Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Progress, Not Perfection

As Adenn arrived, it seemed that the other trainers vanished. ES slipped off to do something, and the two Mandos from earlier were nowhere to be seen. Oh well thought Adenn to himself, more training for me to do. Turning his attention to the trainees, Adenn stood silently by as they went through it. Idly eh wondered where the other trainers were, when suddenly some shots impacted near the troops, no doubt from one of the trainers. Grinning slightly, Adenn made a note to compliment whoever it was that thought of this, it would certainly get the trainees blood pumping. That was one person accounted for, now Adenn simply had to wait for the others to reveal themselves.

Shortly thereafter two shots came in over Adenn and his mens head, with the bolts being thin and looking deadly. Immediately, not even considering what he had been thinking of, Adenn and his men spun away from each other and towards cover. At the same time they drew their weapons as one, turned and opened up in the general direction that the two sniper shots had come from. They each shot at least a dozen shots in that direction, each shot fully charged and not set to stun, but to kill. Then they stop, weapons still aimed in that direction before wordlessly holstering their guns and turning back to watching the recruits. Whoever that was no doubt learned to not shoot at Clan Mortui now, then again, Adenn now realized that it was no doubt someone who would also be sniping at the recruits. They simply wanted to get a reaction out of Adenn and his men, well they got a reaction, an instantaneous and deadly one. Smirking behind his helmet, Adenn continued to observe the trainees.

@ES-06 @Uyia Wryss [member="Vhei Wasp Naudir"] [member="PFC Andrew Miller"] [member="Premier William Harris I"]

Andrew and his team crawled through filth, covered in mud. The wire was low, scratching a cutting the tops of their heads, and the blaster-fire was whizzing past. It only took one stab of razor-wire into the back of Andrew's neck to realized not to bounce with fear and the rounds flew past. He quickly slid through the tractionless slop, leading the line of squadmates at a high speed before reaching the end of the 100 meter line. As he reached the end, there was no hesitation, Squad 3 pulled ahead as they were among the first the exit the wire-course. Quickly, one-by-one, standing and beginning their 1 kilometer dash to the finish line. By agility test, it really meant, tire you, beat the sh1t out of you, fill your clothes with mud, then make you sprint.

The team began moving quickly down the muddy path. It was all clear until, "Boom!" Andrew and several squadmates jumped as a grenade landed danger-close and blew, throwing shrapnel in all directions, just out of range of the cadets. They began sprinting as grenades came down around them from all sides, running along the path as the smell of sulfur and burning concrete began to burn their nostrils.

It took much dedication, but team 3 made the run in about 4 minutes, sprinting. By the time Andrew reached the end, he was out of breath, covered in mud, and smelled like shit. As the other teams began to arrive, the instructors began to gather again. His team made it through first, so they had a choice on which test they would begin with. Andrew looked around at his tired squad-mates as the test wrapped up.

The drill sergeant approached Andrew, who had a red band to signify rank, and started, "Where do you want to start son?"

"Squad Weapons, and Infiltration tactics sir!" The sergeant pointed to [member="Uyia Wryss"]

"They are with you." Quickly, each instructor was granted a squad to train, and the group dispersed to their training locations.

Wasp hits the- no.. how can she hit the dirt? she's already on the ground.

Wasp freezes as the mortui suddenly turn and possibly dump a mag or two into the treeline nearby and over her head. Once the fire stops and the mortui resume whatever they were doing, she reaches up to her helmet and activates her commlink

-Let me guess, "Suppressing fire" Right?- she chuckles -So tell me, which of the mortui has decided to grace us with their presence? Must be someone important to dump that many shots in their defence-

She wasn't too worried, they'd stopped and even if they hadn't, her armor could take their shots, no problem. She goes back firing pot shots at the trainees, especially anyone that was lagging behind. Squad three pushed through pretty quick, good thing too, else they might have been fodder to the grenades. She wasn't happy about the sudden grenades either, she could see the live shrapnel through her scope...

she stands up and activates her repulsor wings, gliding over to the squadrons at the end of the course.

"Squad three huh? lucky you" She says as she touches the ground, wings fluttering for a moment before retracting into her repulsor pack.

She looks around at the other squadrons for a moment before taking her helmet off "Alright Troopers! Who wants to beat people up on land And In the air? It'll be fun once you've proven that you can deal with my mandalorian shab!" She laughs, bellowing her question at the various squadrons that were standing around.

Uyia watched as [member="Vhei Wasp Naudir"] treeline got lit up. She laughed slightly, before getting to the ground as the squads all finished up.

"Lucky me indeed. They did well. Even avoided the live grenades."

Well, guess Uyia was solely on tactics. Not the worst job in the world, though it would mean she wouldn't be doing full physical training yet, stuck in a classroom instead. I guess that is the bullet to bite in order in order to get paid. Still, means it was less likely for these dumb rookies to get shot by her. She was surprised that squad three managed to fully avoid her shot aimed at one of their heads. Good stock, that seemed to be what squad three was. She was decently happy to actually work with them first

"Right, I'll get onto it immediately"

Uyia's helmet was off at this point, her glare becoming like knives as she stared at the group she was working with. The right side of her head, shaven fully, shown the crusader's mark of Mandalore burning.

"SQUAD THREE, GET YOUR ASSES IN LINE NOW! IF I DON'T SEE YOU INFRONT OF ME BEFORE I HIT A COUNT OF 3, I WILL SHOOT THE SLACKERS IN THE LEG!"

She waited, before turning with the squad and marching them off to a section deeper in the forest. IF you want infiltration, a good place to start is somewhere where you can hide. She decided she'd teach them more than tactics. She'd give them actual experience dealing with stealth.

[member="PFC Andrew Miller"]

Watching the recruits, Adenn noted that squad 3 made it across first. Even as this was happening, Adenn received a message from Wasp. So that's who it was that was shooting at them, oh well, they didn't kill her. Luckily enough for her. He considered for a moment if he should grace her question with an answer, then decided it wouldn't hurt.
"Hardly suppressing fire, if it were it'd be more accurate. More warning shots, as in don't shoot at us again." Was his first reply, then he continued. "As for which of the Mortui, try the Alor of Clan Mortui, myself, Adenn Kyramud. But don't worry, that wasn't a lot, we went easy. If this were combat, I guarantee that hillside there would be flattened and on fire." The entire time his tone was even, it was as if he were talking about the weather, not flattening an entire hill.

When Adenn sees the live grenades, Adenn can't help but chuckle at some memories. He'd gone through something similar when he was younger than these recruits, only he'd had fun, these recruits didn't look like they were. Squad 3 seemed to be good, first and it seemed good in dodging shots and grenades. It would pay to keep an eye on them, perhaps use them if they proved their worth. When Uyia was shown to be the trainer for them, Adenn raised a hand in greeting to her. Silently he wished her the best of luck, even as he observed Wasp.

It seemed the other Mandalorian had infiltration while Wasp had hand to hand, that left Adenn with weapons. Now, that was a lot of area, especially since Adenn had a lot of weapons at his disposal. Even as Wasp asked for volunteers, Adenn instead simply grabbed the first squad he saw, squad 1. Pointing at them, Adenn made a follow me motion before heading off towards the firing range, or at least near it. The squad followed him quickly, they were tired but still eager to serve. Though they were slightly nervous at being surrounded by the 3 Mandos with Adenn, Mandos who had positioned themselves on each side of the squad, keeping an eye on them all. Chuckling again, Adenn merely waved a goodbye and kept walking with the recruits in tow.

[member="Uyia Wryss"] [member="Vhei Wasp Naudir"] [member="PFC Andrew Miller"] @ES-06

For the next few posts, I will have longer responses due to the three groups I'm controlling.
[member="Uyia Wryss"] Squad 3

Drew and the other troops moved single file behind Uyia as they slowly moved into the woods, They stayed relatively quiet, preparing for the first Phase of their training and excited for what was to come. Drew looked behind him and whispered, "Where you think she's taking us?"

The recruit behind him chuckled very lightly, peaking forward. They were at the back of the line, no way she could hear. He looked at drew real quick, "You mean that crazy b!tch is a she? Well.." he peaked forward again, "She almost shot me."

There was a light snicker as the group continued to move forward into the woods. Drew was cautiously optimistic. His father was a law enforcement agent, so even if he'd never had to move tactical, he'd gotten quite good and moving silently without detection after sneaking in at late hours during his early teens.

[member="Vhei Wasp Naudir"] Squad 2
Duke was a little nervous, but his anxiety was nothing new. Since he got to this place he had been anxious, but his squadmates definitely helped. He had something to prove now though, if wasp was being honest, then he was going to have to show his squadmates how strong he was. He always bragged about how strong he was, and how he was such a good pilot, but that was mostly locker room talk, now he had to prove it. The whole situation had him on edge though, 'what next?' he thought. 'First I say I'm a strong pilot, and the tell me to prove it', he smirked, 'let's hope they don't try to make me prove what I said about my cute neighbor.' he thought. This mental hype-up was interrupted by a tap on his shoulder from the guy behind him.

Duke looked at this scrawny kid. He was a halfbaked, fetus-looking punk who didn't have a strand of muscle on him, and if it wasn't for the shaved head and uniform, you wouldn't have taken him for much of anything, much less a soldier, "Hey lord duke, you think I have a shot with our hot new instructor?"

Duke rolled his eyes. He was trying to decide on giving the toad blind confidence or a witty comeback, but decided on the ladder, "You wouldn't have a chance if the whole damn platoon each chipped in 5 dollars. If looks could kill, your's would be the Vong." He smirked a little bit before turning away. Not that Jack wasn't nice, but it was easy to mess with the kid.

[member="Adenn Kyramud"] Squad 1
'Great' though Liv. She was not only the only girl in this whole damn squad, but she was also being lead out into the middle of the woods by this tall silent wanna-be badass. She got it and new the type, she learned it from her mom's inability to find a good guy growing up. The same old jackass with a pumped out chest who never used his words. Whatever. Walking through the woods, she could feel the guys looking at her, she was about midway through the line, so that leads to about 5 sets of eyes staring below her waist at any moment, and it was making her uncomfortable, but it was just part of boot camp. The looking didn't really bother her though, it was the constant flirting and comments, she was treated like an unknown species, the spectacle of every event.

Liv never understood it. How was it that you take a large group of guys, and not five minutes after, they start ganging up and talking like they saw a woman before. The truth was, most of them wouldn't have the chops to come talk to her alone, and besides a few other girls in this class, she felt pretty isolated. She had to calm herself. If she was to ever become a knight, she would need to try to balance herself. She was force sensative, and none out of her family new, and she figured no one needed to. She was planning on using her abilities to assist her in the mele fights.

She and the squad continued on, opposite of the rest, deeper into the woods to train.

"You'll need to do more than a landscaping crew to get me, in this armor, kyramud." She says into her comm with a feint chuckle. Now, maybe that could have been an exaggeration, But she'd already been stabbed three times with a beskad, shot, and blown up in this particular set of duraplast before.

Kyramud hmm? She didn't know much about the man himself, save for the fact that his armor was of course black with red accents, meaning he was likely of being one of those mandalorians. His men on the otherhand, well not these men in particular, but the ones she'd fought beside on ord centrell, she knew enough to know that mortui soldiers would do just fine.

Now onto more important matters, her squadron. squad 2, whom she hadn't even noticed on the obstacle course truth be told..
She takes a moment to observe the squadron two, noting the two that were conversing over there. one was a scrawny little thing, he was worthy of the classic "Short to be a storm trooper" line, but then- these men weren't going to be storm troopers, these were going to be jumptroopers, If they could handle their training.

"Squad 2! I don't like your shade of blue, or those uniforms- You have two minutes to get into the armory and in your armor. Understood?!" She shouts.
she'd be lying if she said she didn't enjoy this a little, kicking aruetiise into shape. Hopefully they'd see the method to the madness once it was over, after all, If she didn't push them now, they'd all end up dead on some rock or spaced outside of some jedi's station..
Whenever squad two had finished up in the armory, wasp would take them all out to a large tower that stood high above a pool of water, and next to her would be a series of crates, each one lined up and opened to reveal a repulsor pack.

[member="PFC Andrew Miller"] [member="Adenn Kyramud"] [member="Uyia Wryss"]

It would take a good 30 minutes of constant marching, but Squad 3 and Uyia would eventually make it into one of the denser areas of the wood. Barely any light came through the trees, and the only section that was even remotely bright was a small 20 x 20 meter clearing right in the middle. It wasn't the best place in the world for what she had in mind, but it would do. She pulled her hand up, signally for all of the squad to stop and get into formation. She turned, looking straight at them.

"Ok, first things first: Props on getting through that course first, and with very few issues. I'll be keeping an eye on you, you make good stock. That being said..."

She flung her arm to one side, a piece of her gauntlet opening up. A spurt of flame burst from it, going for a few seconds before stopping. What was left of a large bush was ash, burnt wood, still burning wood, and the smell of charred meat. The gauntlet closed back up, as she got back into talking.

"As a result of your immediate success, I will give no leniency to any of you. Any training done with me will be using some lethal means. As you continue through this process, you will have more to deal with compared to the other squads. As of now? This includes lethal rounds from blasters, as well as the use of my flames. I hope this is understood, you'll die without understanding."

She looked over the crowd, taking note of fear, anger, bloodlust, and other such attributes. Any remarks, movement out of line, anything to show these recruits that she meant what she had said. Both her handguns were on her sides, primed to be used on them. She had left the sniper back at the armory, she wouldn't need it for this section of training.

"Any questions?"

[member="PFC Andrew Miller"]

Adenn smirked in reply to what Wasp said, it was very witty. Then he replied in kind.
"Oh, those were just some warning shots. We realized that it was probably a trainer, not an actual attack. If we were defending ourselves, that hillside would be a blazing crater right now. Keep that in mind for the future." Adenn chuckled again before turning his focus to the squad he was with.

Motioning for them to follow, he had then made his way towards the firing range. Looking them over using his 360 degree helmet camera, Adenn noticed that there was only one female in the entire squad. That didn't bother, what did bother Adenn was that those near this girl were concentrating more on her then on Adenn. He hadn't said much of anything yet, but still, it was poor behavior. Sneering behind his helmet, Adenn decided to teach them an early lesson. Holding up a fist, Adenn silently ordered everyone to a halt.

Turning to face everyone, Adenn silently looked them over before speaking, his voice low, but loud enough to be heard by everyone.
"You're all here to serve the Fel Imperium, always remember that. This boot camp isn't for you to be distracted by others, but to turn you into soldiers. For that reason, always pay attention to your instructor, or something could happen."

Even as he said that, Adenn could see that 2 of the 5 who had been ogling Liv still were. Sighing to himself, Adenn nodded his head once. Immediately the Mortui warrior at the back of the group stepped forward. She grabbed the 2 recruits and dragged them back 2 paces before forcing them to face her. Adenn spoke once more then.
"If you don't focus on myself or one of my troops, you'll be punished. Here we have our first two victims, a pair of di'kuts who were focused more on a female then on what could one day save their lives. Observe how training brought this warrior to be one of the best."

The female Mandalorian sneered behind her helmet before saying, "Commence fight." That was a clear indicator for the 2 recruits to attack her. For a moment they were cocky, thinking it'd be easy, then they looked at the Mando again. She was ready for a fight, more so than them. They couldn't just back out though, and so they attacked. Not even 5 seconds later they were both on the ground, not knowing what had just happened. Smirking behind her helmet, the female Mandalorian simply watched as they struggled to stand up. Adenn spoke once more.
"That or something similar will happen to anyone who's not focusing fully on the instructors. I don't care who you are out there, in here you're a lowly recruit and will do as I say." Chuckling, Adenn turned around and kept moving. "That said, I bet you're wondering what she did. If, and only if, you all do well in this training, she may show you what it is she did."

A few minutes later they'd arrive at the shooting range. The walk had been harder than expected, for the recruits that is. Meanwhile, the Mandalorians were perfectly fine, not showing any discomfort. Smirking behind his helmet, Adenn let the recruits quickly catch their breaths. Then he clapped his hands, signalling for the recruits to form up. Chuckling again, Adenn looked them over once more.
"So, first things first, you're going to stretch. I won't have someone wimping out halfway through because of a cramp."

Stepping back, Adenn let them stretch, watching to see if someone would step up to lead them. Once they were done, he'd get their attention again. He wanted to do shooting training, but also make sure it was fair for everyone. Smiling behind his helmet, Adenn pulled the Void Stone out of the special pouch holding it. Now its effects should be felt by Force users. Showing it for all to see, he then let it dangle there in front of his chest plate.
"This here is a Void Stone, it will prevent any of your number with Force powers from using them. You will prove yourselves without any extra powers, use only your own skills and training to win." Looking them over again, Adenn shook his head slightly. "All of you line up in front of the firing range."

On the tables there would be a wide variety of guns. E-11s, DC-15s' and 15a's, westars, heavy weapons, snipers, pistols, and more. They all had live ammo inside of the clips, so that the recruits would get the hang of it.
"So then, let's see what you can do before I start teaching you. I want to see who's good and who isn't, to see who has trained with these and hwo hasn't." Looking them over one more time, Adenn started a timer in his helmet before shouting out, "Begin!"

[member="Vhei Wasp Naudir"] [member="PFC Andrew Miller"]

[member="Uyia Wryss"] Squad 3

Squad 3 followed along behind Uyia, they were whispering back and forth, wondering about what would happen to them. When they finally arrived, they all beamed at the compliment from their Mandalorian instructor, but immediately wiped those smiles off at her next words. Staring at her, they all jumped slightly when she activated her flamethrower, not expecting that. They were beginning to regret coming in first, especially if lethal means were being used.

Then came the question about any questions. Usually recruits are smart enough to not ask any, but one of Drews squadmates wasn't. That recruit raised her hand slightly and nervously coughed before speaking.
"Uh... miss, will you... eh... will you really shoot us if we mess up?"

The others might've laughed, but they were also slightly scared about that possibility. Thus they focused on Uyia and listened to her response.

[member="Vhei Wasp Naudir"] Squad 2

Squad 2 wasn't the best squad out there, but it also wasn't the worst. It was above average though, but no recruit that really stood out from the crowd.
Of course, with Wasp that should be ok, it should hopefully mean they'd all pass. That's what many of them thought at least. Aside from Jack, he was thinking up plans on how to seduce their instructor, while those directly next to him where planning on watching him crash and burn.

They all rushed off to quickly change and made their way back, with Jack hoping to be the first there, but only coming in at the same time as some others. He was rather disappointed by that, but resolved himself to ask later. The recruits all followed Wasp, making their way in formation, many not truly holding their breaths. When they arrived at the jetpack area, Duke nudged Jack, edging him on. Whispering to him,
"Jack, go for it. Volunteer, I bet she'll have the hots for you after that."

Jack flushed before whispering back. "You really think so?" After receiving a nod from Duke and some others, Jack decided to go for it. He walked up ahead of the group and towards the repulsor packs. Looking rather sheepish, he spoke up, voice nervous, and eyes slightly averted, flashing back and forth from Wasp to the ground.
"Uh... hi miss, I'm Jack. It's.. it's uh nice to meet you miss." Some chuckling was heard from the back of the squad then, but Jack couldn't back out then. "I... I uh want to volunteer for this?"

Adenn Kyramud Squad 1

After the little demonstration Adenn and his soldier gave, the recruits of Squad 1 were very compliant. No one had ogled Liv anymore, which she was greatful for, but still thought that her instructor was a wannabe bada**. Secretly though, she was far more impressed with the woman who had taken down her two classmates, wondering what it was that had let her take them down so quickly. When instructed to stretch, they all stretched and made sure they wouldn't pull anything. Now that would be embarrassing.

When Adenn brought out the void stone, Liv gringed. There went her advantage, however slight it was. They then followed Adenn's orders and lined up, each grabbing a weapon when instructed to do so. They each had different weapons and were told they'd switch them out at some point in time. Once Adenn shouted "Begin" they opened fire. Some had obviously shot before, as they knew how to shoot, others simply sprayed down range. Liv herself was taking her time lining up a shot, she was patient.

After 2 minutes of that, they were ordered to switch weapons. Then told how to properly hold the weapons. Some still sprayed and prayed, others were better about it. After 5 minutes had passed, they switched weapons again. This went on for another 30 minutes. Eventually the trainers recognized who would be better for which weapon, and passed those out. Those with less aim but more ability to shoot faster were given heavy weapons. Those who had better aim, but not much patience were given various rifles. While those with lots of patience got snipers, Liv was one of those people.

Once that was done, they separated the groups and assigned different instructors. One for each section, heavy weapons, rfiles, snipers, etc. Then they brought these groups to separate areas and began training once more.

Wasp stood and observed the squadron as they made their way to the first of her little tests. The idea was to see who held up under the stress of being thrown the sky and into battle, even if the first test was a simple jump to a pool in a repulsor pack from the tower..
To her surprise, instead of the entire squadron lining up for their packs, one of the smaller recruits had come up to her, "Jack" he called himself. he was stuttering, obviously nervous, He "volunteered" for the task she'd sent the entire squadron to complete.

"Well jack, there's not much to volunteer for seeing as none of you had a choice to begin with, but I appreciate the enthusiasm.." She wasn't entirely sure what to make of it. The others were laughing at him behind his back, obviously he'd planned for this to go differently. He had meant to impress her, that much was certain. Well, why not give him the chance?...
She picks up one of the repulsor packs and shoves it into his hands

"Good. since you've volunteered, You'll be the first to jump." she started before taking a step forward to address the others.

"I have a test for the lot of you!" she begins shouting "Squad two will be the first of my jump troopers. Your first test shouldn't be a problem, You'll climb up that tower, and when I say Jump- You Jump! You're packs will send a signal to your helmets and wristcuffs when it's time to activate them, slowing your descent. The goal is to stop before you hit the water. The bigger the splash, the harder I'm going to make it for you, So you'd best not get wet.
Jack here has been so kind as to volunteer. So He'll jump first! Now form up on jack, single file, grab your packs, MOVE!"

She laughs, standing aside, waiting for everyone to get their packs and then pointing to the tower "MOVE! Move! move

Uyia looked at the recruit. Well, under the helmet, it was more of a death glare. Sighing, she stood more casually, an attitude of aloofness being shown towards the group of recruits. She even started to laugh a bit. It was relaxing, she would never actually shoot them on purpo-

Vrrrm

Uyia's muscles tightened as she swung one of the pistols out of her holsters, firing at the recruit. A shot pierced into the recruits thigh. Nothing that would kill him, but it would impair his movement and he would need help to leave the forest. Spinning it on her finger, she looked at the recruits and waved her hand to the injured one.

"First things first: If I say something, I mean it. Do not ask me if I meant it, I meant it. Your friend here didn't get that memo, I hope the rest of you did. That being said, any other questions? No dumb ones like that, I hope."

Waiting on any other responses, she watched to see if anyone would actually help their comrade or if they would just stand there, petrified. She hoped at least one would help but doubts filled her mind. She pulled out her second pistol, holding both in her hands, but otherwise showing restraint. Neither were aimed at them, she had her plans ready for the exercise, but it would depend on the next few actions by the recruits.

Maybe she did go too hard by shooting that one recruit. Oh well, that's warfare

[member="Adenn Kyramud"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom