Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Precious Metals

@[member="Popo"], I'm talking to Judges right now on the matter of selling Dev Threads.

So far it looks like it is perfectly acceptable so long as a story can be crafted out of hiring/buying the Restricted Items that has to be more than several posts long. If you want songsteel and cortosis, I can get it for you, as I'm working on that objective now.

I can get them all, but these threads take a chunk of time to complete each. We could probably start setting up the Beskar thread soon though, I have a Mando friend I can contact for help.

Also, quantities would be a nice thing to have when acquiring these things. Are we talking a glove of beskar/phrik/etc. or are talking more of a suit of armor for some of these?

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
I don't really want to answer what exactly I want the stuff for, but I'll need a lot of it. Perhaps a ton of each will do. Maybe a half to a quarter ton of the Songsteel, though. I won't need as much of that.

Like I said, I really wanna keep this under wraps, but I can definitely confirm very bluntly that it's not for a weapon, armor, or anything at all to be used for PvP purposes or to forward anything company or faction-wise. Its just something Popo would do in a heartbeat. I think the closest I could get to describing it would be a "personal item" but that's a stretch. Again, if any staff want to know just for peace of mind, just shoot me a PM and I'll explain it to you in detail to set minds at ease.

@[member="Triam Akovin"]

Popo said:

Nooooope. Not happening.

That is, if you mean LITERALLY a ton, then no, absolutely not, there is no way in hell I could ever acquire that much realistically, I don't think staff is going to like that too much either.

Well actually, I suppose I could help you achieve the goal of a ton, but you must understand that this will NEVER be done in one job. Ever. Also, Staffers might get irritable if you go over a certain threshold of restricted/powerful materials/objects.

I can get you a Suit's WORTH of these restricted material maybe, but anything above that, is ridonkculous.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Triam Akovin"]
A couple of threads is fine by me, but I do mean a literal ton. At least. I'm not building weapons or armor or a superweapon or anything. If you'd like, I can speak to staff and let them know what I'm doing. It might get them to let ya alone about it since you're not using it, you're selling it to me. Like I said, the stuff's not for anything besides fluff. A "Personal Item" or "Upgrade" if you will, though that's a stretch.

Hmmm... I'll give a hint. It is soley and primarily and only for prestige purposes for Popo.

Okay, I get it now I suppose. That's probably a lot less irritable for staff to handle. However though, just remember I might come back and borrow some of it ;) You'll be like the Akovin Bank! I trade Merc/Bounty jobs as a transaction of all the goodies I hunt for your prestige. do you think such a relationship could form?

I've done the math. A suit of armor I'm estimating is about 20 kilo's. In a Short Ton there is around 900 kilo's. If each trip equaled that realistic amount one would be expected to get out at best from a thread, then in order for me to acquire you a ton...

It will require me to do 45 threads acquiring you a ton... FOR EACH MATERIAL.

Can you see how implausible that is?

I suppose though, if I had LOTS of extra muscle I could get a bigger payload. Lets say, ten suits worth, or in other words, 200 kilos a thread.

Then in that case, it would take four to five threads which is a lot more reasonable, but still pretty difficult for four restricted items. That's around 20 thread for everything. Now if you lessened your goal to say, half a ton, then that's only ten threads for the whole shabang.

Also, I just realized that since I have Phrikite Ore but not Phrik, I'm in the need for Tydirium

So I'd be willing to give you half a ton of each material in ten threads for 10,000 creds total, Tydirium, advertisement, and the privilege of borrowing your materials in exchange for Merc/Bounty jobs in the future.

We can work this out in an IC thread too. Are you game?

@[member="Triam Akovin"]

10,000 credits total? Even in the classic movies that wasn't much; less than Han Solo's bounty. Since the credit at SWRP doesn't actually have any 'real' or set value I've been making it comparable to the US Dollar.

I would be asking for 100 million credits total - this stuff is rare and you're going to expend a LOT of effort doing it. Money might not count for anything officially, so why short change yourself?

I just sold yon Hutt a tonne of gold and silver, with several hundred precious gems for 80 million....

Jaddoe the Hutt

J
@[member="Triam Akovin"] if you want, @[member="Popo"] could "ask" (more like order, he outranks me) my troops to help. Fifty infantry with four arms enough to speed that up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom