Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Purgation

f7tnXEg.png
WEAPONS: Lightsaber
EQUIPMENT: Personal Robes
TAGS: Onrai Onrai

The body had been replaced, the mind within slowly focusing as she heard a name. A familiar one that had not been erased with her old body. Her eyes scanned the face, recognition dawning as her face contorted into a weary smile.

"Va-vanessa. I. I did it." Words drained of strength, but bolstered with resolve. Her breathing slowly becoming more even as she leaned into the other being.

"Just. A little. Tired."

mE55pfR.png

In Umbris Potestas Est
“Yes, my little godling.” She returned the smile as genuinely as she could possibly do. “Yes you did.”

She lifted Sasmay’s new form, sculpted perfectly out of the darkness yet very much not an innately evil shape like the last to succeed in such transmogrification, and soon carried her back through the portal, back to the ruins of the settlement where the last known Celestials had chosen to live in their final days outside of the pocket they had made for themselves. There, Onrai would care for Sasmay, feed her with her own energy as she grew tired, as they lived within a half-rebuilt stone structure whose purpose for residence or recreation had long since been wiped away.

On the fifth day, Onrai’s form shifted back to that of her once-mortal self. She sought to encourage her student to follow her example, to change her flesh to something more typical within the galaxy that she might yet wander it under the guise of anonymity. At the same time, far away, her servants amongst the population of Kiross and the other worlds where her worship was promoted were told the truth.

“Focus, and become that which you want to be to the galaxy.”

A new god had been born.

Sasmay Cull Sasmay Cull

f7tnXEg.png

The trip back was missed as she focused inward, bolstering her mind against the threat of hibernation. The draw of the dark side was strong in the well as she was carried away from it, sipping from the tendrils that grew out of reach quickly.

The time passed quickly, days stretching onward as Vanessa shared of herself to keep Sasmay sustained.

Her mentor shifted her form, to one she recognized readily. Beckoning her student to so the same. Sasmay rose to meet the challenge. The focus required was initially intensive. Difficult at first to alter that which was now her divine form. Clawed hands that shifted back and forth between digits and tentacles with ease found shifting to mortal hands a chore.

Channeling the change, the found it easiest to focus within herself before willing it. Several attempts were made, most reverting back to her dark form after failing to shift completely left her face or limbs yet to be changed.

Her greatest effort found fruition however. The slow reversion to something she had wished for time and again as the mortal form danced dangerously close to what she had reflected before her change.

Both eyes were whole. Her vision restored to what it had been before as she examined herself with admiration and a touch of pride.

"There we go." She chuffed, flexing and touching portions of her skin to check. Even with her ascent, she had not yet lost the mannerisms she had cultivated in mortality just yet.

mE55pfR.png

In Umbris Potestas Est
A hand came to Sasmay’s cheek on the side of her face she had kept partially concealed for so long - the eyes were whole. Finally, the blemish that had scarred her since well before they had ever entwined their fates together was gone, removed by the might of Sasmay’s own will. She lowered her hand, a smile gazing over Sasmay as she observed her form’s return to apparent mortality.

“I suppose there are some more questions we should ask.” Onrai said. “Now that you are as you are, what is your purpose in the universe? What should mortals seeking succor for their ailments and issues come to someone like yourself for? The worship of followers is an important thing, especially if you are to sustain yourself away from me.”

She sighed, pondering a few other things. “And of course there is always the question of any new demigodlings that come from you.”

Sasmay Cull Sasmay Cull

f7tnXEg.png

The simple motion stirred her, a warm smile shared with the one who had helped shape her into this new form. The question however made her stumble for an answer.

What would be a worthy cause for her to be champion of. What sort of virtue could be hailed as worthy of recognition for someone that had been as low as she. She had existed through many things. Most unknown to the galaxy by any measure.

Empires would rise and fall without ever hearing of her own struggles that some perhaps shared a similar story with. Or could relate to.

The last bit of thinking caught in her mind. She had struggled, fallen low within her own thinking. Doubted and even pondered the end. But a hand had stretched out, guiding her along. Helping her. Allowed her to persevere. To grow and change.

She had continued along, and grown from her stubbornness. But how best to express that.

"I guess. Perseverance? Or, commitment? Pushing to grow and adapt. It's what you helped me do. Without the willingness to change though, I would have fallen at the end." She tried to put it to words as best she could.

mE55pfR.png

In Umbris Potestas Est
“A goddess of stubbornness and commitment.” She laughed. “It makes sense given your life has always been in defiance of others, needing to go your own path. And there are many who pray for someone to give them the strength to defy the adversity that seeks to consume them. That would be a good way for you to be described to the galaxy as a whole.”

A godly hand came down and rested atop an equally godly head. “I suppose though that there are other immediate things to do, to prepare for. You are always welcome to stay with me, to spend your time with me as much as you wish, but I am sure there are things you wish to do in this galaxy that you would rather I not hold you back from.” She said. “But of course the day will come when Kaine comes to you, or you go to him. The day when he will seek to subjugate you to his will. To exert power over you.” She chuckled. “You are a true god, while he is a false god. Never forget that.”

She thought for a moment. “The knowledge… Do you now know with perfect clarity why you were created, and how?”

Sasmay Cull Sasmay Cull

f7tnXEg.png

The offer of staying was genuine, and while she relished the idea of just existing beside her, knew that things could not stay that way. Even childish wishes could move the galaxy, but could never avoid the inevitable.

"I will always return. In some way or another. You. You are the closest thing to family I have found." She managed to keep herself from blubbering at the words, even smiling as she tried to remain collected. Wiping her face, she nodded to the admission of the eventuality of dealing with Kaine.

"I won't forget that." She affirmed the matter with a simple answer. The next matter however gave her pause.

"I have a good idea, yeah. I exist, and as such, to help defend against the greater threats. The how, a forge of trials to grant clarity and resolve not only for myself but also others. I exist to serve and inspire, raise up and tear down. A will of the galaxy while not demanding of it." The explanation a bit winded, but ultimately as best as she could put it.

mE55pfR.png

In Umbris Potestas Est
A tear shed from the corner of Onrai's eye as she embraced her new peer. "And I can say with honesty that I have never cared for anyone, even one who has shared my own blood, the way I have for you." She said, composure barely maintained as she continued to hug Sasmay. It was a true statement - the entire adventure of teaching Sasmay, of bringing her up to the level she was now at, had fundamentally changed the way Onrai looked upon the world, upon relationships with people, and upon the galaxy in all.

Onrai listened to the explanation but paused for a bit after she was done. "That makes sense insofar as the present, but I was talking more the reasons you were created by our good ice rink-leveling friend. What did he create you for? A servant? A plaything? I am thinking of how best I would recommend you respond should he next be encountered by you."

Sasmay Cull Sasmay Cull

f7tnXEg.png

The hug was returned happily. But the topic shifted back to the one that had brought her into existence. A fact that had eluded her until she had been visited by Vanessa.

"Ah. That. Well. A vessel for his spawn. The best genetics to produce force sensitives with little failure. To guard him when the first purpose was fulfilled to his desires." She explained with a sigh.

"But Mandalorians intervened. And he simply, abandoned the project along with those similar to myself." Less than pleased at the idea, she groaned at the idea of being at his behest.

"What are your thoughts on the matter?"

mE55pfR.png

In Umbris Potestas Est
Onrai thought for a bit before laughing. "The best genetics... Hah. Kaine doesn't care about genetics. He has wives, mistresses, sons, daughters, and bastards of all sorts. A polygamist among polygamists. I've seen children of his that have been strong, the epitome of what he would want in a child. And I've seen children who were miserable failures, whose flaws ranged from turning to the Light Side to having an insatiable taste for the flesh of their fellow man. If that was once his purpose, it certainly is not now." She said.

At the Mandalorians interfering, she sighed. "His relationship with the Mandalorians has been a tenuous thing... Sometimes allies when he can wield the power in the relationship. Often enemies with a sprinkle of betrayal." She shrugged, before the final inquiry from Sasmay came from her lips.

"Personally I would hope that one day your godly womb brings forth demigod and demigoddesses upon the galaxy, as did the once union of the Soulworm herself and the great Kopa Kahn. It was their union that brought forth the four Old Ones that were unleashed onto an unsuspecting universe, all of whom have been slain except for one who barely clings to life. What comes from in there..." She poked Sasmay in the stomach. "Could be anything."

Sasmay Cull Sasmay Cull

f7tnXEg.png

The laugh made her frown, if only because she had seen the shift herself away from the idea of perfection. At one point she might have been seen as something of a triumph. Now merely a function to an end.

"One of the earliest projects. When the idea of perfection existed before the notion fled. Fleeting at best given his successs since then. And failures." She snorted at the idea, seeing the irony in it.

"Mandalorians themselves have little faith in one another. Some fighting over a rock, others scraping out a life for themselves as best they can. Still others for something to rend the galaxy. Much the same as any other being. They just seem more appropriately equipped for the purpose." She nodded her head before the poke to her stomach had her frowning.

"The only true uncertain thing for myself. And alarming at that imagining what could come from such a wondrous and devious origin."

mE55pfR.png

In Umbris Potestas Est
Onrai noticed the frown from Sasmay. "No reason to frown. Kaine can consider you whatever it is he likes, but that doesn't change the reality of what you are. You are as I am. As the Old Ones were, and as the ones who came before them were. The Major Gods, so they were called by the primitive civilizations of the galaxy. A primordial entity that Kaine could not match up to in strength were he to try. Even if he were to become as you are and I am, he would merely be stalemated for all eternity, unable to ever mess with the material domain of the universe."

She thought back to the Mandalorians once more. "They descend from the Taung, once natives of Notron, which we now know as Coruscant. The original Onrai, before she became El'Shuddem the Soulworm, was the one who guided President Zhell, the human she had chosen to lead his kind in conquest, and his Battalions in a victory over them. So it was that they became the Mandalorians, after the world which they escaped to in order to survive and thrive anew. The ideology of the Mandalorians - the true Mandalorians, forged in response to their ancient conquest at humanity's hands - arises every now and then, only to be pacified by those who prefer the lives of peace or mercenary work."

At the end, she found herself nodding in agreement. "The spawn of the Soulworm and Kopa Kahn were as diverse as one can imagine - the bulbous tentacled face and wings of Typhojem, the effervescent shadow and insect-legged oddity of Gorog, the crystalline-scaled flesh-cube of Ooradryl, and the amorphous ever-shifting slimeform of Mnggal-Mnggal. I can only imagine how they will compare - or who their father would even be."

Sasmay Cull Sasmay Cull

f7tnXEg.png

The frown didn't stick for long as Vanessa explained. Mortal feelings still rearing up at times regardless of her form she supposed. The silent wonder of when or if that regard would ever change or if she would be as petulant in later years as she was yet now.

"That is true. The fact cannot be disputed regardless of what may come to pass." She let the matter of Kaine settle as she nodded to the explanation of the Mandalorians.

"And yet the old way prevails with this Maw group. I suppose in the end it is a more base nature than drives those few. Or simply a promise that they cling to." She made the offhand remark of their nature before addressing the idea of her own spawn.

"If any would even tantalize the idea, aside from my creator. It will certainly be an exploration of the unknown." Even with her foresight, there lingered the sarcastic tone of disbelief.

mE55pfR.png

Last edited:
In Umbris Potestas Est
“The Maw is an eclectic group of countless different individuals who have their own philosophies and ideologues. We just so happen to have ones different from the others In that we have an understanding the future they desire cannot be obtained. The destruction of this universe… beings far more powerful than the Dark Lord have tried and failed. I have faith they will not be able to do such.”

Onrai chuckled for a bit. “As much as I would love to, I still could not see you as anything but almost a daughter in a sense. As for your biological creator… perhaps you should…” her lips came over to the ear of Sasmay to whisper something that could never be spoken aloud, even in the lifeless paradise they were presently in.

She knew what it was.

Sasmay Cull Sasmay Cull

f7tnXEg.png

"They are certainly making a grand effort towards that end. While not successful in one sense, they are certainly making themselves quite a belligerent force to be reckoned with." The small laugh at the end of her words making known her stand on the matter.

The topic of her spawn once more had her shaking her head. Though not discrediting the idea.

"A daughter would likely be as stubborn if not more so than I. A frightening notion in its own right." She let the comment fall aside as the words reached her ear. In her other form, Vanessa might have had some difficulty seeing the sharp color that danced along her face.

"I. Well. Uh. Should-ahem." She cleared away the sudden tickle in the back of her throat before speaking again. "The galaxy should weep for such a thing."

mE55pfR.png

In Umbris Potestas Est
"They are, and through them we will have a conduit to further bring the galaxy back under a more harmonious leadership. More will supplicate themselves to us, and we will be able to bless those who give us their prayers." She said. "One of the key delineators between a false and true deity is one's obligation to their worshippers and followers. The many Sith who have called themselves gods and goddesses over the lifespan of our universe have never answered a prayer from the populace. They have never healed the sick, provided opportunity to the poor, helped the lame walk, fed the hungry - all things the Jedi proclaim to be virtuous yet never supplicate themselves to do, no? It's not as though it's difficult to solve the problems of those in the galaxy, but if there were no problems, they could not be exploited so such agendas became commonplace in the world."

"Stubborn? Only if you give her a name barely pronounceable in Galactic Standard. I wouldn't want to see a godling have to live with a name like Tharagorrogaraht." She said, before smiling at the flickers of color that arose on Sasmay's cheeks.

"Some would call it just desserts."

Sasmay Cull Sasmay Cull

f7tnXEg.png

"The only power within the populace among mortals is that which they hand over freely. Why fix a problem when they bend the knee in vain hope of remedy?" The words were bitter. Her brow arching at the mention of a name.

"A name." She turned a bit more toward her mentor as a thought crossed her mind. "I was called Darkkoninn. The project I mean. I rather like the name. A lovely flowering plant with poisonous fruit. I might take that as my own. Darkkoninn. Hmm. Perhaps a variation of it." The idea turned over in her head, given the two names her mentor wielded depending on the situation. Her eyes flicked upwards with a mischievous grin at the last bit.

"Of that one would be correct I suppose."

mE55pfR.png

In Umbris Potestas Est
"Worship is the truest sense of mortal subjugation to one's self. It's why false gods are so dangerous - mortals can do great things with such praise and support. Terrible things, yes, but great. Such is why it's important to ensure their worship is dedicated to the right people, those who will actually respond to their prayers." She pointed out, before hearing more about Sasmay's origin.

"Darkkoninn." She said, smacking her lips a bit as though she were tasting something new. "You're not very poisonous, though. Not in personality, or in physical attributes." Out of the blue she gave Sasmay's forehead a quick kiss. "No, nothing."

Perhaps there was one other thing she needed to show her ascended student.

Sasmay Cull Sasmay Cull

f7tnXEg.png

"Very true. Though in practice much more difficult to sway those who believe themselves protected by these false deities." The examination of her own beliefs tied to the statement as her mentor made light of the choice in names.

"I'm onl-" The words barely spoken as Vanessa graced her forehead. The act producing a wry smile.

"It was meant without sincerity. I've not a poisonous sinew or bit about me. But something other than my own name for those to utter would be better. I'll have to think on it before attempting to share it for worship." The idea of being worshipped for anything still an alarming concept to work through for the being.

mE55pfR.png

In Umbris Potestas Est
"Sadly." She agreed. The fanaticism of supporters for the Zambrano family as deities in fleshy form was more than evidence of that.

"I know." She said. "It's why my old identity as a mortal has for the most part been forgotten, or just used as a pseudonym. As for being poisonous - it wouldn't be too surprising if it was a way your stubbornness manifested somehow. All that resilience, all that stress and strain distilling into a potent toxin would not be unheard of, and poison is always an interesting thing for a god to care about."

Sasmay Cull Sasmay Cull

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom