Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Putting the Can in Coruscant

The past few months had been...a trip for the cathar knight. Between journeying out to Cathar only to be confronted with a Star Destroyer, an unhealthy amount of training on New Cov, an unplanned mission to a sith academy, and plenty of lost sleep, Jonyna was exhausted. But she wasn't finished. Now she needed to reference the jedi archives. Find time to practice her new abilities. A trip back to Coruscant, the safety of the GA, helped calm her nerves at least. After all the time running, safety was a stranger to her, one she appreciated very much. She wanted to learn everything she could to prevent what happened on Caldera from happening again. She needed to grow stronger, learn more.

Of course, one thought pinged in her mind. Back on Ukatis, the padawan who she had asked to become his master. If she was to learn, maybe she could...

Wham!

Maybe she could not run head first into said padawan...

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

jeditemplebanner.png

Tags: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Z9U36lL.png

Ko was also on a mission to become a more capable and knowledgeable Jedi after the conflict he faced at Chaldea. From a shelf the Kel Dor padawan picked out a holobook on telekinesis: better understanding it and creative ways to use it. With the book in hand Ko began to make his way out of the library aisle.

With his head down he was reading the back of the book before making a harsh collision with something, or someone.

“Oof!” Ko exclaimed as he was knocked back into the aisle onto his butt. The holobook he was holding fell into his lap. Blinking a few times behind his goggles he looked up to see what just happened and finally noticed the somewhat familiar Cathar woman. He was suddenly reminded of how he choked up in front of her in a fairly embarrassing way back on Ukatis.

His leathery skin went a deeper shape of red and got a little flustered. “Oh…S-s-Sorry I was uh… or um wasn’t l-looking at where I was going.” Ko said as he attempted to scramble back up onto his feet.

"Oh!" Jonyna said, offering a hand to the padawan. "No no, my fault. I was just...deep in thought..." She blinked, shaking her head in frustration. Do it Jonyna. "Hey, um...I know I asked you a bit suddenly last time, but..." She nipped her lip, "I really do wanna teach you. It's...a dream of mine to train someone. I heard around the grapevine you wanted to be an elementalist?"

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png

As the padawan tried to pick himself up he noticed her hand. Pausing for a moment he took it and let her help him up. Thanker the woman as she did. Listening to her words she seemed to bring up her question the last time they met. Like then he felt embarrassed just from recalling his poor reaction.

But it seemed like the offer was still there. Even mentioned how she’d wanted to train him. Ko wondered why. He wasn’t particularly special or gifted as a padawan. Having always felt self conscious about being in his late teens now and not having any mentor. Ko had sort of begun to think he would have to go through his journey of being a Jedi on his own.

She mentioned too how she’d heard his interest in wanting to become an elementalist. Ko gave an eager yet still nervous nod. “Y-Yeah, that’s kinda why I was gonna check out this holobook actually. Looking into manipulating earth and stone.” Those were some of the more common applications he used telekinesis for back in the agricorp. As well as acting as some mystical forklift when heavy objects needed to be lifted or moved around.

“And uh… sorry about turning away from you back on Ukatis. I um, always wanted to get trained under a knight or master. I thought about it a lot actually, but eventually had come to doubt that it would. So when you offered, it’s just not what I had expected so I sorta froze and, you know…” Ko confessed, hoping his words offered some sort of explanation for the way he reacted then.

"I get it." Jonyna nodded, smiling softly. "Walk with me."

The cathar strolled slowly, letting the Kel Dor follow slowly.
"...ya know there was a time I was in your shoes. I take it you've heard my story so far? I know word tends to travel pretty fast around these parts."

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png

Ko gave a nod back, agreeing to walk with her. I Followed along with her in the archives and listened to her words. “Well, I figured every Jedi had to start somewhere. You know, being a padawan at some point.” He replied to her before hearing Jonyna’s question.

“Yeah, bits and pieces at least. It’s not hard to imagine things weren’t all that well documented back in those days…” Ko said, implying that he knew this wasn’t the same galaxy she was used to. Plus information would’ve likely been lost during the centuries since. She was kind of like Master Noble in some ways who he had the pleasure of getting to work with earlier.

"Back when I was on the run, I figured I'd never get the chance to meet another jedi, let alone train under one. So I get it. I get the cold feet. You should've seen me when I met Sylvar the first time." She chuckled. "The elements are kind my thing. Master Noble seems to have specialized in fire, but I've been going more broadly. You wanna specialize in earth, right? I help with that."

As they walked, Jonyna's posture seemed to loosen up. The hero could rest now, the tiger could walk. She was happy now.

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png

“I can’t imagine what that must’ve been like. I always considered myself pretty furntante to grow up in such a relatively peaceful time since the Second Great Hyperspace War.” He said back to her. She mentioned something about a person named Sylvarn, he wasn’t familiar with that name.

Jonyna mentioned the elements once more. He wasn’t aware of it being an interest of her. He nodded once more while walking next to her. “I had done similar things before with the earth during my time in the AgriCorps. I guess I’m just more familiar with it and figured it might have the most utility.”

An ear flicked, before she nodded. "It's always good to start with what's familiar. I started with pyrokinesis more or less on accident. My elemental powers have only grown since then. Did you know know you bend meteorites that way?"

A first lesson. She figured indulging a teen's inherent need to do Cool Stuff would excite the youngster.

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png

That kind of thought never occurred to Ko before. But it makes logical sense. Meteors were just rocks falling from space. The padawan shook his head. “No I didn’t know that, but I can see in my head how that’s possible. I feel like it would be a rare occurrence and difficult to anticipate.”

The Kel Dor thought some more about it. Maybe if a planet had a ring in its orbit a Jedi with substantial power in The Force could pull the rocks down from it and onto a planet's surface. Although the thought almost made him shutter, should a Jedi use The Force in such a way? And if so what kind of situation would one need to find themself in to pull off such a maneuver? Either way it sounded pretty cool but dreadful too, after his mission on Chaldea he was left with so much doubt. Which made any use of The Force more of a struggle for him.

“I don’t know, it just seems hard for me to even wield such power now. Even just a simple rockslide can seem monumental to me.”

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png

She was right and he was still catching up in his padawan training since he left the agricultural corps. His years there have set him back compared to a fair bit of his contemporaries. After she smiled at him his eyes widened some under his goggles. “R-Really? You want to train me like now?”

He was worried his words sounded like he was going to reject her again. “Sorry, I just imagined you were likely busy with other duties. I don't have the time to train a masterless padawan like me.” Ko added, trying to explain his logic. He was still having a hard time wrapping his head around the idea that she would want to possibly take him under her wing.

After all Ko wasn’t much of a warrior, not like Jonyna was. He imagined more Guardian types like her would want to train gifted combatants, not the more scholarly types like he was.

Jonyna shrugged. "Nah, just...training myself to get better. That's about it. I'll take missions from Val occasionally, but that's kinda on the quiet right now. I don't have a padawan myself right now, so...why not?"

To the cathar, it was that simple. A jedi knight needed a padawan, and the intricacies of Consulars vs Guardians was unfamiliar to her. Nor did it matter. She wanted to train this boy, a fellow elementalist.

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png

Jonyna’s words made sense to him. If she had the time to commit to training him, and she wanted to. Then it’s like she said, why not? “But…” Ko stopped himself. Catching the doubts that began to creep up on him and he wanted to strike them down. He held up his hand some and looked down at the thick bandages that covered his palm and digits.

The battle he’d recently been through reminded him that not only did he want a master, he needed one as well. Clenching his wounded hand he looked back to the cathar woman before sharply bowing in front of her. “It would be an honor to learn under you Master Si. Would you train me as your padawan, please?”

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png

At first he was a little taken back, looking back up at her and leaning back. It wasn’t really the answer he expected. But then again Jonyna was far from the type of master he imagined he would be paired with. Now he had someone to teach him. Now he was a real padawan.

Currently he felt kinda weird, he wasn’t too sure this day would come for him. He almost zoned out to his Master’s words before realizing what she asked. “Umm, uh Cathar I think. I imagine that’s where you’re from right. Let’s go there.”

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Jonyna grinned as she walked them to the hanger. Finally she was a jedi. Finally she was a master to a padawan. She nearly snickered at the wording. Master. Bad Jonyna. Stop that.

AS they entered the hanger, Jonyna gestured to an old Imp Scout ship that sat, painted white with cathar tribal markings all over it. It wasn't much, but it made it look a lot less like a stolen Imp vessel.
"Meet the Reaper. It's...not as intimidating as it sounds. " She blushed slightly. She thought it sounded cool when they stole it. "But it scared the Empire, so I kept the name. It's got plenty of bedrooms, a security system, a kitchen, a makeshift hanger, and a pool!"

As they spoke, an astromech rolled out of the ship, beeping and booping whistfully.

"Say hi to Dice, my pilot. Also, Goofy. He's...inside. Probably asleep. Dice has a place to store your lightsaber if you want to. It's where I keep Lucy on stealth missions."

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png
He followed along with Jonyna, pretty excited now with the pretty recent turn of events going for him now. Following closely behind the cathar woman into the hangar where she showed her ship. It seemed pretty old, he’d also never seen such a model before. Ko didn’t really have any idea of what kind of ship it could be either.

Nonetheless he listened to his Master’s words with great interest. She called it The Reaper, and it sounded pretty menacing. It conjured ideas of it being some sort of stealthy but destructive stealth craft. He got the idea she wasn’t very fond of imperial types, after all why should she. But Ko harbored imperial sympathies more than the typical jedi. He secretly hoped that wouldn’t cause any friction between his new master and him. At least not too early into their dynamic.

Looking at Jonyna he said, “It sounds pretty awesome Master Si, I’m guessing this is another home away from home right?” Ko said before glancing at the astromech droid that came to meet them. Although Ko couldn’t quite understand them, they seemed pretty excited. Jonyna said that they were her pilot. He wondered if she didn’t like flying, if Ko was being honest he didn’t really like flying either, but once he was seated in a cockpit he wasn’t too shabby. She also mentioned Guffy who he remembered back when he first met Jonyna on Ukatis. “Hello Dice, I’m Ko, it’s nice to meet you.” The padawan politely introduced himself.

KGvs804.png

The Bot seemed to drive up to Ko, beeping sagely before offering a little thumbs up in the form of a fusion cutter, before turning around and bleeping to itself as it drove back into the ship.

"I'll give you the tour once we take off. You uh...don't happen to know how to fly yourself, do you?"

Jonyna never liked admitting it, but flying was one of her weak points. She could do it, just not well. That was what Dice was for, as was Zash back in the day. She missed Zash.

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

jeditemplebanner.png

Z9U36lL.png

Ko listened to Jonyna’s question and gave a nod. “Yes I do actually, mostly small crafts. But so long as the reaper here isn’t as complicated as a capital ship I don’t think I'll have any problems.” He imagined that she was asking just in case he himself might ever need to fly it. Ko didn’t suspect the possibility that she herself wasn’t a skilled enough pilot.

Still though he was excited to see what the ship looked like on the inside. Then again he was just excited in general now given this most recent development in his life. It also helped to clear his mind from the feelings and experience he endured back on Chaldea. He hoped Jonyna would be able to help him, which had been troubling him since then. Ko hadn’t been able to see his friends like he’d hoped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom