Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Prototype Arok-II Starfighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
IrgHKUz.png

Prototype Arok-II Starfighter

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Ken Martano Ken Martano
  • Affiliation: Closed Market
  • Model: Arok-Series Starfighter, Model II
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material: Titanium, Durasteel
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Starfighter
  • Length: 13 Meters
  • Width: 10 Meters
  • Height: 8 Meters
  • Armament: Very High
    • 4 Laser Cannons
    • 2 Concussion Missile Launchers
  • Defenses: High
    • Durasteel Armor Plating
    • Heavy Shield Generator
  • Squadron Count: Very Low (4)
  • Maneuverability Rating: High
  • Speed Rating: High
  • Hyperdrive Class: Average (2)
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Standard Communications Array
  • Standard Hyperdrive
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Repulsorlift Engines
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Standard Starfighter Laser Cannons (3)
  • Standard Targeting Systems
  • Can Enter Atmosphere and Land
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Heavy Deflector Shield Generator
  • Power-Boosted Ion Engines
  • Concussion Missile Tubes (2)
STRENGTHS
  • The Arok-II is a powerful all-arounder, with better defenses, speed, maneuverability, and weaponry than standard fighters.
WEAKNESSES
  • The Arok-II relies heavily on its shields for protection; its armor is weak in order to allow for good speed.
  • Pushing the Arok-II to its limits on speed, defenses, and weaponry all at once will cause a power failure.
DESCRIPTION
As the Hutt Cartel prepared to go to war, leading engineers for the crime syndicate worked to refine the Arok starfighter that was entering common usage. They were able to eliminate many of the flaws of the design, further strengthening its shields while also bolstering its engines and maneuvering thrusters, and ultimately created a starfighter that is well above average in all respects. Had they ever seen combat, they might have been the terror of Republic pilots. Unfortunately for the Hutts, the Arok-II design cost more than twelve times as much as a standard Arok to produce. The Cartel fell as a galactic power before this problem could be circumvented.

Ultimately, only a handful were ever actually produced, and most of these rare craft were stolen or destroyed during the Cartel's collapse.

The Arok-II is not designed for cargo or passengers, accommodating only a single pilot despite its long frame. It does contain room for a week's consumables, though it is doubtful that the Hutts would have actually provided such for their pilots in a craft designed to be carrier-deployed. Most of the ship's bulk is taken up by subsystem wiring and tibanna cooling systems, which work overtime to cryo-cool its powerful reactor. Despite its strength and heat, this power system struggles to keep the craft at full performance if the fighter is pushed to its limits, and has a nasty habit of cutting out life support first if there's not enough power to go to all systems.

The engineers probably would have fixed that if the craft had ever made it out of the prototype stage. Probably.

Like its more affordable predecessor, the Arok-II excels against other starfighters, and is capable of doing harm to larger ships in groups or through concentrated fire. Armed with the same weapons systems as that lesser, earlier version, its main advantages are in its substantially better speed and maneuverability, without sacrificing defense. The hull itself, studded with maneuvering thrusters and only thinly plated over the jumble of subsystems, is quite fragile despite a halfhearted attempt at durasteel armoring. The engineers gambled that most incoming fire would never get that far, as the shielding package is quite powerful, especially given the craft's nimbleness.

Although intended to be carrier-deployed, the Arok-II does boast a decent hyperdrive. A craft this expensive needs the ability to escape if left behind.

Last edited:
Ken Martano Ken Martano

Hi, I am Vis and I will be reviewing this submission. This is a great all-around fighter concept and a nicely made submission, and there's just a few things we need to work on before this is good for approval.

First, you are 1 point under in terms of balance, so you can raise any rating you like by one level or you may leave it as it is if you like, it's up to you. I just like to let authors know when they're under-powered. I'd recommend you kick it up a bit, just because this is such a great fighter and it deserves to be as strong as it can be.

Second, your weaknesses. The first one speaks about its being cost-prohibitive for large-scale manufacture, and while that's a great backstory element, it isn't a substantive weakness per se. For strengths and weaknesses, what we're usually looking at is how does this ship fare in battle? what advantages and disadvantages exist that can be used in RP? That sort of thing really. Your other two weaknesses are fine, but this first one just isn't a 'weakness' really, so if you could move that into the description that would better place to make this point.

Third, under manufacturer, you link the 'Wookieepedia' link to the Hutt Cartel, and while I see where this fits into your story, it doesn't quite fulfill the manufacturer's requirement. Might I suggest also listing yourself as a manufacturer, hyperlinking your name to your profile page. That would solve this easily and let you take the credit for a terrific sub.

That's really all I am seeing, so if you can make those changes please, I think we can approve this. Just tag me when you have finished and if you have questions, please ask and I will be more than happy to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom