Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Proper Order of Submissions

Alorith Greysteel

A
I am planning on creating the planet for my newest character here, as well as making some cities, castle, and other assorted locations that will appear on the planet as well. It is a rather long list that I have planned, so I was wondering where I would need to get started. Would I submit the locations first, then link them all to the planet submission when I make it, or would I need to make the planet first so that I can link it to all the submissions?

Khyr Beviin

K
Alorith Greysteel I would suggest you make the planet first, and then work on the other submissions. You can always go back after you've done one or more submissions and request to edit the planet submission and this way you can link the planet to the subs on the planet, and then continue to bolster the planet sub as you go.

I am planning on creating the planet for my newest character here, as well as making some cities, castle, and other assorted locations that will appear on the planet as well. It is a rather long list that I have planned, so I was wondering where I would need to get started. Would I submit the locations first, then link them all to the planet submission when I make it, or would I need to make the planet first so that I can link it to all the submissions?

Hi there.

There are a few ways you can do this, but, it's mostly personal preference.

My Suggestion:

Use the Pre-Codex. Create your Planet as a WIP, plus, your locations large and small. Link them together there and you can work on them concurrently. When the submissions get moved to Live Judging the links will remain so you won't have to do a submission modification later. Submissions CAN have links in them that are still in the Pre-Codex.

Alternate From Khyr Beviin is a Good One Too:

Start with the Planet. Include basic descriptions of the locations as points of interest, then, go back and link them properly later with a Submission Modification.

I have seen a lot of planets "rejected" by the judges or with a lot of requests for review before approval. Start from the planet which is perhaps the easiest to get approved. Before the procedure is completed you will have time to start other things.

This really isn't factual at all. Planets are rarely rejected, though, the Judges do follow up with questions and concerns to ensure the template was followed. Planets take time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom