Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purely Academic I assure you

Taeli got off the shuttle near the Temple of the Gray on Alderaan, glad her flight was over. She had seen mention of a technique called soul transfer, and she gotten extremely curious about how it worked, but she didn't want to mention to Darth Praelior she had seen it. Apparently, it was an extremely rare and dangerous technique and had been used in the past to allow Sith to store their souls away to save themselves. While the idea fascinated her, she was doing this out of a purely academic quest, so she had instead sent a message to Alexandra to see if she knew anything about the technique.

The only reply she had gotten was to come to Alderaan, to the Temple, which had Taeli even more curious. She hoped that Alex would be able to help her sate that curiosity.

[member="Alexandra Lianne Feanor"]

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
[member="Darth Arcanix"]

Alexandra was busy taking extreme measures and triple checking to make sure she sealed Hel under a mountain and then tasked Daeda with distracting the dark entity, she really didn't need Hel trying to get out of her head again, last time that happened she spent several months fighting for the sith before she got pregnant and she was thankful that that was over though she had made some close friends and contacts there. One such contact seemed all too interested in a power that Alexandra was far too familiar with. Thus her state now as she looked out towards the approaching figure. "Taeli, good to see you."

"Alex, always good to see you," Taeli said, waving at the woman. Her pregnancy seemed to have advanced even further than when she had seen the woman to discuss the deal with the Imperial Remnant, and something about her seemed a bit off today. "Can we take this inside though, I've got these questions burning in me and some answers would be highly appreciated."

Taking a closer look at her, she said, "You alright? You seem highly pre-occupied about something besides the move and the pregnancy." She had no idea what else it could be as Alex seemed to live a pretty laid-back life as far as she had seen, but perhaps the woman would be more active once her pregnancy was finished.

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

"Im just... worried... inside Taeli, now... Eve i want all the security drones active and everything on lockdown right now... and if i exhibit any weird behavior at all, i want me shot with a stun blast immediately, and change the authorization codes right now so i dont know them." The AI would simply do so without question as Alex entered her home and walked to a room containing several security droids who trained their rifles on Alex immediately. "Taeli, why did you contact me about the ability?" She would sit down, making sure each droid was aiming at her.

Taeli raised an eyebrow at both Alex's tone and over precautions. She was also feeling a bit threatened by everything, but she fought the urge to grab her lightsaber, it wouldn't do to insult her host.

"I came across it while reading and got curious," she said shrugging, looking at the security droids. "I didn't think it was possible to move soulds around from one body or object to another, and i didn't want to ask Balaya as that might cause awkward questions. Okay, your turn to come clean, what the kark is going on around here? You look far beyond worried and these security measures seem a bit extreme."

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

"I learned the power you speak of, and will never use the thing again as the reason it was learned if for a far different time. But my mind is fractured, you see at first a being named hel was a split personality of mine, yes i suffered from the disease. But during my... communions with the Force itself, i inadvertantly actually started to form a separate entity inside my own mind by using my hate and fear and anger to keep this entity sated while i held onto my... pleasant emotions... One day i was Coruscant, murdering Sith and Sith Troopers in the aftermath of the One Sith's take over of the planet. Balaya found me and we fought as the entity took control of my body... now keep in mind that it is in these direct connections to the force that the spirit was able to be created and in cutting me off from the force as Balaya did by body was sent into a actual flood of pain, my soul being ripped apart and the only way to salvage any sanity was to remove the entity now named hel from my body... i suffered pain for three long months, my connection to the force and my own soul even began to fail at times... so to fix this i fought Hel who now had her own body. I was put in a hospital for a week or two, surrounded by healers and doctors after the fight. But i was able to Return Hel to my mind and now im doing everything i can to keep her there.... which is why when i show you the process today, i will make sure she does not take the advantage to trick you or myself into trying to practice or demonstrating it."

Well that certainly makes her more interesting, Taeli thought as Alex told her the tale. A split personality, not just any but a dark side one by the sound of it, existed within her friend here. Would wonders never cease, and here she had thought this woman in front of her was more light side than anything else.

"You Order of the Gray members take your balance thing a little too seriously," Taeli said, trying to make light of the situation momentarily. "Anyways, I'll appreciate any guidance you can give me about this technique, even if I'm not practicing it."

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

She sighed a bit and nudged Daeda out of her robes so that he could sit on the floor beside her. "Ok Daeda, keep her distracted please. Arcanix, are you sure you are ready to learn the process, i will have to draw out the steps one by one on a holodisplay, that way it can be erased in a moment if Hel tries anything... Eve, open up the display." In a moment the room flared for a moment and alex smiled, her hands moving and in them expanded a cube like hologram, her hands twitching before suddenly expanding the cube around them as a sort of mock room, on the floor of the cube was a dummy holographic body.

"That's impressive technology there," Taeli said, admiring the hologram and examining the holographic dummy body. "I'm ready to learn whatever you're gonna teach me about this thing, but are you really so worried that this Hel will interfere with the lesson?"

She wasn't entirely certain, but something seemed to be struggling underneath Alex's calm yet tense face. A shadow of something was observing them, and Taeli had to admit to herself, it interested her and it seemed interested back. But then that could just be her imagination, and all she was seeing was the stress caused by the pregnancy and move.

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

"Yes, and im sure she would love the oppertunity to meet you as the last person she did was forced to knock me out to stop her from hurting them... i mean yes i largely have her under control to the point where she cant force my body around like before but she is still a blasted pest... Daeda, shut her up please." She looked at the Ashlan who was already on it, trying to give Alex the time she needed to focus on the task at hand. "Ok, the first part is to place the object itself on the body of the one that you are transferring the soul into, assuming said thing is in an object, otherwise if you are the one practicing it you simply need to find the new body or person and separate your soul from your body... i am going to show you the former method only though, atleast for today. I am sorry but i am not giving you a cure for immortality miss Taeli, atleast not today."

"I wouldn't want to be immortal anyways, got too much of my life to live yet," Taeli said with a smile. She had read about the risks if you tried to take someone's body over and failed, she didn't feel like exploring a void anytime soon.

"So how does one move the soul out of the object?" she asked, "I get the part about the object needs to be near the body you're moving it into, but how does that work?"

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

"The process is something of old Sith magic, requiring blood forming a circle and many Sith runes placed around this body in order for the spell to take its effect correctly... i will give you a list of those runes in numeric order, as there are a hundred fifty you need to draw in the correct order and i would love to show you them all and name them but i do not have the time, so i will have Eve implant them into the hologram and save you the moment as i want to conclude this as quickly as possible... Eve three times speed up to the point of the next step... oh and Taeli, all of the writing -must be done in blood-. Preferably the body's blood if you can manage that, but if not do not worry, the seal will still hold if the process is done right."

"When does Sith magic not require blood?" Taeli joked, but taking careful note of the symbols around the body. While the information was being beamed to her datapad, she used a small nudge of the Force to make sure back-ups were transmitted to her office terminal and her personal secure files in her quarters at the Sith palace. No one would blame her for being careful, she didn't want to lose this information or allow it to fall into someone else's hands and be used against her.

"So after the runes are drawn and the circle complete, it creates a sort of seal for the soul so it cant go anywhere but into the body?" she asked, wanting to be clear what affect the runes had on the spell.

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

"In a way yes, they are more so a source to draw power from as well as give you a visual sense of how you should be controlling the flow of the force. The Runes themselves each are a word you must also speak, so think of it as a way to remember your lines if you ever come to the point of forgetting them."

"Ah, okay then," Taeli said, logging the information away in her head. "So what is the next step?"

She was more curious than ever about this ritual as it seemed both very complex and powerful, but then it needed to be she mused, as it was literally moving a person's soul out of something and into something else. The amount of power it would take would be excessive to say the least

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

"Much like the creation of a nexus requires those creating it to spare a rather draining amount of power, you are both binding a spirit to a body as well as reviving a body itself. This will require you and anyone else to link your energies together and chain them into both a form of concentrated energy. The stronger the people, the more effective the spell of course. As such you will then chant the Sith spell, it will take you many times over as it would be your first time though this is about as close as it gets to understanding centuries worth of study... you must do this until you are absolutely certain the bond is made, otherwise the soul -WILL- be lost to the void for good."

"I see," Taeli said thoughtfully. She had been correct in her assumption that this particular ritual would take a ton of energy, but this chain concept was interesting. It almost sounded like a Force Meld, but different in that it was more directed towards sending energy into something. She wondered if there was any risk to the participants, other than losing the soul and exhausting themselves.

"How can one be certain the bond is made and is there any risk to those performing the ritual?" she asked, observing the dummy briefly before looking up at her host.

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

"Well, the first way would be to see if the body is moving in any way that isn't twitching or convulsions... past that it really is rather hard to determine if the seal is made... infact now that i think about i was never fully told how by Circe when she had taught me... hmm im going to have to ask her that next time we meet. To tell the truth Taeli, it would be best to try and sense for the soul, i assume when it takes there will be some warning though i am not sure."

"Okay log that away as an I don't know, just see what happens," Taeli said with a smile. She had heard mention of this Circe person in intelligence briefings she had trawled through in her spare time, and she had no idea who this Circe was even from that. Maybe she would meet her one day.

"So what else is there to this ritual?" she asked, unsure if that was everything required for it. Not that it wasn't already complex as was, but it seemed to her mostly explained.

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Darth Arcanix"]

"Ive explained all ive been told about it in regards to moving a soul to another... doing so from a body to an item i am less sure about or even more so a soul from a body to a body, so i suggest you not try such."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom