Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Pulled to the Music

SETTING: Underground Louge, Ryloth
5fee5cb865ebe1d62fa317200e2986ae.jpg

Outfit/Appearance
Music
Felix Aquila Felix Aquila

It was a comfortable song, one Diamis could perform forwards and backwards, with her eyes closed, and with no background music. But it was a classic, and one crowds always seemed to enjoy. One of the pinnacles of her repertoire. It was close enough to much of the popular music on some of the more populated planets, but with Diamis's unique updates to make it purely her own. She expected nothing less than perfection for herself, and her music was a reflection of that. No song would be performed unless she knew it with her whole soul (wherever that was, she would commonly joke with herself).

Playing for a crowd of mainly Twi'leks was something DIamis rarely got to do, but something she enjoyed doing. After thousands of years of their people being used as slaves to other species, she felt it appropriate that they had some places of control, and was more than pleased when she got the opportunity to perform on Ryloth. She hadn't performed on the planet before, but now that she was there, was plenty open to performing there in the future. The climate was difficult for the Chiss, but the comfortable air levels in their indoor spaces and the genuine kindness she'd been given by the bar owner when hired was more than enough for her to agree to return trips in the future.

Diamis kept an eye out on the crowd as she performed, both watching for their reactions, any new arrivals, and any possible threats. All the while, her face in a pleasing expression, continuing her song.

Last edited:

Tag: Yed'Iami'Sabosen Yed'Iami'Sabosen

Felix didn't often spend much time in smokey lounges, clandestine meetings amid a global epidemic of depraved nobles seeking to take advantage of the attack on Ryloth some years ago had put pressure on the fledgling lord. There were few who had hoped to overturn them, most were either suppressed by the oppressive regimes or blackmailed into obedience. It was a mess, either of the two capitol cities were mired in scaffolding, struggling for power on rotating schedules which sought to ration the cities limited electricity to its people. However, those with status were privileged enough to ignore those issues.

Word had reached the boy's ears to a singer who had come from off world, a natural talent that was performing out of this particular bar. New, but there was something that drew his ear, the notes she hit were practiced and pristine. Something that one who appreciated energy and wave formations could appreciate. He wasn't sure if it was undertones or overtones, but the thought of the extremely logical Chiss species developing a musician intrigued him. Thoughts wondered about the science of music, her potential approach to how she sung and if the bar hung on her notes was some feat of psychology or perhaps something deeper.

But the boy would watch, his eyes floating between ethereal pinks, purples and blues in swirling cloudy miasmas painted across his eyes. Not glowing, but bright enough that one would feel that they could always know the colour, even in a dark room. He'd sit, and wait until the end of the show, her song called to memories of good times and bad. As she finished Felix would hand a note to the barman with a small donation of credits for the singer. A thousand credits was little to him, enough to show appreciation, but to some it was a life-changing amount of money. Paying the guy to make sure she got it.

From there he would pay to make two drinks himself and take them to a nearby booth, settling himself down in hopes that he would have company soon. The empty space in the rooms ambiance once filled by her voice left a void which the following act failed to fill with amateur bar tunes.

Should she arrive he would stand to meet her. Hand to his chest to still his beating heart.

"I Uh~, Hello there. My names' Felix, It's a pleasure to meet you."
jHiLsO.png

Finishing her set, Diamis sauntered offstage, catching the bartender's eye. He tilted his head back slightly; he had something for her. She slipped onto the stool towards the back of the bar, leaning in. He slid her thin purse back over to her, nodding. She nodded back, then cracked it open. After a few seconds of checking it out, she leaned back on the stool, pulling her bag close to her. She blinked a few times, processing what was just given to her.

"Who?" she simply asked.

"Fluffy haired human man," the barman replied. He glanced over to the booth where the donor sat, allowing Diamis to follow his gaze.

She briefly gave the human at the booth a once-over, then turned her attention back to the barman. "We'll be in touch. Always a pleasure."

Diamis slid off the stool, wrapping the long thin strap of her purse over her so it hung comfortably at her waist, bouncing slightly as she moved. She let out a wry smile as the human stood up. His hand clutched onto his chest-- if she were one to use the word outside of her work, she'd almost say it was precious.

"Diamis," she said, holding a perfectly manicured hand out to meet him. "The pleasure is mine."

He'd watch as the sky blue skinned singer would make her way over to the manager of the estate, keeping the gift case tight to her chest and being pointed over to his direction. Felix's face would creep into a smile as she made his acquaintance, outstretching his arm and shaking her hand firmly, offering her a place to seat at the table and finally waiting for her to sit, presenting her with the second of the drinks he'd ordered before finally at the end of it all, he found himself returning to his seat.

Manners maketh man after all.

The greens of his eyes would melt away like smoke disseminating amid moving waters leaving his eyes as a pool seeming to reflect the colour of her skin, his ever present smile fixed in place with genuine mirth as he would continue. "I hope the gift wasn't too much, you see its not often we get visitors like you on Ryloth, people around here are already buzzing with excitement. I wouldn't be surprised if you caught the eye of some of the aristocracy around here soon... but I find its places like these that could always use the lift. So, what brings you to this neck of the verse?" The candid manner of his conversation was casual, nothing too formal once he was settled down, his attention locked on her as the room would fade away into obscurity as she would veritably devour his attention.

He could feel something about this person that was hidden, her song alone had begun to teeter his foresight, stringing up an emotional response which he hadn't expected to befall him to such a level he almost lost control. The boys' penchant for futuresight was occasionally meddlesome that way. But the force moved around this woman in ways it didn't move around the other members of the tavern, it was like she was able to move her hands through its current just enough to make a subtle ripple, to reach out and touch it while to others it remained eternally ethereal.

The Knight Obsidian found it curious, perhaps in need of investigation. Force Sensitive Chiss were hard to come by... rarer in recent years....

jHiLsO.png

Diamis lowered herself to the seat, taking the offered drink with a silent nod. Each of her movements were preplanned, rehearsed. Bars, lounges, cantinas-- they were her stage. Not just the performance area, but the whole building. And history be damned, she was an actress.

Her red eyes glimmered ever so slightly as Felix spoke. The man certainly knew how to pique her curiosity. She took a tiny sip of the drink. She learned early on that Chiss had higher alcohol tolerances than humans and many other species. She'd also learned that it was a fact that not many other species knew. It was another beautiful environmental factor that Diamis used to her advantage. The situation was always under her control.

"The gift was extremely welcomed," she said. "It's certainly an effective way to get a woman's attention." Diamis usually prided herself on being a woman who couldn't be bought, but now that she was on her own, well-- credits were credits.

"Now as for your question, I go where my work takes me. Performing," she explained, gesturing with one hand towards the stage. "Sometimes I propose to the venue, sometimes the venue proposes to me. Truth be told, I'm hopeful that if I keep getting my name out there, I'll be doing less and less chasing." Despite her icy front, this was the genuine truth. There was something so inviting and (dare she say) glamorous about being asked to perform somewhere, and to have that be her life? Well, she'd be more than pleased, to say the least.

"What about yourself? What brings you here?"

Felix would smile warmly as she would accept her seat, nestling down and sipping on the drink humbly as Felix would visibly relax. With pleasantries out of the way he too accepted his place once again at the table, nursing his own beverage as he would listen to her methods. There was something about the Chiss that intimidated him, they had a presence that was voluminous and expansive whenever they moved into a room. The Chiss Empire... had always demanded respect, their technology had always been considered some of the best in the galaxy far beyond that of Corellia. Felix had spent the better part of half his life studying technology that had come from their home-world... until supply dried up.

"Interesting, well i take it that it Ryloth caught your eye somehow, I don't think that many here would have the credits to spare for an artist such as yourself... But as for me, I live here. Well, not here, I have an estate on the Northern continent. But, I heard that there was some brilliant performer signing up a storm in some of the common haunts, I thought I would come and check it out."

He would take a sip of his drink his eyes straying from her, trying not to stare. It had been a while since Felix had, had to play politician, he missed the wheelhouse of dealing, dueling with offers and counteroffers. Rapport replacing the light-saber or blaster and the debate of the antechamber the battlefield.

"But, i am glad I got your attention, you really are something. It's a shame that more people in the city can't hear you sing. Or do you prefer the comfort of a smokey bar?"

Felix would ask, the beginnings of an idea swirling in his head. There were other places here that a person could perform at, and while his money wasn't able to rebuild entire cities and infrustructure it was enough to build one building. A Cultural center, with an amphitheatre, a place where local leaders would be able to organize and functions could be held. Such a place would need an opening... He liked where this thought was going, but in its infancy there was so much that needed to be unravelled, and he would need to see if she was willing to participate in such a task.

jHiLsO.png

Last edited:

Ah, flattery. With Diamis, it would either get you nowhere or somewhere, depending on who you were. With Felix, it was getting him somewhere. The flattery wasn't why, though. There was something about him that intrigued her. There was something behind his words. He seemed to be thinking two steps ahead of himself. In her opinion, that was always a good quality-- even if it ended in something bad for her, she could appreciate the tactics.

"That's part of the reason Ryloth caught my eye," she explained. "I'm a very firm believer in giving open access to the arts." Of course, that was partially from her own stubbornness, but the point still stood. People deserved to have things that were beautiful and enjoyable, especially in worlds ravaged by war. She hesitated slightly, the image of Csilla flashing through her mind, before focusing back in on Felix.

"Lounges like this are where I've been fortunate enough to get my start. However, I'm certainly not opposed to performing in larger and more open venues." There it was again, words behind his words. This was leading into a proposition, and Diamis had a feeling that it would be one she'd be interested in. She placed her drink down, resting her head on her interlocked hands, elbows just sitting on the edge of the table. "A stage is a stage. I'm comfortable on all of them."

The boy enjoyed her candor, she shot straight as a blaster, knew what she wanted and perhaps even how best to achieve it, Felix wasn't even entirely convinced he wasn't the one being played here. But as he nursed his drink and listened to her curt responses he was moving ahead with several of his plans. Though the question remained as to whether or not the woman before him was a mark, or an accomplice... which one was yet to be decided, though the wheels were in motion, which she would be would be decided shortly, though Felix would be dismayed to destroy the career of a young artist so soon. She could recover later if she were inclined to do so.

"I've always found that the arts are a vessel, they can take you anywhere you'd like to go, to escape the perils of a mundane life, or to confront things deep within you . . . Depending who you talk to, the people here need both . . ."

The young man would allow himself to trail off. He was tired, tired of deceit, tired of deals in the background. Perhaps he was desperate or perhaps he had ascertained that a Chiss, a species which almost invented the archetypal deeply logical creature would respect someone who simply laid out everything before her. Kark it . . .

"I don't know how much you know about Ryloth, a few years ago it was attacked, a combined assault between grass roots terrorists and outside influence all but annihilated the leadership infrastructure of the planet. Old leaders are dead or missing and the new ones are the scum of the earth."

Felix would lean back in his chair, contemplating as he breathed a sigh.

"I don't expect you to be able to fix all of our problems, but, I think a big show could be a vessel to begin undoing some of the wrongs. Either way, its going to be a hell of a show, and I'm sure you'd be interested. But, I want to ask you before we go any further, are you interested in performing..? Or would you like to help?" His eyes betrayed a slightly darker intent, something that was possibly radical, sinister or both. But a glint of gold within his dark chromium eyes shone like a spark of hope.

His words intrigued her. He spoke somewhat like she did, balancing on the line between what he wanted to say, the straight truth, and the courteous flowery language that covered up secrets in company. The political situation of Ryloth was important to him. That much was clear. And it wasn't just a 'for the greater good' deal, oh no, it was personal. He had a stake in it. But the truth that was laced throughout his words was good evidence that he was on the side of the people, on the side of good.

'Are you interested in performing..? Or would you like to help?' Diamis couldn't help but let out another wry smile. She was no military-woman, not like the majority of her species. But she certainly had the training to look like she was. "You can certainly consider me interested," she replied. "And you needn't worry about my safe travels, even with all this turmoil. I can certainly handle myself." She played his game right back to him, weaving two thoughts together in one.

"I am very interested in assisting you with this performance." She finally replied straightforward, agreeing to both of his sentiments. "I'd love to see where and what you had in mind."

Her acceptance towards the idea had Felix almost reeling, finally something was going well, and moving quickly no less. But, now that they had something actionable they would need so much more before something of this scale could be pulled off, however, at the wry cheshire smile wrung across her face like a constellation, Felix understood that not only did it seem he had a willing participant. He had an Ally.

Thankfully the masking of the busy room afforded them some secrecy as Felix would reach into his pocket and pull out a small device, activating the baffler on the table. It was a simple machine, producing audio waves that would disrupt anything with a microphone in a rather destructive way. Recording this conversation would be nothing short of impossible, while those spying on it would have to learn how to read lips quickly, an ability few had truly mastered, and considering Felix was manipulating the light surrounding themselves so that they seemed to mimic another conversation to the rest of the room... He had his bases covered. No noble in Public on Ryloth wasn't spied on in some way.

"This should keep our conversation private. First, i should thank you. It's not often that I get the chance to deal with someone noble. So, the long and short of my plan is easy. Backed by me and a couple of my fellows we can create a grand stage for you to perform on and advertise you almost planet-wide. We break up the event into the main event, but also a network of VIP offers, a private performance, meeting you and more. A classic Honey Trap. But the nobles here couldn't help themselves, they're blinded by opulence, so all we need to do is make this performance a grand enough spectacle and put a high enough price tag on the whole thing." Felix was excited, he was developing this idea off the top of his head as more and more came to him by the moment.

"Because if we can get them in a room with you, we can maybe seperate them from a host of their security. There would probably still be some, but not the veritable army we'd otherwise have to deal with. As soon as the doors behind them close, we have them! What do you think? Does it seem sound?" His eyes would search hers for approval, criticism, input. It was base, there were things that needed to be figured out, venue, the details of a show, how advertising would be done on Ryloth and more. But no doubt she was more experienced in such matters.

Diamis watched Felix's hands as he pulled out the device and popped it onto the table. She raised an eyebrow and made a mental note of it. Oh she had to get her hands on one of those. If her work continued going in the direction he was suggesting it could go, it would certainly be an intriguing little gadget to have. She looked back up at him as he described his plan. As usual, her face was a collected calm, but if he knew anything about Chiss biology, her eyes were giving away her excitement as the red seemed to glitter.

'We can create a grand stage for you to perform on and advertise you almost planet-wide.' To use a phrase that made her silently giggle when she used it, that was music to her ears. Fame and fortune weren't everything, Diamis was fully aware of this. But the ability to make such a leap in her reputation in one huge performance? It could get her leaps and bounds towards where she wanted to be... wherever that exactly was.

She leaned back after a moment, listening to him describe the details-- or come up with them off the top of his head, as he admitted. (She silently appreciated his honesty. It made him more trustworthy to her.) Finally, once he finished, she chimed in with her own questions. "What's our backup plan?" she asked. "I do trust your plan, but when it comes to the wealthy and the aristocracy, I'm sure you know, they can be quite... unpredictable. If we aren't able to get them alone, what's next?"

Felix's mind was processing at light-speed, she perhaps overestimated what constituted planet-wide advertising on Ryloth, of the continents on the surface of the planet one of them was almost completely uninhabited while the other had vast jungles peppered with towns villages and the occasional city. Two capitol cities and three or four dozen other locations which were civilized enough to constitute advertising to. Not to mention personal invites which could spread to the myriad families who may want to make an appearance, which, in earnest was far simpler.

"Backup plan is easy, your reputation on Ryloth skyrockets after a successful performance. You come back to perform for me and mine at House Aquila, private function, no admittance, rub it in their faces." He began, thoughts cascading as the excitement in his own eyes would almost match the Chiss. He couldn't help it, the Knight Obsidians eyes weren't under his own control, his dominion over visible light saw that they change colour frequently. Felix had always been attentive, he saw the trembling shimmer of intrigue in her eyes as easily as her sapphire skin.

"It will be considered somewhat of a challenge to all of their pomp and opulence. I'll no doubt be fending off half a dozen honor duels against their seconds, but I can handle myself. They'll fight over you like rabid animals to outdo me as a host, we counter-offer for a one time special show for only those who we need there. We can storm the place, and overwhelm them all. It would probably out you, unless you played ignorant. But being a savior of Ryloth would probably be good for the brand."
He'd finish, leaning back and waiting for her input or thoughts on the idea, handing the floor over to her with the very literal space he would create between them.

Yet, all the while he felt like he was missing something, his hand floated to his shoulder to touch the grace of a hand he had hoped would be there, looking to find nothing, disappointed. It's not like there was any chance they would be here, likely worlds away dealing with their move to an entirely separate section of the universe. The sigh he would let out was almost sorrowful, exasperated, it peeled the facade of the masks he wore away a little more than he would like. They had effect on him.

He wondered where Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin was now...

Bringing his eyes and mind back to reality he would smile, apologize as for a moment he seemed parsecs away with a thousand yard stare before coming back to focus. They were planning for treason, he couldn't afford the distraction. No matter how welcome it was.

jHiLsO.png

Once more, Diamis listened silently. He truly seemed to have this all figured out. Either he was a master strategist, or he'd come here with a plan. Either way, she certainly wasn't opposed to working with him. Quite the opposite, in fact. She let out a light chuckle at his mention of honor duels. Now that was something she'd like to see. Nothing like that existed on Csilla; it was quite literally every man for themselves. She didn't want to see Felix in danger, but an honor duel would be quite a sight to see indeed.

"So, we put on the show, get their attention, and... take care of business." She stated, waving her hand slightly at each step, as if keeping time with her own voice. "Am I to join you in any of the work, or am I simply the distraction?" Although he had given them a bubble of protection with his gadget, it was still too far beyond Diamis's comfort zone to say things like murder and assassination out loud. That would take some time getting used to, if this line of work were to continue.

She sat up slightly as he placed his hand on his shoulder and sighed. She took a small sip of her drink, then decided to at least ask. Silence would get her nowhere, but curiosity could at least start a path. "Looking for someone?"

5ec430fd382a5316ef847efe19f609a5.jpg

Felix would be pulled back to full attention before her words, reading the glimmer of excitement from her eyes as he talked about the honor duels, it would fade however, he wouldn't smile at the thought of her getting involved, though if she was passionate about wanting to do her part to fix things on this world, there was little that he should do to stop her. But, how to go about something like that? Thinking for a moment, Felix would react to her second question first.

"Always, you would too if you were in my shoes, But there are some people who i... wished were here. Why, is there anyone you'd like to be involved?" He lied, there was one person he wished was here. But they weren't and he doubted they would be for a second assassination.

"As for the former, how deeply you would like to get involved is entirely dependent on you, I would want to make sure you're protected. But I can make sure you're well equipped for the evening if that's something you'd like. House Aquila has a profound Research and Development wing for security contracts which I'm sure we could fins something for you. Most of our technology is founded in Chiss science, so it should be familiar." And with that, the smile would come creeping back. There was something, intriguing about a singer like her turning femme fatale.

Felix lifted out a tablet, placing it on the table beginning to run numbers, estimates, deadlines that would need to be met for something like this to come to pass. It was expensive, but it would serve more than one purpose in the end of things.

As the evening

jHiLsO.png

Ah, now that was a question. Was there anyone she wished was there? And to her own muted sadness, the answer was no. Of course, the emotion wasn't going to show on her face. Not while discussing what was possibly the most intriguing business contract of her life. "I'm quite pleased with current company, and I trust your connections." She simply stated. It wasn't a yes, but it wasn't a no either. Just the way she liked it.

Diamis nodded as he spoke. She ran the options through her head. If she were to simply be the distraction, to perform, it would be like any other job to her, just one with consequences she was silently aware of. She would also most likely be safest if that were the case. No chance of getting shot at if you weren't aiming a blaster at someone. But if she were to join in and seal the deal alongside him... well, it would be the show of her life. Danger would certainly follow if she took that path, but what was life without a little danger? She smirked at his mention of Chiss technology. She was silently glad to know that even after the planet's destruction, its people's work would live on.

"I don't think it would be a bad idea to hold onto a bit of personal protection." She finally said, laying her cards on the table. "And to think, the surprise on their faces would be priceless." She winked playfully, but was deadly serious. The surprise would be intoxicating.

sci-fi-futuristic-concert-hall-crowd-wallpaper-preview.jpg

A Devils-Deal was struck...

It would take thirty days for the plan to be rolled into action, the location for the event was to take place at a former community center in Lessu which had been only summarily damaged by the bombing a few years back, Felix had to go through a somewhat lengthy means to procure it, wheeling and dealing with the vice-royalty in such a manner that they had effectively fleeced the orbiting Royal with a long term contract that equated him having to pay twice the cost for the buildings worth over an extended period of time. They'd managed to dress it up as though they were doing Felix a Favor too, one that they would likely attempt to call in at a later date.

Thankfully such deals had a habit of being null and void with massive leadership changes.

After procurement came the business of bringing in a cadre of House Aquila workers to pretty the place up. He would hire almost a two hundred local workers, for the project, use local steel and glass, hiring cultural leaders from the community to liase with the project which would be monumental in the speed in which it was achieved. All the while advertising for the grand opening of the building was said to be taking place. The Sapphire Siren of Csilla was the name the Rylothian press were calling the woman, who had been asked to perform at locations around the cities by Felix in order to get her name out there and spread word that this was but a taste of what was to come. That a performance in Lessu was going to be otherworldly.

An Amphitheater was built and steel was cut to size, the building itself was finished no more than a couple days before the night of the performance. Seating and furnishings being lifted in and handled by more workers paid three hundred credits each for the days work. Ryloth was filled with the unemployed and the desperate looking for even a little coin to feed their hungry families. The sheer sum of daily work just clearing rubble or carrying supplies or fittings was plentiful, and many hands made quick work.

The finished product was, although not masterful on a galactic scale, the surrounding structure of polished marble and steel with an interior of polished steel and coloured glass was something Ryloth had yet to see in some time. A raw gem in its splendor discovered among the rubble. The building would take fifteen years of performances and functions to turn a profit on what he had spent on it. But it was nothing compared to the delight in the looks of the people as they worked. Felix himself helped with the electrical components and testing in the building until it was finally done, lighting was set and opening night was upon them.

Backstage

"So, nervous?" Felix would ask carrying a small silver case in his hand and placing it on a nearby table, looking to her and smiling as he would circle the table to be on the other side of her. "I come bearing gifts!" With an audible click clack with no small amount of flair he would open the sleek container away from her sight before spinning it in her direction. Inside would be two pistols, one a charred metal black with silver detailing while the other mirrored it with chromium plating with black detailing. The black Nightjar was a masterpiece of subtle stealth technology and light armour piercing while the Canary was a rapid fire weapon capable of flitting quickly between Electrical and Thermal ammunition, which were provided with it.

"Had these made up nicely for you, they're pretty easy to hide on your person, I've... known... people to keep thigh holsters, but how you go about it is up to you." He'd almost look bashful for a moment, as he would let her at the two energy weapons. It wasn't his place to suggest how she hide her body using her curves to her advantage, but the thought had gone to his mind briefly. But everything had moved so quickly, people were taking their seats, filtered into the area by House Aquila Security, while those with VIP passes would take the booths above, their own small cadre of protection wreathed around the noble families who arrived. The Vicelord was absent, they didn't do events like this... but it was a beginning.

jHiLsO.png

Although it had been thirty days to pull everything together, Diamis felt like no time had passed at all. She'd continued performing as normal, outwardly advertising the show on Ryloth, and silently practicing her aim. She didn't know exactly what she would need to do, but it would be a horrible idea to let her combat prowess slip now. Beyond that, sparring had become her favorite form of exercise, so it was quite fun. And since she did it quite often, it kept her cover from being blown.

Now she sat in the dressing room, making sure not a crease sat upon her dress. It was the most expensive and most beautiful piece of costuming she owned, and knew that it would be what she needed for the night's performance. With Felix's open advertising of her alien nature, she knew she'd have to wear a dress that not only showed but emphasized her otherness. In her experience, she knew that red dresses brought out the glimmer in her eyes, and it was what drew people in. The fact that many of her performance dresses were red was no mere coincidence.

She sat up and smiled when Felix entered. Oh she was always nervous, but she'd never let it show. "Gifts? You shouldn't have," she half-purred, leaning over to look at them. She opened her eyes wider, and the glimmer in her eyes shone once more. "Oh... oh these are interesting." She reached out and ran her hand over one of them, picking it up and getting a feel for it. "Under this skirt? Anything can be hidden." Diamis chuckled, laying the weapon back down. "Thank you. How are you feeling?"

GreyB.gif

To say Rayna was out of her element would be a colossal understatement. It was more her element to be blending into shadows and observing from a distance, but today she was not a spy nor was she an intelligence agent she was simply one of the many in the audience to see this singer from off-world everyone seemed to be raving about.​
Typically her attire consisted of much more practicality and was geared to avoid drawing attention. On this particular occasion, however, there was no job, nothing that needed her talents or skills just an opportunity to relax that was all. In fact that had been all she was doing of late. With the many notable failures of Shadowfeed over the past few years, there was restructuring occurring at the highest levels. That was about as much as she had managed to get out of HIGHCOM, but a standby order was better than being fired.​
That was the long and the short of it, standby and enjoy some R&R then when the time comes she'll return to active duty. It wasn't the answer or the timeframe she wanted but that's how it was the woman swirled her glass as she sat quietly in a boot in the back quite content to blend into the background.​

5ec430fd382a5316ef847efe19f609a5.jpg

Tag: Yed'Iami'Sabosen Yed'Iami'Sabosen Rayna Lockley Rayna Lockley

"Don't tempt me to try." Felix would laugh at her comment, though, he was nervous, the seats were filling and the time nearing to curtain call was getting ever closer. The one night only event on Ryloth was going to spark a global change in how everything worked. Months of planning, purchasing at cost and wheeling and dealing would lead to the next hour. Felix was calling on the force to still his heart to keep himself from trembling like a karking leaf.

"Yeah, but It'll all be fine, I'm going to be in the stands too. No point in me not enjoying the show I helped to put together, and it would seem suspicious if i wasn't visible. Assets are in place. So the meeting is set for intermission, they'll be restricted to a single bodyguard each. But after the shooting starts this place is going to go to hell. The security teams will be coming after me for revenge, any assistance you'd like to provide as we make our way to my transport would be lovely. Exits the north side landing pad on the fourth floor."

Felix would revise, all there was left was to ensure that his guard were well stocked and loaded. Wielding the House Aquila Armour and the lighter weapons from the DS series of weapons, 'at least they'll be outgunned' Felix would think to himself, which left only outmatched and out numbered. Sadly the House Aquila PMC was not as elite trained as he would have liked, standing on par with special police, but they weren't on par with the ex soldiers and former veteran commandos of other extreme mercenary companies.

He would smile, listening to her responses and leaning in to hug her one more time before reaching behind him and pulling out one last thing. a mask that seemed to be made out of an ultrachrome gold alloy. A wirey profile that he thought would match the dress she wore excellently. "Oh! I had this comissioned by one of the most renowned jewlers on Ryloth for you, its a gift to remember us by once this is all done, and I thought it would look fabulous with that dress." He would smile, before taking a couple of steps back to take in the full picture of the Chiss songbird.

He'd smile and chuckle plainly and unreservedly, his masks around Yed had been slipping over the course of the month, it seemed that the two of them thought alike in many ways. It allowed Felix to let his guard down, express himself more openly in a world where there were very few people he felt as though he could do that with, even amongst the Lotus order he was a part of.

jHiLsO.png

Diamis tied the ribbons of the mask under her hair, and smiled when she saw the full picture. "It's beautiful," she said, looking back to Felix. "Fits like a glove." She reached out and grasped his hand, squeezing it gently. It was odd for Diamis, to say she had a friend, but he was someone she genuinely felt that she could trust. And for once, she didn't have to hide her smiles. Of course, it was an odd friendship, one that bloomed around him offering her stardom in exchange for assisting in a political assassination. And yet, she wouldn't have had it any other way.

She stepped away and began fishing through her bag. After a moment of searching, she pulled out what she was looking for-- two sleek black pistol holsters. They were attached together by a belt, and had straps to wrap each holster around each leg. She looked from the holsters to the pistols he'd brought her, then nodded. She'd originally expected to use her own, but these would fit in perfectly. Diamis glanced over her shoulder towards Felix, lifting one side of her dress slightly to indicate what she was doing. "If you're shy, look away," she joked. "But don't worry, I've had to change in front of significantly worse company."

She slipped her dress up, letting it pool around her hips, and clasped the belt on. After loading each pistol and making sure the safety was on so that it wouldn't fire, she locked one on each side. She dropped her dress, letting it fall around her feet. She swayed from side to side a few times, and after checking the mirror, it was obvious that nothing was showing. Diamis nodded, clapping her hands together, and turning back to Felix. "It's showtime."

With one last squeeze of Felix's hand, she headed onstage, and the show began. It was easiest the largest crowd Diamis had ever performed in front of, but she'd rehearsed for years for something like this. And now the chance was finally here. With a slight nod to the conductor, she opened her mouth, and began to sing.

Felix Aquila Felix Aquila , Rayna Lockley

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom