Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purge Protocol: Republic Downfall (Galactic Republic/Echani)

Cole nodded to [member="Janira Fenni"] with a smile. He had been here a whole fives minutes and already had orders. It was something he could definitely deal with.

"Yes Ma'am."

Turning to [member="Alexander Sannes"] he listened to the man's words knowing exactly what he was talking about. It was as normal as breathing. He stuck his hand out to the man.

"Alexander is it?" "It would be my honor."

Cole kept himself in shape, his senses sharp, and even if the man chose the exact spot they were standing in Cole would be happy to oblige. Though he knew better. Such things were bound by honor and the matter in which they were conducted meant more than the outcome of such things.

Jack Sparrow sat uncomfortably in the back of the J-type diplomatic barge that ferried him to Eshan. He wanted very much to pace, but he'd already done enough of that to leav tracks in the posh carpeting. No reason to make myself appear anxious, he reasoned.

[member="Janira Fenni"] had made it clear that no Republic ships would be allowed to land, and Jack had to assume that meant his as well, even though to shoot the Supreme Chancellor's ship out of the sky would likely be considered an act of war. I'm certain there are some, even within the Republic, who'd see it instead as an act of heroism. Let's see how much angrier I can make those people, he thought with a wry grin. Time to see what I can do to about healing some wounds.

The pilot informed the Supreme Chancellor that they'd been cleared to land so long as they didn't deviate from their coordinates, warned that they would be met with armed Echani personnel, and that Janira Fenni would meet him personally.

"I can hardly wait," said Jack.

The two of them would work together fine as long as they had the best interests of their people in mind. She was certain that Alexander would. Cole seemed a soldier so he'd be a good tag along as it were. She was about to shoo them off when she got a ding on her comm and answered it quietly. A frown creased her visage before she responded and then stood, using her cane to keep herself upright at the moment because, well, she didn't feel well and it made her body weak and tired, but she still had work to do.

"The Republic's Chancellor is here," she announced to those gathered. "Alexander I expect you'll want to come with me."

She ignored Nightmare knowing full well that the woman would undoubtedly follow them along. An intimidating presence was sometimes good when it came to speaking with foreign dignitaries; even ones you were already acquainted with. She stepped around the others and made her way through the facility to exit it. Upon walking out, she was flanked by a cadre of brand new EMBU Mk. II droids. They were magnificent really, and she loved them. Ahead, a group of Echani soldiers were standing at attention where the Chancellor's ship was landing.

She walked up and stood, waiting for him to disembark into Eshan's cold. Hopefully he brought a parka.

[member="Alexander Sannes"] | [member="Cole Dagos"] | [member="Jack Sparrow"]

Nightmare, of course, would follow after Janira. No, she was not a bodyguard, but with Janira being her protege, unbeknownst to everyone present, and her own interest in the well-being of the Echani people, she wasn't about to let that sniveling pirate of a Chancellor that the Republic had elected take advantage of the currently ill Janira. That and she liked to be the menacing presence in the room. It was kind of why she chose to be called Nightmare.

The new droids were quite nice, she had to admit. An upgrade to her own design, minus the laminanium armor. It even had its own MITE droid perched near its audio receptor. She could only surmise that long range communications systems had been removed in order to make them less prone to electronic warfare. Smart.

When Janira stopped, Nightmare stopped a few steps behind her and to the side. Wrapped head to toe in white garb, with only the Paladin sigil visible on her chest, and her eyes the only part of her living being to be seen, she could have blended into the snowy backdrop. She stood too close for that, though. She wanted to be noticed as a reminder that the Echani had their own strengthened Force Users outside of their Queen.

[member="Alexander Sannes"] | [member="Cole Dagos"] | [member="Jack Sparrow"]

Cole's jaw tightened slightly before he loosened it as he heard mention of the Supreme Chancellor. To him a Murderer was a Murderer no matter what he or she wanted to call themselves. Even though not specifically invited to little impromptu gathering Cole would be there as well.

Cole would break off quickly gathering a few things from his shuttle before he would reconnect with [member="Janira Fenni"] [member="Alexander Sannes"] and [member="Nightmare"] right as the shuttle mostly like ferrying [member="Jack Sparrow"] arrived at the meeting point.

Cole wasn't wearing a Helmet but he was in armor with a blaster in a holster on his hip, and Echani sword in a sheath on his back. Cole stood separate from the honor guard of Echani Troops hanging back with his people.

[member="Jack Sparrow"] [member="Janira Fenni"] [member="Nightmare"]

When he heard the words his eyes slotted a bit and he sighed. That pirate was here and that usurper of what it means to be a servant of the Republic. It was bad enough that he had been recalled from his service to the Republic out of the words of his queen. But that this joke of a man was here and doing this...

"Id be glad to come to meet that new 'chancellor' of the Republic." He sighed and turned his eyes down to the ground. This was going to be an annoying moment with things as they are. He hated being in a position like this at times. When his loyalty had been skewed through ways of intention that were not his. He would not argue with the decision made by his planet, he was its servant. But to face a man he had spoken so truly against in terms of loyalty and upholding the republic... he would look as nothing more than a gutless hypocrite.

Wordless though as he walked, he looked from his hands to the man whom had become his guard and with a small glance he stared into Cole. The man disappearing and then reappearing a bit while longer. Back in his armor, waiting and watching with the others and Alexander just sighed. Show your might when you are cornered. You arm your walls with paper soldiers in the hope it achieves your goal...

He smiled. Perhaps the Chancellor would not know a show from true strength. The man was nothing more than a pirate with a title that made him feel important. The man should be in a different position though, and his office a cellblock. But alas, the Republic seems to enjoy its criminal.

"Ah, what a friendly group of familiar faces," said Jack, radiating false warmth. Sannes had never had a kind word to say about Jack or anyone else, as far as he could remember. Was dueling legal on this planet? He couldn't remember; he'd had several dealings on and around Eshan in the past, but they had been of a piratical nature and the subject of proper duels had somehow never come up. Jack didn't think Sannes would be much for duelling anyway. He seemed more the type to stand behind someone larger than himself and issue orders. "Good to see you again, Miss Fenni, and thanks for receiving me. I recognize that my visit here is likely futile, but I thought I'd just pop over to see if there was anything I cold do to keep you within the Republic proper, seeing as how I'm moving as fast as I can to erase the...bad taste, let's say, created by events before my time."

Jack didn't recognize the other two, so assumed them to be hangers-on or more likely bodyguards of the two former Republic senators and therefore, for the moment at least, unimportant.

[member="Janira Fenni"] | [member="Alexander Sannes"] | [member="Nightmare"] | [member="Cole Dagos"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom