the room, Ko found the door opened to a small couch, large enough for one to use for a guest, or just as a sitting space. Next to it was a small table, enough for one to eat in the peace of their own room. To the left, the main bedroom had a queen sixed bed, with a set of sheets and blanket with twin pillows that were enough for your average naval officer to work with. Clearly, the room hadn't been touched since it had been stolen, as the sheets were still made to naval standard.

Next to the bed, a nightstand sat, one that held what looked to be an ancient book of some sort. Next to that, up against the wall, a dresser sat, letting anyone using the room to have some space for clothes. Across from the bed, a decent size holovision sat, looking ancient in comparison to anything he'd seen before. The question of if it still worked could be asked, but that was something for later. For now, Ko headed back towards Jonyna, who smiled.

"Alrighty then. Follow me." She led him back into the hall, stopping in the middle to point to a set of hatches both above and below the center of the hall. "That's the hatches for the turrets. Might need those sometime, so remember where they are." She then led them up a flight of stairs, gesturing to a door right at the top of the stairs. "That's the infirmary. I don't know what half the stuff in it does, but it's got bandages and blood. Also, a big tank, but I don't know how to work those Bacta thingys."

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png

Ko would do just that, follow Jonyna around as she continued the tour of the ship. Taking good care to make mental notes of where the turrets were. Certainly never wished he’d ever need to use them. But he couldn’t guarantee that he wouldn’t need to at some point in the future.

She continued up to what she said was the infirmary. Ko would reply. “I’ve never really been much of a healer or doctor myself. The most I did was some basic veterinarian duties occasionally when I worked with animals years back.” He explained, medicine wasn't his speciality, so he was sort of in the same camp as Jonyna when it came to stuff like the bacta tank. The padawan wondered silently if a medical droid might be helpful at some point.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Yeah, I've been thinking about getting something to man that station, but it's kinda low priority when we can just zoom back to the temple on a moment's notice. Figure we'll get around to it eventually." She waved off, leading him to the right first. "Here's all our guest bedrooms. Again, not my choice, but we can technically fit up to a full squad of troopers in here if need be. I don't imagine we'd ever have to, but ya know, options." She led them past all the rooms, into a large room at the head of the ship. Inside, a lot of technical sensors lined the room, all of which Jonyna had no idea how to fuction. "Here's the sensor room. My old pilot told me it can scan a whole planet from outer orbit if need be. I can never figure it out. If you can, more power to you. Dice has it set up for long range interception, so nothing's ever gonna sneak up on us."

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png

Ko wordlessly followed along and listened to the explanations that Jonyna gave him. Getting a good idea for the ship’s capabilities. He was somewhat trying to piece together the puzzle of what this kind of vessel was. Not yet thinking that his master was notably tech illiterate. At least no more than someone who had missed out on the last 900-ish years of technological advancement. He imagined that it would get some time getting used to it.

“That’s all pretty neat, I gotta ask, was this ship some sort of courier vessel, or perhaps some sort of scout, surveyor ship? It seems well suited for decent crews, long voyages and the impressive sensor room you mentioned.” When Ko was younger he wished to have joined the Exploration Corps, but the galaxy wasn’t as uncharted as it used to be centuries ago, and the Second Great Hyperspace War meant that the agricorps was the most simple option for the most positive change.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"I believe it was the second one. We stole it off them when they were trying to recover a crashed Confederate Ship that had a scientist of some sort on it." She took a moment to scratch her head. "I uh...didn't really catch why they wanted them, but we wanted to keep them out of Imp hands. We took out the crew and yoinked it off them, converted it into this." It felt a little weird to talk so openly about murdering to her new padawan, but that was the reality she lived in before being frozen, and she didn't want to hide that from him. She knew the galaxy was never going to pull it's punches, and hiding that from someone that age was only going to cause the kid to have false hope. No, she wanted to teach him to have hope in spite of the darkness, not in ignorance of it.

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png
The teen was unfortunately no stranger to taking life, even before Chaldea. The natural world that he adored so much was as cruel as it was beautiful at times. He was no rebel fighting a harsh Empire of a bygone era, but that didn’t mean trouble didn’t find its way to him from time to time. Plus the absolutist views on justice from his home world instilled Ko to have little to know compunctions about killing when necessary. For the padawan, such strongly held beliefs were beginning to unravel now.

“I would’ve loved to have traveled in a ship like this when I was younger. Plenty of storage for the essentials, a sensor system that can scan planets from orbit. The Reaper would be a great ship for a team of explorers.” Ko wasn’t yet sure about the name of the ship, it sounded particularly aggressive for his tastes. But he figured it might grow on him eventually.

A question came to the padawans mind. "Master Si, is there anything perhaps should know about Cathar? I've never been there nor do I really know much of anything about the planet." Ko figured that it being her home-world that she should would be able to answer his question.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"If we ever get the chance, I'd love to bring a full team out on here to scan some more docile planets." Jonyna nodded, bringing Ko Vuto Ko Vuto back through the hall. "Oh, where to start with Cathar..." She couldn't help but get a little nostalgic at the thought, her tone switching to that of a storyteller. "The sky is beautiful at night. We'll be arriving just after midnight if Dice is right, so you'll be able to see the whole galaxy from where we're landing. Oh, we'll be landing on the City Tree Ran Dom Kuun, or Scar of Kuun in Basic. It's named after Sylvar, our species' champion jedi. She's a legend from before Val's time. Decent chance Val met her actually..." She hadn't thought about that one. The age Val came from would've been the later days of Sylvar's life. A thought for later. "It's right on the edge of the Catharian Equatorial Jungle, or as we call it, The Ring of Life. A massive forest spanning the whole continent that goes from one sea to the other, then continues across the planet on the other continents. Ran Dom Kuun is right at the edge, overlooking a massive savannah where we do our Blood Hunts."

As they walked, Jonyna led them into one last part of the ship. "This is the hanger bay. Used to be a cargo bay, but I had the rebels reconfig it to fit this baby." She gestured as she opened the door to the bay itself, revealing Jonyna's personal starfighter, a T-65C X-wing, clearly outdated in the modern era, but still holding it's sheen that Jonyna seemed proud of. "The Starfire. She needs some upgrades, but I figure she can still hold her own as close air support if we need it."

CoruscantBurnsj.jpg

Z9U36lL.png
He liked the sound of that, after his time farming Ko had spent a lot more of his time at the temple on Coruscant. The night was something he missed greatly back in Nubia. The Rural world had next to no light pollution so long as one of its large cities wasn't on the horizon.

His master also mentioned that name again, this time with more context. It sounded as though Sylvar was something of a folk hero to the Cathar from a time possibly even before Master Noble. “I’m sure it’s a lovely world, Cathar.”

Ko followed Jonyna into what seemed to be the last part of the tour she was giving him. He thought that a hangar, even a small one, for a ship this size was great. “I’ve never really had a ship of my own. When I’ve traveled it’s typically with others or on transports with plenty of other people.” He explained to her while looking over her old starfighter. X-Wings were always a popular style, even now.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

A robotic voice came over the intercom, sounding monotone, and yet somehow chipper "We will be arriving in Cathar orbit in 5 minutes!"

"I think that's our cue to head back downstairs." Jonyna chuckled. "I'll let you fly the Starfire around a bit later if you want. Cathar's plains make for great flying space. Maybe we can go out into the savannah and do some training exercises. Upside of Cathar being so underdeveloped is that there's plenty of open space where we can just go nuts with the Force if we want. More or less what I've been up to for the last three months." She led them back towards the stairs. "Any questions, by the way? I guess I should've let you ask a while ago..."
She couldn't help but blush. She was still new to this whole teaching thing...

CoruscantBurnsj.jpg

Z9U36lL.png
Ko brought his clawed hand up to his chin and thought for a moment. “That sounds nice, I kinda imagined that’s what we were doing.” It was rapidly becoming clear that his new Master wasn’t what he would consider an orthodox jedi. But that wasn’t surprising given her background.

He noticed Jonyna blush some after asking her question. Even though she was very different from him, it wasn’t hard to empathize. Ko simply shook his head a little. “No not yet. I’m still trying to take in the fact that I won’t need to continue my studies as independently now.” He was imagining this is what he needed. Chaldea was still fresh in his mind and he hadn’t yet opened up about it to anybody yet. Some had known what he’d gone though and what he’d done there. A large part of him wanted to, but he still felt too ashamed and guilty.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"That's the plan at least. I wanna get a feel for what you're capable of before I ya know, teach you stuff. Don't want to teach you stuff you already know." She nodded as they made their way back to the bridge, the ship coming out of hyperspace to a massive orb floating in the sky.

259.png

"Arriving in Catharian atmosphere in T-minus 3 minutes!"
The robotic voice rang through the air as they slowly entered the atmosphere, the ship being engulfed in the flame of reentry, before slowly drifting down.

As they entered the atmopshere, Ko Vuto Ko Vuto could see the near endless jungle that circled the equator of the planet, the ship going slowly towards the very edge of it, as a massive, city sized tree came into view that overlooked the savannah that acted as the horizon. It's branches acted as streets, and it's trunk acted as the highway for the Cathar below. They came down, landing on a landing pad that seemed to be manned exclusively by Cathar, Jonyna dropping the ramp and letting out a roar, stretching. The locals seemed to wave at her, as if they knew her
"Welcome to Ran Dom Kuun Ko."

doru-butz-highresscreenshot00035.jpg

Z9U36lL.png
What his master said made a lot of sense. No point in going over things he was already quite proficient in. He was pretty old for a padawan getting their first master, and was already decently accomplished in some ways. Ko looked out as they entered orbit and descended upon the planet’s atmosphere, where he certainly noticed Cathar’s large green ring that circled the planet.

Shortly after they landed on a large tree, it reminded him of things he’d heard about the Wookie homeworld and their large arboreal communities. He followed close behind Jonyna as she stretched and roared, catching the attention of other Cathar nearby.

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a large tree before. Let alone be this close to one.” Ko noted, for him it was very interesting given his background and working closely with nature. “And uh, I take it that you’re rather popular here too Master Si?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom